main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The prequels are not like Rocky V, Superman IV, etc.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by colivo, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colivo

colivo Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 25, 2004
    I loved ROTS, and the consensus has been pretty positive towards the movie from the fans and critics. But I know many friends who continue to bury TPM & AOTC.

I think for everyone who buries those movies, are they as bad as:

Superman III & IV
    Rocky V
    Jaws 2,3,etc.
    Terminator 3
    Jurassic Park 3
    The Matrix Revolutions
    Hannibal

My point is that I do find many flaws in TPM & AOTC, the movies listed above I believe ruined those series. I don't think any of the prequels did that to Star Wars. I can still watch the prequels, not as much as the originals. I will never watch Superman III or IV ever again, or Jaws 2 or 3, or Rocky V. I think those movies are HORRIBLE!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and if you think the prequels are as bad as those movies above, then probably Star Wars stopped being enjoyable in 1983 for you.

2. Mr Bungle

Mr Bungle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    What about Jaws: The Revenge? :D

Methinks you need new friends....you'll find many here!

3. IKilledSifo-Dyas

IKilledSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 2

Aug 6, 2003
    I actually really liked Terminator 3 (not as much as the prequels,but still :)).

4. Sith-Jedi-Master

Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2004
    i really liked

Terminator 3
    Jurassic Park 3
    The Matrix Revolutions
    Hannibal

but yeah...star wars is star wars and you carn't compare them really to other movies...they are in a league of there own :)

5. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Well Revolutions aside (which I love for the intended reasons, but moving on), none of those movies were written with the story in mind. They were made because they could be, not because the storyline dictated it, and certainly not because the writers had them planned out.
    Now, Lucas did not have every minute detail planned out (the Making of RotS book proves this), but he genuinely did have the broadstrokes down, and the story of course, dictate that he finish the individual trilogies once he started.
    That's as opposed to the Rockies where they could've stopped anywhere and have been fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.