main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Poltergeist

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Senator_Lowla, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senator_Lowla

Senator_Lowla Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2003
    Strange happenings in the temple lead to a discovery of the supernatural

Shadow sat, on the Temple steps, watching her life tick away in front of her. Nothing was going right. Her best padawan had left. He had gone. Gone to do something or other, to do with the Senate. Now she was left, again.

"Shadow!" came a voice behind her. She turned to see the boots of Yoda floating in front of her.

"Master, I'm surprised to see you here!"

"Why, Shadow? Not allowed to roam the building am I?"

"No. I am just surprised" but I wish you wouldn't. You don't expect to see a 2 foot green thing floating behind you every day!

"Shadow. Do not try to hide your innermost thoughts from us. It does not do to lie or deceit people."
    I KNOW. How many times do I need to be told? After all, this must only be the HUNDREDTH time!!!

"Master. Did you want anything in particular?"

"New padawans arrived for you have. Go to the high council room you must!"

"Yes Master Yoda. I will go at once."
    Shadow stood up, and stumbled of, she had been sat down to long

Shadow stood reluctantly in front of a row of young padawans. She had already watched them fight, and she wasn't impressed by any of them in particular. Her last padawan had been much better. She was now watching their ability to handle the force.
    This is SO boring... hang on. Who's that over there? The one who looks all shy and nervous.
    She found herself staring at her. She was a Twi'lek. She must only be about nine.

"Master Windu, who is that over there?"
    Shadow pointed to the Twi'lek.
    "Oh, that is Hadru Faruth."

"She's okay, but she could do with a year or so more training in a group rather than with a master."

"I don't care. I want a private meeting with her!"

"But surely you want someone with more experience"

"Yes, master, I'm sure your right, but I just want to meet her."
    Sometimes people really do need to let others do WHAT THEY WANT! Anyway, I became an apprentice at the age of FIVE!!!!!! Or round about then anyway, I think.

Hadru Faruth sat waiting for Shadow to arrive. It had been three days since she had been told about the request. She was very nervous.
    Why ME? What have I done that's so special? I shouldn't be here, it should be someone like Bant Eerin.

"Don't be so pessimistic Hadru," came a quiet voice by her ear. Hadru jumped. She hadn't heard anyone come into the room. Master Shadow walked over to her desk. She was carrying a large pile of data cards, which she dumped on her desk, before pulling up a chair.

"I guess I gave you a shock."

"You could say that, Master."

"Hadru, I have a proposition for you. How would you like to become my apprentice?"

"ME? Are you sure you got the right person?"

"Yes, I'm positive."

"I don't know what to say."

"How about a yes then!"

"I...I...I guess so. No, I'd love to. I'd be honoured."

"Fine, that's settled then. See you tomorrow at the ninth hour by the lake. Sorry I can't stay longer. I have a meeting with the Jedi Council about 5 minutes ago. If you leave your room number on my desk I?ll come and find you when I?ve finished.?

Shadow stood in front of the Jedi Council. This had to be the worst time to be nervous. All those people staring at you, looking at your thoughts.

"Shadow, why do you want someone so inexperienced?"

"Everything is a challenge. I want to train her Mace."

"But she is too young for you. We have already got your next mission sorted, we will have to give it to someone else."

"Fine, but I will train her." At that minute, Shadow heard a noise and turned to see ... nothing. She stood for the next few minutes listening for the noise.

?Shadow have you been listening to word we?ve been saying?? asked Depa Billaba.

?What? Sorry my mind was else where.?

?Obviously. Anyway have

2. Senator_Lowla

Feb 23, 2003

The chase had lasted for around ten minutes.It had taken them down the stairs, to the ground floor, and down to the basement. The older members had given up. Master Windu had given up when he had got to the ground floor, and Master Gallia had given up at the top of the basement stairs.
    Shadow was the only one left.

She ran down the steps, two at a time. The last four steps were approaching, and her lightsaber was suspended just at the bottom. She paused for a moment... then jjjjuuuuumppppppppped! Her hand stretched out. Her fingertips closed around it... but it was too late her lightsaber had gone. She rolled onto the floor, and cursed, under her breath, at whoever was behind this.

"Damn you. Why did you pick on me."

She had no time to lose. She picked herself up, and was quickly in hot pursuit...again!

WHY does everything happen to me?! No-one else gets as much agro as me.

She was gaining on her lightsaber. She was going to jump again.

If I could just get a bit more power, I'll get it this time! No mistakes for me, I'm a Jedi, we don't make mistakes! Or we're not supposed to anyway.

Shadow jumped. her hand closed around it again, but she knew this time she would keep hold of it. She rolled to the floor clutching her lightsaber tight in her hands.

Hope you like it, there'll be more later.
    :)

3. Senator_Lowla

Feb 23, 2003
    But that wasn't the end of the chase. She carefully got up, making as little noise as possible. She felt eyes watching her, somewhere in the corner behind her... but she wasn't certain.

She turned slowly on her heel. There was the faint outline of a shape in the background, almost out of her range of sight.

Oooooonnneee... tttttwwwwoo...THREE!

Shadow lept. Whatever it was she had seen, moved. She crashed into the wall and slid to the floor. Already dazed,she turned at a noise. A piece of wood, cracked into her head. She slumped to the floor, unconcious. A click in the door indicated that the intruder had left.

It had been two hours since Shadow had last been seen. Hadru had hoped that Shadow would have come some time ago. She was nervous. Her senses were telling her something was wrong. She didn't know what to do. Should she go and tell someone, or should she just wait.

Meanwhile, down in the cellars, a dazed, and semi-concious Shadow was sitting against a wall. She had already tried standing, but had fallen straight back down again, and nearly knocked her fragile self out again.

I'll never be able to walk again! What am I going to do? My legs feel like lead, and my head, well I don't even want to go there!!!

A thump near the door, caused her to very slowly turn her head around. Shadow tried to call out but her voice came out in a whisper.

"Finally, what took you so long???!!!"

"Master Shadow, is that you?" came the voice of Hadru.

"Who's with you Hadru?"

"Eeeerrr... give me a second."

Shadow heard whispering coming from behind the door.

"Shadow. It is I, the great... Adi Gall..."

"Stop being so big headed. Your only a Master, and anyway THAT'S MY LINE!"

"Well, sorry! I was only trying to help!"

"I'm very grateful." said Shadow sarcastically.

"Stand back. I'm coming in."

The door suddenly exploded, and flew to the back of the room. A dust covered Shadow emerged from the rubble.

"Nice of you to warn me!"

Hope you like the drama. [face_devil]

4. Senator_Lowla

Feb 23, 2003

"I know. I'm very good at that kind of thing."

"I was being sarcastic," said Shadow quietly.

"I know, again, so was I," said Adi
    bubbily.

"Yeah, well you try being knocked unconscious by a lump of wood, waking up with a thumping headache, and a lump, and try feeling full of the joys then." Shadow was not in a good mood.

"Master Shadow, are you okay. You can still do the meeting tomorrow, can't you?" said Hadru, a note of panic in her voice.

NO, I feel like I'm the living dead, but I'll soldier on, just for you!!!

"I'll be fine," said Shadow in her most reasuring voice she could manage.

"Right, we'll be off then. Any time you feel like joining us, Shadow, you just come on up."

"Ooohhhhhhhhh no you don't. You're not leaving me down here, on my own again!"

They carefully made their way back up the cellar stairs, with Shadow's lightsaber under her arm.

It was now five minutes to nine. Shadow would be arriving soon. Hadru had set off at about half past eight, just to make sure she was early.

A voice came from behind the bushes.

"My, my, you are eager to impress aren't you?"

"Master Shadow, is that you?"

"Yes, of course it is."

"Then why don't you sound anything like her?"

"That's your first lesson over with, I'm afraid Master Shadow is busy, so I came instead."

Yeah, course she is. You're a liar, and I'm going to find out who you are.

"Hi, Hadru. Sorry I'm a bit late."

Shadow came down the path at a run. She came to a panting stop, and skidded on the gravel path.

"Master, did you send anyone down here instead of you?"

"No, why?"

"Oh, just someone said you did."

:) Hope you like it, it will get spookier!

5. Senator_Lowla

Feb 23, 2003
    "Don't worry, it was probably just someone playing a trick on you. Anyway, you managed to tell it wasn't my voice you were hearing, that is good progress!"

If I'm telling her not to worry, why am I so anxious? Why have I got such a bad feeling building up inside me?

"Do you fancy going for a quick swim before we begin, it might help to relax you a little?"

"I'd love to. It's really hot out here."

Why is Master Shadow so anxious, she seems to be on edge. Anyway she told me not to worry, so everything must be fine, right?

Shadow dived in, head first. Hadru plummeted in after her. Hadru had learnt to swim, but that didn't mean she was any good at it.

It was half an hour later, and Hadru was exhausted. She had been forced to do that much exercise, she thought she would never walk again.

"Master,...h...have we f...finishhhhed yet?"

"Yes, I think that will do for now," said a cheerful Shadow.

YOU'RE not the one who has had to do all the running about, and all the exercise.

"So, when are you going to move your stuff over to my place? Believe me, you don't want to do it on your own!"

"What? You want me to move all my stuff already! Are you sure? I?m afraid I?m a bit of a clutterer!"

"You can't be as bad as me!"

I really WOULDN'T bet on that Master. Thought Hadru to herself.

Two days had passed since Hadru's first lesson.

"Okay, maybe you do have more clutter than me!" panted Shadow after their tenth trip back up the stairs.

"It's nothing compared to Ciu."

"How much has she got?"

"Enough.. for twice as many trips."

more to come later. :)

6. SHADOW13

SHADOW13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2003
    HI Helly

Love the story

classic Shadow in here

7. Senator_Lowla

Feb 23, 2003

The door handle turned in Shadow's hand,a little too quickly for her liking. The door opend, and slammed into the wall.

"Does your door do this every time, or does it just not like me?" asked Hadru.

"No, normally it's very well behaved. I don't know what has got into it today."

"Were you being sarcastic, or telling the truth?"

"What do you think my young, inexperienced padawan?"

"I think that whatever I say you'll just change your answer, but I think your being sarcastic."

"I won't and your right."

They turned around, and saw... a mess, the room was in a mess. Everything had been tipped upide down, and drawers had been turned inside out.

"I'll tell you now, it wasn't like this when we left. What happened?" cried Shadow.

"I know. Who are we going to tell?"

"No-one."

i haven't had a lot of time to do my story recently, hope you enjoy. [face_devil]

8. SHADOW13

Jan 20, 2003
    hihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihi

I think you get the picture how but just incase you don't I was saying hello

9. Senator_Lowla

Feb 23, 2003
    "Why?"

"It would sound just a LITTLE strange if we told them that our room had been trashed in the space of 5 minutes, don't you think?"

Both Shadow and Hadru, walked into the room, slowly. They turned...

"What was that?"

A small noise had come from under Shadow's bed. Cautiously, they moved towards the source.

"On the count of one. ONE!"

They pounced. They fell... they crashed on to the floor. The maker of the noise came out into the open air... it was the cat!

"Tiggy, what the hell are you doing?"

still haven't managed to write that much [face_devil]

10. Senator_Lowla

Feb 23, 2003
    Tiggy stared back at her with her big, round eyes.

I've got a really bad feeling that Tiggy knows more than we do, about what's going on, but WHY?

"Miiiooooooooaaaaaaaawwwww."

"Shadow, what's going on? Why are you looking at Tiggy like that?"

"Oh, it's nothing, just wondering."

"About what?"

Now what do I say? Do I trust her enough to tell her what I'm thinking, or do I just spin her a tale to cover my own back? I guess I've got to try and tell her at least some of what's been going on, she has a right to know.

(I don't have any more time to write any more :p )

11. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Before borrowing an original character such as Hadru Faruth from another author (me), it's usually a good idea to PM that author and ask for permission. Then you should acknowledge the author in your first post and maybe even give a link to the story where you found that character.

I'm not too annoyed, because I see that you are both young and inexperienced. I just wanted to point it out so that you're aware of the procedure for next time.

12. Senator_Lowla

Feb 23, 2003

It had been three days since the incident in Shadow's room, but that hadn't been the end of it. Every day, or night, something different happened. Last night had been the worst. Shadow and Hadru had been settling down to sleep, when the door had creaked open. Shadow went to investigate. The noise grew until it turned into a wailing. Then as suddenly as it had started it stopped.

Later, just when they were about to sleep, the noise had started again, then finished. They had got no sleep, what so ever, that night, and now they were trying to make up for it.

"Shadow, won't anyone be looking for us?"

"Doubt it, why should they?"

13. Senator_Lowla

Feb 23, 2003

"Ah, Shadow, here you are," came the voice of Master Windu.

"I thought you said that no-one would be looking for us," said Hadru.

"So did I, but I guess I was wrong," said Shadow as she pulled a pillow over her head. It was a bad attempt to block out the outside world.

"Nice to see you so happy Shadow! The council wish to see you and Hadru, now."

"Okay, we'll be there soon," muttered Shadow as she rolled over to face the wall.

"No, now Shadow."

"Not that anyone actually cares, but I really don't want to get up..." ..and see a load of OAPs arguing about what I should do!

14. SHADOW13

Jan 20, 2003
    Please ignore the fact it says Shadow13 i'm just writing up for Senator_lowla.

Shadow was worried. The strange events had stopped, but she didn't know why. Yesterday she had been asked to see the High Council. They had just wanted to 'talk' to her. They said they were worried about the way she had been behaving recently.
    Why can't they just leave my alone? If I tell them I think I'm been stalked by a poltergeist they'll think I'm mad, won't they?
    "Why don't you try us?" Came a voice from behind her.
    "How did you get in without me hearing Master Gallia?"
    "You seem so wrapped up at the moment, I'm not suprised you didn't hear me." replied the voice of Adi Gallia.
    "Master why don't you just tell them what's going on?"
    "I can't Hadru, Adi, you know I can't, I can't think of a sensible way to put it and since I told Adi about it everything stopped and everyone will think I'm insane or something."
    "That's not my problem Shadow," her friend replied. A creak in the corridor stopped the converstation abruptly.
    "Quick that could be it!" hissed Shadow quietly so as not to alert whatever was in the corridor to the fact they knew it was there.
    "Could be what?"
    "The poltergeist," explained Hadru, as she ducked beneath a nearby table.
    "Adi, you get something to put it in, I'll grab it from behind, and you Hadru, stay out of the way."
    "Thanks," said Hadru under her breath, though she was secretly grateful that thing was dangerous. The door handle rattled and turned. Shadow tensed ready to pounce, her cat-like skills and reflexes made her a particularly huntress and was therefore used to pouncing. The door opened slowly
    One...Two...Three!
    In a whirlwind of power, Shadow launched herself forward and grabbed the mystery invader. Adi flung a bag over it and picked it up.
    "Out you will let me now!" came the voice from the inside.

I'll put the rest of this up later but I've got to go now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.