main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton The Political Discussion Thread.... You had your say at the ballot box, now have your say here...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I see that a few of us have posted some opinions about the election tonight and the various feelings towards certain members of the government. I think it is best to keep these discussions to one place (here) so as to not offend those who may not be interested in talking about it (as it is against the TOS technically... ;) )

Let's keep it civil and non personal...

Good = I think Joe Blow is a terrible choice for our riding because...

Bad = You are an idiot if you think Joe Blow is a good choice!

2. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I've pretty well said my piece.

I just hope no one mistook anything I said as a personal insult. We all have the right to vote for who we want. A lot of good people fought and died for that right. I just feel strongly about certain parties not being the next leaders of Canada. That's just my opinion (another thing we're all entitled to) ;)

3. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    We don't have to be civil about the candidates though right? [face_devil]
    [face_dancing] Ding Dong the witch is dead, the witch is dead... [face_dancing]
    O.k. I got that off my chest, I'll quit... honest... maybe tommorow. :p
    You know, last time round I actually almost felt guilty I didn't vote for Hawn. He struck me as pretty stand up and he didn't sound like he likes the party leadership much either. He didn't make me want to wash after talking to him at any rate. :p And hey, at least the Torries stab you in the front. I don't think I'll ever be able to bring myself to vote Conservative though.
    Did they change the election laws? I got two flyers today, I thought they couldn't campain within 24 hours of the polls being open. And did anyone see any TV adds that actually mentioned an issue, any issue? I really liked the one from the conservatives complaining about Martin being in bed with the Americans. Like they didn't sell us out to them for 10 years under Mulroney. :rolleyes:
    Bizzar election, I don't think we're any worse off, sure not any better though. I really miss having an actual "Liberal" party. What's Trudeau's kid up to lately? I'd vote for him based on genes alone. :p

4. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Oh, and the mention of Harper wasn't having a soul wasn't the usual politician-snake-oil-salesman bashing. I mean, we all know politicians are skeezy, it doesn't need to be said, that's like saying "The Sun rises in the morning!"

No, I more or less meant the dude is creepy because of his eyes... They look empty, like a Shark's.

Someone in the CGF supplied me with this apt quote from Jaws:

5. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I think that the Conservatives at least deserve a chance to govern, which is what Canada has given them. Giving them a minority government will keep them on a pretty short leash, and I think that they are going to surprise some people. They have no choice but to be moderate and do what is best for all Canadian, or they are going to find themselves out on their butts sooner than later.

I think that quote about the eyes is priceless though, Harper does have cold eyes... he would have made a terrific gunslinger in the old west with eyes like those... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.