The Potters House Devotional thread

Discussion in 'Mojave Desert CA' started by Stridarious, Feb 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I really enjoyed reading the list of 6 ways to get in the word of God. I might try some of those things for they sound fulfilling. :)
    With all this, it's strange how in Global when talking about Rome we talked of Christianity forming and how they were segregated at first and then Constantine had the Epict of Mila to stop that and Christianity became the official language of Rome. It's interesting how the religions, Islam, Judaism, and Christianity have similarities. I mean all speak of a flood story, and Jerusalem is holy to all religions. It's neat learning of all the different religions, and then there was the discussion of if there being no religion that many conflicts would not be here. I see religion as a way of explaining some things that are difficult to explain, and I mean with Islam they have one god Allah, but many faces. All those three religions I listed believe in the one God. Then there's the discussion of Rome being the cause of Jesus' death, and the Jews. I mean I learned more of Christianity in Global and the Ten Commandments and etc. I'm glad I know a lot more than I did before. :)
  2. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oh, hey welcome Mertroid. Its great to see us all gathering here as a body to help strengthen eachother in the body and unity of Christ, via devotions and many other things.

As I stated before many changes will be occuring with this thread's main title, and as so, I ask for you all to pray for me as I need that time to actually complete my work on it 8-} .
  3. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah it is, and hey take your time. :)
    We know you're busy so whenever you fix it it's fixed. :)
  4. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Mertroid, finally we meet! Hullo! :D

Alex, you have my support, always. :) Don't worry, we will all ge throught this...and our prayers are with you. :)

God is a miracle worker...let's believe that He will work things out for the best! :D

God Bless both of you,

Pash
  5. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hello Jedi_Humaira_Blaine, it's a pleasure to finally meet you too after seeing your posts and etc. :)
    Yes we will get through this and this should be very educating and I'll be learning the most I ever have on Christianity. :)
  6. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Okay, sorry for my time away from here over the past few day as not posting helpful info (ie: Studies). I finally have a clear picture as to what God wants me to post herein.

The concept is that of prayer. Now it took me a few days but God reached through and re-kindled a idea that lay doriment for sometime now.

Prayer is a powerful weapon, yet many times we as believers pray hoping to find it occuring before our eyes. And this story as an example is just that! ;)

"One day a man sat outside on a large boulder. A voice came to him and he automatically registered it as God.
    Now God told him to PUSH that boulder. Now, the man did as he was told, and for many days he pushed at it, moving it little by little.
    Later that year God came to him agian. The man replied, 'I have done what you have told me, yet have seen no such luck nor sign of anything.'
    God simply replied, '...but you have!'
    God pointed to the rock which was now a many feet from where it lay before.
    PUSH (Pray Until Something Happens)"

Do you see? That man was waiting for this big movement, yet small steps moved that rock just as prayer in can move many other things. Just wait and continue to pray, you'll see some boulders slowly moved out of your way in your own life! :D
  7. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I think this is an excellent lesson in perseverence and simply praying...until God works. :)

We tend to give up too easily and I can honestly say that I do that a lot. I give up when I don't see a difference...

But Jesus wants us to keep at it...not just give up coz we feel we haven't gotten anywhere.
  8. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have heard that story before. Very fulfilling and a great message. Very powerful :)
  9. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yes, the idea is simple, yet as stated above, not many do it. I mean I can agree with the statements made herein. I mean, if I don't see a immediate change or response I'm not going to continue.

Thats one thing God continues to show me through this study group we have here. And the problems that occur outside of here :( .
  10. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Prayer does help and I mean sometimes I just end up, this might sound crazy but I'll talk to God out loud when no one is around, I'll talk and talk and pray and hope he hears me. I'll pray every night and thank him and talk. It helps relieve stress and other things. It's quite fulfilling :)
  11. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    It's not crazy at all, dear. :) I do it too. So does my mum...she'll be singing away in her car and praying.

There are times when I say" Lord, why is this happening...help me Lord..."

During difficult situations and when I'm stressed out too...I talk. If there are people around me I just murmur or whisper it...God understands.

He loves when we talk to him. :D
  12. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thank goodness it's not crazy, and I do that, when something happens I ask why and etc, but sometimes it's weird how I can hear him talk, it was during the summer one day when the sun came out of the clouds I heard something speaking, it was overwhelming. :)
    That might be crazy but I heard it, has anyone else experienced this?
  13. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Well, I believe we usually hear that still small voice... [face_love]

Actually I've had instances where I've wanted to say something and I've been promted quite clearly not to do so...for example in arguments...

I know it was a prompting of the Holy Spirit.

That's interesting Mertroid...do you mean, within your mind or audibly? :)

14. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I think she means that she can hear his voice as clear as you can when hearing someone on the other end of the phone :) .

I feel that God speaks to me through Bible verses and mental images, such as to help me understand what I just digested while studying the bible ;) .
  15. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well it's a mixture of both, I swear it was just overwhelming, tears had come to my eyes and what the voice was saying was just unbelievable. :)
    Yeah when I read this book my friend Jessica has it really spoke to me, it was about God and things with Christianity. Amazing what happens to us and what we hear. :)
  16. TheOmen Jedi Knight

star 2
    I hear voices....but they are they telling me to do bad things to bad people....
  17. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    God speaks to us through His word...yes! :)

Also, I find that through a pastor's sermon, a stranger's testimony of faith and even a song...Jesus speaks to us. It has happened to me...

I often get emotional during worshop because I know words that I'm singing apply to me and God is showing me where I am going wrong...He's speaking to me even as I worship Him in song.

He is truly Amazing! :D
  18. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    He is :)
    And The Omen, that's not too good of what voices tell you to do. That's Satan talking to you there
  19. TheOmen Jedi Knight

star 2
  20. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well it is the Halloween time of the season too :p
  21. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, allow me to share something with each of you. This past weekend has been a great one. And as so, I was able to finally celebrate my B-Day. As a gift I recieved many things, inspirational items. However, one has enabled me to increase my studies of the bible further. It is: "Quick Verse 7.0" :)

Oh, it is a great program with well over 20 different forms of the bible and over 1800 reference guides and helpers booklets ;) .

Plus it has this really cool Daily devotional, which I will share with each of you! :D
    Impulsiveness or Discipleship?

?But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith ? (Jude 20).

There was nothing of the nature of impulsive or thoughtless action about our Lord, but only a calm strength that never got into a panic. Most of us develop our Christianity along the lines of our own nature, not along the lines of God?s nature. Impulsiveness is a trait of the natural life, and our Lord always ignores it, because it hinders the development of the life of a disciple. Watch how the Spirit of God gives a sense of restraint to impulsiveness, suddenly bringing us a feeling of self-conscious foolishness, which makes us instantly want to vindicate ourselves. Impulsiveness is all right in a child, but is disastrous in a man or woman?an impulsive adult is always a spoiled person. Impulsiveness needs to be trained into intuition through discipline.
    Discipleship is built entirely on the supernatural grace of God. Walking on water is easy to someone with impulsive boldness, but walking on dry land as a disciple of Jesus Christ is something altogether different. Peter walked on the water to go to Jesus, but he ?followed Him at a distance? on dry land (Mark 14:54). We do not need the grace of God to withstand crises?human nature and pride are sufficient for us to face the stress and strain magnificently. But it does require the supernatural grace of God to live twenty-four hours of every day as a saint, going through drudgery, and living an ordinary, unnoticed, and ignored existence as a disciple of Jesus. It is ingrained in us that we have to do exceptional things for God?but we do not. We have to be exceptional in the ordinary things of life, and holy on the ordinary streets, among ordinary people?and this is not learned in five minutes./>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.