main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Prequels 6 boys vs DV

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by ZamWesell44, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    The fact that 1,2,3 all have a new sith Maul, Dooku, and Vader, and Jango and GG are also villians, i think overall does not help the prequels even though i do not like Maul, if he was the main villian until Vader i think would have made that character and the prequels better. Do you prefer the fact there are more "bad guys" i hesitate to call Dooku and Jango that, but do you think it makes the story better or do you think like 4,5,6 with just the big man as the main guy would have been a better route. If they had done that there could maybe be another iconic villian like the man, and i know Sidious in all 3 but you know what im trying to ask?

2. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    It offers more variety. Also, you think of it in the wrong light.
    Darth Sidious is the main bad guy of the Saga, though he is hidden and not a known threat to our heroes.

Darth Maul, Count Dooku and General Grievous are henchmen. Not exactly main bad guys. One purpose of them is that Sidious is always looking for an apprentice to replace his current one as he is better, or alive :p

Maul dies.....Dooku replaces him
    Dooku is the henchman, worthy Sidious
    Clone Wars: Sidious let's Asajj Ventress go on the hunt for Anakin- she is just a test object. Sidious probably wanted Anakin to beat her so he knows just how powerful Anakin already is.
    General Grievous follows- he is a distraction and more of a war general. Sidious can't do everything himself you know and Dooku is probably busy doing anti Republic political things.
    Well, all of them will probably die and Vader is born
    Vader combines the best of both of these henchmen.
    Luke would have followed but he didn't give in. He would have replaced the crippled, once ultimate fighter, Vader is.

3. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I do think it's been a case of quantity over quality in the PT. None of the villains (save Palpatine) have been allowed to develop, either in terms of character or presence. None of them were given even the amount of screen-time Peter Cushing had as Tarkin.

I think GL has been trying to underline the fact that they are unimportant in the long run, that Sideous and Vader are the big villains of the PT and that nobody else should overshadow them. I would have liked more character development in everybody, but that's just me. I'm sure many people feel differently.

4. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    OT:

Vader
    Tarkin
    Greedo
    Palpatine
    Boba Fett
    Jabba

5. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    The Prequels are a time of unstablity and change. The galaxy is tranforming, the power holders are chaging, the Sentate is being infected, the Jedi are being plagued with war.

Star Wars is the story of good and evil, heroes and villains. Both trilogies are in a abundance of heroic figures and contrasting evil ones.

-Seldon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.