main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The Political Debate & Slander Thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Evil Incarnate, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I completely deny this slanderous and flamatory statement. As is seen by the fact that I am the only male Jedi in the Guardians of Light, I believe that women belong in the Jedi Order as well.

BTW Addie, has the world ended Downunder?

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Sorry to disappoint you, but no, its still here. We are expecting wild weather in my home town today, mini tornadoes and heavy rain, but its late Autumn (Fall) so that's kinda expected!

I had heard the above rumors and was only repeating what I'd heard. I apologise if I have offended your kind Sir. ;)

3. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    You stocked up down there in case you lose power? (Speaking from experience)

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Got candles but thats about it, we will survive. ;) Going to a party tonight anyway, so could be a very interesting night! :p

5. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I have been known to enjoy a good sammich every now and again. :)

But I ask you this. What good is the ability to have a fresh sammich delivered to me whenever I want it if the woman bringing it to me is not able to set down and have an intellectual conversation with me over a shared sammich? Sharp minds are not honed in the bedroom or kitchen.

Long story short: If I ask a woman to make me a sammich, it means that I want to spend time with her will appreciating her awesome sammich making skills. [face_love]

Evil.

6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    As a Mandalorian I must say that women are greatly respcted in our society. While I am against the "Mandalorianization" of the EUC, I do believe that this is an area where the EUC can benefit from that respect. If elected I can guarentee that I will be appointing several female ministers to EUS positions within my administration. Whether they accept of course will be up to them.

As for EKW and his "sammich comment". Why not make your own sammich? Be self-reliant, be proud of the work that you do and enjoy the fruits of your own labor! When I am hungry, I prepare my own food.

7. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Interesting snippet from newspaper CCCNN of the ASE, which seems to have taken notice to this political struggle outside of its domains... although, methinks, in a biased way. Nonetheless, here goes: "Rumors abound that Bardan_Jusik, candidate for the office of Vice President, will not be able to fulfill his duties due to pressing concerns pertaining to food. Apparently, Bardan is so busy making his own, he lacks the time to sort through the mess of paperwork on his desk."

[face_devil] *runs away cackling*

EKW FTW! :p

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh] the CCCNN, is that the national enquirer of the ASE? Any rag that got the facts wrong as to the office I am running for, I am the candidate for Chancellor, should not be taken seriously. :p As for making my own food. I prefer to make chili, no beans of course. Making that in a crockpot really doesn't take that much time.

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I cook a mean roast pork, does that count? Ripping crackle! LOL!! But I ain't cooking it for you lot, only my MAN gets that delicious meal [face_love]

10. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    To add to my defense... I submit for your approval a proverb that has been a mainstay in my profile since I joined the JC:

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya.
    (Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger.)

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Very interesting CPL. Though I am pleased that you admire my culture, it does go towards proving the previous allegation that you don't know who you are. Jetti, fighter pilot, Mandalorian wanna be, which is it? Soon we will discover that you also have some leanings toward the sith culture as well I presume?

12. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Just because I embrace a larger diversity of EU Cultures doesn't mean that I lack in my understand of who I am. Like I have said many times I am a Jedi, but because of the changing times around me I have been forced to adapt and overcome. Just becuase I appreciate the proverbs of the Mandalorian Culture does not mean that I want to be a Mandalorian. If that was the case then I would be a Mandalorian Jedi like my fellow Knight Zels.

13. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    The CCCNN has a long and complex history; monitoring the activities of the SWC, it soon came to be, yes, the galactic enquirer of the ASE. :p

Of course the "rag" had little research, but I do. I merely impartially, unbiasedly, list rumors and reports here, no matter their content - I am the epitome of fairness and balance. [face_laugh]

In the meantime, I thank all candidates for all responses to these rumors (slander *ahem*). May the most evil man win! [face_mischief]

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It is quite clear though that even though you mouth mandalorian phrases, you have no real idea of our culture. The idea of a mandalorian jetti is anathema to me, and indeed most of my vode. They are diametrically opposed philosphies that are followed, not merely born in to. It is like saying one is a sith-jeti. To be a Mandalorian one must follow the 6 tennets. One simply cannot follow those and be a true and loyal jedi. A quick and easy example is that a mandalorian must go to the Mand'alors aid when called. That would be an attachment not allowed by many jedi philosophies. And what if that Mand'alor calls for the destruction of the Jedi? One cannot have a divided loyalty like that. Mandalorian, Jedi, Sith, they all require a total commitment to their own philosphy, there is no room for any other.

However, this is not a cultural lesson or thread, so I will just leave it at that. This is a political debate, I hope we can save any other cultural debates for a later time.

I thank you for your unbiased opinion Dreadwar, it also gives me the opportunity to bring out the truth should any of these stories contain untruths. ;)

15. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Your lack of understand of other cultures is staggering. This is a prime example of incorrect preconcieved notions. Yes Jedi/Sith/Mandalorian is a culture and a way of life. However, each of these cultures have changed and adapted based on what has happened through out the galaxy.

Clearly my opponent believes that once you are labled one or the other you are that forever. However, as I have stated before, I have had to adapt and overcome based on what has happen to the environment around me. Unfortunately we all don't fit into convenient clearly defined roles, that would be just as proposterous as a planet being predominantly defined by one geological or environmental feature. (;) )

This goes to the root of the matter of your party accusing EKW and I of not being diversified enough. Apparently your parties diversity is not as diverse as you try to make it appear.

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    CPL... fancy a Sith title? ;)

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I never stated that there is no mobility between the groups. Somone who was once a jedi can indeed become a sith or a mandalorian and of course vice versa. I never stated that one was stagnant within a role either. However, when one lives by a certain philosophy, they should be true to that philosophy. A pacifist cannot call themselves a militarist and be truthful to themselves. A pacifist can of course change their thinking and become a mititarist, but at that time they cease to be a pacifist. This is really pretty basic stuff.

I am all for all the cultures coming together and espousing their own views, it can only make us stronger. But to lie to ourselves and call us something we are not is a fallacy and can only lead to disaster.

As for my lack in undestanding culture. I would ask that you take that back. It is frankly insulting and not in keeping with the fun and fair play that this debate is supposed to engender. I have a degree in international relations with an emphasis on foreign culture, and I find your pathetic attempt at humor both denegrating and insulting.

18. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Never in any of my posts am I attacking the person IRL. If you took my prior statements as an attack IRL, I apologize. At no time were any of my statments written with any ill intent meant.

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Just because we are to take everything written in here with a grain of salt does not give one carte blanche to launch a true personal attack. Your words were exactly that. Attack a position I take on an issue. Create fun rumors and such as has been done in the past. Do insult one personally or their intelligence.

I accept your apology.

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    So...

Should I through my hat into the ring and completely confuse the hell out of the situation?

;)

21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Who would your VC candidate be? A three way race would be...interesting.

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I'd have no idea.

But I wouldn't renounce my Senate seat, though. :p

I'm a Sith.

I don't renounce nowt!

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    No, you will just be replaced by Evil once he and his secret apprentice rise up against you. [face_devil]

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I am the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Nobody replaces me.

Ever.

Ever.

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    until they do. :p

When that sad day comes, I am sure the mandalorian thread will grant you refuge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.