main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The Prequels......Days of Futures Past ?????

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by StarWars2015, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    Lets go back in time and then fast forward to a Star Wars the Way it should be ..............A-Z

A.) Anakin a 8 yr old boy played by a kid who needed acting lessons or
    A.) Anakin played by a 15 yr old up and coming actor who has chemical attraction to Ms Portman.

B.) The Trade Federation blockcades little Naboo for no apparent reason..?? or
    B.) The Trade Federation blockcades Alderaan and the main shipping lanes to the Galactic Core.

C.) Jar Jar Binks has a very major role in the TPM and has role reduced due to major fan backlash or
    C.) We see Jar Jar Binks only once in the entire Trilogy, being eaten by Aqua Sea Monster.....

D.) We see a underwhelming Puppet of Yoda in TPM who sets around and does basically nothing or
    D.) We do not even see Yoda until the 2nd Film, when his CGI is prefected and similar to ESB.

E.) Obi-Wan is a third wheel staying on the Ship while Q-Gon, Binks and the Queen travel to the City or
    E.) Obi-Wan goes with the Queen and Q-Gon stays on the Ship, and Obi Finds Anakin.

F.) Jar Jar Binks has about 50 minutes of Total ScreenTime in TPM or
    F.) Darth Maul has about 50 minutes of Total ScreenTime in TPM !!!

G.) Q-Gon Jinns is the main Jedi Adventurer in TPM or
    G.) Q-Gon is Obi-Wans wise Instructor and takes part only in the final action against Darth Maul

H.) Anakin is a slave to a winged creature junk dealer resisitant to Jedi Force Powers........ or
    H.) Anakin is a slave to the Hutts and forced to Pod race for their pleasure and riches

I.) Count Dooku is seen or heard until over half way over the AOTC or
    I.) Count Dooku is seen via hologram telling Q-Gon about a great distrubence in the force in TPM.

J.) Darth Maul is last seen cut in half and falling down a reactor shaft or
    J.) Maul slays Q-Gon but Obi-Wan and young Anakin fight him to a standstill and he escapes

K.) Darth Sidious works both sides to met his own sinster goals thoughout all 3 films......or
    K.) Darth Sidious/Papatine victoriously leads the Republic Army against Dookus Clones winning the confidence of the people, turning them against the Jedi, and establishing the Empire for Galactic Peace.

L.) Obi-Wan takes on Anakin as Q-Gons Final Request......or
    L.) Obi-Wan takes on Anakin because he is amazed by the Force in him like he said in ANH !!!

M.) AOTC ends in a nightmare of CGI and confusing battle between bugs, droids, and clones....or
    M.) 2nd film sees a conflict between Anakin, Maul, Obi-Wan, Yoda and Count Dooku with Maul meeting his demise at the hands of Anakin, he 1st real taste of Vader.

N.) Count Dooku runs the Droid Army or
    N,) Count Dooku runs the Clone Army against the Republic

O.) General Grevious has a major role in ROTS outlasting even Dooku or
    O.) General Grevious is cut into spare parts by Obi-wan at the beginning of ROTS leaving Dooku, Sidious, Yoda, Anakin, Obi-Wan Confrontation at the End after Sidious reveals himself and takes out Mace Windu's Arresting party.

Finish the rest later.............

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'll take GL's story any day over anyone else's especially fans.

3. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
  4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  5. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    First of all-- shouldn't these choices be given different letters, or numbers? And I thought a butterfly ballot was confusing...

And anyway. Lloyd was fine at playing an 8 year old kid. Sure, you can argue that Anakin should've been older, but he wasn't, so whatever.

They blockade Naboo because Naboo's Senator is levying taxes on the trade routes they use. They're a greedy corporation and they don't want to pay taxes, so they invade the planet and ally with Darth Sidious, who promises to back their play. It's a small enough situation that it could've been contained and controlled as a political gambit had it not been for the intervention of the Jedi, whereas invading a major planet and blocking shipping lanes would've antagonized more systems.

Something of a paradox though, isn't it? If he's not present enough for there to be a backlash, why dedicate any time to him being violently killed?

I actually liked the Yoda puppet in TPM. I even like the different facial design. And as for his bureaucratic role in the story-- well, he does more than he did in ROTJ.

Wow, this is an old, boring complaint. I'll wait for when Qui-Gon is castigated.

And then, Darth Maul would likely no longer be as cool. I'm reminded of the difference between Silence of the Lambs and every other movie with Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lector. Sometimes less is more.

So, he's essentially a non-character until the battle in which he dies? Great, now his death means absolutely nothing. Whereas in the TPM we have, we spend most of our time with him, and thus his death comes as more of a blow. Call it the Ned Stark effect.

Kinda hard to see how he would've escaped slavery from anyone as ruthless and powerful as the Hutts. Watto being smaller on the food chain, on the other hand, is easier to buy. Otherwise, they're basically the same.

Wouldn't this mean more if Qui-Gon was the main character, and not just an also-ran up until his death?

...and Anakin? What, so the duel becomes three-on-one? And shouldn't Anakkin be busy dogfighting up in space?

Anyway. Movie-where-villain-gets-cut-in-half > movie-where-villain-gets-away. The more people-getting-cut-in-half in movies, the better.

Isn't that exactly what happens, just with "droids" exchanged for "clones"?

I'll take additional character development over obsessively literalizing everything from past backstories.

Okay. So... multiple duels with multiple duellists. Yeah, that's not gonna get confusing at all.

Why? The Republic doesn't even have an army without the clones. Is this just because everyone assumed that "The Clone Wars" sounded like something where the Jedi fought clones, instead of fighting alongside them? God forbid we get something surprising...

Um... So, another big lightsaber free-for-all at the end, instead of just two one-on-one fights? At what point does this just turn into watching a bunch of kids play Super Smash Bros.?

K. Maybe you'll explain where the X-Men come into this, then.

6. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    Starwars2015 You are a genius.... That's how it should have been!

janstett likes this.
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    You want a cookie for that fail? P

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  8. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012

I don't understand the voting system, but I like your thinking.

9. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
  10. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    Ah, another "I could have done it better" post.

11. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    The ST will be hear in less then 2 years, let's look forward and not back.

Jarren_Lee-Saber and janstett like this.
  12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Lock of the weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.