main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Plot of Fulfillment (J/TK Romance, evil Hapan Plots, DN AU) Survey up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darkwriter, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    Chapter Twenty-Five

Flanked by Jacen and Isolder, Tenel Ka stood from her throne to address the congregation. There had been much debate over the issue of Ta?a Chume?s sentence, but Tenel Ka had decided and she held no intention of backing down.

She motioned swiftly, slicing her arm across air, and commanded the court to be silent.

Ta?a Chume, Nethara, Edal, Tiroma, and the faceless assassins stood below her throne, awaiting their sentence. The pirates were still being held in the Royal Prison Camp, being guarded by the Jedi.

?The court has decreed Ta?a Chume and her accomplices ?guilty? of the attempted murder of the Queen Mother of Hapes,? Tenel Ka announced, ?and have granted them a life sentence. I will decide the type of punishment.?

Silence. Nethara brought her hands to her throat, as if fearing her own hanging. Edal, looked confused, and Tiroma furrowed her brows together in a pensive expression. Only Ta?a Chume maintained a neutral facade.

Tenel Ka took a moment to check Delorr through the Force. Standing only two paces behind Jacen, he remained alert and stoic, and Tenel Ka sensed that although he felt sorrow for his would-be Lady?s fate, he was willing to accept the consequences of her sentence, choosing duty over love.

Tenel Ka declared: ?Ta?a Chume and her accomplices will be serving their life sentences in exile . . .?

Nethara and Tiroma breathed in relief.

?. . . on Dathomir.?

Even Ta?a Chume broke her composure. Her mouth fell open in horror, and her eyes widened in shock. ?What?? she stammered.

Tenel Ka ignored her, focusing on the group as a whole. ?You will conform to Dathomiri society, meaning you must live, eat, and mate as they do. Any attempts to manipulate the witch?s system will not be tolerated, and if you do not comply I will give my clan sister permission to do as they wish with you. Is that clear??

The four women murmured their agreement.

Tenel Ka held no doubts that the assassins would thrive on Dathomir. Most assassins, in fact, were only simple folk trying to produce a safe income for their family. The sentence happened to work in their favor. Perhaps even Tiroma could adapt, albeit reluctantly. But Edal would find the sentence torture, and Edal and Nethara would finally be demoted the class they deserved: scum.

?Are there any questions?? Tenel Ka asked the congregation.

A courtwoman raised her hand. ?Your Majesty, what of the Ni?Korish Pirates??

Tenel Ka raised her hand for silence. ?I?ll get to that. Are there any other questions??

A dark-haired man whom Tenel Ka recognized as Nethara?s consort, Gadel, stepped forward. ?Your Majesty, I ask to be granted a pardon for my Lady, Nethara.?

Tenel Ka almost denied the request, but it struck with her that a consort would ask a pardon for his Lady, especially considering the treatment noblewomen displayed toward their men. ?Granted,? she allowed. ?But on one condition.?

Gadel nodded, waiting for her explanation.

?You and your Lady are hereby extracted but not disowned from the Royal House. You are still considered to be part of the Royal Family but without privileges or inheritance. You will be expected to make your own living.?

Gadel bowed. ?Yes, Milady.?

She turned back to the court. ?Since the Ni?Korish have broken their barriers, the court has deemed them restricted. I hereby reduce their boarders to six parsecs and they will owe Hapes a recovery fund for the damage they caused. I also order the captain be held by the Hapan Royal Navy for the duration of two-and-a-half years.

?I would also like to order a promotion. I declare that Delorr Gardenia be promoted past major to colonel for saving my life.?

Delorr?s eyebrows rose. Tenel Ka felt his surprise, then his pleasure, and then his honest gratitude. Jacen smiled, satisfied with Tenel Ka?s order, and he winked at her.

He deserves it.

?Last, I further the verdict to institute the Royal Consort as General of the Royal Guard. In this, we will alter the Constitution, giving the Roy

2. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Nice update! Very nice! I love the way TK sentenced all of the traitors to Dathomir! Those women would go insane!

3. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    I've seen what happens when cosmepolitan girls come to the boondocks, it isn't pretty(though I can be very amusing) I think it is a fitting punishment, especially when one considers that those fool will go after any male they see.

4. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    hehe, I hope Ta'a Chume DOES go insane!

Great punishment by the way, thats perfect for those women especially in the light of how she reacted in TCOPL!

Kudos to Jacen as well for sticking up for not lieing to TK, thats a smart move based on whats happened to them!

Great update Janet (which do you prefer? Darkwriter or Janet?), I've been missing reading this fic!

TnTornado

5. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    SilSolo: Thanks. I'm glad you liked the punishment. The plot bunny blessed me.

Valley_Lord: Yeah...very amusing, very fitting.

Tn_Tornado: Me, too.

Thanks! And I was thinking specifically COPL when I came up with this!

Thanks. I think by this point Jacen's learned that it doesn't do to lie to Tenel Ka...and he did promise her that he wouldn't do it again.

Thanks again! (You can call me Janet if you like, unless you're more comfortable with Darkwriter.) That is sooooo comforting!

Janet

6. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    mmmm, great job!This was an awesome story and I can't wait to see the epilogue!

~Jen~

7. Jedi_Kassandra

Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    Ooooh, perfect sentence. Oh, it would be so funny to do like a '1 year later' thing and show Ta'Chume etc. on Dathomir. Rofl just thinking about it!

~kass

8. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    BottledUpInside: Thanks!

Jedi_Kassasndra: Ummm...funny story. My beta suggested that, in order to divulge into Ta'a Chume's feelings on the whole being-exiled-to-Dathomir mater, I should do another backstory about Ta'a Chume on Dathomir, and I sort of like that idea. :D

Janet

9. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    I thought you had *died*! But, I knew that wasn't possible because I would have heard if something had. So, I loved the last one as usual and I can't wait for the epilogue!
    <3,
    Em.

10. dap_29

dap_29 Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2006
    Good fic. UP!

11. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Alright...just give me a minute to find all the PMs I need to send out. I know its been a while. Thank you everybody for reading,and enjoy the epilogue!

Epilogue

Dressed in his traditional Jedi garb, Luke Skywalker stood before the congregation that had arrived to witness the Queen Mother?s wedding to Jedi Knight and General Jacen Solo. Tenel Ka had chosen an outdoor veranda located just off of the Hapesah Sea in Hapes?s capitol city, and Luke didn?t think he could have granted them a better day to unite their souls.

But to be honest, he had been a little surprised when Jacen and Tenel Ka asked him to minister their wedding. Surely a Hapan or Dathomiri service would be more appropriate? Tenel Ka assured him otherwise.

?The only precedent for marriage on Hapes is a document,? she told him. ?Only the Queen Mothers are permitted services, and they create their own weddings from scratch. And on Dathomir a witch is married the moment she successfully captures her mate.?

It disturbed Luke to think that Mara had been his second wife.

?It would mean a lot to the both of us if you would do this, Uncle Luke,? Jacen said.

Luke agreed, and he had set to work to create a ceremony for his nephew that would reflect the honor set on him. Ben stood flanking Luke, holding a chalice that he would use to unite Jacen and Tenel Ka as husband and wife . . . or, rather, Queen Mother and Royal Consort. Luke hoped fleetingly that it was enough for them. They deserved the galaxy.

The galaxy seemed to think so, too. More had showed up to the wedding than even Isolder had imagined. Reporters stood at the back of the veranda?s perimeter, straining to see the Queen Mother and her Royal Consort. Han, Leia, and Isolder of course had received front row seats, as had the Jedi and the Royal Family.

When Luke was certain that no one else could possibly fit under the veranda?s roof, he started the ceremony.

?Welcome,? he began. ?We are gathered here today to celebrate the spiritual bond between Jacen Solo and Queen Mother Tenel Ka Djo.?

Jacen took Tenel Ka?s hand, and she offered him a dazzling smile. Luke motioned to the small fountain of wine separating Jacen and Tenel Ka and took the chalice that Ben was holding and raised it for the congregation to see. ?Jacen and Tenel Ka will now recite their vows.?

Jacen accepted the chalice first and dipped it into the fountain of wine, bringing up a full cup.

?We?ve been through a lot these past eleven years,? Jacen said. ?And I?m glad to see that even though we?ve made mistakes we?ve managed to come out fighting strong. We?ve seen terrible things and lost everything, and that?s taken its toll on our hearts. We?re more careful than we were when we were fourteen?taxed, scarred. We both know what it?s like to lose everything in less than a second, what it?s like to regret everything we took for granted.

?I?m not innocent or carefree anymore. Everyday I walk cautiously, afraid that something might take away all the peace and love that we?ve worked so hard to achieve. I?ve taken steps to ensure safety, because I know that life can change drastically at any given moment.

?But sometimes I get so wrapped up on not losing what we share that I forget to cherish it. I could spend everyday preserving and protecting that I forget the reason we?re standing here today.?

Jacen held the chalice out to Tenel Ka. ?I promise to live every moment to it?s fullest, and I?ll try to stop worrying about the future. I love you Tenel Ka.?

Before she accepted the chalice, Luke could have sworn every credit he owned on Obi-Wan Kenobi?s grave that he saw Tenel Ka blink away tears. She brought the chalice to her lips and drunk down the wine; then with one swift stoke she scooped more wine into the chalice and held it before her.

?Jacen,? she said.

Past Jacen and Tenel Ka and the wine fountain, Luke spotted Leia, crying, and Han, who couldn?t have looked prouder of his son. The Jedi wore smiles on their faces as well, satisfied that the pair had finally found each

12. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    Hi....Just wanted to up this and tell you how dynamic those vows were...

Absolutely wonderful work...how bout that survey now...not to mention THE SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!

meg

13. magehound

magehound Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2006
    excellent! very beautiful and moving vows. so happy to see them married Finally! :D
    i loved this line It disturbed Luke to think that Mara had been his second wife.[face_laugh] it's funny cause it's true.

and that part with Jaina at the end was so typical! lousy sisters!

very good work as always, and anticipating the sequel very much. :D

14. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    NIce post. That Jaina sure is evil

15. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    meg: *grins sheepishly* Aw, shucks. Yeah okay, survey coming up soon.

magehound: Thank you. I liked that line, too. Right when Tenel Ka explained Dathomiri tradition, I thought of it...so lovely being evil.

But that was just perfect, don't you think? I love Jaina!

SilSolo: And that's why we love her.

16. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Wonderful! I love how Jaina is so ..... Jaina!

Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

17. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    Strange, Jaina doesn't strike me as the scrap booking kind.

18. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Ah, what a wonderful epilogue!!!!!!!! This whole fic has been well written from start to finish!!!!! Amazing job!!!!

Can't wait for the sequel! [face_dancing]

~Jen~

19. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    AvienKiel: Thanks. I absolutely love to write Jaina. She's incredibley fun as a minor character.

Valley_Lord: Ummm, funny story actually. You see, when Episode III came out, I got really into scrapbooking. I started colleting newspaper articles, and when we went to C3 my dad took pictures...when it was all done I made it into this huge scrapbook. After that, I kind of took a liking to it. Anyway, I confessed my secret love of scrapbooking to a friend of mine, and she laughed at me, because her brother had just gotten married and the ladies in her family had been working on "scrapbooks." So that's where that comes from. Just a little something that Jaina can torture her brother with. :D

BottledUpInside: Thank you!

The Survey of Fulfillment

The following questions pertain to The Plot of Fulfillment:

1) Which POV did you like the most?Jacen or Tenel Ka? Why?

2) What did you think about Delorr Gardenia? Why did you like/not like him?

3) Who was your favorite?

4) Did the story flow? Did you ever feel like we had gotten from point A to point C, but that we had missed point C?

5) In regards to mush and angst: too little? Too much? Was there an appropriate balance between the two?

6) Character development: was Jacen?s development appropriate? Do you feel like he was making the best choices from his POV? Is there anything he did that didn?t make sense?

7) Character development: what about Tenel Ka? When she finally gave into Jacen, do you feel like it was done gradually?not abruptly?

8) Can you sympathize with Delorr?

9) How was the ending? Does it feel like a conclusion, or does it feel like it was cut off abruptly?

10) What would you like to see from Jacen and Tenel Ka? Any more changes? Is there anything they need to learn/change about themselves? Who would you like to see more development from?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.