main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Power of Three: The world of Charmed

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Juliet316, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    TV Producer Aaron Spelling, who was executive producer of Charmed has died.

Spelling dead.

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Hello - it's been a while :)

So I'm now up to the first few episodes of season 7 I think.

So here are my thoughts of the show so far. I think that the show was somewhat on the hokey side in the beginning, but as the girls all started developing their powers, and as they added Paige into the mix, the show became more solid.

The Introduction of Paige: Is it wrong that after the second episode or so w/ Paige I nearly forgot entirely about Pru? Don't get me wrong, I liked Pru's character, a lot, but I think Paige was a better foil for the other 2 girls. It allowed Piper and Phoebe to really allow their own personalities to come through w/o their over-bearing older sister around.

Paige is funny - she brings a lightness to the show that I really enjoy. I love that she's eternally optimistic about everything. I also have to say that by season 6 w/ she, Chris, Leo, and baby Wyatt all together and then having them all orb one after another was amusing to watch.

Cole Storyline: Cole was a great addition to the cast. I absolutely loved the havok that he brought to the lives of the Charmed Ones. He brought this wonderful tension to the mix where you never knew from week to week what he would do. And watching him go crazy was pure TV gold. I think my favorite thing about the whole Cole/Phoebe thing was when Phoebe turned dark and she blasted the hell out of demons. Years later demons still ran in fear of Phoebe :p After he was gone the show seemed to lose focus for the end of season 5. Bringing Chris in was the best way to breath much needed life to the show.

Phoebe: I really enjoyed Phoebe coming out from her 2 big sister's shadows, and yet her own troublemaker side still manages to wreck havok in their lives - her relationship w/ Cole, her constant dating of mortals which seems to get her nowhere, Ask Phoebe, turning into a Mermaid, reverting to her high school self, losing her powers because of mis-using them to look for Mr. Right - Phoebe definitely has had a lot on her plate. I do have to say that I'm very happy that Leslie is gone - YUCK!

Piper and Wyatt: I find myself constantly annoyed at Piper and her overwhelming desire to be "normal." The constant worry over what's happening w/ Wyatt always felt very real also. I liked how weirdly powerful he was as a tiny baby, yet as he got older here he's more mischievious than anything. His bringing the dragon into the world was rather hysterical I have to say. I also liked how that when they casted evil Wyatt in the future, the older (and VERY HOT =P~) Wyatt didn't necessarily look like either of his parents, BUT he looked exactly like the baby that they used for baby Wyatt. I liked fetus Wyatt protecting his mommy in the womb and poor Chris hearing about this and whining 'sheesh, like I don't have enough of an inferiority complex as is!"

Chris and his Family: So I'm officially too old to lust after Chris, the boy is sweet, adorable, and cute as heck but I wasn't drooling after him each episode that he was on :p I did, however, love his character. I remember asking my sister first off "He's another son of Piper and Leo back from the future, right?" Bah - of course she wouldn't tell me, I had to sneak on line and confirm that for myself :p The casting of Drew Fuller was casting gold because he really did LOOK like Piper, yet his chin and jaw very closely resembles Brian Krause.

I loved Chris's character, he was 100% Halliwell. He rapidly became this wonderful glue that brought the entire Halliwell family together. Chris had a sweetness and sadness to him that always made you want to take the poor boy home and feed him a big bowl of ice cream to wash away his sorrows.

Watching the Leo and Chris's stern father/disobedient son relationship bloom into trust and real father/son bonding was wonderful. The last few of Chris's episodes were heart-wrenching to see how their relationship flourished and the real pain that swept over Leo when he thought he had failed Chris in the end. After Chris left, again like wh

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Well I've finished watching the show...all 8 season in like 3 months.

Season 7 had some great things in it, mostly I really loved Leo joining the Avatars and being poed and blasting away at demons :p I was VERY happy to see that idiot Leslie wasn't around long enough to seriously catch Phoebe's fancy.

Season 8 - it took me a LONG time to warm up to Billie. Seriously, how dense was she to believe her sister's ultra weak reasoning for wanting to do in the sisters? It was very satisfying watching Billy have to fry Christie though :p

The show ended on a very high note, I thought it was one of the best series enders that I've seen. Coop and Phoebe and Paige and Henry were a little rushed, but it was understandable for how they had to wrap up the series.

Overall - enjoyed the series - it's all rather a blur, but I'll enjoy watching it again at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.