main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Pretentious Title--D6 Post RPG

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Koohii, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    "Do I look like a tech? You want to know, go look down that hall about 30 meters. Follow your ears. Overloaded will be there. You can watch if you want."

2. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    "What I meant was, is there a chance we could 'run the gauntlet' as a means of destroying the overlord?"

3. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    "Well, I guess you could. You'd have to challenge him in front o' his Brutes. But it's brainfried. You'd have to run it without your guns, an' if you win, he eats your soul. How'd you fight him?"

4. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Securely strapped to the table, the chemist stirs. "Ah, hello. Are you going to be my new friendz? My new... Petz?"

Tilly shrieks and hides behind Yuul.

5. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    "No, you're going to take us to the Overlord or we destroy more of your pets, and then possibly you. What's it to be?"

Madis had a feeling from what Tilly said that they wouldn't get out of here without confronting the Overlord at some point, and he didn't fancy leaving more people to the grisly fate that met the people who since became the creatures they've since destroyed.

6. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    The Chemist smiles with twisted humor with perhaps a touch of sadistic happiness.
    "You wish to meet him? I will take you to him. He will be pleased with me. Maybe, he will give me what is left of you to play with. You have very clear eyes. And he," the Chemist nods to Grantois, "He will make an excellent Brute. Maybe even an enforcer. Now those two... They will be especially fun. If you survive." He smiles again. His face shows twisted little Renfield glee.

7. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Madis didn't want to speak for everyone else, and looked in their direction for their agreement or disagreement.

ooc: my way of saying I don't know whether I'm taking us in too deep or not.

8. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    >>Well, feel free to discuss. You're options are open.

9. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    "First things first, what's in this jar you were carrying? Look's pretty interesting..."

10. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    "My pet? oh yehhhhsss. I regraphted and spliced more Barachian Caino-swine into the Jarlack bat. It can now envelop and sofficate its prey without having to land. And, it will pass on the new genetic upgrades to future generations without fail, even with non-adapted Jarlacks. At the momment, it's still larval, hence the bractish fluid in the container. I was going to release it tomorrow."

11. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    "Wow, I've not seen life altered like this before, where did you put this little one together?"

While clearly an apt 'scientist' and intelligent, if Madis can get him to disclose the location of his lab, they could destroy it's contents.

12. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Koohii, I'm off for a week now, I won't be back til Saturday evening

13. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    >>Sorry for the delay. Divorce made a mess of my internet connection. I'm back now.

"Why, right here. These are my playrooms. I tinker with the forces of life and death, disease and virus, mutation and clone. All here. Sometimes I start from scratch, and sometimes I have fresh materials to work from." Again, the Chemist is eyeing Tilly.
    "Can we just fry this brainfreak!"
    "Oh, such spirit. Maybe you should run the guantlet for Master. You might win his full attention. I would hate to lose such a fine specimen to work from, but if it serves Master, so be it."

Underneath the sounds of rhythmic pounding, you both hear footsteps coming down the main hallway.

14. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    6 massive, hulking brutes round the corner and enter the lab. They appear even larger and stronger than the brutes you've encountered so far. Their heads seem to be much smaller, less developed--almost childlike protrutions between their shoulder blades. They walkin in and see Grantois pointing a blaster at The Chemist while the Yuul, Vied, and Tilly are standing around. The hulking brutes stare vacantly and a little confused.
    Down the passageway, the pounding continues.

>>Actions? Anyone?

15. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    ooc: I was hoping I would get a post in before you did another, that's my bad for taking so long, my apologies. Also, being alone in this game is making me think more for myself than I've had to before, so it's a bit of a change, something I'm getting used to.

IC:

Madis Veid

Madis immediately signalled to Grantois and Yuul to keep their weapons pointed away from those who'd entered the room, at least for this second.

"So... are these brutes or enforcers?" The Llordian asked their prisoner. Signalling to Grantois to keep his weapon trained on the Chemist.

Madis hadn't wanted a grenade more than this moment in time...

Actions:
    Reactionary Dodge
    5+6+5+3+2 = 21

16. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    "Oh, these are my enforcers, well, some of them anyway. Large, burly, muscles unimpeded by any advanced thought processes. They'll do exactly what I tell them to do."

"Uhhrrrrr?"

17. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I've never played d6 and don't have access to any of the books, but if you guys would like another player, I'd be interested in trying it out.

18. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Yes, we could use another player.
    There is info on making a character in the early posts, or we can PM for more detailed work.

(if you'd like to take over the Mercenary "Grantois", he's available and has a blaster drawn! ;) )

All templates are open (though some are more useful than others), even jedi.

19. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    "Oh, my pets. I have good news. These people want to run the guantlet. Take them there now. Carry them. Now."
    Grantois looks over his shoulder in horror, wondering whether or not it's worth it to kill the chemist, or go straight to the shootout with the massive muscled menaces approaching.

Yuul?
    Madis?
    Actions?

20. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    ooc: see social thread for why I haven't posted

IC: Madis nodded to Grantois to kill the Chemist, flicked his blaster to lethal mode and pumped shots at 3 of the enforcers. He didn't want to go to the gauntlet unless it was on his terms.

Actions:
    Shoot 3 shots, (Spending 2 character points)

Shot 1
    6,1,4,2 + 5 = 17
    Damage
    5,4,4,4,6 = 23

Shot 2
    5,1,5,6 = 17
    Damage
    2,6,4,2,2 = 16

Shot 3
    3,6,2,4 = 15
    Damage
    5,6,2,6,4 = 23

21. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Grantois flicks his blaster from stun to kill (this is an action) and fires three times into the chemist. (The Chemist is strapped down to a table, so he only needs a 5 to hit.)
    The Chemist heaves against the restraints and collapses with smoking holes in his chest.
    Grantois spins around and uses his elbows to brawling parry as the brutes rush in on him.

G's parry 6D-4D(5 actions): 5+3=8
    Three of the Enforcers charge at Grantois, fists swinging.
    4+4+2+5+3+6=24
    3+2+5+2+4+5=21
    5+2+4+3+5+5=24
    Grantois parries are grotesquely ineffective. On the plus side, he is struck in the head and chest where his armor will help him, and it is a physical attack, which gives better protection.
    4+1+2+2+2+1+=12
    3+1+6+2+5+6=23
    6+5+6+2+2+4+3=28
    Grantois's str+armor:3+1+5+2+2+3=16
    Grantois fails his stamina roll and falls unconsious

the Enforcers aren't bothering to dodge.
    Madis Vied's shots pount right into one in the chest.
    1+2+2+2+5+4=10 (D'OH!)
    The same Enforcer looks like he's be a little the worse for wear (Incapacitated!)in three seconds when the effects of his damage sink in. Until then, he continues to head straight for Madis
    Brawling: 5+4+5+2+5+4=20
    Damage: 4++1+5+4+2+5=21
    Madis Vied's STR:5+4+5+2=16--wounded next round

The Enforcer charging at Tilly swings wildly. She screams and rolls under a table. As he follows, she ducks and bobs around the room, pushing carts and debris in his way, and generally moving in unpredictable and unexpected ways.

The last Enforcer attacks Yuul. He is as large and physically intimidating as the others.

22. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    ooc: 3 shots at 3 different opponents did the others miss / not do enough damage?

23. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    >>sorry, shifting rules for different versions--and I thought you were concentrating fire.

Enforcer #2:
    STR 5+4+3+4+6=22 Resists damage

Enforcer #3:
    STR 3+5+6+4+5=23 Stunned

24. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    >>OK, it's been nearly a month since last post, and posts are down to almost no one, so I'm calling this game dead.

The enforcers see Grantois kill their creator and pound him to a bloody pulp, litterally ripping him apart. (those rumors about rogue wookies using their claws on sentients come to mind.

Eventually, the enforcers manage to surround and capture Vied, Yuul, and Tilly by bear hugging them, lifting, and carrying through sheer brute strength. All three are dumped into the gauntlet. The gauntlet is a maze of crudely welded girders, chain fence, and spikes. Gouts of flame leap out from concealed locations. The whole thing is surrounded by several hundred brutes, all cheering and jeering. Weights large enough to severely injure if not kill fall from the ceiling at random locations, just to keep people from holding still. Spiked grinder wheels combined with springboards claim another participant in the guantlet. Tilly's reflexes save her from a deadfall and a springboard trap. Yuul and Vied make their way through various traps, as well, guided by their ability to read the crowd and "luck". The path doesn't matter as all lead to the same location: the Overlord.

The Overloard is a human cyborg, well over 2 meters tall. He cheers and gloats with the crowd. His skin is bleeched nearly white, and tubes and circuits protrude grotesquely from his flesh. His right arm ends in some sort of energy projector. "Three victorious prizes emerge from the guantlet." The brutes fall into sudden silence. The Overlord appears to fly in the air with an oddly familiar mechanical whining sound. "Three chosen ones to receive my blessing." He points his cybered arm at Tilly. Bright orange beams of energy lash out at her. Tilly screams and appears to be aging.
    Veid and Yuul both spot that The Overlord is actually mounted onto a giant cybernetic loader arm that looks like it was modified from a maintenance crane. Spotting a vulnerability, they destroy the base of the crane arm, dropping the Overlord into a flame trap within the Gauntlet. Explosions ensue. Other spacers from the Cetacean Princess in a cage start screaming as the brutes go berserk. They lash out blindly, some running into the gauntlet, some running from the chamber. In the distance, a power generator sounds like it is overloading.
    Yuul and Vied are able to rescue the prisoners and leave before the generator explodes. Yuul has to carry Tilly as she is alive, but weak.
    The vehicle bay provides plenty of long-range transport for all.
    Several brutes are sitting mindlessly in the desert and make no response of any kind as vehicles go by. Physically, they are fine, but there seems to be nothing inside them. Not even basic instinct.

Within a day, the HyperDrive engineer is able to finish repairing the old light freightor in the basement of the survivors city. The leaders give the ship to "the skyfalls" so long as they take some of the natives with them, and promise to return with proper aid to rebuild. Tilly makes a full physical recovery from the Overlord's attack, but seems oddly withdrawn.

>>Last posts please.
    >>For the curious, the 'plot' for the adventure was stolen (and slightly modified) from "Space Hunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone", aka: teenage Molly Ringwald in a SciFi movie.

25. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    By the way, you may both have 12 skill points to either use to improve your characters or save for a rainy day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.