main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The Prequel Trilogy's Greatest Lines and Line Readings

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Cryogenic, May 1, 2017.

1. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    "I will make it legal!"

well he certainly did that...

2. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    "Your focus determines your reality" was used officially in my daughter's senior year of high school classroom as a motivator for exam preparation. I kid you not!

Meanwhile,

"This is an unusual move for her....it's too aggressive"

Sidious' way of saying this is like he's saying "I am the aggressor hidden by the persona of Palpatine, but this girl is getting on my nerves!" :p

MJ

3. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    double post

4. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    One of my favorite lines is from Captain Dofine.

"Are you brain dead? I'm not going in there with two Jedi! Send the droid.

Another humorous line from Nute,

Rune, You didn't tell him about the missing Jedi?

Nute, No need to report that to him until there is something to report.

5. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    "Padme... I must find him."

6. fastcooljosh

fastcooljosh Jedi Master star 2

Mar 15, 2017
  7. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    "This is my apprentice, Darth Maul. He will find your lost ship" - The most disdaining sarcasm that may come out of the Sith.

It may take some space but the sequences at Palpatine's quarters with Queen Amidala. I can watch all day on repeat.

The introduction of the Lucas real Star Wars politics (Only hinted and beyond our thought process after ANH) and brilliantly removed of some bloated writing finally produced this masterpiece on screen.

PALPATINE : There is no civility. Only politics. The Republic is not what it once was. The Senate is full of greedy, squabbling delegates. There is no interest in the common good...I must be frank, Your Majesty, there is little chance the Senate will act on the invasion.
    AMIDALA : Chancellor Valorum seems to think there is hope.
    PALPATINE : If I may say so, Your Majesty, the Chancellor has little real
    power...he is mired down by baseless accusations of corruption. The bureaucrats are in charge now.
    AMIDALA : What options do we have?
    PALPATINE : Our best choice would be to push for the election of a stronger Supreme Chancellor.
    One who could control of the bureaucrats and give us justice. You could call for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum
    AMIDALA : He has been our strongest supporter.
    PALPATINE : Our only other choice would to be to submit a plea to the courts...
    AMIDALA : The courts take even longer to decide things than the Senate.
    Our people are dying, Senator. We must do something quickly to stop the Federation.
    PALPATINE : To be realistic, Your Majesty, I'd say we're going to have to accept Federation control for the time being.
    AMIDALA : That this something I cannot do.

Then after the Senate scene (also more political brilliance), where Padme let's Palpatine scheme fall right into his lap!

CAPT. PANAKA : Your Highness, Your Highness. Senator Palpatine has been nominated to
    succeed Valorum as Supreme Chancellor.
    PALPATINE : A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one. Your
    Majesty, if I am elected, I promise, Iwill put an end to corruption.
    AMIDALA : Who else can be nominated?
    CAPT. PANAKA : Bail Antilles of Alderaan and Ainlee Teem of Malastare.
    PALPATINE : I feel confident...our "situation" will create a strong sympathy vote for us... I will be Chancellor.
    AMIDALA : I fear by the time you have control of the bureaucrats, Senator,
    there will be nothing left of our cities, our people, our way of life...
    PALPATINE : I understand your concern, Your Majesty; unfortunately, the
    Federation has possession of our planet.
    AMIDALA : Senator, this is your arena. I feel I must return to mine.
    [Natalie's standing position away from Ian's face at this moment and her mannerisms,
    proves George's choices are second to none. Add to the SW lore about the real mother of Luke and Leia] [Then she turns around] I have decided to go back to Naboo.
    PALPATINE : Go back!! But, Your Majesty, be realistic! They will force you to sign the treaty.
    AMIDALA : I will sign no treaty, Senator. My fate will be no different from
    that of our people. Captain!
    CAPT. PANAKA : Yes, Your Highness?
    AMIDALA : Ready my ship!
    CAPT. PANAKA : Please, Your Majesty, stay here...where it's safe.
    AMIDALA : It is clear to me now that the Republic no longer functions.
    I pray you will bring sanity and compassion back to the Senate.

Sorry for the mess (cutting and pasting). But I love all of this!
    Cheers!
    MJ

corinthia, HevyDevy, Torib and 2 others like this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Supreme Chancellor: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis "the wise"?
    Anakin Skywalker: No.
    Supreme Chancellor: I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
    Anakin Skywalker: He could actually save people from death?
    Supreme Chancellor: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
    Anakin Skywalker: What happened to him?
    Supreme Chancellor: He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.

MarcJordan likes this.
  9. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    This line delivery is pretty bone-chilling
    [​IMG]

10. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    :eek: I never realized until now that Obi-Wan echoes Qui-Gon's "I shall do what I must" when he's about to fight Anakin! (He technically says "I will do what I must", but it sure rhymes with the aforementioned line.)
    Interestingly enough, Qui-Gon is saying that he will defy the Council if he feels he has to, while Obi-Wan is saying that he will obey what's left of the Council because he feels he has to...

One of my favorite lines of all time is "My no know. Mesa day starten pitty okeyday witda brisky mornin' munchen, den boom!, gettin' berry scared an' grabben dat Jedi and pow! - mesa here."
    Say what?! [face_laugh]

11. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Yes, it is, and when he says "Do what must be done, Lord Vader. Do not hesitate, show no mercy. Only then will you be strong enough with the dark side to save Pádme." It is a great piece of dialogue that is extremely well delivered. Forceful, persuasive and tempting all at once.

12. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Just hearing :emperor: The Emperor :emperor: say "Padmé" sends shivers down my spine. I mean, the idea alone is just... And the way he says it! McDiarmagic!!

13. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    DOOKU: I bring you good news, my Lord.
    The war has begun.

DARTH SIDIOUS: Excellent.
    [​IMG]
    It's really chilling how Palpatine says "Excellent" .. you can just hear the sadistic joy in his voice as he knows a bloody WAR has begun

14. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    Since Ingram_1 took mine for I and II, I will go with my plan B:

Episode II
    [​IMG]
    "I guess I was wrong, there was no danger after all." - Boom!
    This line pretty much sums up the underlying theme of every aspect of the entire trilogy.

Episode I
    [​IMG]
    Tonyg actually took my plan B for Episode I, so here's my plan C:
    That whole opening dialogue between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, really. But of course, specifically, "It's not about the mission, Master. It's something... elsewhere. Elusive."
    Again, a hauntingly brilliant summary of the entire trilogy. That feeling must've been lingering in the back of their minds all the way up to that fateful night in RotS.

And I have to give a shout out to being mindful of the future but not at the expense of the moment. Wisdom that has been guiding me since May '99.

(It's also very interesting that Obi-Wan starts the trilogy off with the famous "I've got a bad feeling about this." It's a (perfectly used) call back to us, but chronologically it's the first delivery).

Episode III
    [​IMG]
    "Then love has blinded you?"
    Though it gets bashed, I think this scene is pure Star Wars. As a kid, I always wondered if Anakin and Luke & Leia's mom ever had any happy moments, particularly after they knew they were going to have a family. Turns out we learned they had just one evening! Then the nightmares started. This is the one happy moment in all of Episode III amidst all the intense, distressing war, spying, betrayal etc. yet so deftly foreshadows the tragedy to come.

I truly, deeply, enjoy every line in the PT, it is hard to just do a few.

15. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    "No, I beg you to help us" - This works in so many levels as far as I am concerned.

"Perhaps merely with your presence the mysteries surrounding this threat will be revealed" - The delivery is just so eloquent, sophisticated, enticing. [face_love]

"Well then maybe my Jedi protector will have to prove how good he is" - Love how happy she is here despite the things that have happened.

MJ

Tonyg likes this.
  16. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    "Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

Absolutely an awesome story. Great delivery by Mcdiarmid.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  17. Brueggemann

Brueggemann Jedi Knight

May 3, 2017
    "I must admit that without the clones it would not have been a victory." -Obiwan

"Victory? Master Obiwan, not victory. The shroud of the dark side has fallen. Begun, the Clone War has. -Yoda

So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause. -Padme

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

18. Torib

Torib Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2016
    "I am the Senate." -Chancellor Palpatine

Whenever people say the prequels don't have quotable lines, this is one of the first that comes to mind. "I will make it legal" and "It's treason, then" are good too.

"Something's happening. I'm not the Jedi I should be. I want more. And I know I shouldn't." -Anakin

This is always sort of evocative to me, this brief moment of lucidity for Anakin, recognizing that he's losing a battle within himself that he doesn't fully understand and is seemingly powerless to stop.

19. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
  20. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    'Crush them! Make them suffer!' on the Invisible Hand is always hilarious to me. Star Warsy at its best.

21. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

Tonyg and Seeker Of The Whills like this.
  22. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    That's one of my favorite shots of Anakin, ever. God, he looks so heroic and badass there. No wonder they use it for his databank entry on starwars.com. I only wish it was a few seconds longer so I could get a better look at it. :p

MarcJordan and Sith Lord 2015 like this.
  23. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    Not necessary greatest lines per say but .....(I initially put this in the AOTC lovers thread)

In order of sequence.

"If an item does not appear in our records, it does not exist!" (For Kamino which we eventually know does exist)

"Let's go check on my records" (For Shmi) (She still existed at that point)

"A Jedi by the looks of him"

"...a Jedi! No Batta!"

"Obi Wan! Take a seat I'll be right with you. So what I do for you"

"You are Ani! It is you. ...hey maybe you can help me with some dead beats..."

"How good your manners are. How big your pocket book is" (Buying *ordering of Clones* -Paid by Sifo Dyas or was it Darth Tyranus?)

"...you know business is business. I sold her to an moisture named Lars....atleast I think it was Lars. (Selling Shmi, Likely Clegg paid handsomely mannerwise too)

"Sifo Dyas was killed almost 10 years ago" - Decade earlier

"Why did she have to die? Why couldn't I save her?" -Decade later

"I'd say 12 parsecs outside the Rishi Maze"

"Long ways from here. On the other side of Mos Eisley I think" .

Bonus for fun: You wanna cup of Jawa Juice? Later as Flo brings it, Obi Wan says thank you and then says "can you tell me where it came from?"

A Jawa shows Anakin where the Tuskens took Shmi.

Cheers!

MJ

24. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Palpatine: "I am the Senate"

Windu: 'Not yet"

Palpatine: "Its treason then."

Awesome lines to start an awesome duel. The menacing and undertone of contempt is just so palpable I love it!

25. Jabba the Hud

Jabba the Hud Jedi Padawan

Feb 10, 2017