main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The Politics of Genocide

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Guys... you're arguing with a guy who thinks homosexuality is a genetic disorder. He's not very bright (or, he's a troll).

2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    or possibly, since he seems to know his exact thinking, literally hitler.

Ender Sai likes this.
  3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I didn't know that. Ugh.

4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    True story.

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

How can he read up on a fiction invented by Communist Jews?

(I assume he's going to go there)

CT-867-5309 and TheSlave_1 like this.
  6. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Hitler had been talking about a final solution since Mein Kampf. The exact definition of what that was that was going to be didn't start to happen until Germany started losing the war against the Soviet Union in 1941. Initially there were early plans to simply move the Jewish population to eastern Europe to live in a vassal state practically as slaves under the Greater German Reich like all of the Slavs and surviving Russians were going to. There were even plans to move Jews to Madagascar or to British colonies in Africa before this began. They started killing in mass to start to conserve resources for the survival and victory of Germany during World War II. This is why the survivors were generally made into slave labor to build munitions and supplies for the war.

7. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    They weren't ****ing losing the war in 1941. They were winning. The Red Army had halted their advance just outside of Moscow; Leningrad was under a protracted siege that would see most of its people (nearly) succumb to starvation; millions of Red Army soldiers had been taken prisoner; Belarus, Ukraine, the Baltics, and western Russia remained under the Third Reich. The USSR was robbed of its economic backbone and a big chunk of its population. The desperate defense of Moscow was a strategic setback for the Germans at best, and in theory the Wermacht could still have taken the city (not that it would have won them the war, as Napoleon could have told them). Germany didn't actually start losing until 1943; no one in the German leadership seriously considered that they might lose the war until then. Don't be delusional.

You either have me on ignore or are just ignoring me. Nazi apologist.

8. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014

They were beginning to lose in late 1941 once the winter and heavy rains on the eastern front halted German advancement past Smoninsk. They failed to meet their objectives past this point. Germany because of a lack of traction and resources became bogged down in the winter snows between 1941 and 1942. They were able to hold ground, but not advanced further. This is the very beginning elements of how the war turns against the Germans. The attempt to capture oil and other resources in Caucuses does occur in 1942, but meets failure as well. This campaign was never going to be sustainable for the Germans to overtake.

All of the fighting had already begun to turn for the Germans by then anyway because the Soviets are able to reorganize, regroup, and mount a defense which repels any significant German advancement except for Case Blue which failed. By this time also, they were at war with the United States, another power to put pressure on German forces in Europe, even if it was simply naval warfare to begin with.

9. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014

I guess you missed my comments of no one having proven homosexuality as either a biological cause or not. No one truly knows at this point in time. If it is of that direction the factors which contribute to it in theory could be categorized as some of those that form a genetic disorder. No one knows though.

10. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014
    I'm denying the Holocaust somehow even though I'm explaining an element which caused the mass exterminations, aka the Holocaust or genocide. Sounds like I don't believe that happened alright. Absolving them of blame? No. Or perhaps I'm explaining one of the key reasons that the Germans converted their early concepts of the final solution from a mass relocation of Jews to conquered territories to mass extermination. That and also mentioning before a comparison how part of the motivation for this genocide was to acquire land and natural resources like ISIS does. That makes sense now. If they had won the war, it's very likely they would've still wiped out the population eventually, especially after General Plan Ost was created. The main factor which caused this transition was the beginning situation for a losing of the war in the east and then ultimately everywhere else as well.

11. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014
    Maybe quote something for a change if you want me to know you responded. I'm not getting alerts another way or following this thread directly.

The form of mass extermination wasn't the initial plan until it changed during the war. It was at first going to begin to a means of creating vassal states out of eastern Europe populated with the minorities which the Nazis opposed such as Jews, Slavs, and others. They intended to replace the population over time in different generations, not necessarily through mass extermination in death camps designed to wipe out the majority of the population. This situation changed instead of making them a population of slave labor, began to eliminate them in mass with the purpose of conserving resources for the war, especially when beginning to lose it and have others for slave labor during the conflict. The idea conceived to eliminate all through death camps didn't truly form until then.

12. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Don't double post, or quadruple post in your case

redlightning The Germans didn't lose the war in late 1941, nor did they lose the war when Operation Barbarossa failed. The failure of Barbarossa ensured that the Nazis couldn't launch a grand campaign across the entire front, but it was a fool's hope to begin with. It wasn't until the success of Operation Uranus and the failure of Citadel (which happened many months part) that the Nazi's were doomed.

Now to get back on topic, Himmler had already started to plan the Final Solution in late July 1941. Before Barbarossa even kicked off, the Nazis had come to the decision to kill all the Jews on the Eastern Front. The Final Solution was the natural outcome of something that was already in play before Hitler even attacked the Soviet Union.

Ender Sai and Jedi Ben like this.
  13. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014
    The Germans BEGAN to lose the war after the invasion of the Soviet Union this was their pinnacle for expansion. They were doomed as soon as the Russian winter set in. After the invasion which was never going to be a success than the war started to turn against the Germans. Declaring war on the United States could be another. They were never going to be able to defeat the Soviet army. It would've been better for Hitler not to have started Operation Barbarossa as that was truly the beginning of the end.

The determination made by Heydrich or last definition of the final solution for all the Jews didn't come into being until the Wannsee Conference in January 1942 where it was officially adopted by all officials of the German military. That plan which was authorized by Goering was more of a research plan which developed into the plans for mass killings. It was vague in solution up until the following year. It wasn't specific of its goal until made with final preparations in lieu of that presentation.

14. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    By that logic the Germans BEGAN to lose the war when Hitler diverted troops to Greece and Yugoslavia. Or when he even launched Barbarossa in the first place, or lost the Battle of Britain. All these things made the final result more likely as did Barbarossa. But like I said before, it wasn't until Uranus and Citadel that the tide had turned for good.

Which makes your point about the Germans panicking after Barbarossa and then deciding to kill the Jews in response, a strange one. They didn't think they were doomed nor were they. Furthermore the Nazis were already in the process of attempting to murder every single Jew in the Soviet Union a month after the invasion commenced. Wannsee was the natural progression of the Nazis' actions up to that point. They didn't say, "well we should commence the killings because we couldn't take Moscow", they had already murdered hundreds of thousands by that point.

15. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014

Barbarossa was the beginning of the end for the Germans and turned the tide. The other territories like Greece and along the Aegean could be subdued. Hitler's aim was never to control Britain, simply sign an armistice with it. His real efforts were being aimed at eastern Europe and the Soviet Union.

The Germans hadn't yet decided until Wannsee that mass extermination was the final solution. They had killed before, but not decided it would be automatic or adopted policy of the military at this point. Germany didn't necessarily see itself as being doomed at this point, simply unable to contribute the needed resources to the war effort while keeping such a large undesirable minority population fed, clothed, and kept in large scale concentration camps. They needed the resources for things like this towards the war effort, which wasn't not going as planned, not necessarily perceived as utterly out of control yet. Plus they needed a source to fund the war from stolen or confiscated property too.

16. TheSlave_1

TheSlave_1 Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 25, 2016
    redlightning I still do not understand where you are getting the notion that they started up the mass killings just because they were defeated in the USSR (which was a huge loss, but not the turning point). The Holocaust occurred in steps. First it was taking away rights of the Jews/other ethnic groups, then riots and pogroms against them, then seizure of their belongings/homes, and then they were forced into ghettos. By 1941, the Jewish(and other ethnic groups) population was completely removed from German society, so then they finally implemented the final solution to exterminate them once and for all. The war didn't affect the holocaust until the end when the Nazis had to try and remove any proof of them committing genocide. Anyways, I'll stop there. This discussion doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

17. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014

The Germans initially had plans to resettle the Jews in the east as part of a vassal state like the Ukraine was going to be. They were to be slave labor effectively meant to support the built up Greater Reich after the war. At first, it wasn't to exterminate them all in a systematic way. Would the Germans have killed them off over generations of slavery and oppression? Sure, eventually. Did they? No, because the chance wasn't given as they intended to. Instead the war turned against Germany in 1941 and in a slowly increasing desperation for resources and labor became the catalyst to begin wiping out the Jews in mass numbers at a very rapid rate through the death camps in that period. Without the war, the mass killing wouldn't have occurred in this manner, but much slower over time.

18. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Let me get this straight, you think the Germans thought the best way to get resources and labor for the war effort was to dedicate materials and resources to the mass execution of the slave work force they were using to make resources for the war?

19. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014

It was one way, it was primarily done out of frustration and desperation after the tide of the war turned against them. This is why the first targets of the camps generally were women and children first. More men survived than not on average. A significant amount of the war effort was also funded from confiscated goods.

20. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014
    Perhaps I should rephrase my point as the losing of the war as the CATALYST for mass killings at such a high volume to begin during the Holocaust. It was already occurring before the war and was planned over generations to unfold. It accelerated dramatically on the scale it did because of the loss of the war.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Are you still upset about Germany's defeat?

22. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
  23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Good move by Germany; they're basically the nation I look to now with the best sense of leadership and purpose for the West.

24. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Never forget. face rose, face heart,

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    lol, sorry for the necropost, Drama from the cancel culture reminded me of this classic thread and meltdown.

blackmyron likes this.