main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Prequel Trilogy a huge let down or a big hit.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Eurofan, Apr 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eurofan

Eurofan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2005
    Some feel that these new movies are an insult to the classic trilogy and others feel that they are a blast of fresh air what do the rest of you think now that the saga has come to an end?

Strilo edit: We have enough threads like this already...

2. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    I do not think so. I really loved the prequels so far, and with all I know about ROTS, there is no way this could change after May 19th.
    The story is now complete. I just can't see how STAR WARS fans can not like the prequels.
    What did they think the prequels were about?
    Only because their personal imagination of the events did not fit with them, they claim the movies are bad?
    It is George Lucas' story, and he is the only one who has the right to tell it.

Prisic Duskleap likes this.
  3. mace-windooku

mace-windooku Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2005
    I enjoyed the PT more

Prisic Duskleap likes this.
  4. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I enjoy the two prequel for what they are, and don?t begrudge Lucas in any for telling his story in the way he saw fit. That being said, however, I think the two prequel films thus far have been plagued by poor scripts and performances that are at best mediocre. As it stands right now, to me the prequels are a reminder of what could have been if Lucas was willing to look for help when it came to writing and directing.

5. Loco_for_Lucas

Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 15, 2002
    I always felt Lucas had the potential to tell such great stories in an epic fashion. So far these films have been so mediocre and disappointing for me that, among other things, I've reconsidered my thoughts on him as a filmmaker.

6. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Many people around the globe are watching and discussing the prequels. I'd say they're a big hit.

The last, yet the first
    /LM

7. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    IT'S A HIT!

8. Sapno Krei

Sapno Krei Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 23, 1999
    I will reserve judgment until the final prequel comes out.

Nobody judges the OT by ROTJ alone. ANH and ESB made that series.

9. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I wouldn't go as far as saying the Prequel Trilogy is a huge hit, but then again, it's definately not a huge let down. It was good-- very good, but not quite as good as the Original Trilogy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.