main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Plot of Fulfillment (J/TK Romance, evil Hapan Plots, DN AU) Survey up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darkwriter, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Kassandra

Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    Awww, I loved it!!!

Jacen didn?t think Tenel Ka could have squeezed him any tighter.

hehe, oh I'm sure she could have.

~Kass~

2. CassaSoloDaughterOfA

CassaSoloDaughterOfA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2006

That was a pretty good story.Ha!!! Tenel Ka got cheated!!!

3. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    Great updates Darkwriter, I hope this story continues on, I love how you are going on this.

I would quote parts, but I like em all!

TnTornado

4. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    SilSolo: The title is actually Chume Ta, according to the YJK series, According to "The NEW Character Guide", Queen Mother is Chume'la; Prince (the male heir) is Chume'da; Princess (the female heir) is Chume'ta. This also goes with what Wolverton wrote in the COPL, so that's what I'm using, since he, like, invented Hapes. I think the title was only used once in the YJK books, and even that bugged me.
    but very good chapter! Thank you very much!

magehound: "Jacen." Tenel Ka hugged Jacen tightly. "Jacen Solo is my Consort." and that right there, ladies and gentlemen, is what it's all about. It sure is! It should never be any other way.

BottledUpInside: Glad I could help. And thanks!

Jedi_Kassandra: Thanks. And she couldn't have squeezed him any tighter without BREAKING anything. ;)

CassaSoloDaughterOfA: Thanks!

TnTornado: Thanks, I've been working on it, but I needed to finish my APLAC . . . It's all done now! *happy dance*

Thanks again!

Janet

5. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Chapter Twenty

The following day, Tenel Ka put plans for a celebration in place, and her advisors started making wedding preparations. During one of the happy couple?s more private moments, Delorr pulled Jacen away.

?The general wants to see you.?

Since the message sounded urgent, Jacen followed Delorr without protest?wondering why the general was not watching Tenel Ka.

Jacen and Delorr arrived at the Royal Guard?s lobby to find General Lamori pacing furiously. She had thrown off her cap and jacket, racking her hands through her undone hair. Complete with a data system, comm. unit, holomap of the entire Hapes Cluster, and caf-maker, Jacen doubted the cramped room was helping Lamori?s sudden paranoia.

Delorr signaled for Jacen to stay a step behind him. ?General??

Lamori motioned for them to sit at a small conference table in front of the comm. unit, brushing her hair back behind her ears. Without preamble, she said, ?We?ve received a hint as to what might be an assassin attack on the Queen Mother.?

Jacen?s heart skipped a beat, and the images from his vision came flashing back at him.

Lamori slid a holofax over for Jacen and Delorr to see. Printed neatly in red ink on the blue flimsiplast were the words, THE QUEEN MOTHER DIES IN THREE DAYS AND EIGHTEEN HOURS.

Jacen?s stomach constricted, and in that second all the contracting pain he had been feeling for the past few days came down on him. He knew this was it. This was why the Force and his ?Solo instinct? had been warning him: Tenel Ka?s death was approaching fast.

Delorr seemed nonplussed. ?I don?t understand,? he said. ?Can?t we just set up for them? How is this different from any other assassination attempt??

Jacen didn?t bother to explain it to him.

Lamori glanced at Jacen. ?We have reason to believe this is a bigger and more complicated situation. The Ni?Korish may be involved.?

Jacen got her meaning. Nethara was making her move, and they had to stop her at all costs. His stomach knotted.

Delorr?s face fell.

?I want the entire Guard on alert,? Lamori said. ?Sentries, too. The Navy will be instructed to eliminate all Ni?Korish pirates that attempt to take planet?and those that do will be warranted.

Delorr sank back in his seat, and Jacen sensed the captain?s ill feeling as clearly as his own. ?When will Jedi Solo take over as General??

?When he marries the Queen Mother,? Lamori snapped.

Jacen ignored them both, racking his brain for possible alternatives. He had promised Tenel Ka he would let her deal with this matter her own way, and, besides, he wasn?t sure how he felt about eliminating a whole legion of pirates. That was almost genocide, even if they were criminals. If only the Hapan Royal Guard were composed of Jedi. Then he could?

Jacen sat up, grinning. That was it: Jedi.

?General??

Lamori broke off from reprimanding Delorr to fix Jacen with an icy stare. ?Yes??

?This whole operation would work better if we had Jedi,? Jacen said.

Lamori raised a thick brow. ?Jedi??

Jacen nodded. ?I could go back to Ossus and get a Jedi team.? He did the calculations in his head. ?We?ll be back in time for the due date.?

Lamori considered his plan, a hard look on her face. ?Very well, Jedi Solo. I suggest you leave as soon as possible.? She glared at both Jacen and Delorr. ?This stays between the three of us. No one else is to know?not the Queen Mother, not Captain Gray. The fewer people who are aware of the mission of Jacen?s departure the better chance Her Majesty has at surviving.?

?You can?t keep Tenel Ka out of the loop,? Delorr objected. ?She has a right to know what we?re doing to protect her.?

?She?s never needed to know before,? Lamori countered.

?You said yourself this is different.? Delorr leaned forward on the table. ?What is she going to think when Jacen just up and leaves without any explanation??

Jacen knew. Tenel Ka would think he had left her, that he didn?t want to become her Royal Consort. She would feel abandoned, alone. She would hate

6. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    *grabs a post*

WONDERFUL! I hope TK isn't too harsh on him!

~Jen~

7. magehound

magehound Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2006
    this was pretty good post. it's a shame to see the Jedi still going over the same old routine as they did in DN. maybe it's just Corran that's the problem? hmm. The scene with Mara and Ben was nice. I loved the little Han and Leia moment you threw in there. that was funny. Now, make sure TK leaves him still able to walk. :p

8. TnTornado

Jun 10, 2006
    Another great chapter Darkwriter/Janet (which do you prefer?)!!

I sure hope TK doesn't feel abandoned, and if she does she gives Jacen a chance to explain.

TnTornado

9. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    BottledUpInside: Thanks! Heh, heh. You'll see.

magehound: Thanks. It's just setting up the climax, which comes in a few posts. The Jedi ARE pretty pethetic, but that was the point. I'm setting them up for the sequel. (smooth, Janet, reall smooth) I'm glad you liked Ben and Mara. That was another set up. Now, I'm curious, what did you find funny about Han and Leia? Was it the holonet reference? Just want to know what line it was that thre you for a spin. Heh, heh. You'll see. In time, you will all see . . . [face_devil]

TnTornado: Thanks. You can call me either. Whichever you feel comfortable with.

Ummm . . . I'm so glad everybody is worried about Jacen. I don't want to give anything away, though. Thanks for reviewing.

Janet

10. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    Han scowled. "I was fine."

Leia ignored him.
    that part right there. it's just such a thing for them to do. it's hard to put into words.

11. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Thanks! That's what I thought you meant. I just wanted to be sure. I'm strange, I know.

12. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Chapter Twenty-One

Delorr hurried into the Queen?s Royal Chambers, where Dukat had summoned him. He ignored the unusual chill in the normally humid Hapan air, forcing himself to remain optimistic. Tenel Ka was blowing things out of proportion.

That was part of the reason he had been opposed to General Lamori?s idea of keeping Tenel Ka out of the loop; relations between Jacen and the Queen Mother were so far along that her assumptions could be dangerous?even if they were only temporary. The uncharacteristic Hapan weather was proof enough of that. If she believed Jacen had left her, perhaps she would not hesitate to take Delorr as her new Royal Consort, or her depression could propel the coming of the Dark Ages even faster than Jacen could bring his Jedi to Hapes.

Tenel Ka was standing erect out on her balcony, her rusty-colored hair falling braidless past her waist. Dukat was with her, speaking emphatically.

?I am sure he?ll be back. Jedi Solo doesn?t seem to be the kind of man who leaves without saying goodbye. He isn?t a coward.?

Tenel Ka didn?t reply.

Dukat caught Delorr?s eye and whispered, ?Do you know what this is about??

?It?s classified.?

Dukat backed away, surprised. At perilous times like this, Delorr wished he could confide in his cousin, but that, of course, was impossible, according to the code. That was why Guard members tended to marry inside their own sect.

Delorr felt that was ?time for a change,? as Lamori liked to say. If the Royal Consort was going to be appointed as General?and if Jacen was going to keep an honest relationship with Tenel Ka?then the code would have to be revised. He whole-heartedly hoped that Jacen would bring some amendments to the rules and their consequences.

Delorr approached Tenel Ka, resisting the urge to recoil when he glimpsed her face. Her cheeks were flushed and puffy from crying, and she looked terribly distraught, but it was her eyes that disturbed him. Usually so clear and steady, her gray eyes stared straight ahead, red-rimmed, empty, and unblinking. She looked numb.

?Queen Mother??

Tenel Ka didn?t move, didn?t blink. When Delorr did not go on, she said, ?I?m listening, Captain.?

Delorr nearly winced. She had no spirit in her voice, no vigor, no edge. It was dull.

?The Royal Guard received a threat on your life earlier,? Delorr said, omitting Jacen?s involvement, courtesy of General Lamori?s orders. ?We advise you to remain under guard until . . . enforcements arrive.?

Tenel Ka said nothing.

?Queen Mother??

?I heard you, Captain.?

Delorr stepped back next to Dukat. ?What next?? he whispered.

?We should stay with her,? Dukat suggested. ?I doubt her closer cousins will help much. If anything, they?ll make her feel worse.?

Delorr agreed. Since he had been so afraid of Tenel Ka as a young boy, he was not personally close with her and neither was Dukat. In fact, few members of the Royal Family knew Tenel Ka very well. She had grown up mostly on Dathomir and had made her friends at the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV.

A servant knocked on the door, and Dukat summoned her in.

?What?s this??

?A fruitcake from Chelik,? the servant girl said, quivering. ?She wanted to offer her support.?

Delorr eyed the fruitcake suspiciously. ?How did Aunt Chelik hear about Jacen Solo?s departure??

The girl?s eyes widened. ?She didn?t. This is for the assassin threat.? She paused. ?Should I make another cake??

Delorr rounded on the servant. ?How did she know about the assassin threat??

?Nethara was talking about it.?

Dukat frowned. ?And how do you know about this??

The girl blushed slightly. ?My brother is Edal?s current courtesan.?

Delorr dug into his jacket. ?Look. I?ll give you three hundred credits to stay quiet about this, meaning Jacen Solo?s departure and the Queen Mother?s current state.?

The servant girl took the credits, risking a glance at Tenel Ka. ?Is she going to be alright??

?She?ll be fine.?

Dukat waited for the girl to leave and turned to Delorr. ?Is that y

13. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    That fruitcake is poisoned, isn't it?

14. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    aren't all fruitcakes poisoness? that's why no one ever eats them.

Wow. I can sympathise with Tenel Ka's heartbreak, but :_| Jacen came back! he didn't leave you! He loves you!

15. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    SilSolo: No, the fruitcake is not poisoned. I'd say more, but that might give too much away. Although, I did actually start laughing when I wrote it. Only on Hapes would a male ever "look suspicioulsy" at food.

magehound: what? I love fruitcakes! Everyone needs a good fruitcake . . . especially when they're in Tenel Ka's position.

I know. But she's misunderstanding the situation . . . and that makes for good angst!

Janet

16. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    Fruit cake is rabbit food. And rabbits are people food.;)

even as dense as I am, I can see that Jacen is going to be in the dog house for a while.

17. TnTornado

Jun 10, 2006
    I sure hope TK gets her head out of where its stuck and realize Jacen is just trying to protect her.

TnTornado

18. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    EDIT: Sorry! I accidentally hit POST. Hold on . . . I gotta see the other replies.

19. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Valley_Lord: *whimpers* You eat bunny rabbits? So that's why I'm not getting any plot bunnies . . .

Yeah, Jacen might be in a bit of trouble. I don't think even the Force can help him, now.

TnTornado: Poor Tenel Ka. I like angst.

Janet

20. Jedi_Kassandra

Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    I do not envy Jacen. I just hope Tenel Ka waits until after the assasination attempt to thrash him. That will be very interesting...

~kass

21. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Jedi_Kassasndra: Yeah, me neither. You know . . . TK could kill him and then just blame it on the assassins?????????? :D ;) [face_laugh] [face_peace]

[face_beatup]

22. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Chapter Twenty-Two

Within the walls of her own closet, Tenel Ka furiously slipped into her white shimmersilk nightgown, letting her hair fall to her waist, and wrapped herself in a matching robe. Jacen was only one chamber over, but she wasn?t planning on talking to him until she collected her thoughts. She needed to keep her head on straight.

Her emotions were spiraling out of control. That was dangerous. Thunder pounded just outside the palace walls, mirroring Tenel Ka?s own rage. Although she knew she had caused the tempestuous storm, she couldn?t stop it. Not as long as her emotions remained at odds with Jacen. Besides, her mother said that once a storm had begun, only a true victory could reveal the light of day again.

This was all Jacen?s fault. If he hadn?t left, she never would have lost her head. But because he had betrayed her, she was forced to deal with the incoming threat that could have been avoided for still weeks to come . . . the assassins.

Tenel Ka shook her head. She was the one who had ordered Jacen to leave if he could not accept a life on Hapes.

But that had been before the match. In defeating her, she had assumed that he had chosen to stay. After all, she had told him to give up before the match, not after. He had given her false hope and then smashed her dreams. Why had he done that? Had he merely chickened out?

Even so, he had come back. And why? Had he changed his mind, again? He hadn?t said a word to her yet. Tenel Ka could barely even get a read on his emotions through the Force. What was he thinking? Did he even want her anymore?

Everything had been so simple before Jacen had arrived on Hapes. Her aunts were scheming, she was prepared to take on an inadequate consort and deal with the heartbreak, and Jacen had seemingly disappeared from the galaxy. Then Jacen Solo had wandered back into her life as only Jacen could. He had persisted to chase her and forced her to admit her feelings for him. Tenel Ka had allowed herself to fall in love, truly, ignoring all restrictions of Hapan society.

Was that a mistake? Should she have simply turned him away? Refused to let him into her heart?

No, you tried that, remember? It didn?t work.

Either way, she would have been heart-broken. So was it worth it? She had Jacen for weeks to love and turn to. Did she regret it?

No. She could never deny Jacen. She loved him. She would take any chance he gave her.

So what had happened? Had he realized that he couldn?t mentally deal with the consequences that came with loving her? Had he decided that he was needed elsewhere in the galaxy? Or had he simply decided loving her wasn?t worth it?

Why, Jacen?

But he had come back. Why? What in the Force?s name was he thinking? Tenel Ka would have given anything to just touch him through the Force right then, to connect his mind with hers.

It was an impossible task, even if she wanted to summon enough bravery to make her amends with him; Jacen was hiding from her.

Tenel Ka took a deep breath. Along with the shock of his reappearance, Jacen had brought Jaina, Zekk, and Lowie . . . and all the survivors of the Myrkr mission. Her friends, for as much as that was worth. But if there was ever a time Tenel Ka didn?t want to see them, this was it. She was still trying to get a grip on her feelings for Jacen; she didn?t need her Jedi friends around to see that.

She exited her closet to find Jacen waiting in her royal bedchambers, looking lost. His eyes fell on her, and he gulped, as if unsure of what to say. Fighting the lump rising in her throat, Tenel Ka waited.

To Tenel Ka?s dismay, neither one of them spoke. It was horrible. She needed Jacen to say something?anything. He looked down, then back up, and approached her cautiously.

Tenel Ka firmed her lips together, stabbing Jacen with a solid gray glare. Any closer and he would be in range. She could stab him in the chest, or knee him in the groin.

Tentatively, Ja

23. luminousneptune

luminousneptune Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2006
    First review! Yay!

Hmm... I'm not sure about who nabbed TK. Maybe someone who has previously established himself or herself as a friend?

It sounds so fangirlish, but considering the famous H/L line, I must say it: SQUEE!

Oh, pleeeeeease update soon!

-neptune

24. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    Beware of strange closets that don't lead to Narnia, Tenel Ka!
    and I'm so very glad to see that they made up! :D
    Jaina was a little disturbing with her killing attitude, but i can see where she's coming from.
    This better end well!

25. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Not good. Not good at all. The captor is Dukat!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.