main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Price of Sacrifice {Obi-Wan, Anakin -- Angst, AU} |COMPLETE 11-11-03|

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by CalaisKenobi, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InTheSockOfTheNight

InTheSockOfTheNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2002
    Sockie misses CK.... :(

*upsies*

2. Alyana

Alyana Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2003
  3. InTheSockOfTheNight

Dec 31, 2002
    The faithful Sockie is here to upsies the threadsies! :D

4. Alyana

Alyana Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2003
    And up again...

5. Alyana

Alyana Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2003
    You really don't want to know where I found this...
    When do we get our next post??

Feli

6. Alyana

Alyana Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2003
    Hello??

I think I'm all alone on this threat... :( :_|

UP!

Feli

7. InTheSockOfTheNight

Dec 31, 2002
    I am still heresies! :)

Upsies the threadsies! :D

8. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
  9. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I'm here, and I'm now in the summer phase of my life.. though I am working as a social justice advocate this summer, so it might be a little harder for me to post as often as last year. Regardless, as I told dparis I now have the ending figured out, or at least the true "Obi-Wan's main sacrifice" so that helped a lot. Finally getting over that main roadblock helped a lot.

Thanks to everyone for remaining and the new post should be up sometime this week.

CK

:D :D

10. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    yay! hope you have a great summer. we've missed you.

11. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Wohoo!! She's back! :D

"Obi-Wan's main sacrifice" See, now that scares me. [face_plain]

12. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    My Muse, My Muse, My Kingdom for my Muse!!

I'm so glad you stopped back in. :D I know many people out there missed you!! Me included. ;)

Can't wait to see how all these fics end. (well, kinda. I mean I don't want them to end, but all good things must come to an end, right? But do they really have to? Maybe the end could be put off for a while longer? Huh, what do you think?) :)

13. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
  14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    It's alive!

15. dparis

dparis Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    "Obi-Wan's main sacrifice" = merp.

really that didn't make any sense, but I had the urge to say that...

16. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Well, my job this summer sucks... but at least I get to play on the computer and read POS. I'm almost caught up again, and I'm glad I reread because there were a lot of loose ends I would have missed otherwise!

This summer position really, really sucks though. I live in the ghetto, have to ride the scary busses, I work with stupid smelly people and everyone hates me because of my major. I have to eat crappy food, that is, when there's food to eat at all... and I live with uber-innocents who... gasp... hate star wars.

Growl.

17. Alyana

Alyana Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2003
    UP again

18. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Okay, this is a quick Rehash post for all of you faithful followers who have gotten just as lost and confused as I have, considering the extended hiatus I took. Cheers!

Last time on POS: (note the ?batman-esque? voice ;) ) After accepting a bargain given to him by the Council, Obi-Wan Kenobi has tended to several suicide-like missions in a desperate attempt to keep his Padawan, Anakin Skywalker. At the beginning of the story, he was sent on a mission to Navira to interrupt the leader of a suddenly powerful army. The leader, Valone, was aided with information by Dooku. Valone was also, unbeknownst to him, under the watch of the Dark Lord of the Sith, Sidious, through his assistant Ellana. Ellana, who was the sister of Xanatos DeCrion, was sent to work with Valone, helping him to capture Obi-Wan. When that plan failed, and Valone was captured instead, Ellana quickly worked to form a new plan. Meanwhile, Obi-Wan, suffering from injuries inflicted by Valone, returned to the temple with the unconscious Rogue Jedi. Upon arrival at the Temple, Valone was killed by an accidental injection of Narsicsis, a potent poison. Obi-Wan had to forego treatment for his injuries until such time as all of the Temple med supplies were checked for traces of the poison. In the meantime, Obi-Wan?s best friend, Bant, continued to help care for Anakin. After being treated for the lightsaber burn to his shoulder, which had unfortunately scarred, Obi-Wan was given leave at the Temple to train his Padawan and work with some ?saber classes.

After several months at the Temple, Obi-Wan is called back before the Council and informed that he has a new mission to Caradonia, and that his Padawan will be attending him. Informing Anakin of the news, Obi-Wan unknowningly allows his Padawan to see the scar that now graces his upper back. Anakin, realizing the scar was not there before, becomes suspicious and angry. He confronts Bant, but is then forced to pack for and leave on his mission.

Obi-Wan and Anakin arrive on Caradonia on a shuttle piloted by Haden Solo, a Temple Pilot. During the flight, one of the dampeners on the shuttle becomes damaged, leaving Solo to seek out a new part during their stay on Caradonia. While scouting for the part, Solo uncovers information leading him to believe the Jedi are in danger. Rushing to the site of the negotiations, he finds Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan, who has already realized and confronted the men who have taken Anakin as a bargaining chip, convinces Solo to take his place in the negotiations while he makes certain that Ani is still safe and secure. Leaving the negotiation table, he realizes that Anakin has been moved, and that his Padawan has taken a stand against the hostage-takers. Arriving on the scene, just in time to take part in a bloody blaster battle, Obi-Wan is left to comfort his Padawan as Anakin is forced to take the lives of his captors. Meanwhile, Solo has found an ally at the negotiations, one whom he convinces to add an addendum to the almost completed treaty. In exchange for the addition to the treaty, the young delegate asks for passage to Navira.

Anakin, Obi-Wan, Solo and the delegate meet up on the shuttle. Anakin goes to his bunk to meditate while Obi-Wan confronts Solo about the treaty-signing and the unexpected delegate. While he is speaking to Solo, Anakin is distracted from his meditation by a dark form that enters his room. Upon extending himself through the Force in an attempt to make an identification, Anakin is linked to the mysterious figure. Feeling the sudden shifts in the Force, Obi-Wan abandons his conversation with Solo, and runs to his apprentice?s cabin. Taking in the situation, he knocks the delegate unconscious and makes certain his apprentice is all right. Upon determining that Anakin is okay, Obi-Wan returns to the front of the shuttle with the unconscious delegate. Solo asks what has happened and Obi-Wan explains that the delegate is in fact a suspected Sith, Ellana. Obi-Wan demands that they be taken to Coruscant so that the Council

19. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Kudos to you on an awesome summary- I'm afraid it would take me the entire summer to do a re-read!

20. dparis

May 21, 2002
    our brain hurts....

-_sguid

21. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    Holy crap i'm confused...

22. Larkonna

Larkonna Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 1999
    I have no idea how you kept track of where your story has been and gone. It is one of the most complex plots I've ever seen. I hope you're keeping your manuscript. Oh, boy, it would be a thick book! :)

23. dparis

May 21, 2002
    one thing I've learned from CK is not to read the post-it notes on her desk. Little yellow spoiler-bombs, just waiting for you to come across, read, then wail helplessly, unable to delete what you just read from your memory...

-_sguid

24. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Finish of the POS recap... (well, sort of, I got impatient and didn't finish reading so this is some memory, and some guess work on my thought processes at the time. ;) )

Bant goes back to her Healer's area, using her terminal to bring up the information on Sifo-Dyas as she looks at the chemical analysis from Master Windu. She finds out about Narsicsis and how it can be mistaken for a common burn treatment. She also discovers its ties to the Sith. Her terminal alerts her to the fact that Sifo-Dyas had traces of the burn treatment in his system which leads her to believe that he was also killed by Narsicsis. N'erak assists her in finding information, but when all else fails, the two decide to approach Master Windu and talk to him. He leads them to the Council laboratory where they find Ravenna studying the Narsicsis traces found on Master Yoda's walking stick.

While they are all together, Anakin Skywalker contacts them. He and his Master had been taken hostage by Ellana on the planet of Navira. Ellana, who was Xanatos' sister, managed to use some kind of a device on Obi-Wan that seemed to both enhance his powers, and also attempt to subvert his conscious mind. Before she could completely break him, Narissa and Solo rode to the rescue with a contingent of Navirian guards. Anakin and Obi-Wan manage to escape the facility, but Ellana is killed after one final "mind-melding experience" with Anakin. Narissa and Solo got them to a medical facility where they were seperated. Anakin was allowed to see Obi-Wan only after the doctors attempting to treat him were almost killed by the Force-power he was putting off. Upon touching his Master, however, Anakin is dragged into Obi-Wan's mindscape where he is forced to watch his Master relive some of the worst memories of his life (including a to-the-death battle with Garren). (Luckily, Anakin missed the glimpse of the future where Darth Vader led to the explosion of an entire planet.)

Anakin tries to contact his Master through the bond, and Obi-Wan seizes, throwing Anakin from his mind. Anakin goes back to Narissa and Solo and demands to be allowed to speak to the Council. He is refused and contacts Bant instead. Bant is not sure how she can help him, but as Ellana had told Anakin that knowing of his Master's history would assist, Anakin asks to have his Master's medical and mission reports given to him. Mace agrees to do so, but they only manage to send Obi-Wan's personal journal through to Narissa before the connection is broken. Anakin goes back to the med center to help his Master. Once there, the doctors try to get him to give Obi-Wan some kind of a medicine to knock him out. Before Anakin can do so, he is again drawn into Obi's mind, this time with Qui-Gon there as well. They have a short discussion regarding Qui-Gon's treatment of Obi-Wan (which Anakin does not approve of) before Obi-Wan interrupts them to stop their arguing. It is decided that, since the link seems to be what threw Anakin out of Obi-Wan's mind before, it would make sense for Obi to try to access his link to Qui-Gon to see if he can use it to escape the field in his mind. As Obi-Wan goes in search of the link, Anakin suddenly disappears from the mind field. When Obi-Wan returns to his self within the field of his own mind, he finds only Qui-Gon. His former Master explains that Anakin just disappeared. Obi-Wan in turn, explains that he found a link, but that it does not connect to Qui-Gon, but rather to a Sith.

Meanwhile, in the physical realm, Dooku has arrived on Navira and gone to the Med center. He pretends to be N'erak and takes Obi-Wan and Anakin, after knocking the Padawan out with the Sedative meant for the Master. Loading the two onto his ship, he suddenly collapses, as Obi-Wan accesses the mindlink and causes harm. Obi-Wan is then able to escape from where he was trapped within his own mind and return to the physical plain. However, he now has the ability to read minds, without fully realizing he is doing so. He and Anakin meet up with Dooku, and Obi-Wan discovers

25. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Flashback to four years ago

Stepping quietly into the quarters he had shared with his Master for over a decade, Obi-Wan breathed a sigh of relief as he ran a hand fitfully through his hair. Although his hair had been short for as long as he could remember, the lack of the Knight?s tail in the back still came as a surprise. Only a few days had passed since his informal Knighting Ceremony, and though tradition did not demand that the tail be clipped, unlike the braid, Obi-Wan had wanted to offer something to Yoda, who had served as his stand-in Master. The long braid had burned with Qui-Gon.

Crossing the dimly lit common room, the new Knight paused briefly at the door of his Padawan?s quarters. The light sounds of the young boy?s sleep-deprived breathing wafted out to him. Since returning from Naboo, both the new Knight and the new Padawan had been subjected to numerous medical and Council dictated tasks. Obi-Wan, himself, had only just succeeded in escaping from the over-enthusiastic Healers who had demanded he remain in bacta until all of his broken ribs had healed. /A waste of time? if the Council has its way/ he thought darkly as his eyes began to adjust so that he could just see the blonde tufts of Anakin?s hair sticking out over the bed covers.

Though the Council had been as blunt as possible, it had still taken Obi-Wan time to realize what they were truly asking of him. Although Qui-Gon had gone against the Council?s wishes many times, Obi-Wan had always operated under the assumption that they had the best interests of the Republic and of the Jedi Order in mind whenever the Council made a decision. Now, though, he had to question that assumption. /Can what the Council has asked of me truly be for the benefit of anyone but themselves?/

Before Obi-Wan had a chance to ruminate further, Anakin shifted restlessly in his sleep, drawing the young Master?s thoughts from his own troubles to those that plagued his young apprentice every time the poor boy managed to rest. Entering the small room, he gently rested a hand on Anakin?s sweaty forehead, soothing him physically even as he used the newly established bond to send reassurance and love directly into his charge?s mind. Although Obi-Wan had initially expected his adjustment to becoming a Master to be difficult, if not nearly impossible, he was instead surprised to find that he took quickly to the role. As Anakin seemed to settle further, Obi-Wan gently nudged him further into a dreamless sleep, before adjusting his covers and exiting the room.

Reaching the door, he glanced back once more, as if to assure himself that Anakin was still sleeping soundly and safely. Smiling gently, he triggered the door shut. Crossing the common room again, he moved toward the comm. unit embedded in the far wall. Signing on, he noticed immediately that the Temple staff had already removed Qui-Gon?s codes from the system, sealing all of his personal files. Repressing a pang of sorrow at what seemed an almost-callous dismissal of his Master?s life, Obi-Wan forced himself to concentrate instead on the large number of messages awaiting him. Skimming through the list, he immediately noticed the message bearing the seal of the Republic Chancellor. Opening the message and re-reading it twice, to be certain he had not made a mistake in the understanding of it, he slumped back in his chair in sudden exhaustion. Despite any attempt on his part to misconstrue the message, the Chancellor had been most clear in his demands.

Staring blankly at the screen, Obi-Wan found himself missing Qui-Gon even more than he would have thought possible. Though the death of his Master had obviously left him with a large gap in his life as a Jedi, he had not yet had the time to process how much of a relationship he and Qui-Gon had shared outside of their Temple roles. Now, faced with a decision he could not dare make without severe consequences either way, he realized how much he had relied on his Master as both a sounding board and an advice-giver. Fighting back the sudden o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.