Resource The Plot Bunny Thread: Managed by Jade_Max.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by shanobi, Aug 26, 2002.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. darth-1984 Jedi Padawan

All right, here goes nothing:
    I have a plot bunny that's been bugging me for a while is a story about a woman, just an average rebel,and her life. the majority of the plot would center around said main character, tentatively named Alina.

Alina: A just out of school journalist who wrote a story critical of the Empire. With stormtroopers knocking down the door and a heavy dose of Idealism, Alina joined the alliance and founded the alliance news service. Slightly neuric, addictied to caf, and literate to an almost obscene degree.

I also pictured seeing some class struggles within the alliance; a coalition made up of everyone from Princesses to smugglers has to have some issues or tensions.

If you want to even touch this story, please PM me first.

2. Aiel Jedi Master

star 4
  3. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Force Ghost

star 3
    I had an idea but I'm not sure I can do it justice, so see if someone wants to run with it.

This has now been claimed.
  4. kaleb22 Jedi Padawan

Just got bitten by a bunny... or rather one has been nibbling for a while that i just remembered.

Everyone read LOTF: Invincible and followed the main plot. Then we all speculated about the jag/jaina relationship that might follow, as well as the fate of han and leia's new "daughter". I've been wondering about the ben/tahiri follow-up after the whole torture and attempted seduction thing. So my idea (which i can't write for myself due to work/time constraints) is a ben and tahiri fic post LOTF.

Hope someone else can make it work.
  5. brodiew Force Ghost

star 5
    We all know that Yoda is the coolest of Zen Jedi Masters. But, having been raised in the Jedi Temple, and adept in all kinds of technology, how did he adjust to a spartan life on Dagoba?

Write a fic about Yoda's first days in the swamp.
  6. Ubersue Jedi Knight

star 3
    Here bunny bunny bunny, I have a carrot for you...

I like this one! PM sent!
  7. leia_naberrie Jedi Master

star 4
  8. leia_naberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's an OT bunny that I've had for years and I'm giving up in the hopes that someone more talented and interested will do it justice: It's an AU version of the 1st movie. The attempt to rescue Leia fails and although Han, Leia and Chewie escape, Luke and Ben are captured by Tarkin and presented to the ruler of the Galactic Empire... Mara Jade. Mara Jade takes an interest in the two Jedi and using the threat of killing Luke, she makes Ben teach her more about the Force. Meanwhile, she finds other uses for Luke... How Palpatine and Vader died and Mara became Emperor, and Han, Leia and Chewie's struggles to rebuild the Alliance after the decimation of Yavin, and if Mara is eventually conquered or redeemed is up to the writer. I do have one request about Mara's origins but I'll only tell the bunny adopter by PM.

*crosses fingers and waits*
  9. MiralukaJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, here's another one if anyone is interested. It's a DN AU idea that I'm certain someone out there with the talent and push could do justice. What if at the time of the call sent out to the Myrkr strike team survivors, Jaina wasn't only married to Jag but already pregnant with their twins (either having just found out or nearing the due date, whatever works). Would she be able to resist the call or would she still be compelled to go? What would Jag do to protect his wife and children or would he end up following his other obligations instead?

Well, any takers?
    :D
  10. Darth_Sidious_1983 Force Ghost

star 1
    Here's a second plot bunny unrelated to the first ("Rule of One" - still not taken [face_worried] ), which is an AU version of TPM using elements of Labyrinth of Evil and following up on Cloak of Deception:

What if Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan managed to break through the blast doors and enter the bridge before the droidekas came along? They encounter Nute Gunray face to face and "persuade" him to stop the blockade and reveal his ties (the mechno-chair plus questioning time).

The two Jedi agree to protect Nute from retribution attempts by his former patron, and head to the Jedi Temple to discuss things with the Jedi Council and examine the captured mechno-chair further. Meanwhile, Jedi Council member Master Sifo-Dyas and his AU padawan Ronhar Kim approach Supreme Chancellor Valorum (in the middle of a conversation with Senator Palpatine himself on the end of the Naboo blockade) and suggest to him that all the senators be tested for their respective midi-chlorian counts.

Somehow, Senator Palpatine manages to persuade the two Jedi to hold off on suggesting the plan to the Jedi Council (perhaps they're close friends).

In distant areas of the Republic, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan obtain information from shady figures (just like in Labyrinth of Evil, but in different locations, such as Tatooine, thereby facilitating the encounter with Anakin Skywalker), but also from the Kaminoans (having an additional holotransceiver) in their efforts to create a clone army (an unknown senator's reaction to the "worrisome" militarization of the Trade Federation in Cloak of Deception, but determined by the Jedi to be Nute's very own ex-patron) leading the Jedi to The Works. An all-Jedi investigation team is assembled with Valorum's approval (because no clone troopers are available), including Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Sifo-Dyas, Ronhar Kim, Shaak Ti, and Mace Windu.

Upon arriving at the lower levels of 500 Republica from The Works, the investigation team encounters a Dark Lord of the Sith...

[Note to writer: This Sith Lord should be a lot deadlier, especially when using the Force against Sifo-Dyas and Ronhar Kim, than Darth Maul was in TPM.]
  11. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Here's one:

AU. Ben trains at the Jedi temple during the LOTF timeperiod in a YJK-like manner and befriends another Padawan named Corus Jade, who looks exactly like him, only with green eyes instead of blue. The two quickly figure out that they're cousins and get Mara to meet her long lost brother. Take it wherever you like from here, but I'd like to see some focus on Mara's early life.
  12. S1thari Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Hey guys - just something I've been wanting to do, and am currently attempting ever since The Shield season 7 began, and after watching all of the previous seasons before...

Set a couple dozen years before TPM, a young Jedi has just been Knighted and sent out to infiltrate the galaxy-wide Black Sun organization. Having lived such a sheltered life at the Temple until his Knighthood ceremony, he is thrust out into the galaxy and left to fend for himself, going under 'deep cover' to isolate the organization's top criminals and leaders.

Becoming increasingly susceptible to corruption while so determined to understand the complex inner-workings of the syndicate, the young Jedi is unable to work his way to the top undercover, as each Vigo has at least 4-5 levels of underlings to insulate themselves from ever coming close to being caught. Seeing the galaxy for what it really is in the outer rim worlds, the young Jedi becomes increasingly angry and bitter with the Republic, which seems to have neglected all of the impoverished worlds that make up the outlying sectors.

Eventually, he becomes fed up with protocol and is unable to go beyond th 3rd or 4th level of subordinates. Abandoning his contingency plan, he goes straight at the Vigo running a particular sector and offers to provide him 'Jedi protection' from Rep Intel and all other authorities in exchange for . . . (this is the only part I'm having trouble with. Would a Jedi want money? It doesn't sound viable.) The only thing I can come up with is that the Jedi wants to leave the Order, but wants to be able to abandon comfortably, and doesn't want to do all the nitty-gritty soldier work, peddling spice and whatnot to attain it. In exchange for his protection, the Vigo will pay him and provide him with a home on a secluded world where neither the Jedi or the Republic can ever find him.

But, as always, the agreement does not go as planned. The Vigo, seeing his opportunity and sensing that the Jedi is weak, somehow blackmails or traps him into some sort of permanent service. The story then becomes a desperate fight for the Jedi to eliminate the Vigo without bringing the entire organization down on him - as they all know him now to be a Jedi, and all know his real name. Unwilling to come clean with the Jedi and the Republic and unwilling to go back to that way of life no matter what the cost, the Jedi sinks deeper and deeper into the depths of despair, drawing on his anger and fear to get him through each day, constantly searching out ways to get himself out of his predicament. Now, not only has he abandon the Jedi Order and the Republic, he fears that if he attempts to take out the Vigo, he'll be forced to look over his shoulder for the remainder of his life.

The stoy's conclusion could have 2 possible endings; either he allows the darkness to finally overcome him and kills the Vigo, he is forced to live a life on the run, never being completely comfortable and growing increasingly paranoid. Or, he could somehow come clean with the Jedi and himself, find redemption and continue to serve the Jedi.

I personally like the first one, but it's up to you. Anyone who likes the detective/investigative aspects of Star Wars, like Coruscant Nights 2, or Cloak of Deception, would be good at writing this particular story. I have an annoying habit of starting out with a strong story, only to get bored with it and begin a new one. I would like to see this one through, but perhaps someone else with more experience at writing and posting fanfics can do it some justice...
  13. jacen200015 Force Ghost

star 4
    What if Qui-Gon survived Naboo but Obi-Wan still trains Anakin. Then by AOTC Obi-Wan is killed by Sidious' apprentice and Dooku (still a Jedi) takes over Anakin's training and Qui-Gon goes to hunt down Obi-Wan's killer.
  14. rabbit_eye_movement Jedi Padawan

Hi! I'm new here, but as I lately feel like my bunnies will over-run and kill me slowly and painfully, I thought maybe I could share. Don't have enough time for writing myself anyhow.

1. JA-era or TPM Au, you decide, but Qui Gon is very much alive and Obi Wan's master. Obi now gets changed into a girl (I'm sure she's damn pretty), either through an accident or because of an undercover-mission. The problem is, how will he change back? There's quite a bit humor to get out of this.

2. I know, initiates already learn how to handle space-ships and such, but pretend they don't. Who's gonna teach Obi Wan? Yoda? Qui Gon? Perhaps this also results in his aversion to flying. One never knows what happens during driving lessons....

Well, that's it for now. I've never come across these two scenarios, but if some one has already had the same idea before I apologize in advance.

Now, hope someone likes my babies, I'd love to see them written.
  15. furrylittlebantha Force Ghost

star 3
    Here's some light fluffy subject material. In the past year there has been political and public focus on sexual harassment in our military. I'm sure you're all familiar with the disturbing statistics. Why would the Alliance be free of these problems? This would be especially true since high turnover, illegal status and lack of funding would make a rigid organizational structure almost impossible to achieve. In a loosely disciplined environment, it would be easier to be taken advantage of and harder to seek help. How would an originally idealistic recruit deal with being victimized and then sidelined? Would she speak out and try to create a healthier environment? Would she withdraw, becoming bitter and cynical about the cause they fought for? Would it make her seek out the Empire with its safety net of uncompromising protocol?
  16. imperial_Warlord5 Force Ghost

star 1
    i posted this elsewhere and was directed here so, here goes

idea was this, the force created ankain skywalker why? how bad would it have been if the skywalker family didnt exsist, no chosen one , no luke to blow up the death star etc

ive read fics where he never became a jedi,etc but never what would happen if he was never born.

so what do u think?
  17. rabbit_eye_movement Jedi Padawan

Okay this is an idea for everyone. No matter what character you prefer.

I'm sure most of you have already heard about Tarot cards, yea? Well, they originated (supposedly) in the ancient Egypt, where a young man had to pass specific trials to become a priest. So, not that different from the Jedi, right? And I think also the Sith have some kind of "way" layed out for their students. Or the cards in their specific order could resemble the path a normal person takes (symbollically).

Now, here is my challange, if you want to call it that. 22 cards, 22 stories or chapters. Or if you want to, pick out only some cards. Anyway you like.

Here are the cards:

1.The Fool 2.The Magician 3.The High Priestess 4.The Empress
    5.The Emperor 6.The Hierophant 7.The Lovers 8.The Chariot 9.Strength
    10.The Hermit 11.The Wheel 12.Justice 13.The Hanged Man 14.Death
    15.Temperance 16.The Devil 17.The Tower 18.The Star 19.The Moon
    20.The Sun 21.Judgement 22.The World

Have fun!
  18. imperial_Warlord5 Force Ghost

star 1
    heres another idea - without the light

set more like a prelude to my idea and let u fill in what happned
    or happens after.

no one knows what happned at endor the rebellion won the death star destroyed
    the sith emperor and his enforcer dead,the imperial fleet fleeing in defeat and yet in the galaxy moment of victory, somthing happned no one knows what, the rebel alliance its leaders,it fleet its heroes like luke skywalker vanished, they never left endor never began taking worlds for a new republic. a galaxy was left in chaos
    only the darkness, a galaxy without the light.

theres the idea can u make a plot from this short prelude
  19. Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Just wanted to say that I have adopted DarkJediLeia's plotbunny (with DJL's permission), listed as follows:

1. What if Darth Sidious was not Palpatine, but was actually Padme? Padme is Darth Sidious and she marrys Anakin because she recognizes his power and wants him to give her powerful children to raise as Sith. How would Anakin react if she were the greatest threat? Would he kill her or join her in the darkness?

Can't wait to start writing on this!
  20. SithGirl132 Force Ghost

star 4
    I am taking this one- as a tarot card reader, it's too good to pass up.

edit: I have started posting this: The Way of the Sith
  21. MiralukaJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's one I just thought up and anyone who wants it should have lots of fun with it. An AU of the OT, assuming that the prophecy of the Chosen One is fulfilled, ect. and the Jedi survive ROTS. Basically, what would happen with the gathering of new initiates into the Order (perhaps seen from the perspective of members of canon's founding class of the Jedi Praxeum on Yavin IV and the Skywalker twins~ who may or may not know of their heritage, up to you) and what would happen to them from there?

I see this going pretty far too:
    1. Would they get along as children and what would their childhoods be like?
    2. Who would take them on as apprentices?
    3. Would there be some of them that wouldn't make the cut?

Anyways, PM me if you like it and good luck to who ever takes it.
  22. imperial_Warlord5 Force Ghost

star 1
    heres another crazy plot idea

battle endor is over the emperor is dead the death star destroyed
    but anakin skywalker was not redemed to the light and is still vader and has taken over
    the empire through brute force,
    can vader not only keep the empire from splinting into civil war but turn his children to the darkside and crush all resistence to his rule?

what u think ?
  23. Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  24. Lilith Demodae Force Ghost

star 4
    I've been trying to do this idea justice, but I haven't found the right approach, or maybe the right timing for it. So I'll toss it out here and see if one of you can make better progress than I have.

The Crimson Guard. The Emperor's elite bodyguards. They're totally loyal, right? But what if one of them had been from Alderaan?

25. MiralukaJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I've been trying to get in contact with one user to adopt their plot bunny but cann't seem to do so. So, I'm trying this route to express my interest in this specific Saga bunny. It would be great if I could do so, but if not that's fine too. Anyways, here's the details....

Bunnies posted by female_obi_wan

Bunny 1: AOTC,instead of Obi and Ani protecting Padme,Siri and Ferus are sent instead. Ferus and Padme fall in love. Throw Anakin into the mix and you've got an instant story.

Thanks,

MJ
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade