main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The Prequels Strike Back: A Fan's Journey Documentary

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by X Wing, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X Wing

X Wing Jedi Master star 1

Feb 20, 2016
    I am anticipating this documentary on the Prequels...

ObiWanKnowsMe and AshiusX like this.
  2. Darthman92

Darthman92 Force Ghost star 6

Feb 24, 2016
    Anybody when that is supposed to come out?

3. AshiusX

AshiusX Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 7, 2016
    I can't wait to see this!

Sometimes it feel like we PT fans don't ever exist!:(

4. X Wing

X Wing Jedi Master star 1

Feb 20, 2016

they have a website:

http://prequelsstrikeback.com/

but no release date yet.

Tonyg, mes520 and Darthman92 like this.
  5. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    If those critics in the spotlight are the protagonists of the movie, I would say: Good job! but why, why they didn't include a woman's opinion. The feminine side of those movies is something unexplored (by critics) but very interesting.

6. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

They interviewed at least one woman, Susan Turpin. There could be others.

Ezon Pin and Tonyg like this.
  7. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015

Sadly, most of the female opinions I see are on the internet. The general geek culture, has a lot of guys as a vocal point.

Then again, I do see a lot more woman then 10 years ago being more vocal nerds than anything. Times have changed.

Honestly, I'm just tired of seeing the typical geek on SW. I would like to hear something quite different.

8. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I agree. I like how women are being more vocal on geek culture but the issue is, they still aren't completely accepted by angry male geeks. There is still a misogynistic opinion on women who like SW and I'm sick of seeing some 40 year old neckbeard whine about them. It is quite refreshing to see women with YouTube channels who openly talk about the saga. If there is one thing I love about SW in the past 5-6 years, I like that they are opening up for women to have bigger roles like Rey, the Rogue One protagonist (sorry don't know the name :p) and Ahsoka, regardless whether or not if I like the characters themselves.

9. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    At the beginning, this documentary was supposed to be released before The Force Awakens, which almost seemed unrealistic, since this project only begun a couple of month before (around may or june 2015). I think it should be released this summer...

10. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015

Some of these, are mutually exclusive to the internet medium, Therefore, do not affect the outside realm(Neck beards)

There is a myth, that socially, women are not accepted into the geek community. This is false. Women are actually wanted into the geek media very much so. And you are correct that some geeks don't, but What is right is that women aren't of the general vocal points of the geek media. This has always been the case. But in specific places of the geek media, they are.

Take undertale. That community is made up of mostly women, and that's not including tumblr. Or the Tales Series. While you see more males in the US(this is because they are on popular sites like reddit and gamefaqs), In japan, it's made up of mostly females. Teen Titians, stevens universe, Zelda, etc.

SW always really had a good blend between men and women in the community. Sure that the vocal geeks are mostly of men, but SW is one of the few communities where you have both genders, are mostly in harmony. Of course, this is all based off my perspective of observation since the early 2000's, following the nerd culture and watching it grow,

Valency Jane and Deliveranze like this.
  11. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Good point. I was saying that the biggest proprietors of SW though, both positive and negative, from my experience, is mostly men. Colliders, RLM, etc. It is becoming more and more open though, so at the very least, that is the best part. Unfortunately, brash, chuave and misogyny still gets people far when it comes to taking about SW still.

Ezon Pin likes this.
  12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Sometimes I think that but then it's never long before something like this pops up. The PT is loved by many! :D

Deliveranze likes this.
  13. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Yep. I was on a SW video that had nothing to do with the PT themselves and one of the top comments said, "I was going to like this video until the PT shaming." It had 96 up likes. :D

AshiusX likes this.
  14. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Stop trolling the thread.

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    "Your arrogance blinds you."

Ezon Pin, jimkenobi and Deliveranze like this.
  16. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    40 year old basement neckbeards detected in the thread.

jimkenobi likes this.
  17. AshiusX

AshiusX Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 7, 2016

Are you taking about Darth Vader?:p

Anakin Skywalker always complained about not being taken seriously, whined constantly, and obsessed over one girl for decades who he called "m'lady". He was the original neckbeard.

[​IMG]

http://reddit.h0.re/post/41jiwv/Ana...ssed_over_one_girl_for_decades_who_he_called_

Ezon Pin and Deliveranze like this.
  18. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Damn! :p Only if we ever saw the kid with any facial hair. :p

19. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Guys, can we please not get another TPSB thread shut down?

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    As mes520 pointed out, there was a previous iteration of this thread. Seagoat and I have allowed this one to continued on a very closely-watched basis.

redlightning's trolling has been dealt with. Unfortunately, further trolling will likely lead to the end of this thread. If you would like an explanation, please PM me.

SW Saga Fan, Ezon Pin and mes520 like this.
  21. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015

Unfortunately, some people never learn... But I'll stop at this...

Deliveranze, mes520 and heels1785 like this.
  22. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    I don't know if it has been noticed already, but there have been some updates last month regarding the people interviewed in the documentary. I'm rather interested in what these people have to say: http://prequelsstrikeback.com/

mes520 likes this.
  23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I am very excited to see it. Will be a welcome addition to the SW documentary stable.

mes520 likes this.
  24. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    Some news regarding the documentary.

The documentary will be released digitally on September 14th 2016. A theatrical premiere of the documentary will also occur in Austin, Texas on October 6th 2016. You can learn more about the announcement at the following link:

http://prequelsstrikeback.com/2016/06/15/announcements/

Tonyg and mes520 like this.
  25. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Good to finally have this announcement but I think it is a poor decision by the filmmaking team to essentially make this a documentary you have to buy on disc or purchase digitally.

All of the PT bashing videos are out there on youtube for free and always have been. Many of them went viral because of the fact they were able to be linked and shared for free via youtube.

The way they have this documentary set up now, only "the choir" (PT lovers like ourselves) are going to bother putting down the cash for this. When you have a whole legion of SW fans and movie geeks that are complete haters of the PT that feel the films and anything about them are not worth people's time and money anyways, then who out there that dislikes the films are even going to bother with this?

The word needs spread about this. It needs to be shared so the world can see this and hopefully it could go viral. But sadly I don't think that is possible at this point unless they are planning a free release on youtube sometime after September.

Also, it is suprising they appear to be making money off of this. Fans already donated over $10,000 so they could produce the documentary. I thought they were just doing it as fans for the love of the material and not to make money, which does appear to be the case.

Very disappointing.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.