main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Pretentious Title--D6 Post RPG

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Koohii, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    Yuul notices the man being hauled up and Yuul's not sure if even a whole second passed before he readied his pistol, attempting to hit the cable holding the man up and hoping he doesn't hit the man he is trying to save.
    -------------

Attack Roll: 5+2+5+4+6=22

Damage: 2+4+6+4=16

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Yuul's blaster shot slices through the line, dropping Grantois' partner onto his glutious maximus. The blubbery creature emits a noise somewhere between a howl and a moan. It is picked up by other voices. In the dark places between the stacks of barrels, shelves, and other detrius, several more of the same creature start moving in the shadows.

Grantois' blaster hits the creature in the... belly? with a sickening splurch. The mucus turns an ugly burt green near the wound, and the pasty larval flesh parts, unleashing a stream of vile brackish fluid.

Tilly drops to a crouch, swinging with a knife when another line from another creature lashes down at her. She does not scream like a little girl.

>>Next round actions?

>>I really should go back and look up Graontois's partner's name at some point. Think it begins with an "A".
    >>Wow--excessive verbiage for one guy falling on his butt and a slimy creature getting shot and bleeding?

3. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    i'm not sure if my character has died or not but I wouldn't mind getting back into this now if that's possible? The other clanger is a lack of a character sheet, you wouldn't happen to have a copy of it still Koohii?

4. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Yuul is relieved that his shot made it but it is cut short when Tilly is wounded. She did not however, scream like a little girl. After a brief glance at her he fire a shot at the creature who hurt her with his pistol.
    -----------------
    Attack Roll: 2+1+4+2+2=11

Damage Roll: 6+3+1+5+6=21

(Too bad it won't likely hit...)

5. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Yuul's shot, in spite of his doubts, sails into the larval creature hanging from the ceiling. It screams and the entry and exit wounds errupt in showers of gore. Grantois fires a flare toward the ceiling. There are dozens more. His partner shoots one, scorching the surface flesh.

Meanwhile...

Madis Vied was delayed in his attempts to join the rescue expedition. With two locals, he set out to try to catch up. At first, he was hours behind, but has been slowly catching up. Pressing on after nightfall last night helped greatly. Unfortunately, one of the guides stumbled into a pit-beast and was eaten in seconds (another of the Chemist's experiments). The backtracking earlier today brought Vied and his remaining guide within minutes of Yuul & Tilly. Still too far back to be seen or heard. Vied's second guide pushed him into a side passage just before being swarmed by a horde of amphibious female creatures. The guide used a grenade to save Vied from being caught, but was too late to save himself.
    The passage wound around to a massive chamber filled with storage crates, shelving units 4 meters tall, barrels, and a foul odor. Vied can see a native female with a knife, Yuul, and two fairly sturdy heavily experienced combat-soldiers (probablly ground-pounders, maybe mercenaries) and strange creatures anchored to the ceiling that look like a segmented pasty-white maggot with a humanoid face and stubby arms. Another part of the creatures is a tail hook, which can reach down from the high ceiling and appearently lift prey, including humans, up to them.

>>Actions?
    (Avoiding tail-hooks is either melee or brawling parry. Any other actions are pretty much the usual. Don't forget the multi-action penalty of 1d per action to all actions for each one beyond the first--1 action is full dice, 2 actions is -1D to both, 3 actions is -2D to all, 4 actions is -3D to all, etc)

6. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    ooc: I'm going to have to take a bit of time to read through the past pages and get back up to speed.

7. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Yuul looks about after his last shot and if any of his fellows are in danger he shoots the ones' threatening them. At the same time he catches sight of one of the passengers from the ship he shared an escape pod with. Shortly after he finds a target...
    ----------

Attack Roll: 2+5+1+6+2=16
    Damage Roll: 5+3+4+3=15

8. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    >>If it helps, your last post was on page 7 of 14 or 14 of 28, depending on your display settings.

Since then, they've found "friendly" natives, had a history lesson, and gone on a quest to rescue other survivors from the brutes who are based on this planet. There are lots of hazardous creatures called abominations, supposedly created by someone called "the Chemist", who in turn serves someone called "The Overlord", a former senator and one-time ally of Palpatine.

9. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Finding a target isn't difficult. There's not much more than 2 meters between these creatures. Grantois and his partner open up. Grantois fires 4 times, the other only twice. Most of their shots score--two shots per target. Ichor drips from the ceiling.
    Tilly slices at another fishing hook and hops to one side. "Aaaahhhh! Scale monsters, swimminwomin, and now blobbomen. We gotta deal with ev'ry abomnation this side of the Ov'lard?"

Another hook lances out for Yuul but bounces from a nearby barrel. Yuul's shot scorches into a tubular sack of muscle and it howls in pain.

>>Next Round
    >>Madis Vied can jump in whenever he's ready.

10. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    "Noone said it was going to be easy, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to stop protecting you." Yuul fired another blast, aiming for any wounded creatures.
    -------------
    Attack Roll: 3+3+6+5+6=23
    Damage Roll: 2+1+6+1=10

11. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Tilly yells and slices at another hook that reaches for her.
    Grantois' partner yells and screams as he is snared and haulled up to the blob/grub on the ceiling. A second larval snares a hook into him on the way up.
    Two hooks plunge at Yuul. They are close and barely miss.

Yuul's shot burns into one, causing it to errupt into ichor.
    Grantois and his partner both fire at one of the larvals that has haulled the partner up, and both score injuries on it.

>>Madis Vied can jump in any time.
    >>Actions?

12. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Yuul took a step back, towards Tilly before firing again, idly wondering how many of these things were here. Without checking the results of the first shot he fired another blast, hoping to lessen the time it took to get out of this room.
    ----------------
    First Attack

Attack: 6+2+4+2+6+4=24
    Damage: 2+4+1+5=12
    --------------
    Second Attack(-1d right?)

Attack: 5+3+1+5=14
    Damage: 4+6+2+6=18
    ------------------
    OOC: These things are those creatures from half life and 2 right?

13. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Grantois and his partner fire wildly at the two holding him, killing both. Grantois stares in surprize as his partner falls 5 meters to the ferrocrete floor. There's a loud crunch.
    Yuul saw many patients in his previous job who had been involved in swoop and speeder collisions. Even at this distance, with a cursory glance, he can tell that not even a full bacta tank could help deal with the injuries sustained.
    Yuul's shots clear through two more of the larvals, leaving burning mucus to drip, and howls.

Tilly points on the other side of a large shelf rack and yells, "There's a door over there we gots ta get through."
    >>For future reference, it's -1d for all actions, so both blaster shots would have been -1D, not just the second. We'll let this one stand.
    >>Neither Yuul nor Madis Vied can see the door from where they're standing, but the general path is clear from Tilly's pointing.
    >>Nope. Though the game may have picked them up from the same movie I stole them from.

14. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    ooc: Koohii, thanks for your help. One of my main concerns was whether the people I came across were hostile or not which was why I would have had to look back through to determine what was going on with regards to the natives.

by the way, Madis is a Llordian, able to read body language well. The description of this ability states 'Allow a Lorrdian character to make a body language or Perception roll...', I want to assume that body language falls under 'languages' in general. I've not gamed with a Llordian before (but always wanted to), is this the case? I will assume it is but let me know, I'm not using it immediately anyway.

Also, i'm so thick (for the record). I've read through the post you made further up but never saw the mention of Yuul until tonight! i need a brain transplant.

IC: Madis approached Yuul and his band, with his DL-6H drawn, but lowered, "Looks like I'm a little late for the party, Yuul. I had to come the long way around, unfortunately those who accompanied me have been consumed by these abominations."

Actions: Perception: 4D
    I want to sense anything I can in the surrounding area, anything that isn't in your general write-up but could prove useful.
    3+5+3+6= 17

15. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Yuul moves briefly to acertain whether the man is unconscious or even alive while yelling over the sounds of combat, "Focus your shots on the creatures between us and the door! Hurry!" Yuul relizes that even if the man is alive and conscious or not they may have to leave him behind, something Yuul desperately hopes not to have to do, and given the injuries he would be unlikely to even move.

16. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Madis is able to see that there are still many creatures hanging on the ceiling. Their body language is primitive and openly hostile, as evidenced by the hook-tails that strike down from the 6-10 meter ceiling to draw potential prey (in this case humans and a Lloridian) up to them. One hook snags a large piece of flesh--looks like an arm--from the quite-deceased soldier-type's body for the lowest form of dining experience.

Grantois yells in anger and frustration and fires a grenade into the ceiling.
    >>Grenade: 4+4+2=10
    >>Damage: 2+6+2+4+5=19

Larval STR rolls to resist damage:
    1+2+3=2 D'OH
    2+2+5=9
    4+2+2=8
    3+2+6=9
    23+1=5
    32+1=6
    A large cluster above a tight squeeze in the shelves & racks is now either dead or unconsions. Bad news is that the explosion seems to have ignighted some of the combustable chemicals.

Yuul is quite sure the man is dead.

Tilly dives and rolls between barrels, crates, and shelves, scampering through tight spaces and squirming to avoid hooks.
    >>Brawling Parry 3+2+6+4=15

17. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Madis Veid

While the native woman tried to dodge her way through to the other side, Madis tried giving her some relief and squeezed off a few shots from his blaster at the fleshy masses who didn't know when to stop.

Actions:
    Two shots (don't know what the difficulty is to hit them, can't be that high though)

Attack 1:
    2 + 5 + 2 = 9

Damage:
    3 + 3 + 6 + 6 + 1 = 19

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Attack 2:
    5 + 5 + 1 = 11

Damage
    6 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 5 = 22

Reactionary Brawling parry

18. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Yuul begins to motion the others to move toward the opening but keeps an eye on the chemicals to see how far they spread. He stays a bit closer to Tilly while firing another shot, aimed at one of the creatures if any still between them and the door ant the path to get their and avoid the chemicals.
    ----------------

Attack: 6+5+5+2+1+5=24

Damage: 5+3+5+3=16

19. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    >>target number to hit a non-dodging exposed target at short range is 10, so no, not hard to hit at all. Down on one knee or partial cover raises target to 13. Prone or heavy cover is 15. +5 per range increment (med, long, extreme).

Both Madis' shots and Yuuls incapacitate Larvals. One of the abominations targetted by Madis is also hit by Grantois. It's body breaks off at the base near the ceiling and crashes in a heap on the floor. Ichor oozes from multiple wounds. It briefly tries to crawl before slumping to the ground.

Tilly follows shouted commands and runs through the shelves in the path cleared by the grenade and blaster shots.

Many of the chemicals appear to be highly flamable. The fire is rapidly spreading along shelves and to other containers. A small 3-liter canister explodes, sending incendiary goo flying to nearby casings.

Grantois calls out, "Run, I'll cover."

20. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Madis Veid

Madis takes Grantois advice and nods in thanks, darting after the native female, the Llordian made a run for it hoping that his speed will get him past the 'blobs' hooks.

Actions:
    Reactionary Brawling parry (if needed)
    5 + 3 + 5 + 3

21. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Yuul nods to Grantois before following Tilly to the door, along with Madis, hoping not to be hooked, and wishing their friend to last long enough to make it as well.
    ---------------

I'm not sure if dodge applies here, does it? Or do I need to make a brawling one?

22. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    >>technically, the creatures are using their tales, which means they are making brawling attacks, which means brawling parry...
    >>unless you're trying to avoid exploding chemical barrels, which would be "dodge".

Madis and Yuul are both able to swerve through the shelves and the fire spreading through them. Blaster fire and screams from the Larval creatures resound over the sound of flames spreading and several explosions. Tilly leads the way through a concrete corridor on the far side of the store-room. Grime and debris of mixed and unknown origin (unless anyone wants to take a look) line the corners of the hall, and the floor is both sticky and slimey.
    Grantois arrives a few seconds behind you. He has an extra blaster carbine slung over his shoulder and is dragging his partner's backpack and belt.
    Explosions are getting louder and more frequent.

23. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Madis continues moving down the corridor, keeping an eye out for any new passage ways or potential foes.

24. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    "I remember you. You were hangin' arround with the rest of the skyfalls thay brought in," Tilly says to Madis. She is obviously full of bluster and spunk.
    Madis:It is also quite obvious that she has a crush on Yuul. Also, the other human was definately no on the Cetacean Princess. Judging from the militaristic demeanor and lack of uniform he's probablly a mercenary. His outfit is very similar to that worn by his now-deceased partner.

The corridor is ferrocrete with a lot of grime and wear&tear. Doesn't look like mainenance or basic cleaning has been done in about 40 years. Indeterminant sludge is on the floor, though the bones and biowaste of the creatures in the chemical room don't reach this far.
    "I don' remember no ceiling fisher from before, but I wuz quieter by myself an' didn' wake 'em up." She glares at Grantois. "Maybe less noise and more sneakin' will help. We're deep in Overload's fortress now. Gonna be lots of Brutes and Abom'nations. The Chemist is aroun' somewhere too."
    There doesn't seem to be any response to the fire in the chamber behind you, though the smell is getting quite nasty. There are still occasional small explosions from some container or other, along with pops followed by squishy noises that sound like something fleshy falling from great height. The odor keeps changing and getting worse. Smoke of different colors is moving up the hall. Blue, then green, then purple, then black, then red. It drifts up the hallway with an inky, noxious texture. You are both reminded of a lesson from basic biology: your sense of smell works by actually incorporating particles in the air into your system. Humans take 7 years to completely regenerate or replace every cell in their bodies. The thought of these particles becoming part of you is not particularly pleasant.

"We should keep moving. Even the most lax guard or security force is bound to notice all that eventually. The sooner we vacate this zone, the better. Hey girl, you know how to use a blaster?"
    "J'cha, like we have lots ah light-guns lying arroun' for everyone."
    "Here. Point it at something not us, and pull the trigger." Grantois hands her his partner's carbine.
    "I've also got an extra medpac if either if you don't have one."

25. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Yuul listens to the quiet talking of the two, keeping up with the group while trying to stay at least somewhat quiet. "So whichway now?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.