Resource The Plot Bunny Thread: Managed by Jade_Max.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by shanobi, Aug 26, 2002.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. DARTH_MU Force Ghost

star 4
    This is a slow week, and I guess this is the only thread appropriate.

Does anyone ship Luke/Abeloth?
    VanishingReality likes this.
  2. Ange_Dechu Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, I suppose Abeloth could have an attraction for Luke.
  3. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    I sort of did indirectly in my fic
    The Prisoner

It implies that at one time in the future they knocked boots. But I don't think that is what you are looking for.
  4. neosildrake Jedi Padawan

Ok, after over a year of not posting anything, because I simply was too occupied with real life, I gathered some small bunnies again.

In a world where one?s status is measured in midi-chlorians, young Obi-Wan Kenobi, once a promissing member of the upper class, is thrown out of his home, when an accident leaves him ?forceblind?. Thrust into the Coruscanti underground, he learns to survive and grow and finds a connection with the force, more unique and powerfull than the ?Enlightened? could ever have imagined. And as his light grows and shines more brilliant with every passing day, so fall the shadows deeper and darker on those who abandoned their duty to the universe and the force for the sake of power and money.

In a world where force-powers are seen as unatural and dangerous, those with these powers live hidden. Split in two fractions, the Dark Brotherhood with their leaders, the Sith, who want the superior rule of the force sensitives over the rest of the galaxy and the Order of Light with their leaders, the Jedi, who have dedicated their life to serve the force and strife for equality and unity between force sensitives and non-force sensitives, the force users fight their own battles always trying to stay hidden from the gouvernment and their droid-army-police, who gladly wants to whipe out both. (Kind of like it is with the Marvel fractions of Magnetos brotherhood and Xaviors X-Men and their subsequent allies.)

Yoda comes to the conclusion that the Jedi have lost their connection with the rest of the universe. Their aloofness has turned them unapprochable and both revered and feared. He decides that the only way to drive out the approaching darkness is to bond again with the rest of the population of the republic. But how to do? What plans will the shrewd meddling grandmaster devise to fullfill this goal?
    ?Day of the open temple?
    ?Rent a Jedi?
    ?Jedi Temple talent show? (only non-force related talents allowed)
    ?The true life of the Jedi ? documentation?
    ?The official Jedi Calendar? (male and female version / Knight-Master / Padawan version)
    ?Force appreciation week? ? spend one week without the use of any forcepowers or forceconnection (as long as your not on duty)
    ?The official ?Jedi-Show? ? who?s the best, most honored, most powerfull, most handsome/beautiful, best dressed usw.
    Whatever you can think of it ? Yoda tries to implement as long as it isn?t amoral or illegal. And of course Knight/Master Obi-Wan Kenobi has to play a vital part.

Over the years as Qui-Gons padawan and as master to Anakin, Obi-Wan has learnt tons of things that seem to be quite useless. Even if it was only to keep himself occupied during the time in the healer wing and when recovering at the temple. However, at one point or another they save his, Anakins and their companions life.
    Quilting, Glass blowing, yodling, hairdressing, competive dancing usw.
    Imagine the possibly most useless gifts/abilities a Jedi could have and make them actually vital and important for a situation that seems hopeless.

---
    Ok, that's for now.
    CU, have fun and smile,
    neosildake
  5. walker_of_minds Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Here is an idea for the taking and could be a challenge idea as well. I call it fast/slow. Write a fic L/M, H/L any pairings will do really about something anthing that happens within the fic that is ocurs fast then rewrite the fic so that whatever occurring in the first fic is now done slowed down. So there are two version, one fast, one slow. Have fun.
  6. Anakins_Kiss Force Ghost

star 3
    haven't posted here in years...Ok I have a good one. Or at least I think its a good one.

If you're into comedy...perhaps a dark comedy, try doing a crossover with the TV show "Married with Children."
    Al = Anakin
    Peggy = Padme
    Bud = Luke
    Kelly = Leia

I think it would be funny as hell. So if you take this one, please PM me. I would LOVE to read it.
  7. Anakins_Kiss Force Ghost

star 3
    I got one more for a vignette...

What was Yoda thinking in those moments before he revealed his presence to Luke. He was obviously sitting there for a while watching Luke. So he had to be amazed at the hope Luke represented for the Jedi.
    Jedi_Lover likes this.
  8. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    Quiet Thread so far... but I love the ideas that are coming out even if I dare not adopt anything.

A plot bunny of my own to drop off:

In TCW we hear Obi-Wan admit to Duchess Satine that, had she asked, he'd have left the Jedi order for her. What if she -had- asked... or did now?

9. jacen200015 Force Ghost

star 4
    What if Anakin had come to his senses in the tenth Jedi Quest book and took the bolts that had taken Darra's life instead?
  10. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    A word from your thread Master ;)

So... this thread has turned into one ginormous list and I doubt anyone actually reads from the beginning anymore because of the size. I'm thinking about rearranging the format of the thread and turning it into a "by the year" plot bunny thread. Locks and indexed at the end of the year to make things easier to find.

So... starting in January 2013, I will be asking the Mods to lock *this* thread and starting a new one for the new year; I will keep in reserve and use the last few posts of this thread, before it is locked, spaces where I can order them as per the years they were submitted. I will only be doing [at most] 2010, 2011 and 2012, however, because most others were indexed in the master indexes at the start of the thread.

That is all.
    mavjade likes this.
  11. neosildrake Jedi Padawan

New plot bunnies! However, I cannot be sure that there not already stories in existance with similar plots. That is mainly because the fandom including ffs is so big that I tend to loose track of it, especially when away for a while on real-life-business. So, if you find there are already stories with that plot out there be assured that I did not steal the idea and please post a link to the story if possible.

Obi-Wan never became a Padawan and was left on Bandomeer. However, the first night at the agri corps brings forth a dream where he witnessess the birth of a baby boy on Tattooine. Every night from that day on he dreams of that boy and his life and soon learns that the boy can see and hear him too. They build an unique bond where Obi-Wan not only turns into Anakins teacher, but unknowingly also into his Jedi Master, developing a Master-Padawan bond without noticing it. Anakins life and thirst for knowledge forces Obi-Wan to learn more as well so he kind of becomes a self learnt Jedi. When nine years later Jedi Masters Dooku and Jinn land on Tattooine, they find an already quite well trained nine year old with a bond that stretches thousands of parsecs. When the Council learns of that they try to sever the bond, so Anakin can have a proper Master. However they fail and so:
    a) Obi-Wan returns to the temple, is tested and run through the trials all in a mtter of a week, because Yoda has forseen the destruction of the Jedi, should Obi-Wan not train Anakin.
    b) Anakin runs away from the temple, while Obi-Wan runs from Bandomeer. They both met at a rendevouz point and start they adventures together as a team, approved and supported by the force they set out on a new life and become Legends.

Because she wanted to bring her husband to his senses, Padme went to Mustafar. Obi-Wan hid himself on the ship. Unfortunatelly things turn ugly when Padme is kidnapped by the remaining Seperatist leaders to use as hostage. Anakin grudgingly accepts Obi-Wans help in the rescue of his wife. What will happen afterwards?

Palpatine is the Sith Lord, but he’s a troubled one. He has found that he enjoys how the people of the Republic look at him with respect and admirating and, yes, even with love. He also found out something that he didn’t even knew possible, he found out that he’s a father and a grandfather and will probably soon be a greatgrandfather. Deeply immersed in the dark side, for the first time he yearns for the light. He wants this family, especially since his son is no other than Obi-Wan Kenobi and his grandson Anakin Skywalker. He was shocked when he found out from Anakin, who found out by accident, when some medic files were re-evaluated.
    And now Anakin is about to become a father himself, making him a grandfather. Somehow killing Obi-Wan Kenobi isn’t an option anymore and for some reason he finds himself increasingly reluctant to go through with his plan to destroy the Jedi and the Republic. The problem is that this war has taken on a life of it’s own and he cannot stop it on his own, for what is he supposed to do? Reveal himself as the Sithlord and order the Seperatists to step down? Fat chance with that. Grievous would never surrender and the other leaders would feel betrayed and fight even stronger. Not to mention he would find himself fast dismissed from office and at saberpoint unless he declares himself Emperor. But that would only be able with the destruction of the Jedi, which inturn would mean destroying his son and family. So not an option anymore. All he now can do is guide and scheme behind the curtains and try to outplay himself on the staged board he had set up years ago.

Obi-Wan and Bruck (maybe others as well) were not chosen as padawans and shipped off to the AgriCorps. The ship was attacked by pirates and the teens were taken as slaves. However, they manage to escape the slave-market and flee. They know they cannot return to the temple because they would be send off again. However, their ship was damaged during their escape and instead of jumping to Alderaan, they end up in the Deep Core near Tython. There their ship breaks down.

I have a bunch more and I'll post them soon.

CU, have fun and smile
    neosildrake
  12. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    @neosildrake - Great stuff! Hopefully you can find someone to adopt them; looking forward to the rest :)
  13. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    1. After Anakin Solo is killed in Star By Star he is flung back in time to ROTS and has to stop his Grandfather from falling to the Dark Side. Could be during the battle of Coruscant or when Anakin is accepted on the Council or anywhere in the early parts of ROTS really. Or could be Jaina and Jacen post NJO era that go back.
    2. Post FOTJ Han Solo is flung back in time to the start of the NJO and attempts to fix everything that has happened.
    3. Anakin and Obi-Wan hear a rumor about violent spirits on a planet during the Clone Wars and go to investigate. The spirits are the manifestations of the Yuuzhan Vong Gods and they warn Obi-Wan and Anakin about the Chancellor and the future through the impending invasion and that they have to stop it.
  14. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    Hmmm...

@Force Smuggler - the first of your ideas reminds me of a fic I read here on the boards ages ago; it was the story of Anakin's ghost being thrown back in time after his death to try and 'fix' everything.... I'll have to see if I can dig up the link. Not quite what you had in mind, but there is quite a bit of fiction on the site about the Solo children going back to the movie era to try and 'correct' things. If you look in the "looking for fics" thread and ask there, they might be able to find you some stories that follow that story line.
  15. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    Well the vast majority of the stories I've read (granted I've not been here that long and some of those stories are on FFN) usually have Luke or Leia going back. I've read one or two where everyone goes back after the YV war but not one where Anakin by himself goes back. So I was just wondering if someone could make a Anakin goes back story.
  16. smuggler_vola Jedi Master

star 1
    Clone Wars plot bunny that wouldn't leave me alone: Darth Maul wants revenge on Obi-Wan Kenobi...what better way than with his precious Padawan?

If I don't drop off these random plot bunnies somewhere, they will keep attacking me. It does give me something to do when I'm bored, though...
  17. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    Here's one that I don't think has ever been done.

In ANH: Obi-wan Kenobi explains to Luke what really happened to his father. That he had been betrayed and murdered by his student, Darth Vader.

In ESB: We learn from Palpatine that the son of Skywalker is a threat and must be destroyed. Then we learn that Vader is Luke's father.

In ROTJ: Obi-wan "admits" from a certain pov that Vader did kill Anakin when Anakin fell to the Darkside.

Using Obi-wan's excuse for twisting the truth: What if there was an Anakin Skywalker and a Darth Vader? What if Luke "is" Vader's son but carries the Skywalker name because he was born to Anakin's wife? What if Vader betrayed and murdered Anakin over Padme?

Think about it, why in the name of the Force would Palpatine order Anakin to kill his own son unless he believes Anakin and Vader to be two different people?

From a certain point of view, this is a very plausible scenario for the prequels.

*waves hand in front of everyone* You will feed this bunny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    spycoder9 likes this.
  18. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    Going through old plot bunnies, I found one that I kinda sorta wrote inadvertently - crazy!

@Juliet316 - you posted the following Bunny on June 20, 2007: What if while either Anakin was missing or on a mission, Padme's pregnancy was exposed and the media jumped all over it? How would Padme handle the speculation over who the father was (since only she knows it's Anakin's), and/or potentially being called loose as she's not officially married to anybody?

I wrote a series called "Disgrace and Slander" with that very theme, though it's told from Anakin's limited perspective and his reaction to the media storm; my apologies for not asking to borrow the bunny first ;)
    Juliet316 and VanishingReality like this.
  19. laloga Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Bunny up for adoption:

Captain Rex goes...dark. What would make him turn "dark," so to speak? As such an upstanding, honorable man, what would drive him to be cruel or thoughtless, or (gasp!) EVIL?

I'm making it sound silly. But it's something that I was thinking about today. I think Umbara is a huge turning point for Rex, and while I want to believe that his character will remain in the light, there's always the possibility that he could veer towards the darkness.
    Jade_Max likes this.
  20. JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost

star 4
    Does anyone still come in here? This one is a great thread for writers, new and old, to get some ideas for stories as well as dole out those crazy bunnies for the rest of us to catch. Plus, it's largely intact. Not too many posts that are affected by the truncation issue. :) For me, I found one.

It will require some major tweaking of the timeline, but it sounds like a fun one to write. :)
    Last edited by JediMaster_Jen, Aug 17, 2013
  21. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7

Sorry for the late reply, really had thought I responded earlier. I actually did read this one and I really loved it, thank you.
  22. Sirithromeniel Jedi Youngling

Ok, I have a lot, and I'll probably end up posting all of them eventually, but I'll just start with this little new one, shall I?

There are a ton of 'alternate Chosen One' stories (usually with Obi-Wan as the alternate, but sometimes with The Team, and I think I may even have seen some with Padme or Qui-Gon...), and they can be thoroughly enjoyable, but one take I have yet to see and would like is: Obi-Wan is the Chosen One, but doesn't know it. Anakin, however, does, and actively works to keep his Master ignorant of the fact while watching his back. You could make this an alternate interpretation of the canon a la https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2564881/1/, or you could make it completely AU. All I'd really ask is that Anakin not automatically be a jerk. He may not be my favorite character, but he can be a good one and I've noticed that in these stories he often gets shafted without a good reason. Think about it, he turned to protect someone he loved. I think it would be in character for him to try to take some of the nastier work if it means looking out for someone he cares for, who he believes they can't afford to lose (no matter the fact that nothing would hurt Obi-Wan more than losing Anakin).

Umm, unfortunately, that still counts as little.

tl;dr: A 'Chosen Wan' story where Anakin knows, Obi-Wan doesn't, and Anakin is a decent person working to protect his brother.
  23. Cushing's Admirer Force Ghost

star 6
    A humour fic where a semi-sapient or sapient winged felid kitten gives Tarkin headaches. I like Tarkin and animals. I'd like someone not make Tarkin a monster for once. :)
  24. VanishingReality Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    From what little I know of Abeloth I ship this a thousand percent
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade