The Pretentious Title--D6 Post RPG

Discussion in 'Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Koohii, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 3, 2004
    star 4
    "So you would estimate it would only be another hour or so to travel time then Tilly?" Yuul asked the redhead, while keeping an eye out for any scouts. He also checked the power supply for his pistol, and more carefully made sure his lightsaber was still hidden but in easy reach.

  2. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    "'cHa. Something like that. Unless the wayz blocked. Then we take the under-road, which is shorter, but gots critters an' abom'nations livin' in't"
  3. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 3, 2004
    star 4
    Yuul turned to the others. "Ok we best load up with what we can reasonably carry that won't slow us down by to much. Make sure we have decent med supplies as well."

  4. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    The others look through the gear left on the vehicle and seem fairly content with what they carry. OK, Grantois decides to grab an extra water canteen.
    Tilly finds a harness belt with what she considers important--mostly local food & water, and a very large knife.

    When everyone's ready, she leads off.

    The terrain is mostly broken rock. Red rock. Slippery red rocks. Slippery shards of red rocks. Oooh, an orange rock--nope, just a trick of the light.
    The pace isn't particularly fast or challenging, but keeping quiet is.
    After about 10 minutes, Tilly ducks back behind the boulder she was rounding. She mutters a particularly effective an eloquent stream of invective detailing genetic and social inadequecies, dubious morals, and deficient biological waste. Grantois and his associate stare in mute appreciation. Then they peak over the top of the bolder for their own assessment.
    "I see three guards close, and another three distant."
    "Those brutes are gonna be every ten minutes or so until the hunt. You want to rescue your Skyfalls before then. We've got about 2 hours to do that. Any Skyfall that enters da hunt isn't gonna be healthy. And if they win, the prize is even worse. We better take the otherway. We might be able ta sneek past the abom'nations. We go this way, and every one of Ovahloads brutes is gonna come down on us."
  5. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 3, 2004
    star 4
    Yuul nodded, "How much time to take the other way?" He peeked for a brief moment himself before ducking back down.
  6. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    Peeking over the boulder, Yuul spots 3 brutes on cycles about 25 meters away, and another two 75 meters beyond that, and what looks like more resting in the shade of a boulder further away, though it's difficult to see how many.

    "About ten minutes back, and halvhour from there. That gets us backway into lab with abom'nations." Tilly shudders and looks down. "You'll watch out for me, right? Not like lashtime... not like lashtime..."
  7. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 3, 2004
    star 4
    Yuul looks over at Tilly, that last bit getting him concerned. "Of course I'll watch out for you. It's what teammates do, regardless how they got thrown together." He said, and at the last bit looked about the impromptu team. "Ok let's take the suggested route Tilly, lead the way."

  8. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    Tilly starts leading the way back. She seems to curl into herself, wrapping her arms around and burying her chin in her chest. Gantrois curses quietly under his breath.

    In short order, Tilly leads you to the entrance of a cave. She seems to sharpen up a bit, crouching low, looking around. "Dark inhere. No sunlights. Abom'nations. Gotta watchit. Look where ya steps and check arround wholeway."
  9. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 3, 2004
    star 4
    Yuul nodded and made sure the others heard her. "Understood, I'm assuming this cave functions as a tunnel of sorts?" He asked, his voice semi-hushed.
  10. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    Tilly nods, then starts leading the way. The cave is suprizingly light. Maybe something in the stone reflects the sunlight down the tunnel. It's nearly 100 meters before the loss of light challenges your vision. Grantrois and his partner break out glowrods.
    The passage winds on. It's dank, but warm. A little clamy. (Think highschool locker-room after the winning football team has just left) You hear dripping water up ahead.

    (In true D&D fashion) The tunnel turns abruptly, and opens into a large chamber. Light streams in from above somewhere. There are pipes across the ceiling, and a net. Most of the chamber is taken up by a pool or reservoir of some kind. It doesn't look very clean. In fact, there's a thick layer of sludge or slime on top. A few rocks or bolders lie in the middle. There's a thin path along the edge of the wall.
  11. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 3, 2004
    star 4
    Yuul looks about and notices the thin path along the wall, gesturing towards while saying softly to Tilly, "What is this place?"

  12. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    Tilly shrugs, then whispers "Water. Don't know why it's here. Don't care. 'Not a tech. Just something to get past."
    She walks slowly and softly around to the thin path of the side. Her ginger footsteps barely make any noise.

    She walks across slowly, but surely.
    The path proves too difficult for Grantois, however, and he falls in the water with a loud splash. The rocks in the middle start moving...
  13. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 3, 2004
    star 4
    Yuul notices the now moving rocks and motions for the others to keep going as he tries to pull Grantois out of the murky deep. "Grab my hand!"
  14. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    "There's something moving in here!" Grantrois yells in between spitting out bracken water. "Yuck." He grab's Yuul's hand while splashing around. He's just about out when a large serpentine head emerges from the water and lunges for him.

    >>Actions?
    >>I'll be out until Sunday night
  15. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 3, 2004
    star 4
    Yuul reached down with his other hand to try to pull him up faster, and then the creature pops up. Yuul, unsure of whether he can pull the man up in time attempts to use his telekinesis, albeit discretely, to delay the creature, hopefully long enough.
    -------------------------------
    Telekinesis Roll(alter): 5+3+5+5=18
  16. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    Grantois strugles to regain the ledge and is just about out, still spitting.
    The serpentine creature in the water is indeed quite large and powerfully built. For some reason, it misses Grantois and slams into the ledge to the side (further along your path).
    Grantois's partner opens up with his blaster carbine, but the energy bolts seem to litterally bounce off the creature, leaving small smoking holes in the dark hide.


    Actions?
    Also, make a perception roll (free action, no penalties)
  17. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 3, 2004
    star 4
    Perception Roll: 6+2+2=10
    ------------------------
    Yuul watches the blaster bolt bounce of the creature and shouts over the sounds of the creature and the water, "Try a vibroblade if you have one!" Yuul resumes his attempt to pull Grantois out of the murky water. Yuul idly considers if the creature would be resistant to a lightsaber as well.
  18. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    Yuul notices a shiney, metalic reflection from the holes where the blaster bolts hit.

    Grantois finishes his inelegant exit from the water and draws his blaster and the creature comes back for another pass. His partner continues to fire with reckless abandon at the creature. The sounds of blaster fire echo throught this chamber. Tilly is squatting on the far side of the ledge with her hands over her ears, wincing and looking aroung wildly.

    Maybe?
  19. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 3, 2004
    star 4
    The sound of blaster fire echoes and reechoes throughout the cavern, almost hurting one's ears. As he finally is able to pull Grantois out of the water he motions for him and the others to move towards the other side, the way they had been going be for. Yuul then notices the creature seems to be metal where the blasts are hitting. "It's a machine! A droid or something!" Yuul prepares to attempt to deflect the creature's onslaught once more with the force to by them time before following them out.
    -----------------------
    Concentrate Roll: 3+6+6=15
    Telekinesis: 2+1+6+1+4+4+4=22
  20. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    "Droid? A sith-spawn droid is trying to eat me? Eat THIS!"
    Grantois pulls out a grenade.

    >>Grenade roll: 5+3+6+6+6+2+1=30
    >>Creature is not dodging

    The grenade goes right down the creature's maw.

    >>Damage roll: 5+3+6+3+6+6+3(CRIPES!)=32
    >>Creature STR roll: 5+2+3+1+2=13

    The explosion ripples throughout the creature, blowing of the covering in a series of shudders. The lower jaw drops off. A gout of fire and debris errupts into the air. Then, for no perceivable reason, it hurls backward and slams into the water. A large cloud of steam and smoke roils out of its wake.

    You hear a hissing noise coming from behind you. Emerging from the water near the side you crossed from are about a dozen appearently female humanoids with aqua skin and sea-weed green hair. They have a variety of weapons, and are hissing. They have scaley skin and you can see throbbing gills on their necks. More seem to be crawling on the ceiling and walls of the cavern.
  21. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 3, 2004
    star 4
    Yuul watches as the creature or droid is dealt with before female figures begin emerging and they don't look friendly. "Go!" He motions for the group to keep moving, hopfully making it out of her before they catch up, and in that event Yuul plays regard, making sure no one reaches his team. He stays right behind whoever is at the rear in their attempt to get out of the lake area and encouraging them and trying to get them to go faster.

  22. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    Tilly is the first to react to Yuul's order, screaming briefly, then running at top speed.
    Grantois slaps a shaped charge on the wall and runs. The sensor register on the fuse is flashing green very rapidly. "We've got 10 seconds. Leg it!"
  23. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 3, 2004
    star 4
    With that Yuul takes off after his team, mentally counting down and hoping he gets out of there in time.
  24. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    There's a loud explosion behind Yuul, and a cloud of dust and dirt roars past everyone.
    "First dragons, then swimmin-womin... I hate these tunnels... These skyfalls we're rescuin better be worth it."
    Nothing follows you from the chamber behind. There is an odd odor of cooked meat, but it quickly fades.

    >>Grantois' demolitions roll: 5+1+5+3=14

    Tilly continues to lead the way through a couple more passages. Suddenly the rough rock walls give way to a steel chamber with a ferrocrete floor. There are pipes, barrels, drums, vats, and tubes everywhere. It's a maze.

    "Let me see if I can remember... This looks a little diff'rent."
    There's a carcase of some humanoid on the floor. Tilly steps over it without looking.
  25. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 30, 2003
    star 5
    Yuul notices that some of the barrels have labels. If those labels are accruate, there are a variety of chemecals present. Some of them are toxic, some are corrosive (as evidenced by the rust at the seams), and a couple are potentially explosive. A couple are more than one of the above. The smell is rapidly becoming unpleasant. Prolonged exposure would doubtless cause severe health problems. Yuul'd want a rebreather mask if spending more than an hour or so.

    Tilly's movements are slower as she seems to be picking her way.

    There's a yell from Grantois' partner. He seems to be suspended in thin air. It take a second for Yuul to see the thin cable he appears to be hanging from. The cable imbeds in the shoulder. You see a barbed hook. Looking up, Yuul sees what looks like a giant grub or larva with a human face and arms that are almost as useless as a Hutt's. Slime and mucus dribble down the sides. The cable/hook is attached to the creature, which is growling as it tries to real the human up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.