main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY The Presidential Election 2003: Questions For The Candidates

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by StarFromIHJ, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    As the current President I felt that we should know a little bit about the people who are running for the position before voting on Saturday. Please ask them questions relating to the club and the election. Please avoid asking personal questions. The candidates are not obligated to answer your question. They have the option of choosing what questions they want to answer or if they will even answer.

Please number all your questions. Have the number of your first question in your post start with the number immediately following the previous post. Never start with one. This will help the candidates clarify which answer relates to each question better.

1. What experience do you have in being an officer in a club?

2. Name at least one event that the club has not discussed before that you would like to hold this year.

2. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999

A) I have been on the staff of SWNYC, as well as I am currently the Chapter representative of Docking Bay 516.

2. Name at least one event that the club has not discussed before that you would like to hold this year.

A) I would like to have a summer beach party and or a Paintball outing.

:)

"Thank you for your support" :)

3. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002

Honestly, none. But I like to think that's a plus - I have no bad habits yet. :)

Wow, we've done so much already in the past few months, it's hard to think of anything we haven't done, or talked about doing. I think one of the things I'd like to do is plan some overnighters (something we have talked about). Trying different places, different times of the year. As we grow, a future plan could be mini-cons, centered around other events.

Oh yes. And world peace. ;)

4. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    As a voting member of the group in this election, Id like some our current leaders Darth venom and Star to inform us of what the presidents duties are.
    If all the members know what is expected of the president, then we can vote appropriately. --Billy

5. Darth Venom

Jun 6, 1999
    Good question Billy. Here's a rough list of what the President's job is:

1. Maintain and run the DB516 mailing list.
    2. Set agenda for meetings
    3. Arrange club "chat" sessions
    4. be responsible for holding/maintaining all DB516 material (ie; Banners, etc.)
    5. work with CR, EC, and members to ensure preparations for events are done in a timely and professional manner.
    6. Work with the CR to ensure good working relations with other Fan groups.

That's all I can think of right now, I'm sure there's more.

6. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Thanks Jay for clearing that up.
    Funny though, that two of the 6 items involve the City rep working with the President.
    Jay if you win the presidency, already being city rep, you'll have to work with yourself alot. LOL :)
    But seriously if Triss becomes Pres, it will be good to spread out the responsibility in the club between you both.
    Good luck and may the force be with you both . . .always. --Billy

7. Darth Venom

Jun 6, 1999
    Thanks Billy, I'm used to working with myself, lol, seriously though, I agree that responsibility should be spread out.

8. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    There's a joke in that somewhere. But I'm not going to say it. ;)

9. Darth Venom

Jun 6, 1999
    LOL, I'm glad somebody else got the joke, I was afraid if nobody did everyone would be looking at me odd at the meeting on Sat.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.