PT The Point of Anakin Having an Apprentice

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by CircaCitadel, Oct 10, 2012.

Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    As has been proved numerous times, the Star Wars continuity is not set in stone. Ahsoka probably was not even an idea when they made RotS.
    Now she is great for marketing and getting people involved in Star Wars. I have met several little boys who believe that they are the most hard-core fans in the world...and all they've ever seen are the Clone Wars. Kind of annoys me, actually, but they will eventually consume more of the universe and become the well-rounded kind of hard-core fan.
    Last edited by WIERD_GREEN_MAN, Oct 19, 2012
    Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  2. Lord Tyrannus Jedi Master

star 4
    Who would have liked to see ahsoka tano in the live action prequel films? I aint sure.
  3. CircaCitadel Jedi Master

Maybe if she had a minor role and not Anakin's apprentice.
    Zeta1127 likes this.
  4. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
  5. Lord Tyrannus Jedi Master

star 4
    The clone wars tv series is canon. She was part of the movie canon too if she is canon, they just didn't have time to show everything that happened in a 2 hour movie.
  6. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    Tyrannus, you should consolidate all your ideas into a story and post in FanFic. I'm not being snarky, but you have so many questions and alternate "this would be better" and this would be "awesome" stuff that maybe you should organize and post.
  7. Lord Tyrannus Jedi Master

star 4
  8. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    We have a fanfic section here on tf.n.
  9. Lord Tyrannus Jedi Master

star 4
  10. Lord Tyrannus Jedi Master

star 4
    I would like to write a fanfic how I would have done the prequels. Basically, my fanfic version of the SW prequels.
  11. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    Here.
  12. Lord Tyrannus Jedi Master

star 4
  13. Iron_lord Force Ghost

star 6
    Meaning- write some fanfic in that part of the forum, and if people read it they might give you feedback on what they think.
  14. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    That's the link for the fan fiction section of this forum.
  15. Lord Tyrannus Jedi Master

star 4
    Is fanfic writing a summary of a story, or actually writing dozens/hundreds/thousands of pages for a story?
  16. Iron_lord Force Ghost

star 6
    A fanfic is a fan-written story- though a summary is a good place to start before you flesh it out.
    Last edited by Iron_lord, Oct 24, 2012
  17. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    I suppose in the fanfic RESOURCE thread one might post a summary asking if folks think it would make a good story, or to discuss its possibilities. In the story threads themselves, it should be a vignette (one post) or short story or epic story.
  18. Lord Tyrannus Jedi Master

star 4
    Should it be hundreds of pages?
  19. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    SHOULD it? No. It could be. It could be one page; it could be 800. It should be as long as it needs to be. Heck, there's certain stories that are limited to 100 WORDS total.

Your summary, if you wish to go that route, should definitely be paragraphs long as opposed to hundreds of pages, though. Post it as a "Discussion" (use that tag) in FanFic Resource and state off the bat that you are considering a fic with these following elements and please provide feedback before I actually start writing it.
  20. Lord Tyrannus Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, summaries should be paragraphs.
  21. Jarren_Lee-Saber Force Ghost

star 4
    I would have very much.
  22. Lord Tyrannus Jedi Master

star 4
    Wouldn't she make the story more convoluted though? How would she be important? Episode 3 seemed kinda boring at times, she would've made it more interesting. An orange skinned jedi. Awesome!!! But how would she fit into the plot of ROTS and anakin falling to the darkside? Order 66? Her fate?
  23. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    That, Tyrannus, is a fanfic for you to write and share with us over on the fanfic thread.

Personally, I didn't find ROTS boring. But you're right, the one thing missing from it is an orange skinned Jedi. To think what might have been. Sigh.
    WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  24. WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Yes, she does make continuity more complicated. But we can't speculate about that because it's already happened, and has been happening for years.
  25. Lord Tyrannus Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm gonna write fanfic about her in ROTS soon.
Moderators: Bazinga'd