main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Plot of Fulfillment (J/TK Romance, evil Hapan Plots, DN AU) Survey up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darkwriter, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    Title: The Plot of Fulfillment
    Author: Darkwriter
    Timeframe: Five years post-NJO. It goes in place of the Dark Nest Trilogy.
    Characters: Jacen Solo, Tenel Ka, Delorr Gardenia, and the Hapan Royal Family (the Solos and Skywalkers make appearances).
    Genre: Romance
    Keywords: J/TK, Hapan plots, Tenel Ka?s evil aunts
    Summary: Jacen comes back to the divided Jedi Academy after five years of searching for answers, and Jaina decides to stir up trouble, sending him to Hapes. Meanwhile, Tenel Ka is handling her aunts . . .
    Notes: This is my first fic, so bear with me. If anybody has any questions concerning plot, characterizations, or timing, please ask. Suggestions are welcome. Let me know if you want me to PM you. I plan to be done by the end of the summer, hopefully. Enjoy!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

STARRING

Jedi Knight Jacen Solo

Queen Mother Tenel Ka Chume'la Djo of the Hapes Cluster

Delorr Gardenia of the Hapan Royal Guard

Ta?a Chume, former Queen Mother of the Hapes Cluster

ALSO APPEARING

Jedi Knight Jaina Solo of the Jedi Order

Colonel Jagged Fel of the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances

Chelik of the House of Chume

Alyssia of the House of Chume

Nethara of the House of Aleson

Edal of the House of Chume

Dreokle, Suitor to the Queen Mother of Hapes

(Duch?da) Captain Dukat Aleson Gray of the Hapan Royal Navy

Lady Glendal Algray of the House of Gray

FEATURING

Captain Han Solo of the Millennium Falcon

Princess Leia Organa Solo of the Millennium Falcon

Jedi Master Luke Skywalker of the Jedi Order

Jedi Master Mara Jade Skywalker of the Jedi Order.

Ben Skywalker

Prince Isolder of the Hapes Cluster

Prologue

Aboard the Millennium Flacon, Han Solo settled back in the pilot seat, staring out at space. ?Five years is too long, Leia.?

?I know,? Leia said. She was sitting in the copilot?s seat, hands in her lap, gray-streaked brown hair falling to her shoulders. ?But it?s his life, Han. His choice.?

Han sighed. He had been getting that response from her a lot lately. ?Couldn?t he at least send a holo transmission?? he asked. ?You know, a little, ?Hi Mom and Dad! This is me with the Fallanassi.??

Leia covered her mouth. ?At least you can joke about it.?

Han looked out at space again, wondering which star his son circled. After the war with the Yuuzahn Vong, Jacen had left on his own journey of self-discovery, with no indication of when he might return. Jaina, Jacen?s twin sister, had tried to explain to Han what Jacen was really looking for had more to do with the Force than himself.

?He?s looking for answers, Dad. He?s learning,? she had said.

Of course, as always, Han hadn?t understood. Jacen was a difficult person to comprehend?especially with all his Force talk. Han wasn?t even sure Jacen understood himself sometimes.

?I miss him, too,? Leia murmured. ?But he?ll come back to us. You?ll see.?

?Then what?? Han asked. ?What happens when he comes back? Will he settle down? Join the Jedi Order? Go out for the Smuggler?s Alliance??

?Han,? Leia warned.

?Hey,? Han grinned sheepishly. ?You never know.?

?I suppose he?ll teach us what he?s learned,? Leia mused. ?No matter what, I?m proud of him.?

?Me, too.?

Han reached for Leia?s hand and gave it a tight squeeze?and that was when See Threepio waddled into the cockpit, protesting, ?Captain Solo!?

2. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    woohoo!!!! i'm sooo happy to see this up!!!!!

?Hi Mom and Dad! This is me with the Fallanassi.??
    man i love Han and his attitude!!!!

Go out for the Smuggler?s Alliance??
    [face_laugh] you're already giving me plot bunnies!!!! now that would make a good fic...Jacen: Jedi Knight turned Smuggler...running around the galaxy apprenticed to Karrde!!!

?Captain Solo!?
    and there's Threepio to ruin it!:rolleyes: ;)

great work!

can't wait for more...oh wait it's my fault there's no more![face_blush] :p

meg

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Finally someones writes a Hapan fic with canon characters instead of lousy, cheesy-looking OC's (no offense to OC people, just that my taste drifts toward canon)!

4. magehound

magehound Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2006
    *looks at his cheesy OC Hapen character, happily married to Tenel Ka. :_|

Anyway, this is a great start! You really captured the feel of things just right for all of them, and it sounds like it's only going to get better and better. :D

5. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    mage, you're an exception. It's just that as a reviewer for the old CRPA, I read hundreds of attempts at TK/OC that fail to mention some of the canon characters from NJO, YJK, and DN. Besides, J/TK fans are probably going to pillow me to death for this one, but I actually 'ship Dukat/TK and occasionally get jealous of all of the OCs.

6. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    nah, i was only joking Sil. :D
    and no, i won't pillow ya for that.

i can't.

i don't have a pillow handy. no, but as long as TK's happy, don't matter to me really..ok, i lie. J/TK all the way! *runs to grab pillow.

we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

7. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Meg: man i love Han and his attitude!!!! I'm glad. Han's attitude is one of the best things about Star Wars.
    you're already giving me plot bunnies!!!! now that would make a good fic...Jacen: Jedi Knight turned Smuggler...running around the galaxy apprenticed to Karrde!!! LOL
    and there's Threepio to ruin it! Yes, I thought an outburst from Threepio was apprropriate.
    I'm so glad you like it!

SilSolo: I tend to drift toward canon, too. But I warn you: there is ONE OC Hapan (man) in this that becomes a main character. I'm glad you approve!

Mage: I'm glad you like it so far.
    You really captured the feel of things just right for all of them,Thank you! Han and Leia are important characters to capture.
    and it sounds like it's only going to get better and better. I sincerely hope so! I'll do my best to try!

Thank you all for reading!

8. Jedi_Kassandra

Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    This is really good! You've got me hooked on it already and I'm waiting to read more!

9. tahirri_and_Anakin

tahirri_and_Anakin Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2006
    I like=D= hope to read more

10. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Jedi_Kassandra: Thank you! It's good to know I can write a hooking first scene. I hope you like the rest just as much.

tahirri_and_Anakin: I'm glad you like it. Here's more!

I forgot to put the on the disclaimer, so here it is: I own nothing. Star Wars belongs to George Lucas. Even the circumstances upon which this story was created is not mine. And Hapes has been born from the mind of Dave Wolverton.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter One

As his Kooensayer Starskiff hovered above the Ossus Jedi Training Academy, Jacen Solo repeated the steps of his calming meditation one more time. Seeing his family, after five years of no communication, was wracking his nerves.

?Unidentified skiff, please state you name and purpose,? ordered the telecommunications advisor.

Jacen paused and wondered if he should include his title as a Jedi Knight?or if it was even still applicable. Shrugging, he decided the fact didn't matter; he would still be recognized.

?This is Jacen Solo. I've come to speak with Master Skywalker.?

There was a pause. ?Please direct your craft to Sublanding 2B.?

Jacen turned his skiff to Area B, identified Landing B, and within that he found Sublanding 2B. He saw a lone figure waiting in the Sublanding field, cape twirling in the wind. His heart delighted as he recognized the Force signature: Luke Skywalker.

In his excitement, he ran down the still-moving hatch and bounded into Luke?s open embrace. Luke pulled Jacen back.

?Jacen!? he exclaimed. ?Miss us??

Jacen nodded vigorously, studying his uncle. Luke still had a very boyish look about him, although his color was fading, and Jacen didn't think he had ever seen a wiser man. ?Though the experience was incredible,? Jacen said, ?I don't advise a life of hermitage.?

Luke laughed. ?Come. Mara and Ben are here, as is Jaina, but your parents are currently on a reconnaissance mission.?

?I see.?

As Luke guided him through the Jedi Academy?s gardens, Jacen noted every detail manageable. The walking path had been created in such a way that there was no direct path to a single destination and, visitors and Jedi alike were forced to slow down to look at nature around them. Benches sat at perfectly planned crossways, allowing visitors to sit and simply smell the Ossian air; meditation stones lay built into the underbrush for Jedi who needed to escape the noise of the academy.

The Theran Listeners used the technique, Jacen knew. Humans had a nasty habit of rushing through life, demanding more industrial institutions to cloud the air. The path Luke and Jacen walked had obviously been designed to demonstrate the need for a slower pace.

?What do you think?? Luke asked, interrupting Jacen?s thoughts.

?It?s serene,? Jacen said, his gaze drifting up to the trees. He frowned as he realized he couldn't see the sky. "It also shows superiority, though most people won't realize it. I'm impressed.?

Luke nodded, smiling, and ushered Jacen into the stone academy. They were in the back lobby to the academy, but Mara appeared at once, greeting Jacen with a warm smile and a hug, Ben at her side.

She embraced Jacen and whispered in his ear, ?Welcome home, Jacen.?

?It?s good to be home, Aunt Mara.?

It was only a figure of speech. Luke and Mara didn't mean that the Jedi Academy would become his home?he had moved around enough with his family and his own travels to know that he would never truly have a home. In any case, Jacen could sense that Ossus had very much become a home for the Skywalkers and their son.

Jacen knelt to his cousin?s level. Ben had to be about eight now. His hair was vibrantly Mara?s color, although the cut so obviously resembled Luke?s. He also had inherited his father?s vivid blue eyes.

Ben shifted nervously, as if unsure of what to do.

?Hello, Ben,? Jacen said. ?I'm your cousin, Jacen.?

?I know,? Ben said, seeming more comfortable. ?You went away when I was two. Did y

11. SephirothsKiller

SephirothsKiller Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    I like this, but no guy would ever sit down with his sister and say: "So tell me about Jag." Just wouldn't happen.

Keep it up.

12. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Sorry. I'm not a guy. Don't worry: Jacen will be doing PLENTY of guy-ish things in the future. Trust me.

Thanks for reading!

13. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Heads up: I added two names to the Character List (Edal of the House of Chume and Dreokle, Suitor to the Queen Mother of Hapes).

Also, my beta says I'm getting Chapter Two back soon, so it should be up later tonight.

Thanks for reading!

14. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    ?You went away when I was two. Did you find it??
    i love how insightful Ben is, even at a young age!

?You and I?? Jacen grinned. ?So nice of you to tell me.?
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] when i first read this i couldn't stop laughing...just hilarious, it's my new fav line!

Jacen swallowed a mouthful of hair.
    hehehe

Jacen nudged her. ?Like you are when you wake up.?
    so true so true!!!!

i love the conversation between the twins...about how they're not meant to be alone...very insightful...while i don't have a twin, my sister who is only two years apart from me, is my best friend and now that she's moved i find there's a whole where she was...and i needed someone to fill it!

?It?s telling me you?re up to something.? He paused, warning alarms going off in his head. ?Oh, no. Jaina, please tell me you didn't pull a Han Solo.?
    [face_laugh]

Jacen grinned. Jaina had given him a place to go.
    woohoo can't wait for their reunion!!!!!

and the convo with the masters...:rolleyes: that's ridiculous and i'd have to agree with Jace, CHAOS!!!!!

great update

can't wait for more:p

meg

edit: just put the best lines in my sig!!!!! *hopes that Darkwriter won't use her evil force powers on me*[face_beatup] [face_praying] :p

15. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Meg: First of all I have to say how happy you make me when you reply. I love seeing exactly what lines made you jump up and down.
    i love how insightful Ben is, even at a young age! I actually got this out of TJK book. Obviously, I had to use Ben's reaction of seeing Jacen again, and I really thought I could use it to propell my story forward . . . later. You'll be seeing more of these.
    when i first read this i couldn't stop laughing...just hilarious, Again, it makes me happy to make you laugh. I'm glad you liked it!
    love the conversation between the twins...about how they're not meant to be alone...very insightful Thank you! I've been thinking about this pretty hard lately, but the people on starwars.com don't seem to appreciate my insight. This is my revenge.
    and the convo with the masters... that's ridiculous and i'd have to agree with Jace, CHAOS!!!!! Heh, heh.:cool: I wanted to show that Jacen was disappointed with the Jedi Order and how stupid Kyp and Corran can really be. So, going back to my "Importance of Being Earnest" days, I use food to display this.
    just put the best lines in my sig!!!!! *hopes that Darkwriter won't use her evil force powers on me* Don't worry, you're just boosting my ego! Every time I look at your sig, I can say: "That's from MY story!"

This next scene will involve the Hapans, so here are the pronounciations from some of their names:
    Nethara: neh-THAH-rah (the ara is pronounced like it is in Mara)
    Edal: EE-dahl
    Kr'nae: I don't care. I say it Kreh-NAY
    Dreokle: He's not my character, so I don't really dictate his pronouciation.
    Delorr Gardenia: Deh-LOR (as in core) Garden-ia (just sound it out)

Chapter Two is up next!

16. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    DISCLAIMER: I do not, sadly, own Hapes. The OC characters created by me are born from Dave Wolverton and Elaine Cunningham's minds. Star Wars does not, alas, belong to me.

Chapter Two

It had been seven years since Tenel Ka accepted the Hapan throne, and she still detested the crown. Ironically, it sat atop her head, caging her like an animal. It restricted her freedom and passion. But evil as it seemed, the jewel protected her politicians, assassins, and most deadly of all, her aunts.

And even after seven years, Tenel Ka still first and foremost held the place of a warrior and a Jedi Knight. While her loyalty was with the people of Hapes, her heart lay with the Jedi Order. After all, Master Skywalker had never manipulated Tenel Ka into a mission, Lowbacca had not befriended her for personal gain, and Jacen had not?

Tenel Ka squeezed her eyes shut; she still hurt when she thought of him.

Jacen had not cut off her arm seeking political power. He had not loved her to make a name for himself. He had not loved her for his family?s honor.

None of that mattered anymore, anyway. None of that existed anymore. Tenel Ka sighed and admitted once more that her place in the Jedi Order was as gone as Jacen.

Tenel Ka collected her thoughts and prepared to enter the grove where her aunts waited.

Chelik and Alyssia, Isolder?s cousins, sat on either side of Tenel Ka?s gray bench, their features sharp and unforgiving. Tenel Ka suppressed a sigh and sat between them, facing her other cousins.

She was direct and to the point. ?I suppose you?ve called me here today to discuss potential consorts for the queen mother.?

The women had grown accustomed to Tenel Ka?s blunt nature, so no one seemed surprised. Nethara, a dark-haired sixth cousin, was ready with a statement.

?Your Majesty,? she began. ?In the history of the Hapes Cluster, every Queen Mother has been married and with child before she turned twenty. We are concerned because you have accomplished neither, yet you are halfway through your twenty-fifth year.?

Tenel Ka was already aware that she was not following the guidelines of the queen mothers before her, but she said nothing and let Nethara speak. She knew if she dismissed her cousin?s advice, she would become seven times more prone to assassination attempts. Even so, she doubted she would benefit from Nethara?s words and held no intention to comply.

?We understand that you took the throne much earlier than usual,? Nethara continued. ?But the people of Hapes are getting nervous.?

?An illegitimate birth would be acceptable at this point,? Alyssia concluded.

?But not advised,? Chelik said.

Tenel Ka frowned. For the people to be nervous as to who their next Queen Mother might be was a very bad circumstance. The citizen?s of Hapes needed to be confident in their future, their system, and their ruler, or else they would never faithfully back Tenel Ka. Alyssia?s proposition suggested that circumstances indeed dire.

Edal, Chelik?s oldest living daughter asked, ?Do none of the suitors excite you??

Chelik chided her daughter. ?Edal, that?s a very rude question.?

Edal shrugged. ?I don?t see why. If Tenel Ka finds none of the suitors acceptable, a solution must be made.?

Chelik consented her daughter?s advice and turned to Tenel Ka. ?Which one?s have you seduced?? she asked seriously.

Tenel Ka blinked, caught off guard. Even on Hapes, the question was a personal one. However, it seemed that here in the circle of cousin?s each woman knew the secret rules of engagement.

?None of them,? Tenel Ka replied evenly.

?What?? Kr?nae, Alyssia?s daughter asked, aghast. ?Not one??

?Fact.?

Alyssia tisked softly to Tenel Ka?s right. ?What of Dreokle? He is the handsomest of all the suitors.

The cousins agreed.

?Dreokle,? Tenel Ka replied somberly, ?is an imbecile.?

?Yes,? Alyssia allowed. ?But that doesn?t mean he can?t provide adequate intercourse. I should know.?

Chelik leaned over Tenel Ka to look at her sis

17. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    ok, i'm sorry i missed commenting on the previous chapter. ashamed, really. this stuff is so good! :D I Adore the Jacen/Jaina moment. It was absolutely kriffin wonderful to see Someone write them as what they are: twins. not complete strangers who merely smile and nod at each other, even if it has been five years. And I loved the engagement line! that will forever more be one of my favorites. And i Knew Jaina had something planned to get Jacen with Tenel Ka. that's such a sister thing to do. lousy sisters. :p not that i have one..well, not really.

You did a really good job writing the Hapan political side of things, with Tenel Ka's aunts all scheming, even if it didn't seem like they were doing it for their own benefit. I do have to admit though, that i have grown fond of her using the royal 'we', although in a gathering of just family, i guess she wouldn't use it. And it struck a bittersweet cord with me that Tenel Ka went to her mother's grave. very moving there.
    This is starting to quickly become one of my current J/TK favorites. I @};- it.

18. SephirothsKiller

SephirothsKiller Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    This chapter was very well done. I like how you seem to be taking your time with the story. Thats definately a good thing. The whole "royal interbreeding" thing was well thought out too. I have no real criticisms this time around. :)

19. tahirri_and_Anakin

tahirri_and_Anakin Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2006
    =D= oh cant wait for more this story keeps getting better and better i love it[face_love]

20. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I'm surprised that none of these dudettes mentioned Dukat. Anyhow, Hapans=Huttslime.

21. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Mage:
    ok, i'm sorry i missed commenting on the previous chapter. ashamed, really. It's okay, really. I think I put these two chapters up in the same day. Do you want me to PM you when the next one goes up?
    this stuff is so good!Thank you!
    It was absolutely kriffin wonderful to see Someone write them as what they are: twins. I felt that way, too. Jacen and Jaina have spent their whole lives together and under a special bond. They have a connection that can't be broken.
    And I loved the engagement line! that will forever more be one of my favorites. Take a look at Meg's sig!
    And i Knew Jaina had something planned to get Jacen with Tenel Ka. that's such a sister thing to do. lousy sisters. :p not that i have one..well, not really. :p Yes, it is, isn't it? I'm a sister, and I'm always scheming ways to set my brother up, even when he didn't like girls.
    You did a really good job writing the Hapan political side of things, with Tenel Ka's aunts all scheming, even if it didn't seem like they were doing it for their own benefit. Thank you! And trust me: the aunts and the cousins definitely have their own agendas. Only Chelik sincerely cares about Tenel Ka.
    And it struck a bittersweet cord with me that Tenel Ka went to her mother's grave. very moving there. Thank you. She's not quite over her mother yet. I'm sure you'll notice that she's had trouble getting over everything.
    This is starting to quickly become one of my current J/TK favorites. I @};- it. Thank you!

SephirothsKiller: Thank you very much!
    I like how you seem to be taking your time with the story. Thats definately a good thing. First I want to get into Jacen and Tenel Ka's surroundings. In a general romance the hero is supposed to come in right away, but I think the aunts should get to Tenel Ka when she's more vulnerable (if that word can even be associated to her).

tahirri_and_Anakin: I'm glad you like it!

SilSolo: Don't worry! Dukat comes in later, although he's not a big part of the plot. From TJK book, I got the impression that the cousins would consider him to be fairly annoying. But that's my impression!
    Anyhow, Hapans=Huttslime. Yes, that's the general rule. Is this a suggestion or just a comment?

Thank you all!

22. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Figures. I've an affinity for villains and annoying characters, or so people say. That part about Hapans being promiscuous Huttslime is just a comment.

23. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    it's ok, Sil. I had a good friend once who was Always rooting for the villan. Rather then berate him (and you) for not liking the good guys, i learned that a fan of the villan could give a fresh perspective on him. and help me sort out the truly...good evil villans(no pun intended)..from the mediocre ones. cause if you're gonna have your hero be bright as day, then your villan better be black as night.
    anyway, sorry to get OT. Oh, I'm sure Tenel Ka's family is really only in it for themselves. They're Hapan females. It's what they do.

24. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    great start darkwriter - please add me to the pm list I'd like to read more,

TnTornado

25. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    TnTornado: Cool! I will!

Magehound, I this is for you! I think you'll like it, 'we'? (I don't take French)

And just a side-note: Aree is pronounced, ahr-ree-AY

Chapter Three

?But you just got here!?

Jacen kneeled down to Ben?s level. ?I know. You can blame Jaina for that.?

?You said you weren?t going to leave again!? Ben protested.

?I?ll just be gone for a week or two,? Jacen said. ?There?s someone I have to see.?

Ben sighed heavily, letting Jacen know he was disappointed. ?Alright.?

Luke and Mara were disappointed as well, but Jaina was bursting with excitement, extremely proud of herself; Jacen had no idea what he was in for.

Jacen turned and embraced both Jaina and Jag. ?Hug Mom and Dad for me, okay?? he said. ?Tell them I?m sorry I couldn?t be here to meet them.?

?I will,? Jaina promised.

Jacen eyed her warily, and Jaina started to worry that Jacen had caught on to her scheme.

?What are you up to?? he asked.

?Nothing,? Jaina said quickly, thanking the Force that her brother was so oblivious.

Hopefully, he wasn?t too dense. How could he help Tenel Ka if he was unaware to his own feelings, let alone hers?

Satisfied with Jaina?s answer, Jacen nodded and stepped back. He waved them all a last goodbye and flew off for the Hapes Cluster.

Jaina remembered her Jedi Academy days and how things had been back then. Jacen had told those horrible jokes, Tenel Ka had been a stoic warrior, and Jaina herself had been attracted to Zekk. Jaina cringed at the thought. Zekk! So much had changed since then: learned to break the rules, and Jacen emerged as a more thoughtful person.

Jacen and Tenel Ka used to share a special link, different than their twin bond but not unlike the one Jaina shared with Jag. Had that changed as well? Was it possible that the two would find it impossible to connect?

Jaina looked up at Jag and squeezed his hand. No, some things never changed, no matter how different life got or how much a person grew. Some links stayed strong forever.

Jag looked down at Jaina and frowned. ?Why do I have a bad feeling about this??

Jaina grinned. ?You?re just becoming part of the family.?

He was here. On Hapes. Tenel Ka could hardly concentrate.

?Your Majesty? Your answer??

Tenel Ka looked up at Dreokle, an icy-eyed noble, and shook her head. ?We will have to consider your request.?

?Ah.? Dreokle stepped back in defeat, revealing his missing hand. ?Let me know what you decide.?

?We shall.?

Tenel Ka turned her steely gaze to the fountain palace, feeling Jacen?s presence approach. Mynocks fluttered in her stomach, and she marveled at the fact that she could still feel him so distinctly through the Force.

She stood gracefully and excused herself from her suitors, intending to meet her old friend before anyone could get to him.

Questions flashed across her mind. Why had he come now? What did he want? Catching herself, Tenel Ka shook her head in irritation. It wasn?t like her to be so worried over what somebody thought. What in the galaxy was she becoming? Her father would say she was becoming a woman; Tenel Ka thought such feelings were wimpish.

?Queen Mother!?

Tenel Ka huffed in frustration. What now?

A handmaiden, Aree, was coming to speak with her, waving a piece of flimsiplat. ?Queen Mother,? the handmaiden said, gasping for breath. ?Your father will be arriving shortly. He?s expecting supper.?

Tenel Ka nodded stiffly and motioned for Aree to resume her duties. She turned back around?

?and there was Jacen, brandy brown eyes and all. He looked at her with a strange intensity that she had only identified him with a few times, burning his gaze through her skin. Tenel Ka thought she was going to feint.

Instead, she punched him in the nose.

?Ah!? Jacen, surprised, stumbled back and hit the wall. Tenel Ka rushed to his side, grabbed his arm, and pulled him up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.