main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Price for Happiness

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arjen, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arjen

Arjen Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2004
    Title: The Price for Happiness
    Author(s): Arjen
    Timeframe: After Vision of the Future
    Characters:
    Genre: Angst, AU
    Keywords:
    Summary: During the marriage of Luke and Mara, one woman thinks of the happiness in her life
    Notes: I have no idea what kind of mood I was in when I thought of this but I wrote it anyway. I haven?t read Union so I?m not sure whether this would fit in, although I?m quite certain the ending of this fic didn?t happen.

Feedback: It's my first fic so I?d love to hear what you think could be improved and what?s already at least a little good. (In other words, bitch away)

The Price for Happiness

As I have nothing better to do I spent my time doing the exact same thing the rest of the galaxy is doing right now, watching the marriage between Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade. They look so happy it?s almost enough to make the coldest hearts melt, unfortunately for me; their happiness reminds me of my own, or the lack thereof.
    Happiness, an emotion that sounds almost like a fairytale, well, why not?
    Once upon a time there was a little girl who was happy and lived in a beautiful palace. She was no princess, but the king still liked her very much and made sure she was trained well and had everything she needed.

And then the fairytale ended.

I had a good life and did everything I could to make Him proud of me. But ever since that horrible day life has seemed dull. As I was out on an assignment, I found out about It at the same time as the rest of Coruscant did. The king who had been so good and kind to me had been murdered. For the first time in years I felt like crying, but that was a weakness my teachers thought me never to show, and I was determined not to disappoint Him even after His death. When most other people went out in the streets to celebrate this vile murder, I was the sole person remaining behind in my building. That was just one aspect of my cover I could not act out and besides; I knew that even after He had died, His legacy would live on. The fools didn?t find out about that until it was too late; the screaming of those that died when the stormtroopers finally came to restore order is the only positive memory I have about those horrible weeks.

When my so-called friends and allies wondered why I wasn?t as happy as the rest of them, I used the excuse that my brother had died in that battle, after all, they already ?knew? he was a fighter pilot for the Rebels. Sometimes I?m still surprised they bought that story, after all, how could I have known my brother had died. But this excuse proved even more useful when I told the leader of this little band of alien-lovers about my plans to move to another group.
    He was sympathetic about my loss and claimed to understand my need to have a fresh start where I wasn?t reminded of his death all the time. I was even given a letter of recommendation to show the leader of my new group what a good little rebel I was. Of course I was grateful for this, so grateful in fact that I waited three weeks before sending all information I had about my old group to Imperial Intelligence. Well, maybe that wasn?t so much gratitude as allaying suspicions about me.

The next several years were spent in this fashion, drifting from one little group of rebels to the next, earning their trust and then betray them some time after I left them. This worked perfectly until Isard unleashed the Krytos virus and Rogue Squadron ?saved? Coruscant.

Anger flares up, thinking about that and for a moment I glare at one of the guests at the wedding.

At first I could not understand why Isard had given up so easily until I encountered the counter-revolutionists. For a brief time I was happy, I had a cause once more, a mission during which I could show my true colors. We lost that battle however and while many Rebels died, Isard fled upon the Lusankya and I was forced to flee into obscurity. Losing Coruscant almost hurt me as much as His death did and I was once again inconsolable for several weeks.

Then came a couple of years about which I have only the mo

2. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Very good! Keep it up!

Jedi-Roxy
    aka. Phoenix

3. MJSLSBS

MJSLSBS Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2003
    wow that was excellente

4. MJSLSBS