main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource The Plot Bunny Thread: Managed by Jade_Max.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by shanobi, Aug 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    I've spent quite a while nurturing this bunny but I don't think that I could write it as well as it deserves to be written. If there's any questions about a certain part of it, PM me.

What if, instead of going to Polis Massa, Obi-Wan helped Padmé deliver the twins himself? Instead of dying, Obi put Padmé into a healing trance to help her recover from the birth. When she wakes, she realizes that she can never go back to Naboo or her old life and that her husband is truly gone. Padmé is determined to raise Luke and Leia herself so she and Obi-Wan change their looks (Obi shaves off his beard and gets some normal clothes, Padmé dyes her hair blonde and cuts it short or something) and they go to live on Corellia, where the huge human population makes them feel more comfortable about blending in; they also change their names, using Antilles as their last name since it's so common. The royal house of Naboo (and perhaps the house of Alderaan) ordered a pregnant-seeming HRD of Padmé Amidala to pass her off as dead.

About sixteen years later, Luke and Leia Antilles are typical Corellians. Leia is senior class president or something else that makes her a leader and yet not that important. Luke's a daydreamer, fantasizing about the things he's destined to do, while Leia tells him that they're nothing special. After the destruction of Alderaan (because of Bail's "treachery" against the Empire) Luke runs away, joining the Rebel Alliance because he believes that it's the right thing to do. Before the Antilles can find him and bring him back home (with the intention of telling him the entire truth and training him to be a Jedi along with Leia, who has been told everything after her brother ran away), Luke is captured by Darth Vader, who recognizes that he is Force-sensitive. He somehow realizes that there's a deep connection between the two of them, as well as a resemblance, and knows that Luke is his son.

So while Vader has Luke (who is angry at his parents for not telling him that Vader was his father and that he possesses a special power), Leia is undergoing training from Ben. After that, its up to you. Who lives and who dies is entirely up in the writer's hands; whether or not the fact that Padmé is alive affects Vader or if it's Leia's influence on Luke that turns the tide...or if the dark side wins, is up in the air. Just please let me know whenever you post it! :)

Edit: This could be an Obidala or Obi-Wan and Padmé could just be posing as a married couple to hide.

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'll take that one.

3. MarasFire

Jun 14, 2007
    Wow, I know you'll do a great job with it. I look forward to reading it.:)

Geez, I feel attached to the thing [face_worried] :_|

4. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    This one is too good to pass up. I may not post much on it for a little while, but I have to adopt it and do something with it. It's about time I wrote an LOTF AU.

5. Inquisitor_Skywalker

Inquisitor_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2008
    This bunny's been bouncing around in my head for a while, bugging me, so I figured that I might as well throw it out there.

Plot: "Anakin Solo died at Myrkr... In his final moments, he wishes desperately that he could have done more to stop the Yuuzhan Vong. His heart stops, and his world goes black... And then he wakes up... almost thirty years in the past.

At the height of Palpatine's New Order, Anakin faces the toughest decision of his life: Having witnessed first-hand the incompetence of the New Republic in dealing with the Vong menace, does he fight for the rebellion his family devoted their lives to... or against it?"

I don't have the time to devote to this right now, with one fic in the works already, and my hectic daily life, but maybe someone else does. If anyone does decide to write it, please lemme know so I can read it :D.

6. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    1. Write an AU where Han chose to stay with the Imps rather than free Chewie.

2. Sola raised Luke and Leia on Naboo and told them all their lives that she's their mom to protect them from the Empire. Sixteen years later, Leia finds herself headlocked against her "sister" Pooja in the competition for the position of the senator of Naboo. Luke, meanwhile, joins the Imperial Navy as a pilot and think that it's a simple matter of using his service record to help his sisters against their political opponents until the entire family catches Vader's eye.

3. Instead of having a second boy, Ta'a Chume had a girl named Iseldra. Because of the queen's second child was born a female in this universe, Kalen, the original Chume da, lived a carefree life after the birth of his sister. Iseldra, on the other hand, lives a tight life bound by assassination attempts and a strict mother who devoted all attention to her and none to her brother. Her only break from the daily stress is her best friend, Lady Elliar, until the girl takes an assassination attempt that was meant for her. Afterwards, she becomes a hollow shell of a woman and all attempt to resist the taint of Hapan politics erode.

The story begins with Chume ta Iseldra sending her dismayed brother along with her gifts to the New Republic, all in exchange for an alliance. For poor Kalen, that means that he has to marry Leia. Things almost like the way they do in COPL when Teneniel Djo, a witch that Kalen met during his wanderings across the galaxy, comes into the mix. At the climax of this story that's rife with political intrigue, assassination attempts, and romance, Iseldra realizes that her mother murdered her best friend, and makes a transition from the ambivalent sidekick to the antiheroine. The Solo ally themselves with Iseldra, who's now sorta their friend and more of a good girl than a plotting Hapan, and together, they force Ta'a Chume to pass the crown to the princess.

The epilogue takes place during the YJK series, when the gang to visit Hapes with Tenel Ka, Kalen and Teneniel's daughter. The kids are relaxing somewhere in teh garden when she makes a comment about how glad she is to be free from the crown that would eventually chain her eldest cousin.

7. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Caedus wins the war and Tahiri is his apprentice( and lover) while Ben is his right hand just like how Mara was Palpatine's right hand. Anyway, the Sith on Korriban lead by White Eyes wants to kill Caedus and take over his Empire. So after a series of attacks by these Sith, Caedus sends Tahiri and Ben to find the Sith leader White Eyes and eliminate him. Of course, during the mission, romance begins to blossum between Tahiri and Ben.

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Okay, this would have to be done by a Palpophile and I'm not kidding. Write The Phantom Menace from the perspective of Senator/Chancellor Palpatine.

9. Vaders_Angel

Vaders_Angel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2005
    Hello, I am completely unsure if this is the correct place to post this, as the forums are so vast, and while my registration date attests otherwise, I'm still relatively new around here, seeing as I was only active for a short time before leaving for a couple of years. But onto the point of this post. I'd really like to know, there are 'so' many great stories posted on here by some fantastic fic authors, it got me wondering ..if one has an idea for a fic..or a plot bunny as I suppose they're called, lol..but once they've 'already' started the outline on the fic, they see a fic written by someone else in which the plot is very simialar..is it still alright to post it, or would it be considered stealing? What I mean is..I've had this idea for a fic, where the Force brings Padme back, giving Anakin another chance at things, to do the right thing. But I found one by another author recently, where the Force handed Luke and Leia back to him. So I'm unsure whether or not it would be alright to post it without offending someone?

10. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    I may not get anything done one this for a bit but I would really like to do this story. I love the Naberries. There are so many possibilities to go with this story.

11. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    Vaders_Angel: once they've 'already' started the outline on the fic, they see a fic written by someone else in which the plot is very similar..is it still alright to post it, or would it be considered stealing?

Judging by the replies I got in this thread, I would say it's all right to post it. However -

I'm unsure whether or not it would be alright to post it without offending someone?

I suggest PMing the fic's author first and telling her/him about your fic before posting it (but not in great detail, of course, since that might be considered pimping).

- lazy

12. darkjedileia

darkjedileia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2007
    Here's a strange bunny that bit me-

What if Mon Mothma was a Sith master like Palpatine? Pretending to be a rebel leader and manipulating the alliance and Jedi to do her work in toppling Palpatine so she can seize power.

13. Vaders_Angel

Vaders_Angel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2005
    Okay, I'm pretty inexperienced at writing SW, but I thought I'd give this a try...

This one is probably quite cliche and in all likelihood may have been done to death in the past lol, but what if, upon becoming pregnant, Padme becomes somewhat Force sensitive by proxy, seeing as Luke is extremely sensitive, and I'm not quite sure because I'm not an expert on SW but I believe I've heard mention that Leia is as well but just never becomes as 'in tune' as Luke, due to not having been properly trained...but what if due to the twins having Force sensitivity, they send warnings, through Padme, who begins having dreams of Anis inevitable turn to the Dark Side. She tries to warn him and it kinda blows up in her face, or something to that effect?

Kinda hit me as I read some other peoples fics. I thought about writing this myself but I'd love to see a knowledgable fan with more writing experience take it.

14. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Bunny # 2:

What if the Jedi where catching on to Palpitine during Revenge of the Sith. Due to the stess of the job of Chancellor and the Jedi being on to him, he resigned just after Obi-Wan went to Utupoa but before telling Anakin he was a Sith. Palpitine's hidden apprentice, who is a well loved senator, takes the job as Chancellor.

Darth Sidious, hiding that he is Palpitine, becomes the leader of the Seperatist and attacks Coruscant.

15. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Someone's going to hate me for this, but...

An evil Mace Windu fic, where he is the ultimate Sith Lord of the galaxy and eventually takes title of Emperor...

Ok, so he doesn't have to take over the galaxy, just be evil! [face_devil]

I'm working on a fic based on that, but I'd like to see what others can do with it. :cool:

16. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    I'm all for lots of Mace fics! He's my favorite PT character. [face_love] (Oh, and just in case there's confusion, I'm not taking this bunny, just applauding the idea. ;) :p )

17. janiasolo

janiasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    Hi all! I'm new here, but I just thought up of what I think is a really interesting plot bunny, but don't have the time to write it! I literally thought it up in the shower like, ten minutes ago, and have to get as much down as possible while it's still fresh.

It's kind of Star Wars meets National Treasure meets The DaVinci Code. It's AU and set not long after Return of the Jedi. Not all the bounty hunters know of Jabba's death, so Han still has a price on his head and he takes the gang to Naboo to hide because he's friends with a handmaiden there. Why he knows her, I have no idea, they're just buds. So once they're there, Han tells her (the friend, haven't thought of a name for her yet) that he's in love with Leia but they get so little alone time and blah blah blah. So she suggests Han and Leia go lay low in the Lake Country, Chewie can chill in the woods while she takes care of Luke and the droids (it's a Luke/OC by the by). The Queen is in Coruscant and only took two handmaidens, which is why she's still on the planet.

As she's taking Luke to his rooms or on a tour or something, they pass by a hall with statues of all the past queens, and he is drawn to Queen Amidala (duh). Next to her statue is a bust of Sabe she was so important to Queen Amidala during the Trade Federation's occupation and the like. Luke asks the handmaiden about the statues and she explains how Amidala was one of the best queens Naboo ever had and how Sabe became a bit of a legend because she "disappeared" after Padme became senator, that so little is known about her, and there are rumours that she had a romance with the famous Obi-Wan Kenobi(also a Sobiwan of sorts).

The handmaiden mentions that Padme's sarcophagus is in the royal mausoleum, Luke asks to see it and recognizes the japor snippet as something he saw other people have on Tatooine (or something) and realizes that Padme is his mother. The handmaiden takes him back to her rooms because she needs something or he's going to stay there and he sees all sorts of research materials strewn all over the place. She explains that legend has it that Sabe hid her diary (with the truth about her friendship with Padme, where she went once she finished her service and her relationship with Obi-Wan) from the Empire and left clues to its hiding place. She admits that once she's finished her own service she wants to look for it.

That's as detailed as I have right now, but basically the handmaiden and Luke go looking for the clues and the diary, along the way falling for each other. What can I say, I'm a sucker for romances. :D

I have a few scenes written out if whoever wants to take this plot bunny wants to see them. Basically it's the handmaiden explaining the statues and such.

Any takers?

18. darkjedileia

darkjedileia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2007
    KOTOR bunny- Bastila promised her mother she would meet her again after the war with Malak ended, how would that meeting have gone after the dark side ending with her as the Sith lady.

19. MarasFire

Jun 14, 2007
    1. Zonama Sekot falls to the dark side.

2. Ben did kill Caedus in front of Luke.

3. Raised by Anakin and Padmé on Tatooine, Luke and Leia Skywalker grow up together. Leia meets her smuggler Han Solo and they eventually marry. If the Solos don't remain on Tatooine, Anakin goes to visit his grandparents and somehow meets the Tusken Raider Tahiri and falls in love. Because his great-grandmother was killed by the Tusken Raiders, Anakin knows that his grandfather and namesake, at the very least, would disprove of their match. What do the lovestruck pair do?

20. timerift22

timerift22 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    how and where do i post a challenge?

i have a few ideas that have been bouncing around in my
    head but im a reader not a writer so here they are.

1. Obi/Ani/Padme

on mission together ... O "WALKS IN" on A & P
    A blurts out Marriage ... O hurt and angry storms out and disappears
    sith get ahold of O and he falls
    A has to find and "save) O

2. Obi/Ani/Padme/Sabe

A defeats sidious but marriage is found out and he is expelled
    A & P go to naboo to live
    O returns from Utapau and finds out but does know reason why (marriage)
    O goes to Naboo confronts A fight/argument insues (bonus points for wet
    balcony over waterfalls) A says he wants O out of his life and O
    backs away slips and falls out of site.
    A wracked with guilt didnt MEAN it searches for O (finds with amnesia)
    helps O (bonus if O falls for sabe, Ani supports O but is afraid that
    if/when O's memory returns he will be conflickted between his love for
    sabe and his life as a Jedi) happy ending

3. anything involving Obi wan raising the twins 1 to begin with
    2 ending up with them , (both or one & and then both)
    Ani being redeemed and for bonus(involve Mara Jade as Obi wans daughter same age aprox as twins
    (with siri having given birth without his knowledge)

4. Obi/Ani (& the twins maybe perhaps even mara) references to Siri/Padme
    O and S fell in Love in the force apprentice books secret of the jedi
    (Jude Watson) they were 16
    Ani is aprox 16 yrs younger than Obi hmmm see where im going here? O & S
    never got to be together but what if the snook out at some time and "created"
    some memories to hold on to and Obi never knew Siri secretly gave birth to
    his son and asked a distant reletive (simi) to raise him?

(bonus) obi and siri DID hook up secretly a couple yrs before her death and
    Mara Jade is Obi's daughter and Ani's sister?

MMM
    (aka) Snow

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I found an excellent story on fanfiction.net's Harry Potter section called "A Cliche to Remember." It took all the horrible, fangirly, cliched, mischaracterized aspects of fanfiction and wrote them into a single, gutbusting story. I would love to see someone do the same with Star Wars.

22. Aggie

Aggie Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2008
    What if Zett Jukassa had survived operation Nightfall by making it out of the Jedi Temple alive? The young Jedi finds himself in danger along with Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi, but there is confusion about where the young boy should go. Finally, Yoda agrees to bring Jukassa with him.

Under the training Yoda gives him, Jukassa's skill in farsight becomes quite obvious. How does the character play into the saga when Luke comes knocking? Does Zett Jukassa help Luke Skywalker stop the Empire more quickly?

I just always thought it was interesting this scene was included in the films.

23. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    not sure if I posted this idea before or if anyone else has....

Take the remake of the movie "Father of the Bride" starring Steve Martin and use almost any male star wars character (Anakin, Han, Luke, Wedge) and make him go crazy over his daughter getting married. Bonus points if you use Luke and have him have a daughter named Anika (the daughter's name in the movie is "Annie" and Ani was Luke's father's nickname). Oh, and if you use Luke, Mara can NOT be DEAD. The daughter's name doesn't have to be Annie, though, if you do Luke.

24. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    This plot bunny was spawned by The 181st Imperial Discussion Group: I, Jedi (an in-depth discussion thread) in the Literature forum:
    ANH AU: Luke's torpedo explodes too soon, crippling the Death Star but not destroying it. While repairs are underway, a group of conscience-ridden Imperial officers (NCOs?) stage a successful coup and defect to the Rebellion, putting the fully functional Death Star in the Rebels' hands.
    - lazy

25. jaded_jewel

jaded_jewel Guest

Hey everyone. A reader here. I've always wondered what Luke and Mara would have done if Leia didn't approve of their engagement. Here what I'm looking for in the story if anyone wants to tackle it.

1. How do Luke and Mara tell the family
    2. What is the reactions of the family
    3. Since Leia dissapproves will they tell their close friends
    4. Why does Leia dissapprove
    5. Luke and Mara's reactions (example: will they consider eloping/having a very intimate wedding etc.)
    6. Luke and Leia at odds (usually I'm all for the happy brother/sister relationship but I want to see some angst)
    7. Multi-post
    8. Must stay L/M all throughout (they can have their arguments though as long as they stay together)

I will allow you guys to tackle it and you can take out and interpret the things above at will. For instance I'll let you decide if Luke and Leia make up etc. I'll trust you guys. Well there we go. I hope someone has fun tackling this project. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.