main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic THE PRAYER THREAD

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2003
    we all have bad things happen in our lives... and on the flip side... we all have good things too... this thread is intended on sharing any news that you want to be prayed about... if it is an upsetting thing, share it with us... you dont have to go it alone... if it is a good thing... also share it with us, and let us share in the praying, and in the enjoyment.

2. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

Jan 2, 2003
    pray for my family... i know that i intend this thread to have shocking posts... as well as great posts... but this first prayer is not going to be to indepth... please pray for my family... it seems like there is a lot of ups and downs going on lately...

and as for a good prayer request... I FINALLY HAVE A TRYOUT WITH A PROFESSIONAL HOCKEY TEAM!!!

3. Dak-Konzerth

Dak-Konzerth Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2003
    I am not a believer, but for whatever it is worth I will remember to think about your family in 'chapel' tomorrow (my school has a manditory atendance).

Also, huge congrats to your success at hockey! Good luck to you, I hope you come out on top.

Can you give us all your autograph?

4. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    :eek: No freakin' way, Spanky!! Who is it?

I will be praying for you family, Spanky. There's a lot going on around there, isn't there?

5. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

Jan 2, 2003
    lol, yeah tammy, there is... so much so that i put my shorts on backwards... and didnt even knotice it for an hour... lol... lots of thinking... and as fart as the hockey team is concerned... it is the flint generals of the united hockey league

6. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

Jan 2, 2003
    good news... the prayer request that i made for my family... all is good now... i recieved some verification that all is good, and isnt as it may have seemed... :D

7. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    That's so awesome, Spanky :)

Man, I miss you! I can't wait til the wedding!

8. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    Hey Guys.

One of my best friends died. He hung himself. Please pray for his soul and his family.

9. Dak-Konzerth

Dak-Konzerth Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2003
    :(

Unimaginable...

A catastrophe of this caliber is hard to deal with...

I will try to pray the best I can...
    I hope that... somehow you can come to terms with this horrible tragedy, Luke.

For all of those who knew him and who mourn his passing, they are who I tend to feel saddest for... The best you can do to feel any better is to try and comfort those who feel the loss as keenly as you do, I think Luke.

I hope that together, you can... come to terms with these happenings.

For he who is no longer with us, I suppose I can only hope he accomplished what he truly wanted to do with his end and lived a happy life. Try not to think too hard on how he died though... I do not believe it is of too much consequence when one gets down to it.

If there is a Heaven or Nirvana or Valhalla, there are many here to help him reach it.

The family though... I wish them strength. Your visiting should help them much, hopefully together you can find a way to cope...

Very scary, very grievous, very woeful. And no defense against it...

:(

10. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    Thank you, Jack.

11. Octavulg

Octavulg Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2004
    I'll pray for him Luke. It is what I can do, and I hope it will help.

12. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Oh, Ton...I'm so sorry...my prayers are definitely with you, and with his family. Wow...there's really nothing that can be said, is there?

13. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

Jan 2, 2003
    wow... im... sorry man...

14. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

Jan 2, 2003
    i think that i might have pulled a muscle in my neck... although just a tad bit (ok, well, a lot) painful, i dont think that it is much more than a pull or strain... but, now that i have med. insurance, and my card will be here shortly, i have been thinking about going and getting a LONG OVERDUE check up on a medical condition that i have had since OCTOBER called coccxydynia (kok-si-dy-nia), it is too indepth to explain, all i can say is if you want to know more about it, the web has some good info...

i also have a hangnail...

15. Commissar_Cromwell

Commissar_Cromwell Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2004
    Ton..Luke.

for a change I am at a loss for words. I will do anything I can to help you bud... But I don't know if I can pray to a god that allows such terrible things to happen to his children.

16. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Without getting into a huge religious discussion here (there's a thread for that in Canada General)...

God doesn't make the choices for us. We make our own choices. He allows us to, because of the free will He gave us, because He loves us too much to have just made us robots who had to love Him. With as much as this young man was loved here on earth, it's nothing in comparison to how much God loved him. God cries, too, ya know...

But like I said...I don't want to turn this into a battle or anything...that's not what this thread is for. If you want to discuss this further, you can go here, to the Canadian Theological Debate Thread. :)

Again, I'm still praying for ya, Luke, and everyone involved in that...

17. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Well put, Sar.

God loves us enough to give us the freedom to choose our own paths.

--Nick

18. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

Jan 2, 2003
    woo hoo tammy...

i have to put my 2 cents in here too... again, not for theological debate... and, i would have posted this post in the theological thread, if i knew that it would have been seen...

loving God, and doing what he wants us to do by choice not only makes it worth it more to me, but it shows God that we want to, and it means more to him too (based on everyone having to do something, and then having the choice, and still doing it... it just feels better and means a lot more when you have the choice, and still do it)

19. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    Well, I'm back....

//Sigh...

Thank you very much for the responses and prayers.

20. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Anytime, Luke :)

21. Grand-Admiral_Stan

Grand-Admiral_Stan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2002

This is a great thread!

Plz pray for Joseph legere as he is a new christian and he is working things out with God.

Also,

plz pray for my brother josh who is going through a lot, pray he will come to back to God

22. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    Will do!

23. Grand-Admiral_Stan

Feb 25, 2002

plz pray for Matt whales he has been diagnosed with depression ,

also , ben spear he is getting married soon and plz pray for him, just in general

thx!

24. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

Jan 2, 2003
    wow, it has been a while since my last visit...
    ben spear... is that the same ben spear who goes (or went) to bethany? ... i know him

25. Grand-Admiral_Stan

Feb 25, 2002

Yes it is, i went to bethany 2 sem ago, - matt was at my house last night and he was taken away by the cops; they think he is schizophrenia, pretty bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.