main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The potential for Superstations/Superweapons in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Eddie, Jun 17, 2013.

1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012

2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yea, but it could also be something like the KotoR Star Forge or a killer virus production plant that could serve as the something that needs to be taken down from the inside.

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007

So the fourth Death Star will stay up.

4. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    No more Death Stars. Surely all the people involved in SW in this new era can think of new and different ways to terrorize the galaxy! LOL :p

Sarge likes this.
  5. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    If Gary Kurtz was involved, I'm sure there'll be no death stars. It would be pretty cool to get him on board. Though it's highly unlikely, since Lucas will have this "advisor" spot and everybody knows things didn't end up well between the 2 of them.

6. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004

No, the fourth one will get caught in a time vortex, will have to be evacuated and will be transported 1,000 years into the past to help fight the last great Sith-Jedi war.

No, it will be Death Star 5 that will be the last, best hope for peace...

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder if ESB's internet popularity comes from its lack of a Death Star.

8. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    If there is an EMPIRE there probably will be a new DS. Hopefully a bit more of a "threat" then just a big beach ball in space.

If there is a NEW evil, then I dont think there will be a DS. They will however have cool new Star Destroyers and some sort of a cool base.

Since I dont think there will be a fully functioning EMPIRE, I dont think we see a Death Star.

-C

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    If there's a new Death Star, will Death Planets orbit it?

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  10. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Again with people wanting to see same old, same old.
    It was heroes, it was villains, it was background characters, it was clearly dead people...now it's Death Stars.

I mean, really now, why? Why would you want to see something you've seen already, not once but twice?

11. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The EU was full of OT plot re-hashes where someone built an ultimate super-weapon and it got destroyed.

The Galaxy Gun, Sun Crusher, Eclipse Star Destroyer etc

One of the reasons ROTJ is not often as highly rated in the OT is because of the Death Star plot it has which is seen as copying ANH.

That is not original storytelling, that is copying for a cash-in. The new movies need to go in a new fresh direction.

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Post-ROTJ Death Stars > Post-ROTJ Sith

13. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Please no. Two Death Stars were enough.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  14. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    There should be a fleet of 'Super Death Stars', all of them the size of Jupiter. Each will be commanded by a 'Dread Lord' (genetically engineered Sith with massive midi-chlorian counts) who shield the fleet behind 'Force Fields', literally impenetrable energy fields generated by the Dark Side. The fleet goes around destroying entire solar systems. Wedge Antilles leads Rogue Squadron on a kamikaze mission to stop the fleet before it destroys Tython, new capital planet of the Republic and home of the Jedi Council. They are all wiped out. Luke Skywalker -- who has been studying Advanced Jedi Bendu techniques under the tutelage of Force Ghost Qui Gon -- Force-pushes the entire fleet into a black hole. Afterwards, Force Ghost Ani appears to say, "That was really wizard, son!"

15. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Yeah, that would rock, E7 could go overbudget too, just like almost every other film Kurtz has produced!

darklordoftech likes this.
  16. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    I don't think I could get on board with another Death Star. It;d be a bridge too far over my 'suspension of disbelief' line. I bought it in Return because, hell, it's the Emperor's! The Emperor can do what he wants. But a Death Star being built after the Emperor's dead? After two of them have been destroyed? Nah. Couldn't believe it. Not for a second.

But the rumor of a new Death Star? That's something I can get behind. That's the kind of thing that Luke Skywalker, Leia and Han Solo might need to take notice of (and do things to stop).

Force Smuggler likes this.
  17. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    Technically this will be the seventh Star Wars film.

They don't even have to call it a Death Star or shape it like a sphere. Call it the... Galaxy Gun, or something.

Dra--- likes this.
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    MODified: Title edited at author's request.

darklordoftech likes this.
  19. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Death Star

Sphere of Fear

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Primary Shape Assault!!!

21. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Where's that pyramid from?

22. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Pyramid is from StarGate.

As for another Death Star, I would rather see something different. Consider the Death Star a pet project the Emperor figured to be the "ultimate power in the universe". Now that he is gone I'm sure others will have unique ideas to bring destruction to the galaxy. Why continue to build something that has failed twice?

Darth Eddie likes this.
  23. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    I'd rather that there are no super weapons, just super star destroyers and super evil antagonists.

24. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    I'd rather that there was a super script; the other super-things will take care of themselves.

25. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    I don't want to draw the line at just spherical things here...

[​IMG]