main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The Prequels Strike Back is now available

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by {Quantum/MIDI}, Sep 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015

"We've been expecting you"

SW Saga Fan and Sepra like this.
  2. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Where is it available?

3. Carlandrea

Carlandrea Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2016
    wait is it really available?

4. bigtukker

bigtukker Jedi Master star 2

Sep 22, 2012

It's €8,99 though

5. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015
    Sorry for not giving more information, I've been at work..

It's available from what I know online for 2.99$ for rent on YouTube or Amazon. I'll check upon the website when I'm back at home..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonyg likes this.
  6. X Wing

X Wing Jedi Master star 1

Feb 20, 2016
    I received my official copy...going to watch it tonight!

Deliveranze likes this.
  7. X Wing

Feb 20, 2016
    I am loving this documentary...

SW Saga Fan, Deliveranze and mes520 like this.
  8. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I just watched the free 11 minutes and OMG I need to see it!!!

9. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    I just watched it. Pretty solid, though the first 1/3 or so was probably the best part. The rest kind was just talking about star wars in general, not really the merits of the prequels.

The highlight for me was probably the music guy. It was the first time I've heard that the love theme is a halfway point between luke's theme and leia's theme. Very cool.

SW Saga Fan, Tonyg and X Wing like this.
  10. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    I wonder how HelloGreedo, 1/2 the gang on Colider, Simon Pegg & all the other PT bashers will respond?

11. X Wing

Feb 20, 2016
    I really loved this documentary. Well done! Solid.

The general Star Wars talk wasn't too much for me as it highlighted the mythological origins from another perspective.

I also agree that the musical parallels was one of many highlights in the documentary. Its not by accident as one commentator said....awesome stuff.

SPOILER:

I Love this quote from the documentary:

12. MrCody

MrCody Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2013
    Ill check this out was a good watch

Tonyg likes this.
  13. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Just watched this. It's pretty solid in making the case for why the films deserve to be appreciated, but the structure could have been more thematically cohesive.

SW Saga Fan likes this.
  14. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Was there anything new or revelatory in it? Something that hasn't already been said in forums such as these?

KaleeshEyes and DarthCricketer like this.
  15. Kuro

Kuro Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    They actually expect people to pay for this? Some passion project. A guy like Vic Mignogna actually put $40,000 of his own personal money into recreating a single episode of the original STAR TREK series…and you can watch it for free on YouTube. You don’t have to pay a thing and he knows that he’ll never see that money again. That’s a guy driven by passion and a love for the franchise.

16. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015
    Thread better not turn out sour or it gets locked regardless. I'm watchin this thread like a hawk...

Check yourself a before you post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Not particularly, although I did enjoy seeing the direct homages that Lucas paid to silent film comedians like Buster Keaton and Harold Lloyd in relation to Jar Jar in TPM.

I'd still recommend the documentary, because while it isn't a full on endorsement of the prequels, it does it's job in exploring their essential connections to the OT, and further, Lucas' place as both a film pioneer and a film artist.

18. Torib

Torib Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2016
    Are you talking about Star Trek Continues? That's a very well-done fan series, but I think they are funded by kickstarter donations. Hmm, looking it up it appears they've taken in over $200,000 in donations for the next single hour-long episode. Which is great actually, I think they do a good job. But it seems funny that you would use that as an example of how money isn't necessary for passion projects, when Vic Mignogna himself clearly feels that it is, since why else would he solicit so much in donations? Anyway, probably best not to derail the thread.

19. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    So now we're going to bash the makers of the doc for wanting to...make money? Allll right.

20. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    If you have contributed to the project, you can have a free view of the entire documentary (an e-mail would be sent to you by the Ministry of Cinema if you have left your e-mail adress when making the donation last year). Since I've donated for to the making of the documentary, I could watch the full version of the documentary for free.

I've watched it twice (Sunday and yesterday evening) and I have to say that it's very good and solid! Very interesting even, they've done a very good job for a low budget documentary! It takes a fair view and analysis on both the prequel and original trilogies. There were also a couple of funny moments like with Kevin Smith and other Star Wars fans!

Tonyg, Sepra, CIS Droid and 5 others like this.
  21. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

It also has very nice editing, camera work, lighting, etc.

The one new thing I definitely remember is how Across the Stars is a melding of Luke's Theme and Leia's Theme.

Also while some of this information might not be new to Star Wars fans like us, it would probably be new to a casual fan.

22. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015
    Honestly 2.99 is not a big ask. Heck, I Patreon a few people for youtube content as well as e-zines, and most of those vids are shorter run times. It's just a matter of if the subject matter appeals to you. Complaining about something like this not being free is just a symptom of the internet piracy age (though I do understand that money is tight sometimes, also I personally don't buy digital content 99% of the time because I prefer physical media). I'll try to get around to watching this in the next week or so. If I really enjoy it, I might try to help organize to get it a screening at our local theater.

Tonyg, Huttese 101 and JoshieHewls like this.
  23. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    SW Oxygen did talk about how it relates to the main theme but I don't recall them talking about it's relation to Leia's theme but then the way JW works they all have the same DNA roots and he plays around be it the main titles, Vader's theme, Anakin's theme, Across the Stars, Rey's theme, Luke and Leia and so on.

Yes it's for fans but is not going to have anything much "new" for us. Now for most of the other fans I know it would.

Still I found it very entertaining. My only problem with it is that I wish it was longer.

That was never the purpose.

It was about having an open mind about the movies as opposed to the closed ones that those fans who were so disappointed went in with.

It touched upon many things but they were not going to go full film geek in-depth exploration. This was made for a general fan audience in mind.

24. X Wing

Feb 20, 2016
    I just saw the behind Ned the scenes footage. Really cool stuff.

Kevin smith loves the darts maul and qui-gon dual

25. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015

I've just watched the behind the scenes, I really liked what Chris Gore said about what early cinema in 1970's did and what they almost never do today: showing a character thinking. For example, we see Luke thinking in A New Hope when watching at the twin suns, and we see Anakin thinking when making his choice between the light and the dark side at the Jedi Temple in Revenge of the Sith.

He said that sudio's executives usually send notes to the film-makers regarding these types of scenes saying that those scenes should be cut from the movie since, according to them, nothing happens in those scenes. Strangely, it was those types of scenes which were the most powerful ones in both the prequels and originals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.