main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The Prequel Trilogy Interview Thread - Currently interviewing jaimestarr !)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Knight Fett, May 3, 2018.

1. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    What do you like to watch/follow besides baseball?

2. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    This is unrelated to the Cubs, but........football or American football?

3. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    American football is my 2nd favorite sport (Go Dolphins). I enjoyed playing soccer quite a bit as a kid but I can't get into watching it - just not for me.

Sports-wise? Football (American), hockey, and basketball (pro and college) - watch golf quite a bit too.

4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Major League

Ernie Banks

5. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    The classic pinstripe look
    [​IMG]

Well I root for the Bears even though I'm a Dolphins fan and go for Chicago in every other sport. Otherwise I tend to root for underdogs.
    The St. Louis Cardinals, The New York Jets, New England Patriots, Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Pistons, any team Lebron James plays for....
    Yes, I'm a big Pearl Jam fan and Eddie is at the games all the time. The Smashing Pumpkins are my all time favorite band and Billy Corgan is a big Cubs fan too, so two of my favs share my love of the Cubs.

6. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    If I designed my own it would borrow heavily from the classic parks like Wrigley Field and Fenway....and the opposite of awful dome fields like what the Astrodome was or Tropicana Field in Tampa.

7. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm gonna pass on that for a number of reasons
    "He's okay" - so looks like 2 :p
    So my best SW related memory with her is always going to revolve around this little stuffed Yoda I got her. When she was really little she had a play-pad she'd lie on that had crossbars that arced over it with little hooks to hang toys from, I found a stuffed Yoda keychain that talked and hooked it on there for her. The first time she saw him and I squeezed him to make him talk was the first time I ever heard her laugh - it's far and away the most adorable thing I've ever seen.

8. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    What's it like now you're a mod? Different to before?

9. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Do you have a fav pro golfer?

10. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    This is such a difficult question to answer without writing a novel, but I'll try to keep it short. Baseball to me is more than just a sport, it holds a special place in my heart not just as a fan, but as something I absolutely loved to do when I was younger. I started playing baseball in 1st grade and didn't stop until high school, playing on my high school team as well as a rec league. Spring and Summer for me were all about baseball - playing and then watching or listening to the Cubs. As far as professional baseball, I love watching it for so many reasons. On any given day you can see something happen that has never happened before or has only happened a handful of times. Every pitch is unique and you never know what the result will be. I also love watching it because I know how hard it is. The history of the game is also something I love, it's survived World Wars, depressions, 911, strikes, and more. It's mirrored social issues in the US with integration. There have been so many great and interesting players over the years. For me it's just the perfect sport.

11. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    thanks for the great responses to all three of my questions, @cubman987 ! I know that there are many Americans who share your love for baseball (both playing and watching and for the "larger meanings" and history of the game)! And I think it's always cool when a passion connects back to one's early memories (connecting with your grandpa, playing it yourself, etc.). Creates a lot of nostalgia at times, I bet (and I'm sort of a Queen of Nostalgia myself:p, so I would definitely understand that!)

have you ever watched any of the Ken Burns PBS documentary series on baseball?

[​IMG]

^btw, that's really sweet!:)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  12. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    From the questions it would seem as if your entire life revolves around baseball... is that true? :p

13. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Not too different, just have more buttons and forums to visit so far. Haven't got to use my banhammer yet.
    Tiger Woods
    Oh yes, really good stuff.
    Ha, well it's certainly a big part and I do tend to plan things so I can watch as many Cubs games as possible, but I actually have a lot of other things that keep me busy besides baseball.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    6.) Have you ever been to a hospital due to injury?

7.) What is your favorite qoute from the Prequels?

8.) What is your favorite trivia fact that you have learned from hosting trivia?

9.) What made you start the book club?

10.) What prequel actor do you most want to see in another Star Wars movie?

@cubman987

15. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Technically no, broke my elbow and went to student health building and then an orthopedic place but only hospital stay was when my daughter was born.
    Truly wonderful the mind of a child is.
    Good question - several things I've learned but I thought the Trinity College library thing was interesting and something I didn't read about at the time.
    heels actually started it but I took over because I thought it was a great idea and I love reading and talking about books.
    Probably the popular answer but I want a Ewan McGregor Kenobi film.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    11.) What are your thoughts with TCW being back?
    12.) If you could change anything about Star Wars what would it be?
    13.) Who is your favorite animated character ever?
    14.) Do you want Mace Windu to survive in the new canon?
    15.) Did you like Maul’s original death in TPM?

@cubman987

17. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

If we are talking anything, then it would be the way the fan base is at time.
    [​IMG]
    If we are talking something in the media itself I'd get rid of the NOOOO at the end of ROTJ - really dislike that change to one of my favorite scenes.

Star Wars? Ahsoka. In general? Bart Simpson

[​IMG]

I thought he was killed too soon and would have liked him to have survived for the sequels. That said I was disappointed when I found out he was coming back for TCW, thought he should have stayed dead. Then I watched the episodes and they were great so I accepted it and was happy he came back.

18. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    What is your favourite ever book and/or Author?

:)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  19. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Book - The Lord of the Rings
    Author - Michael Crichton

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Was that the guy who wrote the Jurassic Park novels?

Valency Jane likes this.
  21. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Yes, as well as many other great books

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I really should get around to reading those books.

ThisIsMe1138 and cubman987 like this.
  23. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    ...I didn't even know there were Jurassic Park novels.... ;)

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The more you know.

*Star shoots over my head*

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    16.) Most overrated Character in Star Wars?

17.) What is the scariest thing you have experienced?

18.) Out of everyone who works at Lucasfilm who do you think is the best when it comes to working on Star Wars?

19.) Are you excited for Indiana Jones five?

20.) What is your favorite non Star Wars franchise?

@cubman987

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018