main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Power of the Darkside(What if Obi-Wan became Vader): Teaser Post: 2/13/2003

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Johnson, Jul 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    I just came up with this idea for a story. I'm already writing Breaking of the Balance but when I came up with this idea I decided i had to write it. The premise is, what if Obi-Wan became Vader and Anakin stayed true to the lightside of the Force? But for this to happen I will slightly alter the events of AOTC. I will give the info below.

Background: All events remain the same in AOTC until the point where Anakin and Padme learn that Obi-Wan has been captured. After this point things will be different. Anakin and Padme go to Geonosis to save Obi-Wan and are captured. Once they are captured Count Dooku claims no knowledge of where Obi-Wan is. Dooku then sends Anakin and Padme to the arena to die. At this point the Jedi intervene to save Anakin and Padme. The Jedi alone are able to fight the droids and by the time the clones arrive few droids remain. But while the Jedi are fighting, Dooku attemptes to escape and is confronted by Anakin and Mace Windu. Both Anakin and Mace are defeated and Dooku escapes the planet. During this time Yoda is unable to interve because he is fighting Jango Fett. The story picks up with the aftermath of the battle and the Jedi wondering where Obi-Wan Kenobi is........

Well, thats it for the backgound. I'll try and post the first section tonight or tomorrow morning. Please, let me know what you all think. Feedback is greatly appreaciated.

J_J

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars. It is owned by the great flanneled one himself George Lucas. Translation = DON'T SUE ME! :)

2. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    This sounds very interesting! I was actually thinking of writing something similiar.

I will be reading

3. Alida

Alida Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2002
    Sounds very interesting...and unlike any plots I've read before. :D

Can't wait to see the first installment.

Alida (Who would use exclamation points, but they're taped down right now...)

4. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    Sounds excellent, JJ. Looking forward to it.

5. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Dark Obi? [face_devil] I think I could like this.

~Swede :p

6. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    I like the sound of this, for similar reasons as TheSwedishJedi--I like lightside Anis. :)

7. Pokey

Pokey Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    Intresting idea, I can't wait!

8. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    Wow, thanks for all the responses, the first post should be up tonight. I have some finishing touches to do on it.

9. Lolipon

Lolipon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 28, 1999
    I had a similar plot bunny where Obi turned & not anakin, but it the story would have taken place during the OT & I hadn't worked out the details. (plus I can't get my lazy bum around to actually finishing anything :) )

This looks interesting. I wonder if he has already turned or if Dooku is just keeping him around until he does turn...
    Can't wait for the first post!

10. Alida

Jun 4, 2002
    *looks at thread hopefully, then sighs as she sees no updates*

:(

Soon? *crosses fingers*

EDIT: Ha! Didn't see that...tonight? Really? I feel like jumping. :D

11. Padawan_Willow02

Padawan_Willow02 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2002
    Ooooo...Dark Obi...Cool! [face_devil]I've always wondered what would happen if Obi had turned and not Ani but Obi as Vader? Now THAT is COOL!!!! Post soon? Please?

12. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    Here it is. The first post. Sorry its kinda short, but the Obi part I had written turned out bad. I promise Obi will be in the next post. BTW this story is TAGGED. I think the next post will be up on Wendesday. I'm going on a family trip tomorrow... so if I'm still alive after that I'll try and write up more. Enjoy the post, and let me know what you all think.

2 Hours Post Arena Battle?.

Anakin Skywalker sat in the middle of the battle arena on the rimworld Geonosis. Though droid parts surrounded him he paid them no mind, which was very out of character for him. Days earlier his master Obi-Wan Kenobi had disappeared while on a mission for the Jedi Council. Anakin sat among the droid parts in deep concentration. He and Senator Padme Amidala had risked their lives to try and save Kenobi, but once they found Geonosis, there was no sign of Kenobi. Count Dooku had claimed not to have seen the Jedi Master. Anakin paused as the thought of Dooku put a scowl on his face. Using the Force he calmed himself as he continued to try to find his Master. Dooku had caused many problems for the young padawan. First he sentenced Anakin and Padme to their deaths in the arena. Luckily, the Jedi had intervened and saved the lives of the two. As he thought, Anakin realized he never feared for his own life, only that of Padme. He shrugged his shoulders, that was something to worry about at a later time. Right now Anakin?s first priority was finding Obi-Wan, he knew Padme would always be there for him. He calmed himself much like Obi-Wan had taught him and fell into the Force.

Standing across the courtyard Jedi Master Mace Windu watched the young padawan concentrate. No Mace corrected himself, the young Jedi Knight. Mace had come to believe the boy had done more than the trials would have required of him. The boy had held his own against Count Dooku. Mace looked out at Anakin again, watching as the sun beat down on him and smiled. Perhaps something good had happened during the boy?s time on Tatooine. As Mace continued watching, he saw the boy?s face contort into an expression of anger followed by a whispered curse, no doubt learned while pod racing. Mace stepped forward intending to remind the boy to remain calm and not succumb to anger, but he stopped himself. In face Mace felt nearly as helpless as young Anakin Skywalker did. A wry grin appeared on his face, the great Jedi Master Mace Windu was powerless to find his friend Obi-Wan Kenobi. And as time progressed it seemed less and less likely that Kenobi still lived. Glancing over his shoulder, he saw Senator Amidala approaching. He bowed slightly, ?Senator.?

The young senator smiled slightly, ?Master Windu, has there been any news??

The Jedi Master frowned again, ?No. No new news.?

Padme frowned and glanced at Anakin. ?Ani thinks Obi-Wan is still alive. But the rest of you seem to think he is already dead.?

Mace frowned at the use of Anakin?s childhood name. Anakin and the Senator were too close, but right now it wouldn?t be fair to separate them. The young man had just lost his Master, so he shouldn?t have to lose his friend. ?I hope he isn?t Senator Amidala. But even if Obi-Wan has died, Anakin would be the last person to admit it. Masters and padawans bond in very unique ways. It would be unusual for one not to feel the passing of the other.?

The senator nodded and looked directly into Windu?s eyes. ?Don?t let Anakin give up searching. If he believes Obi-Wan is still alive that?s good enough for me.? Senator Amidala sighed softly and turned to look at Anakin. ?I don?t know how he deals with losing all the people around him.? She paused before continuing, ?Master Windu do you realize that Anakin has lost both his mother and the closest thing he has to a father in less than a two day span??

Mace paused, as the reasons behind Anakin?s mood became clearer. ?No I didn?t realize his mother had died.?

She nodded. ?He?s trying to hide it, but you can tell how much he hu

13. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    This looks like an incredible story premise and you have a really easy-to-read writing style. I hope you keep up this story.

14. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Love it so far, JJ :D I've been waiting to reply until I got to read the first post ;)

15. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    Goddess_Jaya: Thanks. I think this story is a little easier for me to write than my other one. I plan on trying to update daily when I get back from scout camp.

JPS: Thanks, I think this story is going to be fun to write. Its better than my other one too. Thanks for checking it out.

J_J

16. Alida

Jun 4, 2002
    *beams* It's very nice so far, even if Obi-Wan hasn't made an appearance yet. Now that I think of him actually...*starts worrying* Bad enough when he only had to deal with Dooku, now he has Dooku AND Sidious to contend with. The odds aren't in favor for him. :(

Despite my deep hatred for Anakin, I find this Anakin tolerable. Although he certainly forgot about Obi-Wan rather quickly when Padme went to him. :mad:

Good start, hope to see more Wednesday. :)

17. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    Anakin didn't forget Obi-Wan. The others seem to though.... Ooops, maybe that was too much info. :D Besides in the end of his conversation with Padme its all about Obi and Shimi.

18. Padawan_Willow02

Padawan_Willow02 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2002
    *dabs at her eyes with tissue* How sad! Poor Anikan... Never thought I'd be saying it...*takes deep breath to stop herself from going to hystarics* Hope to see Obi in the next one! Good luck on that trip!! UP!!

19. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    *bookmarks this one*

Hey now, there's a loose plot bunny that's been domesticated!

I look forward to more!

20. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Poor Obi! :_|

21. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Alright, someone has to say it...this thread seems to have been bombarded by Obi-Wan fans and Anakin-haters...

POOR ANI! :_| :_| :_| :_| He's lost his mother and his master within a couple of days! :_| *sniffles* *reaches for a tissue*

Good post, Jedi_Johnson.

22. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    I agree w/ the "poor Ani" :( Poor kid. And now who knows what'll happen to him? He may have to face a Dark Obi later on ;)

23. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    Wow... thanks for all the replies everyone. I just got back from my trip. We drove from my Grandma's house to go see the Air Force Mueaseam (sp.) in Ohio. Its a great place. But don't worry. The next post will be Obi-Wan... [face_devil] :D See-ya all tomorrow.

J_J

24. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Good so far. So was Dooku really telling the truth and he doesn't know where Obi is or does he have him stashed away somewhere so he can get fitted for the suit?

Can't wait for more.

~Swede :p

25. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    Here it is, the new post. Like I promised Obi-Wan is in it. That's the good news, now its time for a little bad news. I've gotta drive back home tomorrow, so there won't be a new post until Sunday or Monday. But I promise it will be good. :D Sorry about that, but once I'm homa again I can post on a regular schedule.

Enjoy the new post, and remeber feedback is most appreciated

J_J

_________
    Deep Space: Location Unknown

A sleek silver starship hurtled through space. Inside the cabin a tall man sat hunched over the pilot?s chair in deep thought. A loud beep filled the cabin and the man reached out and flipped a switch filling the cockpit with a loud humming noise. Seconds later the holo-pad activated showing an older man in a dark cloak. ?My apprentice. Did you succeed?? the hologram asked.

Count Dooku, a former Jedi bowed before the image. ?Only in part my Lord.? Dooku glanced up at the holo and although he could not see the other man?s face he could imagine the look of displeasure coloring it.

?Lord Tyranus, I expected better from you. What have you failed to do?? The holographic figure raised his head slightly, and Dooku lowered his head, fearful of meeting his Master'? gaze.

?Lord Sideous, Master Windu is not dead. A Jedi Padawan interfered, and I was forced to retreat.?

Sideous looked at Dooku in disbelief, ?My apprentice you were defeated my a Padawan? Perhaps you are not as powerful as I had foreseen.?

Dooku took a second to calm himself. ?My lord it was Anakin Skywalker??

Sideous interrupted, suddenly seeming more interested. ?The Chosen One?? The dark lord?s temper rose again. ?He is of no matter to us. He will either turn to the darkside or he will die.? With this though a smile formed on Darth Sideous? shadowed lips. ?But what of your other goal? Was it accomplished??

Dooku bowed his head again. ?Yes my master. Kenobi has been captured. He has already begun to feel the power of the darkside.? Dooku smiled at this thought. Since Dooku?s Padawan could not join him it seemed only fitting that his Padawan?s former apprentice join him. If Obi-Wan were as powerful as Qui-Gon had believed not even the Chosen One would be able to stand before him. But Obi-Wan would only be powerful if he could be turned to the darkside.

?Bring him to me my apprentice. He will turn I have foreseen it. Obi-Wan Kenobi will be the undoing of the Jedi.?

Geonosis

Anakin Skywalker was feeling better. After talking with Padme he had begun to gain control of his emotions and been able to begin to cope with the two losses in his life. Now he looked the perfect image of a Jedi Knight, calm, cool, and collected. Anakin walked down the halls of the buildings surrounding the battle arena. He could feel traces of his Master?s presence in the halls and had been trying to follow them. For three hours now he had been wandering through the halls, and only now did he feel like he was getting closer to finding some answers. With a start he realized that he had stopped in front of a heavy stone door. Anakin paused reaching out with the Force, this was were he felt the traces of Obi-Wan, but how was he going to get through this door. Anakin paused again reaching down at his belt for the comfortable well-worn hilt of his lightsaber, but his hand grasped nothing but air. Anakin felt a blush creeping into his cheeks, he had forgotten his lightsaber had been destroyed in the droid factory.

But now Anakin had another idea, reaching out with the Force, he grabbed the stone door with his mind. With a wave of his hand the door came flying out. Anakin looked into the now revealed room looking for any sign of his Master, but the only thing that could be seen was a pale blue light emanating from the center of the room. Cautiously Anakin stepped into the room. He could feel traces of Obi-Wan in here, but also feelings of pain. The thought that his Master may have been tortured caused a lump to form in Anakin?s throat. If only he had gone with

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.