main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Pretentious Title--D6 Post RPG

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Koohii, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    "Ah, well if one of the more importants is some form of noble, that one remained behind at the equivalant to a village I'm comming from. Either way I wanted to try and save the others." Yuul says as he finishes loading and hops into the vehicles, giving Tilly a hand.

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    The two new arrivals do help with loading and storing gear. "Nobles, ey? If you left him behind, I'm guessing it was somewhere safe. Better to get the ones out from hostile hands first."

You now have the gear stored aboard the box on treads that passes for a local vehicle.

3. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    After making sure everything is stowed Yuul grabs a seat, and if only one is left he lets Tilly have it while he holds on. "Ok Tilly, what is the best route that will get us by unnoticed from here?"

4. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Tilly guides the vehicle in a long, round-about route.
    You pass by several abandoned vehicles, wrecks, and remote buildings that look like they've been looted and burned. Several small clusters that might have been towns look hollow and empty. Tilly points out safe water, and makes the driver swerve arround seemingly innocuous terrain. One such spot turns out to be a mine-field, another home to burrowing "abominations". Toward dusk, she points to another ruined town. "That should be safe for sleeping. Don't want to be moving at night. Abom'nations huntn. Been here a'fore."
    The town looks like about half a dozen blocky single-level commercial buildings and about a dozen dome-shaped homes. About 2/3 of the buildings are obviously structurally damaged, and many shows signs of fire. Years of neglect don't make the town look any more hospitable.

5. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    "Thanks Tilly." Yuul says in reply, before continuing to speak to the others, "In this case we should probally find whichever one is the most defensible, in the event we are attacked in the middle of the night. We should probaly also hide the vehicle somewhat."

6. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Grantois points at one of the buildings. "That one looks like it has a decent sized vehicle bay." As the sun sets, the other buildings begin to look more and more like desolate markers of ancient graves. Arkarian looks at the other buildings. "Which one do you want to try? Looks like maybe a supply store, an eatery, vehicle service/repair, not sure about the other two, and a bunch of homes. Probablly should stay close to that oven on tracks of a vehicle, but we should check the other buildings to make sure they're clear."

7. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Yuul thinks for a moment before replying, "Let's park this vehicle over there and start a sweep of the other nearby main structures. We will need to be cautious, It's going to get dark quickly with the sun going down."

8. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    You get a lay of the area. One of the buildings is indeed suitable for hiding the vehicle, and there's a house nearby that, while primitive, has a roof and running water (no power).

The shops are full of old machinery and tools. Some chemical reagents are in the cleaning supplies. The air is heavy with neglect.
    You also find monstly decomposed remains, presumablly of the townspeople, unattended around in the buildings.

9. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Yuul takes one last look across the town before saying, "Well, it looks like this house is our best bet for the night. We should probally set up some watches."

10. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Grantois and Arkarian readily agree to a watch rotation.
    Arkarian wakes Yuul to report scratching noises during his shift, but whatever was making the noises doesn't seem to have left any obvious signs.

Yuul's watch doesn't seem eventful, but he has a sudden feeling of something around. There's a faint hum of power somewhere nearby that is not in accordance with the desolate town.

>>Perception roll please. If you have Enhanced Senses you can give me an appropriate roll for that first, then combine your force power with your hearing/search dice.

11. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Yuul's insticts have him a bit on edge. He has a feeling that the group is no longer alone in the town, and the report of scratching noises earlier doesn't bode well.
    -------------------

I dont have enhanced senses so here is my perception roll

Perception Roll: 4+6=10

12. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Yuul is certain there is something nearby. It also seems to be somewhere underneath the livingroom of the house he's camped in.

13. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Yuul turns to the naerest sleeping member of their impromptu group and attempts to wake him, before saying, "There's something that seems to be under the floor, some sounds. I'm certain that something is close. Did we find a basement entrance in here?"

14. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Grantois looks over with a mumble "hra-uh?" He listens for a few seconds, waves a hand dismissively and lies back down. Then you hear the noise again and he sits bolt upright. "I didn't see any basement from the outside." Yuul didn't see any doors inside that could lead to a basement. "Maybe someone clever hid a secret storage hold? Or a bolt hole? If they were waiting for rescue, they were certainly in for a major disappointment. Do you want to search now, or wait til morning? If we find it ourselves, we only have to split what we find two ways." He raises an eyebrow.

15. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    "Let's look for it now, I'm more concerned that something might be considering us a tasty snack, or perhaps possible slaves. Either way we should find out what it is."

16. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Grantrois smiles and starts moving quietly around and listening. He promply focuses on the living room area, placing his ear to the walls, then the floor. Finally he lifts a thin scrap that was probablly once a nice rug. Underneath is a trapdoor. "Lookie, lookie, lookie here... Wonder what loot is down below," Grantrois whispers. "Think they boobietrapped it?"

17. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    "Hmm, I don't think so but we best be careful in opening it." Yuul says in reply, before moving to cautiously slowly open the trapdoor.

18. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    The door opens with a soft hiss. Grantois looks down the dark ladder and takes out a glowrod. The ladder has far more rungs than you'd expect for the short distance involved--30 rungs to cover one level. He shines the beam about a bit, obviously looking for something, then starts down the ladder. He looks around at the bottom then waves Yuul down.
    As Yuul gets off the ladder, a grating voice calls out, "Halt! I-I-Identify! Who are y-You? Why are you he-Hear?"

19. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Yuul climbs down the ladder cautiously before responding, "Perhaps we should both introduce ourselves, as we have just as much reason to ask you the same question" Yuul keeps looking around, trying to determine where the voice is coming from.

20. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Yuul sees two faintly glowing electronic telltales in the darkness.
    "Y-You are not the registered own-errs. I-den-ti-fy!"

"We could just shoot," Grantois mutters. "Find out who it is later..."

21. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Yuul shook his head, "No, we won't harm it. Listen, we mean you no harm unless you intend it on us. Come into the light so that we may both see each other."

22. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    What emerges from the darkness is a little unexpected. It is definately a droid. The torso is an inverted pyramid of stacked donuts. Two thin but sturdy legs end in treaded feet. The head is a wide bulb, wider than the shoulders of an R2 unit. Two "eyes" project above the head in narrow slits. Yuul vaguely remember the chassis type as a JCN (sometimes "JaCeN"). The line lasted a long time until Industrial Automaton's models drastically outperformed JCN's line and drove the company to backruptcy. Which model is unclear--they all had the same frame, with only the heads to differentiate function. That's all Yuul remembers.
    Not surprizing that such an outdated droid would be found on a planet that's been isolated for so long.

"Recognition code not given. Voice print not recognized. JCN 'Toadie' 147-39-Q23P. Identify or I shall alert civil authorities."

23. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    "Listen, I'm not sure what the time is that you think it is but there are no civil authorities anywhere nearby or for that matter on this world at the moment. As to who I am I am Yuul Shamar." Yuul kept his hands clear from his weapons at the moment to continue showing he meant it no harm.

24. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    "Illogical. There are civil authorities on this planet. Protocol insists that I ask you to leave before my owner returns. This portion of the house is reserved for him alone."

"Sure you don't want to blast this thing and see what it's protecting?"

"My audio receptors registered that comment. Please leave, or I will sound the alarm, alert civil authorities, and summon my master home."

25. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Yuul was really getting irritated at this droid. "Tell me the time droid. What time is it?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.