main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Pool

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by Jjanda_Solo, Jun 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jobo

Jobo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2000
    Hubba hubba :D
    _jOBO

2. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    See what I mean? How could Link control himself around a female like that? ;)

3. Jobo

Aug 14, 2000
    I sure can't *makes image wallpaper*
    _jOBO

4. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    Cool. :) That reminds me, I should choose my own wallpaper sometime soon. This default is getting boring.

Anyway, I'm getting a bit tired, and my throat has been hurting all day. I'd better go to bed before I get any sicker.
    Seeya tomorrow! It was nice chatting with you, Jobo. :)

5. Jobo

Aug 14, 2000
    See ya Meg!
    _jOBO

6. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    [image=http://www.bonas.com/images/pool.jpg]

Great day for a swim! :D

7. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I'd say!

8. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Hey Casper! How was dinner?

9. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Nice, thanks. Nothing really shocking. But as always, I wanted them to leave after three hours and they weren't really planning to.

So I sort of quieted down and looked at the clock a couple of times. That sped things up. :D

10. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    :D

Yeah, that'll do the trick. Work is totally dead again today. I keep thinking maybe we're actually supposed to be closed this weekend but nobody told me.

11. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001

[face_laugh]

That'd be something. How was the concert?

12. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Oh, the concert in the park? It was okay, nothing spectacular... a guy with acoustic guitar mostly singing folk stuff, accompanied only by a saxaphone player. It was a nice day, and it was fun to hang out with the family so it was good.

13. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Cool. My last concert was when I went to see Billy Bob with Juliette.

And that... Oh, the horror...

14. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Oh man, I'm sorry.

I don't really want to say anything because I don't want to jinx it, but I might have a chance to go to a cool concert, and even have my band play there this coming Friday. I'll find out if it's going to happen hopefully tomorrow.

15. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Hey, cool!

Who knows -- maybe it's going to be The Big One.

16. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Okay, I'll spill the beans, I'm not really that superstitious anyway. :D

The show is David Bowie and Moby. It's this huge festival type concert at this enormous outdoor venue called "The Gorge Amphitheater" right next to the Columbia River and only about a half hour drive away from here. If we did get the gig (supposedly we have about a 50% chance) we would be playing one of the smaller side stages.

It would be worth it just to be able to go and see Bowie, maybe even have backstage passes. If I wanted to pay to go see the show general admission is like $80 so there's no way that's going to happen.

So, we'll see what happens.

17. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Very cool, Tom!

That's something else, isn't it? Maybe something new and exciting presents itself there somewhere, waiting for you.

18. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah, it would be very cool. It won't be the end of the world if it doesn't happen though. At the very least, the possibility of playing this show has given us the incentive to finally put a new set together and practice a bit.

So when other opportunities arise we'll be ready! :D

19. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Yeah, if it doesn't happen then, it'll happen sometime later, if it's meant to happen.

Any idea what you're going to do? Set list? Put on a bit of a show?

20. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah we've got our set list pretty much all put together. It's about 40 minutes of all new songs. In fact we haven't even done the final mix on most of the songs. Once we do I'll put them up on the web.

21. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    And a show? Little jokes or things in-between songs?

"This next song was written by George Formby..."

I believe that -- the little cabaret club band entertainment thing -- is going to become one of the things of the future.

22. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    [face_laugh]

We only talk a bit between songs, and it's usually pretty spontaneous. We did work out some really silly dance moves for this one part where everything breaks down into just a drum beat though. :D

23. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Oh, cool. That's cool. It sounds a bit stupid, but I always think I have an antenna for that sort of thing: what works in showbiz, and what doesn't.

What an audience likes to see, I think, is vulnerability. A singer forgetting the words, having to laugh, reacting to something the audience does.

But I'll shut up. You're the one who's (probably) got the show, not me. :D

24. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    I wouldn't say that. I've been performing music for about 8 years, but "putting on a show" is something that I'm still just learning how to do.

All I know is that it shouldn't seem fake or contrived. Even if what you're doing is silly and fun the emotion behind it should be sincere... you have to want to be there.

25. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Yep, definitely. As long as you really enjoy it, the audience will pick up on that. And that's half of what you need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.