main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The Political Debate & Slander Thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Evil Incarnate, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I am Darth Insipid, Eternal Dark Lord of the Sith.

Nobody overthrows me.

But, come the revolution, I shall acknowledge your kind offer and make sure I leave Mandalore be.

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Revolution? Are they hiring? If I am not elected I may need to find new employment. ;)

3. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    So here is a question for everyone...

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Bardan, consider yourself hired in advance.

And CPL, you're a candidate! You can't ask questions. Only the spectators can.

So, I have a very hard question for the candidates.

Ready for it?

Are you sure?

Alright.

Here it is.

*takes deep breath*

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

5. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    A woodchuck would chuck all the wood it could if a woodchuck could chuck wood!

I promise to retain the services of Bardan once the Unity Party prevails.

6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [image=http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/12/30/128751375093780061.jpg]

As for the job offers. Its good to have options. [face_mischief]

7. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I do that when the woman is away. When she is around however, I bow to her superior cooking and sammich making prowess. ;)

Evil.

8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Or, alternatively, you could make HER a sammich.....o_O

9. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    I have been known to make excellent bag nasties. :)

Two points to anyone who gets that term. ;p

Evil.

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    What good is two points to me? It matters little as I don't get the reference but I suspect it's a US thing.

Having read DD interview I find myself repulsed by the 'women wearing mini skirts in the winter for the pleasure of the males'... shivers Rather sexist I will say.

11. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    It's actually a military term for sack lunches. :p

As for the interview, it was purely fictional in that the entire thing was a dramatized satire. The bit about the miniskirts was only added for as a snipe, and a well placed one it seems. [face_whistling]

You must know by now that one of my favored forms of entertainment is political satire. :D

Evil.

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    More like Political prodding! Nice move....

13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It was well done Evil. Now a more serious question, or rather a series of them.

When is the elction to be held? I am assuming the 25th and 26th of this month, as that would be about a week since the Adalia administration was dissolved?

Also, to whom will votes be submitted? Or are we calling for an open vote this time?

As we lack a government at this time, I look forward to resolving these questions with my opponent EKW.

Also as an aside I believe that in future elections it should be the duty of the Chancellor and VC to run the election coming after them, regardless of whether they are running or not. It would make these questions moot. Indeed, looking over my copy of our admitidly unratified constitution, I see that there is no requirement for the chancellor and VC to step down prior to elections. Rather they are simply to hand over power once the election has been concluded.

14. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    I think we should wait until after memorial day to hold the voting. It's going to be a busy weekend for everyone.

I'm also going in for oral surgery today, so I will be out of it for a couple of days.

Evil.

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    If it were not for your surgery I think we could have gotten it in before Memorial Day. However, with you out for a couple of days, and than the Memorial Day weekend right afterwards, perhaps we should delay it to the weekend after Memorial Day. Running the election than on 3 and 4 June should give everyone enough time to ask any questions they need to and also allow for you to be at full strength. I wouln't want anyone to say I had taken adavnatge of the situation after all. [face_mischief]

And good luck on your surgery!

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I find I will not be busy on this Memorial Day, alas I suspect MANY EUC members who are no of the Northern Americas will be free... ;)

Good luck with the surgery! I don't envy you there mate!

I was thinking the 30th of May, like voting starts the 1st of June. Hopefully by then we have TWO mods up there again! :)

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    That would be fine with me as an election date.

18. Darth-Jerk

Darth-Jerk Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2003
    I have a question for Bardan.

It is clear that Adalia's abdication was just a ruse after she announced that she was going to be your vice chancellor. It was a dirty trick to give the dark side users hope just before taking it away. How do you feel to be a puppet for such a trickster like Lady Adalia?

19. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    Hmm, [face_thinking] that is indeed an interesting question you pose, Lord Jerk. This is a situation that I should have noticed, and perhaps would have if I hadn't been so trusting.

Evil.

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I didn't realize that "hope" was so important to the dark siders. I thought you all thrived on despair and so forth. In any case, after I saw who had been nominated I offered the Lady Adalia a proposal of a joint ticket. She agreed so long as she was only running for VC. I do believe that she wanted to give others a chance, for I am sure had she wanted, a third term was hers for the taking. ;)

21. Darth-Jerk

Darth-Jerk Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2003
    Everyone hopes whether they like to admit it or not. ;)

As for this little story you told, it is way too simple to be the truth. The truth is never that simple.

Why don't you try again? With the truth this time.

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    That was the truth, sorry mate, Im an Aussie and really not that complicated. I stepped down, in all honesty, and when Bardan asked me to stand as his VC I figured 'What the heck?', its not a hard job! And that's about it, no ruse, no lies, no trickster stuff.....shrugs sorry to disappoint you mate. ;)

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Well said madam former Chancellor! ;)

24. Gotab

Gotab Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2011
    So let me get this straight. The head sith is our new mod, and his apprentice is running for chancellor? o_O That is too much dark side to truly rule the senate for all. We need a strong chancellor that can counter this growing darkness. That man is Bardan!

Since no jedi is willing to go toe to toe with the sith who are slowly taking over the EUC, it falls to the only hope we have left, a Mandalorian!

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    =D=

Well said. I did also suspect Sinre would be the new Mod, and I also suspected many would not approve of the darkness he would bring to the EUC. We do need to counter it, and with Bardan leading and me backing him up, you have a good amount of light mixed with cautious amount of mediation and even views. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.