main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Pretentious Title--D6 Post RPG

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Koohii, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    "Thats unusual" thought Yuul. (Koohii):Suddenly sensing the dark presense Yuul begins to worry and not just for himself but for the people on the ship.
    Hearing the verpine's words, Yuul braces himself and hopes for the best.

Dexterity (to remain standing):5+4+5+4+(4)=22(yay i pass!!! :) )

Koohii:(assuming i can do a couple of thins after that as i am standing) Yuul concentrates and tries to sense the rough location of the dark presense on board. However Yuul does not try to find exactly where he is for fear that whoever it is may detect him.
    Control(for concentration power):6+3+1+4=14 and (assuming the DC was 10 since im a lightsider) Sense(for sense force):5+1+6+1+5+1=19 OOC: i differed the way i show my wild die because the red showed outside of the highlight.

2. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Vir's crests flash red as he sees the carnage, and he narrows his eyes as he sees the axe-wielding figures on the bridge. He keeps his feet ([5],4,3,6=18) as the ship suddenly rocks backwards and sees his chance as the figures on the bridge also stagger with the lurching ship.

Totally focused on the opportunity he sees, Vir vaguely ignores the person behind him, assuming it's the Dug or something. He figures all of the boarders in this section would be in the battle happening on the bridge now.

Quickly, in the hopes of catching the bridge invaders off guard and off balance, Vir displays the traditional Yevethan attitude towards self-preservation and charges. He hurtles over the puddle of molten metal through the door and onto the ramp with a leap, runs up, and stabs the first boarder he sees with a dewclaw.

Jump at -1D= [3],6,4+1= 14
    Brawling at -1D= [5],1,3,3,4+1=17
    Damage upon hit= [3],4,2,2,4+1=16

The TS-Arach, meanwhile, picks itself up off the ground where it splayed and fell and attempts to follow, but stops at the limit of the molten metal. Unable to follow Vir further, it starts running around in tight circles.

(I'm assuming that Vir is within one move of the bridge)

3. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Sorry I haven't responded in a while.

Farn is aware that the medic is patching him up, though he's still somewhat frozen in shock. Finally he lets out a breath and forces his mind back onto the job.

Assuming none of the other actions have interfered with this: "Do what he says, R1. Put out that fire. And...nicely done," Farn says to the droid.

"I didn't catch your name," he says to the medic.

4. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Looking back at the verpine Yuul replies, "My name's Yuul, yours?"

5. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    "Farn." He adds with a sigh, "Time was once that name might have meant something. I doubt anyone of your generation has heard of me, though."

6. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    "Well then a pleasure to meet you Farn, though I wish it was under better circumstances." Yuul replied.

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    4+ 5 + 4 = 13

Arias almost catches himself but falls to the ground.

Koohii, what kind of lurch was that - like something shot us, hit us, or something docked with us?

E_S

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    OOC: Have I been posting salon level on my posts the entire time? You could have told me I was blindly copy pasting. :p

Imperial Suite level - Cetacean Princess

Lady Victoria Holt

The droid's security precautions seemed rather sensible. Victoria would be sure to remember to use the voice-lock when she needed access to the door.

As Victoria followed the two citizens along the floor, she smelled the faint stench of carbon. Clearly someone was trying to break through the door. How ominous. Unfortunately, before she was able to sound a warning the entire ship shook so heavily as to override the gravitational compensators. She struggled to maintain her equilibrium, but her natural grace was insufficient to counteract the shaking; her choice of footwear probably did not help matters, too.

As the Imperial Advisor found herself lying unceremoniously on her pampered rear with her legs splayed, she decided that focusing on maintaining her modesty--and dignity--was far more important. For her inferiors to see her in such a state could undermine the very values of civilization itself.

Dex: 3 + 1 + 5 = 9

9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Arias, without thinking, offers her a hand.

E_S

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000

Lady Victoria Holt

Victoria took it, of course. Courtesy knows no social class.

"Thank you," she said when she got to her feet. Thankfully, the floors on this level were clean and she was not any worse for wear.

11. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002

dex: 2,6,3 = 11

"Shavit!" Madis cursed as he fell to the deck, it had to be something hard to knock the group of them off their feet like that.

Madis keeps his senses honed, listening out for any approaching footsteps and trying to identify that burning smell.

Perception6,3,2,1,4 = 16

Reactionary dodge

12. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Well now, if you'd looked at the deck plan I'd posted, you wouldn't have had that problem. ;)

Outside the Imperial Suite:
    It takes a moment for Arias and Madis to recognize the sensation of a ship jumping to hyperspace without luxury-class accelleration dampeners. The last week has left them spoiled.
    The burning smell has chemicals and melted metal components.
    While everyone is collecting themselves from the floor, you all notice that the door to the Imperial Suite had a heavy blast door close in front of what you'd all assumed was an ornamental frame, but is now clearly a security door.

Bridge:
    Vir leaps over an obstacle that turns out to have been a chair and lands right behind one of three boarders. The boarders here are happily slicing up the bridge crew with their axes. While they have some superfiscial injuries, there is no sign of the crew having done serious damage to any of them. That changes as Vir's claw rips into one. Normally Vir is confident the blow would have dropped the boarder, but his claw is impeded by the muscled vermin's leather armor. Still, the Vermin howls in pain, so there's something in that.
    TS scuttles back to it's feet and scrambles onto the bridge. The droid bounces up and down on its knees like and arachnid performing calastenics on a reflective device.
    All three vermin turn to see what caused Vermin #7 to howl. Their axes drip with blood and circuitry. Clearly they've been hacking at more than just the crew.

Engineering
    Yuul: Above, on a higher deck, and forward. Well, the forward part is obvious, since the only things aft of your present location are the hyperdrive and sublight engines.
    R1 burps his distress from a tangle of tube that he ended up falling over and into.
    Shuzz is shaking his head in dizzy amazement. "We made it. We survived. Next stop, civilization." He turns and deferentially offers his antenae to Farn. "It would not have been possible without you, master engineer." He turns toward Yuul. "Thanks to you too, doctor. I am greatful for your timely assistance and repair to my chiton. What should we do about the mess?" He nods toward the corpse and the unconscious body.

Midships:
    The slavishly devoted servant had just made it to his feet when the ship lerched like mad, dumping him down to sprawl on the deck again. Oh well. Maybe it's not Sloor's problem. Or maybe he has something worth stealing on him...
    Sloor also notices that the body on the floor has finally stopped twitching, or moving in any way, as it finally moves from Mortally Wounded to Dead. (GM rolls a 3)

13. sabarte

Sep 8, 2005
    Koohii: How close are the intruders to Vir? Can he hit them all in a round without spending an action to move? Is anyone on the bridge still a) fighting or b) alive?

Edit: Since he's on the bridge, can he tell the ship is in hyperspace?

14. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Sabarte: The lighting is still (mostly) working on the bridge, and the forward window certainly is still a window, so yes, Vir can tell that the ship has entered hyperspace. All 3 are in easy range, which won't require extensive movement (getting to the others would not be an action). Two were in the process of killing people lying on the ground, and the third was smashing something. You don't see any sign of crew actively fighting.

15. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    "It should be safe to dispose of the corpse but we should try to keep the unconsious one alive for, assuming we survive any remaining boarders, information regarding who attacked us." Yuul answered. "However I am worried about the bridge crew as I have not recieved a response from my message. I am going to go up to the bridge to make sure everything is all right. Oh and the other three engineers are in a room down that hall, two were starting to come around when I left though the third will likely need a full fledged hospital." Starting towards the door Yuul turned around and said, "Good luck to the both of you and, from the perspective of someone who knows absolutely nothing about engines, great work!" Saying this Yuul turns and starts running to the bridge.

16. sabarte

Sep 8, 2005
    Vir swallows and idly hopes his own armor holds up as well as he slices the one he'd nearly dropped again, and then instantly spins and rips into an unwounded boarder with his other dewclaw. He was hoping there were enough people still alive and fighting on the bridge to help him out, but has the feeling that may not be the case. Oh well. He also realizes his vague idea he had backup was delusional.

He needs to do this. He needs to clear the bridge now so the intruders don't break anything more that can't be replaced, and so they don't kill any people that can't be replaced either. Vir certainly has no idea of how to fly this ship. The ISDs he built had some level of redundancy, but this ship probably doesn't have so much.

Vir is hasting his actions so that he can hit the vermin before they can bring their axes to bear.

Haste
    Brawling (on already wounded)([1],1,6,1+1)=4
    Damage ([1],4,1,6,2+1)=8

Brawling (on nearest unwounded) ([3],5,5,5+1)=19
    Damage ([2],5,2,4,2+1)=16

Koohii: Vir is willing to burn a skill point this round on strength checks if he would otherwise become wounded, and an additional skill point if he would otherwise become incapacitated or worse if it is necessary. If I'm reading the first post right, the skill points can be spent after the dice to resist are rolled? In addition, wound penalties affect melee damage but not ranged, right?

17. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Rules Clarification:
    Since this question has come up a couple of times now:

Skill points can be spent after die rolls are totalled, but before damage is declared to improve results.
    3+5+2=10 (I spend a skill point!) +4=14 or +6+4=20!

Injuries do not affect the damage of weapons. Just because you got hurt, your blaster does not dish out less damage. Likewise, your STR is still your STR, so if you have STR 3D, and you get wounded, you still roll 3D to resist damage next time. Your brawling skill will be penalized for injury, but not your muscle power. Now, if your blaster somehow gets damaged, or someone shoots your sword...

18. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    "Let's try that door, " Suddenly, Madis realised this stranger hasn't introduced himself, "whatever your name is, can your droid get it open? It's more than likely sealed."

19. sabarte

Sep 8, 2005
    Koohii: Ahhh, OK, that makes this situation significantly less survivable than I first thought, particularly given how poorly I rolled. C'est la vie, I'll roll with it.

I'm willing to spend all three to stay up then. Roll one if I'm 15 or under (or under 20 if already wounded (not stunned)

20. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    OOC: oh koohii on your next update post, let me know where i am on the ship, thx :)

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    OOC: I did look at the map, I was just copy pasting my markups repeatedly. :p

Lady Victoria Holt

Now that was rather curious. From the looks of that terribly heavy security door, it would have seemed that she would have been safer staying in the suite after all.

22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    "Name's Arias. We just hit lightspeed... what the Sith is the Captain doing? If we have borders, that means they've breached the hull at a docking hatch... if the couplings aren't stable, then we're in trouble.

R2, see if you can't open that security door."

Arias draws his blaster again and thumbs it from stun to kill.

"I'm gonna take a look around. I want to find out what's burning."

He starts off.

"You coming kid, or you staying with her?"

E_S

23. Corporate_Jedi

Corporate_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    OOC: Just a little catch up for the new arrival...

IC: Stepping into the corridor of the ship and out of the escape pod's hatch, Azrael opens his senses to the sudden change in circumstances. The sounds of battle, drilled into him in Academy simulations, rush back. Identify the cause, solve the problem,trust your instincts...He thinks to himself while shouldering his bag and all his possessions. Moving quickly down the starship's passegeways he decides to head towards the bridge and discover what is happening. The ship rocks violently, but he gracefully shifts from foot to foot without stopping (5+2+3+6= 16) On instinct he heads towards the bow just in time to see a humanoid and a driod about to enter the bridge.

It is clear from his posture and athletic action that he is expecting trouble. Doing likewise, Azrael concentrates and calls upon his inner strength.

OOC:Turn 1
    (Concentration 4+4+4=12)
    (Control for LC 3+6+6+5+4+4+1=29)[
    Turn 2
    (Sense for LC 2+5+4=11)

IC: Hearing sounds within the bridge that confirm his suspicions of danger lurking ahead, Azrael moves inside while drawing a silver cylinder from inside his jacket. He sees the humanoid locked in combat with what are obviously the cause of all the damage. They asked no quarter from the crew, and seem prepared to do the same with their new opponent. Now wounded and outnumbered he still faces them, seemingly without fear. Azrael relies on instinct and the voice in his heart telling him to help this being despite the risk. Igniting a ruby-hued blade from within the device in his hand with a snap-hiss of of ozone and light he leaps to assist his fellow passenger.

OOC: Taking two actions this turn, one to attack a goon and another to parry an attack on the Yevethan as a reaction even if it means they hit Azrael since he isn't hurt yet. He's also counting on a little surprise here as well.

Attack: (4+6+6+3+2+2+1=24)
    DMG: (4+6+5+3+3+2=23)

24. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    As the servant limps away, Sloor distances himself from the bodies, having found nothing of use or of worth on them. His meeting with Jar-K?q?Geuwin is growing ever more unlikely, with these boarders disrupting everything. Sloor fidgets in his pockets and finds the room key he lifted from Lady Deptha. He really doesn't feel like burgling into a lady's room, but by the Emperor's Black Bones, he actually has the key to it and a major distraction to aid him. It would be simply criminal NOT to rob her.

Checking the key's number, he starts searching for the room. On the way he keeps an eye open both for any sign of trouble from the boarders and for something that might help him carry his loot, like a repulsor-cart or something.

25. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    "Anything's better than hiding, let's go."

Madis likewise made sure his blaster was on the lethal setting, and kept an eye out for anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.