main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The prank side of the force. Wes Janson, Jedi Knight.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by _3MD_PsychoSniper, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I dare say I'll be voting for this fic, _3MD_. Up!

2. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Yippie a new post.

My favorite part : *Smack* "That was for Corran." Hee hee hee.

3. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Hehe. Glad you liked it.

Wow Jasa, we have readers! (So this must be what happens when you make them wait for the next post...)

4. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    The only problem with the voting for this tale is that they don't want socks doing it.

However, this username is one that I use solely for the Fan Fic forums.

For the purposes of this forum, I don't consider it a sock, but my username.

I don't know if voting with it will fly, though.

5. GrandAdmiralKyrrona

GrandAdmiralKyrrona Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2003
    *sneaks in*
    *snitchs a cookie*
    *Disappears, singing the Ewok Victory song*
    UP!

6. Lorax

Lorax Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    GREAT POST JAYA! I loved the smack. :D And a dark haired young man who's protective over Jaina... Zekk?

Okay, this'll sound dumb, but...
    - I've seen the Nomination and Excerpt pages, is the voting one at the same board?
    - And what's a sock?

*makes a Janson sock puppet*

7. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    A sock is like Jasa. Jasa was created to annoy me. Yep. I'm sure he'll show up at any moment.

8. Jasa_Solo

Jasa_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2003
    Uh, Jaya, I've got a sock over my head and its stuck.

I guess I'll have to make a few replies while Im waiting for help

Striker
    Thanks
    Jodiwent
    Yeah, that was good, but credit goes to Jaya who wrote that part
    JasaI wouldnt know
    Big E
    Sounds like is not a problem as long as you dont vote with your other usernames
    GAK
    With the pranks I pull, are you sure that those cookies left out in the open are safe ?
    Lorax
    What I'm posting in now is a sock.
    And the voting will be done by PM, just keep an eye out for when voting starts, and I'll be sure to post who to PM once voting starts as well.
    Jaya
    yes, I will.

9. Lorax

Lorax Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    OIC. Thanks Jasa.

I would love to vote for this fic, but, unfortunatly, my fic was nominated for the same category... I'm positive you'll get lots of votes though. :)

10. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    actualy, for the most underrated catagory the one with the fewest votes should win [edit] I mean thats what would make sense to me anyway but I dont think theyre doing that[/edit]

but yeah, looks like I'll get votes

11. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    What? You meant I bought all of those votes for nothing? Nuts!

12. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
  13. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I enjoyed creating an OC for your fic?now perhaps you can provide me with a small measure of help.

I am having difficulty creating a name for a character. She?s a Lieutenant Commander in the Empire. There does not need to be anything of special significance to the name, such as a clever double meaning, but I would like something that doesn?t sound too malevolent.

14. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    I randomly looked up a girl's name starting with F and like this one: "Fayza". It's Arabic meaning "successful". I'll see what else I can come up with.

15. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Fayza is good.
    How about a surname that has a meaning akin to deception, mask, or to be covered/buried? That would be perfect. :D

16. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Well, that's a little harder I found one for a flower. It's a Snapdragon and means "deception". "Ludo" is Latin for "to play, sport", but can also mean "to delude" or "to deceive". Kamen means "mask" (it's Japanese). Hope that helps. (If not, do a search on it.)

17. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Fayza Kamen, hmmmmm...
    seems good.

good luck with the fic, BigE

[edit] for those that read my other fic, Crossover , its been updated.

18. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Jaina felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand on edge. She was being watched.

She scanned around the room and her eyes came to rest on a dark haired young man with emerald green eyes. Zekk is here, she thought, and I?m dancing with another guy. An older guy!

The look of betrayal was evident, even from so far away.

?Is everything alright Jaina?? Wes asked with an actual tone of concern in his voice.

?My? boyfriend is here,? she replied in a state of shock.

?Then why are you still standing here, dancing with me?? Wes asked with a grin. ?Go to him!?

?I think he?s a little mad at me right now, so I?m a bit afraid of going over to him,? she replied reluctantly.

Wes stopped and gave Jaina a hard stare. ?Jaina,? he started in a tone that her father often used with her, ?you?re a beautiful young woman and he?d be an idiot to be mad at you for dancing with me. And if he is, by chance, I?ll smack some sense into him. Or your brother will, or your other brother, or your uncle? you get my point.?

?Thanks Uncle Wes,? she said smiling. ?I?m sorry about the prank Tenel Ka and I played on you. You?ve been really sweet tonight.?

?Think nothing of it,? he replied, returning her smile. ?It was my pleasure to get to dance with the two prettiest girls at the Academy.?

Jaina blushed at the statement and kissed Wes on the cheek. ?Thanks for everything. I bet the prettiest Jedi Master at the Academy wouldn?t mind a dance with you,? she said with a wink.

?Yeah, but I think that Mara would have a problem with me dancing with Luke. You know how possessive she can be.?

Jaina laughed and shook her head as she walked over to Zekk to try to explain things.

While Jaina was trying to patch things up with Zekk, Wes marched over to Mara and Luke.

?I hate to break this party up, but I?d like to dance with the prettiest Jedi Master at the Academy. But since I think you?d mind me dancing with Luke, Mara, I?ll have to ask you instead,? he said with a wicked grin.

?She?s much prettier than I am,? Luke insisted, joking right along with Wes.

?You better believe it, Farmboy,? Mara said as she took Wes? hand and walked onto the dance floor.

-----

?Hey brother, what are you staring at?? Anakin asked Jacen.

?Look at who just walked in,? Jacen said. Anakin looked in the direction that Jacen nodded in and saw the young man that was ?dating? his sister. ?Want some popcorn?? Jacen asked as he chuckled, ?This could get interesting!?

?What could get interesting, friend Jacen?? Tenel Ka asked.

?Zekk just walked in and Jaina?s dancing with another man. I?m just sitting back and waiting for the fireworks to fly,? he said gleefully.

?Friend Jacen, that is the worst thing I have ever heard you say. Zekk is your friend, and Jaina is your sister!?

Anakin snickered next to him and didn?t notice a short, blonde girl walk up until it was too late.

?Ow! What was that for?? Anakin asked.

?For laughing at your sister?s predicament, Dummy,? Tahiri replied. ?Neither of you should be sitting and enjoying this?? she cut off her statement as she saw Jaina kiss Wes on the cheek. ?Well, maybe it?s a little interesting. Pass the popcorn.?

-----

Meanwhile, Jaina was trying to explain to Zekk why she was dancing with another man.

?Well, you see, it all started back when?? Jaina started.

?Save it Jaina. I saw the kiss,? Zekk replied angrily.

?Zekk, he?s my father?s age! It started as a prank for Tenel Ka and myself to set Wes up with the hottest girls at the Academy, which happened to be us. We continued to tease him about it for weeks, and tonight we owed him a dance. But he got slapped by this woman that he thought was his date, and we felt really bad about the prank. He?s also been a complete gentleman the entire evening, and I?ve had a really good time,? she explained.

?Then what was that kiss about?? Zekk whined.

?Well, he said that I was one of the prettiest girls at the Academy,? she replied.

?Is that all I have to

19. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Here's how to vote for the Winter Fan Fiction Awards.

This is according to Sebulba2179:

Voting begins on THIS WEDNESDAY, the Fourteenth of January, in the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand and Four. It will run for precisely one week and end on Wednesday, January 21.

Important voting info: PLEASE complete your ballot with as many votes as you can possibly make, before you submit it to Jedi-2B. This will make life much, much easier on her as she won't have to amend ballots that have already been submitted.

Any further questions or comments should be directed to the WFFAET which can be found in the link above. Happy voting!

20. Earwen-Ancalime

Earwen-Ancalime Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    *claps*

Loved the last post :D!

I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.

21. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    As much as i love this story especially wessie i had to cringe into myself... there was zekk with Jaggies girll in that post.. NO

no offense anybody plesea

that postie was great though heheheheh :D

22. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    JG15, This is WAyyyyyyyy pre NJO, so Jaina's staying with Zekk

oh, btw, welcome to the fic JG, and just TRY to beat me to a reply here, MOAUAUAHAHAHAHHA

23. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Glad you both liked it.

Haha. I like both Jag and Zekk, but in this story Jaina's with Zekk. In fact, Jag hasn't even shown up (yet?). ;) It's not that I'm against Captain Cardboard (just kidding about that, I really do like him!) or anything. I liked Jag more and more throughout the NJO books, and right from the beginning it seemed that they were setting him up to be Jaina's future boy-toy.

I think this ends my section of the story for a little while, unless Psycho decides he wants me to write something else. Thank you for all of your responses! :)

24. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Dialogue goodness! Very nicely done, just read all of it. Wes is indeed very interesting-I think you've portrayed him well, especially his dualistic nature. Hats off to you.

25. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Why thank you for the comment about the dialogue because at least part of it was mine.

What do you mean about Wes' dualistic nature? Do you mean his prank side and that nice guy side?

Glad to have you here as a reader Suzuki_Akira!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.