main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The post-TUF Jedi and their biggest problems

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Revanfan1, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I think he's referring to Tython.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  2. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Difficult to reach would be far more descriptive of Tython than Ossus, Tython was actually lost to the galaxy for a time and its still obscure for a reason.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    And Ossus was not?

4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Even if that was the case, which I am not sure it is, the only times the Ossus academy was found were times when they were guided by Force sensitives. The GAG was given the location of Ossus by Darth Caedus, and the Lost Tribe of the Sith found it either by themselves, via Abeloth, or in the Jedi Temple's Archives (can't remember which).

5. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Ossus fell into obscurity due to the effects of the Cron Supernova during the Great Sith War, and was only difficult to reach because of that event, while Tython is known to be incredibly challenging to reach due to being located in the Galactic Core, even being lost to the galaxy after the Jedi left the system until the time of the Great Galactic War.

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    It seems I need to reread the Dark Empire saga. Because the way I remember it the space around Ossus was of that kind that you could not take the same route there twice

7. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Really? Well I don't even recall Ossus being in DE, so I don't actually know if that's the case or not. Hold on, browsing the Wook...found this.

If the planet was a popular world, I doubt it was hard to find...also:

How would the Vong know how to get to Ossus if the space was warped like that? However, it also says that Ossus was "rediscovered" by Luke and Kam in DE, so it's possible that it was just temporarily lost to the galaxy.

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Just looked in on the Wook and it seems I really need to reread Dark Empire, or lots of retcons have happened.

Skywalker Thing likes this.
  9. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I could never really get into Dark Empire, personally. Think it was the art.

Gorefiend likes this.
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I think I hade some problems with the art when it first come out but when I read it earlier this year I found that I really like it:) . Well, except for Emperor's End

also if it is the later, this is what I need to do

Revanfan1 likes this.
  11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Shedu Maad is also tricky to find.
    Being in the Transitory Mists and all.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  12. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008

that was my problem with it. I bought the tpb's years after they initially came out, and i thought the art was choppy and poor. It took me awhile to realize they existed. For a few years i was wondering what happened to Luke prior to JAT, that he went to the dark side. I thought i was missing a novel, only to find out about the comics later.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    That the jedis accts were declared vigilantism could be seen as a sign of anti-jedi belief

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.