The Pretentious Title--D6 Post RPG

Discussion in 'Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Koohii, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "The time is 03:21:33" the numbers appear on what appears to be a vidscreen that takes up the bulk of his head. "03:21:34" "03:21:35" ... The numbers continue.
  2. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

star 4
    "And what time was it the last you saw your master?" Yuul Says in response.
  3. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "39 years, 8 months, 5 days, 15 hours, 42 minutes and 19 seconds." Again, the numbers display on the monitor head.
    "39 years, 8 months, 5 days, 15 hours, 42 minutes and 20 seconds."
    "39 years, 8 months, 5 days, 15 hours, 42 minutes and 21 seconds."
    "39 years, 8 months, 5 days, 15 hours, 42 minutes and 22 seconds."
  4. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

star 4
    "And how old was he when you last saw him? Was he human? If so after a certain amount of time he would be dead."
  5. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "Master is 23 years old. Average human life span is 70-130 years. It is entirely possible he was simply delayed. Humans have been injured and lived in deep coma for many years and recovered. We are well within that possibility range. Master had no relatives or family to speak of, and was not in communication with them. Furthermore, none of the friends or collegues were aware of or had been invited into this emergency shelter. They would have no reason to look for it. Neither would civil authorities. No attempt by emergency medical services has been made to access this house, personal records, or financial records. There is nothing to indicate his death or incapacity."
  6. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

star 4
    "Are you aware that this entire town is abandoned? Either it is do to that as to why we chose to rest here. May I ask who your master was? Either way would it be possible for us to stay in the rooms upstairs for the night? We will be on our way in the morning."
  7. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "Illogical. Why would this town be abandoned? It was a major refuling depot and transport junction to the far reaches. Master is Administrator Harson Kerrod. He shall be returning shortly. If you would like, I can page him so that you may ask his hospitality."
  8. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

star 4
    "Umm, ok. So you have known he would be comming back at this time from all those years ago?" Yuul wondered if this man had become one of the brute or perhaps really was dead. "Go ahead." Yuul hoped he wasn't getting them all killed.
  9. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "I expect my Master to return at any time. One momment please."
    The countdown numbers disappear from the droid's viewer head. Instead are a series of artistic landscape images, with mechanical chirp sounds.
    Then the image shifts. It takes a momment to realize that the image is sideways. You are treated to the dubious pleasure of an extreme close-up image of someone's ear, followed by an eye. "Leave that alone, brute," orders a voice similar to an old Peter Loree. "It's just an old communicator. One of your brothers probablly found one and pushed the buttons at randon." The view shifts again. The droid helpfully adjutst the perspective so that it isn't sideways. "Heh. Now, let's see what they've brought. Heh. Heh. Ah. Ow. Our new guests have arrived. I hope they are pretty. And no scarsss. Master does not like it when they have scarsss. Oh, there they are..." Three people in the same emergency environment suits you took from the escape pod are dragged into the room. Their wrists are bound and cables attached. They stumble from trying to walk too far too fast. "You! Remove those suits. NO! ...slowly. One at a time. First, those helmets... Oh, they are lovely indeed. You did well. All female... Not like that last time when you botched the job! Aha. ah. Next. Slowly..."

"My Master does not appear to be answering. I think I should inform you that he is not present in the video feed. Perhaps whoever attacked him and put him in a coma also stole his commlink."
  10. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

star 4
    "Do you have any visual pictures that we might use? We are on our way to save some companions of mine and if we see him we might be able to rescue him as well."
  11. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "Sir, I have been his companion and assistant for more than 60 years. I have a complete holographic family album going back 18 generations from my predecessor's purchase date. If you seek to rescue my master from some horrible fate or tragic circumstance, I would be pleased to loan you my assistance. I am sure, under the circumstance, he would not object to the use of his home, nor your borrowing any supplies that might be here."
  12. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

star 4
    Yuul bowed slightly to the droid, "Thank you, we will do the best we can." He turned to the guy next to him, "Do you have a datapad with you? We might be able to use it so he," Yuul pointed at the droid, "can give us the most recent photo he has?"
  13. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Grantois grunts, "Yeah, sure. I guess," and takes out a datapad.
    One of the many hatches around the uppermost ring of the droid opens, and a datajack emerges. "Is there anything else I can get for you, sir?" the droid chirps. It appears to be quite perky, like a small pet who is only barely too polite to leap into your lap with the eagerness it feels.
  14. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

star 4
    "Thank you, now I don't think we need any supplies so we should be on our way in the morning."
  15. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "Very good, sir. If you should need anything else, please let me know."

Grantois looks arround briefly "Probablly not worth the trouble of searching arround down here. What a bust." He grumbles and mutters something about going back to sleep and goes back up the ladder.

Yuul?
  16. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

star 4
    Yuul watched as the other man left before turning to the droid. "Out of curiosity what is down here?" His tone, and the way he held himself indicated curiosity, not one intending looting.
  17. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "Oh, we have a variety of items." The droid turns on the lighting system. "As you can see, a luxury sleeping suite, autochef, refresher system, the latest in entertainment viewing, my master's personal and business computers, Djeric game, wardrobe, medical gear, tools, and many other items. We even have quarters for his daughter, and a Nannybot 3800 series to provide for her education."
    "Master did not have all of this originally. He purchased and installed most of it during the year before his last departure. I believe he was looking for his daughter. They should be back at any time. Would you like to see more images? Your associate's computer seemed to have plenty of space, so I took the liberty of sending over a variety of images of both parents. I was surprized he could carry a computer that heavy. Most humanoids are not strong enough to casually carry a mainframe."
  18. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

star 4
    Yuul nodded, "Technology has advanced a good bit in the past few decades." Yuul gives the datapad if its still in his hands to the droid to download pictures of the family. "I'm sure if you look at the system's base data you would find it's production date."
  19. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The droid chirps. "'Archaic systems interface activated?' How rude."
    In spite of the age and lack of habitation, this place seems to be clean and in excedingly good repair. Only a thin layer of dust has settled. Yuul recognizes a number of older systems that were still in use in his childhood years.
  20. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

star 4
    Yuul contained a laugh at the droids response to the datapad. "Well I need to go back up and finish my watch rotation, we'll be leaving in the morning. Was a pleasure meeting you, I hope we find him along with the others."

21. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "Have a good night, sir. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. Master has left me here alone for quite some time. Aside from that last attempt to contact him a few minutes ago, I've been cut off from the outside world since he left. A less self-contained droid might have gone a bit peculiar, logically speaking, under similar circumstances."
  22. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

star 4
    "Indeed, have a good night yourself." Yuul said as he climbed up the ladder and back into the room.
  23. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The rest of the night is uneventful.

>>I'm going to be away for the weekend. Next post Sunday night of Monday morning.
  24. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: ok see you then, wear you going?
  25. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    >>Sorry about the delay. Divorce & work have kept me busy.

In the morning, you put together what you can for breakfast from the supplies given. Mmmmmmm... nutrition supplements--looks like cardboard, but half as tasty. Filtered water--too bad it doesn't filter the taste.

Tilly steers the course with several dog-leg sidetracks which she assures avoid trouble.

It's nearly noon when she says "We 'aught t'stop 'fore them brutes spot the cloud from thiz dustwagon. We hoof it from here. Safer. 'Sides, what difference does another hour make to them skyfall queens? They've already been there nearly a day. 'S'not like they're gonna get any better."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.