main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

the prequels

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by battlewars, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. battlewars

battlewars Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    would people have enjoyed them more if they were released once a year like originally planned?

2. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    Once a year? Haven't heard that one before.

I disagree--the overkill would've made them FAR LESS enjoyable(And don't say LotR--that was really one giant movie divided into three). IMO, the three-year gap is perfect :)

3. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    If they were released once a year, the movie would of sucked because it takes 3 years to fit in all the effects and stuff like that.

4. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I tend to agree. One year apart only worked for LOTR because they shot them all at once. And Jackson says if anyone is considering doing that, DON'T...

5. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    LotR was basically one big story, the movies all fitting in perfectly with little to no downtime, as if it was one big movie cut into three separate parts.

Now, Star Wars is one big story too, but the movies take place at different intervals in an overall timeline-- the time between TPM and AotC is 10 years, for example, and between AotC and RotS we have the Clone Wars, which is a veritable field day for authors. If the movies had been released so close together, not only would promotional details get mushed, but there also wouldn't have been that great opportunity to read through Clone Wars EU and lead up to the opening of RotS.

6. battlewars

Mar 5, 2005
    it was a rumor in now defunct sci fi universe magazine that joe johnston would shoot them back to back and also lucas kind of hinted at it in those leonard maltin interviews on the thx ot tapes

7. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    People were/are going to enjoy or dislike the PT no matter when they were released. Spacing them out over a few years doesn't change the hype, expectations, and personal preferences that all factor into one's opinion of these movies.

8. battlewars

Mar 5, 2005
    i just think it wouldve been interesting thas all

9. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    I personally would have liked it as I hate to wait a long time for movies :p But honestly? I think as soon as one movie came out people would have immediately begun talking about the next one and the ones before would just sort have been forgotten. Or not forgotten exactly but perhaps put on the back burner almost immedately. Just my two cents.

10. Obi-Jay_Kenobi

Obi-Jay_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2002
    for me personally, part of the fun this whole Prequel ride was the anticipation. I love watching all the making of.. webdocs...all the merchandise slowing starting to release....the books and stories...it has prolonged and enhanced all the fun....

11. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    ^
    I agree completely.

Had these movies been released one year apart each, the experience of new Star Wars films would have been finished four years ago. None of us would be on this board today.

I am actually very, very sad that all of the anticipation will end in only a few short weeks. May 19th will truely mark the end of my childhood. :(

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.