main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Possibillity of Palpatine's Ghost....

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LottDodd, Nov 15, 2012.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    NO to 90% of your posts. The 10% excluded are when you have said "Hello", "Not sure", or just about any other 1-2 syllable statements.

2. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    yes, that's right. He's not even meant to know that Dagobah exists.

3. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Oh Palpatine... I don't think we'll have a literal ghost, but his influence will certainly be felt in the state of the Galaxy.

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Well, then your pov is wrong because it is canon whether you like it or not.

5. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Perhaps, but it won't change the fact that Palpatine's ghost will not be appearing in Episode VII.

6. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Star Wars VII: The Revelation of Plagueis? Who would you rather see return in the big screen, besides Vader? Plagueis or Sideous? What about Tenebrous or even Bane?

7. lord_eidolon

Feb 2, 2004
    I love trolls.

8. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Where's the ignore button?

9. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I don't want to see palps ghost, so that is fine with me. Palpatine is trapped in the netherworld with countless Jedi spirits anyways iirc.

thesevegetables likes this.
  10. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Some say that jedi learned the force-ghost after they died. It makes me wonder if the sith can learn things, too, after they die, as well.

11. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    so tempting.

12. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    It's not a Sith thing.

13. lord_eidolon

Feb 2, 2004
    The netherworld should only be vaguely alluded to at the most. Things like that should be left open to viewer interpretation as much as possible. Which is why the midichlorians were so unpopular.

I love how the word 'midichlorian' actually comes up in my phone's spellchecker. That's awesomeness.

thesevegetables likes this.
  14. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
  15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Some need to ask themselves why we don't see Force ghosts of Plo Koon, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Mace, and Aayla Secura.

16. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012

exactly.... this is what i am asking.... i want to see more jedi ghosts

17. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Click on his avatar it will give you the option you are looking for, at the moment I'm finding it comical, ...we'll see how long that lasts.

18. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    huh, that is actually easier than i thought. Still going to watch this train wreck though.

19. cherrygumball

cherrygumball Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2012
    no it should be plaigus

20. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I would fall into that camp. In the Mortis episodes, when Qui-Gon appears to Obi-Wan and Obi-Wan asks how it is possible that he is there, he doesn't respond, "I learned it from the Shaman of the Whills, it is a power taught not granted.... yadda, yadda, etc, etc," he gives some cryptic explanation that he is there because Obi-Wan is there and that the planet acts as a conduit for the Force. His presence seemed tied to the nature of the planet. Then later Father dies and his body becomes one with the Force and is the first known to do so. If they chose to go the route that Qui-Gon learned the power from Father posthumously, I see no problems with that. As to why Plo Koon etc, did not learn, because apparently Qui-Gon is a jerk. For an ability that cannot be "granted," Yoda and Obi-Wan seem to have no problem in rescuing Anakin and helping him become one with the Force despite him having already died aboard the Death Star and having had no prior communication with them. Did Qui-Gon rescue any of his fellow Jedi as they died, who knows?

21. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    That's the "taught" part. Taught by Yoda and Obi-Wan, not granted by the Force.

22. lord_eidolon

Feb 2, 2004
  23. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    It seems that GL is sticking to the idea of no Sith Ghosts (explained in a video abt Mortis). They explained the Eu stuff somewhere, that dark side spirits are local, attached to an object or place, with limited consciousness or something, anyone have the quote?

24. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    And I do not want Ian McDiarmid in VII!!!

...I want him to be too busy doing the LAS :)

25. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I've already seen Palpatine's Force Ghost in Robot Chicken, so it's not really necessary in Ep. 7.