main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Price of Sacrifice {Obi-Wan, Anakin -- Angst, AU} |COMPLETE 11-11-03|

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by CalaisKenobi, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alida

Alida Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2002
    *agrees with babybantha*

Never want to push, of course. :p I'm just gripping the edge of my seat, waiting for the next Bad Thing to happen. No need to post to relieve us from this tension. After all, the millions of questions that have been plaguing us, wondering just WHAT those terms to train Anakin were...I'm not losing any sleep over them. Nope. I'm doing great. I'm surviving. I'm are not pressing the refresh button every five minutes. I'm-

*thinks to self for a moment*

I'm going to just take a deep breath and quiet up now. :)

2. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    LOL Ya'll certainly make my ongoing battle with AOL worth it. If I hadn't known there'd be readers looking for a post, I might've just given up after getting kicked off for the thousandth time. I am positive that if Jedi were forced to rely on the internet connections I am, there would be many MANY more turning to the dark side. Even Master Yoda would find his patience tried immensely I believe...

Anyway, (now that I have finished my little rant) this post is kind of an interlude and not too exciting... but I think Obi-Wan needed a little bit of time to remember why it was he worked so hard to complete his end of the bargain...

Without further ado... a post :)

3. Alida

Jun 4, 2002
    *jumps up and down, cheering wildly*

:) On a more serious note, sorry to hear about AOL.

*commences cheering*

4. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Obi-Wan had thoroughly enjoyed his first two weeks of downtime at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. The reprieve from the seemingly endless missions of the last four years was spent training and just talking with his Padawan. Obi-Wan had also agreed to teach a few lightsaber classes to some of the initiates and younger Padawans, but had wanted to spend the majority of the time with Anakin.

When a few of the older Padawans and their Masters had approached the young Knight, asking him to add another class or two to his schedule, he had almost refused. An incident in the training rooms had quickly changed his mind however. Obi-Wan and Anakin had just begun to cool-down from a rather fierce mock ?saber battle. Anakin was teasing his Master about getting old, as the young apprentice had finally managed to score a strike on his agile Master.

As he looked up from his bent-down stretch, preparing to make some snide comment about the many, many strikes he had landed on Anakin, Obi-Wan?s attention was drawn to a group of older Padawans standing on the farthest most mat. The group of five senior Padawans was engaged in a drill, where three Padawans took on the other two. The goal was to teach the future Knights how to handle a situation where they were outnumbered.

The disadvantaged team consisted of a tall female human and a slightly shorter male Bothan. The other three males were all of humanoid races, and the Knight was unsure as to their exact heritages. As he watched, the team of three quickly worked to subdue the other two Padawans. Just as it appeared that the contest was over, the tall female with the flaming hair executed a chillingly familiar move.

Kicking one of her opponents forcefully enough to send him slamming into a wall and immediately out of battle range, she then used the hilt of her lightsaber to strike her other aggressor in the chin before quickly turning her lightsaber around and imitating a kill strike to the chest. Just as the female dispatched the second Padawan, her Bothan teammate struck a kill point on his opponent. After the three losing Padawans conceded the match, the five gathered in the middle of the mat to discuss the outcome of the battle.

As Anakin finished his stretching, Obi-Wan continued to watch the group across the gym. He knew that the details of his and his former Master?s fight with the Sith had been classified by the Jedi High Council. It was impossible for the young female to have known about the move that had killed the great swordsman Qui-Gon Jinn, and yet she had just successfully used it to ?kill? a fellow Padawan.

The young Knight was impressed with the ingenuity of the Padawan, but he was more disturbed at the response of her opponent. The young male had not expected the move, and as such had made no attempt to counteract the effect of the blow to his head by stepping back out of the range of the female?s lightsaber. The mistake of the young man had then allowed the girl to kill both him and his partner.

\If the Sith really are back, than the Jedi are going to be woefully unprepared to meet them\ Obi-Wan thought as his gaze skimmed over the many other training Jedi in the room. \I?m not sure even I could win a drawn out battle one on one with another staff-wielding darksider\

Realizing the lack of preparation exhibited not only by the Padawans, but also by several of the Knights and Masters throughout the room, Obi-Wan decided to approach the Council about creating an open class to help fill some of the training deficiencies. If he could manage to train only a few Knights and Padawans, than hopefully his students would then pass on the lessons.

\If there truly is darkness ahead for the Galactic Republic, then it's up to me to prepare the Jedi Order as much as I possibly can\ the young Knight thought, for the first time fully feeling the weight of being the only Jedi to face and kill a Sith in a thousand years

?You know what Obi? I am beginning to think there is something serious

5. Alida

Jun 4, 2002
    ?You know Obi-Wan, the fate of the Jedi order doesn?t rest entirely on your shoulders,? Bant stated, suddenly becoming serious once more.

Well said, Bant! You tell Obi-Wan...repetition is the key! After saying in a hundred of so times, it might sink in. Then again--it just wouldn't be our Obi-Wan if he didn't add every stray burden he might come across to his already giant load. ;)

I love how you've written Bant so far. I'm hoping to see her often and half hoping NOT to see her that much, since it invariably means that Obi has injured himself yet again.
    Ah well. Whatever happens, I'm sure I'll love it. :)

A thousand thanks for the post! Give AOL a kick for me.

6. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Returning from yet another session of teaching his popular lightsaber technique class, Obi-Wan entered his quarters intent on taking a long hot shower. His class had quickly grown in numbers when word of the unusual techniques he was teaching spread. He had been surprised, upon entering the training gym on his second day, to find many Masters mixed in among the Padawans that had previously made up the class.

At first, he found it difficult teaching technique to Masters that had helped to teach him, but after only a few days he found the awkwardness fading. Smiling as he remembered the dumbfounded look on his own Padawan?s face as he had suddenly whipped out another lightsaber and started using both, Obi-Wan almost missed seeing the light blinking on his comm. unit.

Briefly debating whether or not he should just continue on to his shower and pretend he hadn?t seen the light, or answer it and risk being called away, Obi-Wan was once again struck with his sense of duty. \Sometimes I wish I had become a farmer\ he thought as he grudgingly reached down to activate the unit.

Immediately the logo of the Jedi High Council appeared on the screen. Biting back a groan, Obi-Wan pressed the button to play the stored image. The face of Master Mace Windu flickered and than solidified.

?Knight Kenobi, your presence is requested before the Council immediately. Prepare a travel kit and report immediately to Council Chambers.? Just as the image began to fade, Master Windu added, almost as an afterthought ?Padawan Skywalker should prepare as well.?

Reaching out through the training bond to notify his apprentice to report to their quarters, Obi-Wan began the task of repacking his travel case. Since his case was almost always in a state of near readiness, the young Master knew he would have just enough time to grab a quick sonic shower and redress as Anakin packed his case. \So much for a nice hot shower?\

Anakin entered the quarters at almost a dead run. He was unsure as to why his Master had contacted him while he was in the middle of class, but he was afraid it was because his Master was leaving again. Seeing the travel case sitting on his Master?s sleep couch, the apprentice?s fears were confirmed. A wave of anger washed over the young man, before it was quickly squelched. Anger would gain him nothing but an extra meditation session or two.

Anakin stood stock still in his Master?s room as his mind worked frantically to find a way to keep his Master from leaving. He knew he was being a bit possessive, but he had missed his Master so much and it was unfair for the Council to keep taking away his closest friend.

\Maybe I could just march up to the Council Chambers and tell them all off\ Anakin thought desperately. \Then, the Council will realize that my Master needs to spend more time with me? either that or they would just ship me off to Agri-Corps.\

Realizing the Council was more likely to do the later action, Anakin decided that he needed help. He quickly activated his comm. link and asked to be patched through to Master Bant. As he waited for the Healer to answer his call, Anakin listened to the sonics running in the ?fresher. Realizing he was running out of time, the Padawan didn?t waste time telling Bant anything more than to report to his quarters immediately.

Feeling vaguely guilty for making the Master think that there was something medically wrong with him or his Master, Anakin consoled himself with the thought that Bant would understand once she realized the Council was shipping Obi-Wan off yet again.
    Although his Master no longer suffered from the fatigue that had radiated off of him earlier, Anakin and Bant both knew that Obi-Wan needed more time before he was sent to another round of meetings.

As he heard the outer door open, Anakin rushed out to meet Master Bant and come up with a plan to thwart the Jedi High Council.

As he exited the ?fresher wearing only a tow

7. babybantha

babybantha Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2002
    Yay! New posts! And damn good ones, too. :D

I loved that Obi-Wan was teaching the other Jedi some special moves; even I got chills when that female Padawan used the move that killed Qui-Gon. :_| Sometimes I forget Obi-Wan is the only one who's faced a Sith and lived. Ah, I always knew the fate of the galaxy rested in his hands...

I also really like the way you write Anakin. It was so great the way he was ready to go tell the High Council off for his Master. I can only imagine what his reaction will be if Bant tells him the truth about Obi-Wan's injury. [face_devil]

Btw, the first time I read the part where Obi-Wan answers his comm, I missed the word "stored" message and thought he answered it in the shower! That would be...highly informal to say the least. ;)

8. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Alida: I love the character of Bant, she is just so sarcastic and yet so caring at the same time. She seems like the perfect kind of personality to have kept Obi-Wan on his toes for so many years. I'm glad you think I am doing the character justice :)

babybantha: I don't think Obi-Wan is in the habit of answering his comm in the buff, but then again, I doubt any of the female Councilors would object much if he did! ;)

BTW: AOL and I have come to an agreement apparently. I simply don't touch anything when it randomly decides to refresh (or whatever it means whe that stupid little triangle thing does its "happy dance") and it doesn't kick me off. Not the best of arrangements, but it will hopefully work until I return to PA :)

9. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    For a moment, Bant was too stunned to speak. She had to repress the urge to draw her arm back from where it rested on Anakin?s shoulder. She knew that such an action would convince him that she was lying to him, and even though she planned on lying, she didn?t want him to know.

?Anakin, you know that your Master had a very busy apprenticeship with Master Qui-Gon,? Bant began but was interrupted by the agitated apprentice.

?DON?T lie to me,? Anakin practically yelled. ?I know that scar wasn?t there when he left for his last set of meetings on Malastare, and I know that that scar is from a ?saber, so I ask again ?how and why did my Master get that scar???

Bant floundered as she tried to come up with a reply that would convince the very angry young man sitting beside her. She was saved though, as Obi-Wan appeared in the doorway.

?Anakin? Are you finished packing yet? We really need to report to the Council, otherwise they might just send out a search team,? Obi-Wan said with a slight smile.

Giving Bant one last dark glare, Anakin rose from his place on the sleep couch and without a word gathered up his travel pack and tossed a few things into it. ?Ready, Master,? Anakin said after only a few seconds pause.

?Good. I?ll comm. you before we leave the temple, Bant. By then I should know where we are going and for how long,? Obi-Wan said, pretending to not notice the tension in the room.

?Ok, Obi. Take care of yourself ok? Bye, Anakin, be careful.? Bant called out as she rose from the sleep couch and immediately exited the quarters.

Shrugging at his friend?s odd behavior, the Master shouldered his pack and glanced over at his apprentice. ?Ready??

?Yes Master,? Anakin replied without emotion, his Jedi mask firmly in place.

Upon reaching the Council chambers, Master and Padawan quickly stored their travel packs in the anteroom, before entering through the massive doors. After offering a bow to the gathered Masters, Obi-Wan gave the customary opening. ?How may we serve, my Masters??

Feeling his apprentice suddenly tense beside him, Obi-Wan spared him a quick confused look out of the corner of his eye. Seeing the mask still in place, the Master tried to reach his apprentice through the training bond. Realizing the bond was being blocked off, Obi-Wan had no choice but to wait until after the meeting to try to discern what was troubling his Padawan. As the young Knight returned his gaze once more to the front, Master Windu began to speak.

?Master Kenobi, the Council has received a request from Caradonia for Jedi intervention in a slight trade dispute. Since this mission should not last long, the Council has decided that you and your Padawan will be the Jedi team sent. You should be able to return in time to resume teaching with only a few missed classes,? the Councilor informed them.

?Short this mission may be, but important it is,? Master Yoda interjected.

?Of course, my Masters. My Padawan and I will work to resolve the issue as quickly as possible without compromising the importance of the mission,? Obi-Wan stated solemnly. When no other comment was forthcoming from the Council, the Master and Padawan team bowed once more and began to exit the Chambers.

?May the Force be with you,? Master Windu called as the big doors swung shut.

As he strapped into the transport to prepare for the jump to hyperspace, Obi-Wan was growing concerned. His apprentice had still barely spoken a word to him other than a necessary ?yes Master? here and there. He had not yet outright asked the young man what was bothering him, relying instead on his more common approach of sarcasm and humor. When Anakin failed to rise to the bait, his concern only grew.

Obi-Wan would?ve attempted to ask his sullen apprentice what was bothering him during the short ride to Caradonia, but his Padawan had sequestered himself in a small cabin, claiming to need the time to meditate and center on the miss

10. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Anakin is going to find out! :eek:

I can't wait to see what happens next. :D

11. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    Wew, just finished marathon catching up :)

Great! No other words!

I'm curious how will they settle the matter ;)

Nifet

12. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Am now caught up!

*cheers*

MORE!!! THIS IS GREAT!!

13. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Thanks for the comments!

obaona: Anakin is going to find out!
    Do you really think Bant and Obi-Wan would've kept this secret for four years now if it was so easy for Anakin to find out? HE HE HE :evil grin:

14. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    WOOOOO!! :D Three posts in bulk!! [face_love]

I can't wait until Anakin or SOMEONE talks about what's going on - I'm about to freak out. ;)

15. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Don't worry TheFallen, its coming :)

I just had the oddest thing happen. I went out to dinner with my sister. She got up from the table and left me without anyone to talk to. So I was just kinda listening to some of the louder conversations around me (I don't normally eavesdrop, but this just totally caught my attention) The table beside me was playing the game 'six degrees of seperation' where you can connect anyone to anyone else in six connections or less. Anyhow, they were trying to connect pikachu and Tinkywinky (odd choices I realize) and the one woman said "If you use fanfiction its easy" So then the other woman said "I can connect anything to Star Wars, using fanfiction"

So at this point they totally had my attention, even as I was pretending to study the bottle of wine beside me. The convo continued with them connecting odd things to Star Wars, until the one girl had to connect Obi-Wan Kenobi to something else (I didn't hear, I think some actress or something.) So the girl said "well there's that fanfic that chic just put up about Obi-Wan being afraid of spiders and killing one with a 'saber in his shower, and so you can connect that to Arachnaphobia (the movie)..." and she continued.

So here I am, completely dumbfounded, because I realize she is talking about Obi-Wan Kenobi and the Big Bad Bug, MY fanfic. How ironic to play the game six degrees of seperation, and the author of the story you use is sitting right behind you!!!

:Still in shock anyone actually reads my stories:

PS If the women are reading this who were at Olive Garden, the creature in ESB is a Wampa, not a Bantha :)

16. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    As the transport dropped out of hyperspace just above the outer atmosphere of Caradonia, Obi-Wan had just finished reviewing the datapad of information the Council had given him. He had hoped to have it reviewed much sooner, so that he could have had time to go over the information with his apprentice, but he had spent much of the short trip in the cockpit. The transport had only been in hyperspace for about 15 minutes, when the pilot had commed him and asked him to come up to the flight deck.

Obi-Wan had been unsure of what to expect when he had entered the cramped space reserved for the flight crew. Although Jedi were known to be expert pilots, it was highly unusual for a pilot to request assistance with a flight, especially one as short as the jaunt from Coruscant to Caradonia. Concerned that there was something wrong with the transport, Obi-Wan immediately scanned over the sensors and readouts before he even made eye contact with the pilot. Sensing nothing amiss, the Knight turned his attention to the man in the pilot?s chair. He appeared to be Correllian, with a shock of dark black hair and deep green eyes.

The pilot did not even turn to greet the Jedi as he began to speak. ?Hey, I need you to take the controls for a while. I?m feeling some shimmies from the hyperdrive, and I want to check it out before it proves to be a problem.? Stepping back as the man rose from the pilot?s chair, Obi-Wan nodded and prepared to take over at the controls.

?It shouldn?t take too long, but if you need me for anything just yell,? the Correllian stated as he left the cockpit. Just as before he turned the corner to enter the maintenance bay, he called out once more, ?Name?s Solo if you need me.?

As the dark-haired man disappeared from sight, Obi-Wan strapped in and began to monitor the gauges. He considered summoning Anakin to assist the pilot, but upon testing the training bond, he realized his apprentice was still meditating. Unwilling to disrupt the young man, Obi-Wan simply set to the task of piloting the small transport.

It was several hours later when the pilot finally reappeared in the cockpit. ?One of the harmonic dampeners is about ready to give out. I?ll have to take her in for maintenance once we land on Caradonia. You guys were planning on staying on the planet for a few days anyways right?? He asked as he wiped the accumulated grease off his hands and onto a small towel.

?Yes, my Padawan and I will be mediating a dispute for at least the next four or five days. Will the ship be ready by then?? Obi-Wan asked, knowing that if the ship would still be out of service, he would have to contact the Council and have them send another transport.

?Sure, it doesn?t take too long to replace one of those dampeners. I just wouldn?t want to risk another jump on this one. Its too worn out to take the stress again, and without the dampeners, the leap to hyperspace can be a bit rough if you know what I mean,? the pilot said with a grin.

?Very well. If you are no longer in need of my assistance, I will go back to the main cabin,? Obi-Wan stated, pausing just long enough to get a negative response from the pilot before returning to his datapad.

\Hopefully I will have time to review this information with Anakin before we have to enter negotiations\ he thought as he began reading as quickly as possible. \Otherwise my apprentice may be in for a surprise or two? or three\ Obi-Wan smiled as he read one particular cultural taboo. \This will certainly be interesting?\

Feeling the ship drop out of hyperspace, Anakin roused himself from his meditations. He had finally managed to release most of his anger into the Force, but he was still determined to find out what had caused the scar across his Master?s back. Now that he had his anger in check, he felt that he would be able to confront Obi-Wan, and he hoped he would have an opportunity to do so before they returned to the Temple.

Leaving the small cabin he had spent the majority of the trip in, An

17. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    At least this time there aren't any Gungans [face_laugh]

Thanks- I really needed those extra helpings of posts after my rotten day at work.

Poor anakin is probably feeling betrayed, ignored, left out of the loop...in other words... a mushroom!

Edit- I don't even have AOL and just got kicked off- twice!! :mad:

18. Larkonna

Larkonna Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 1999
    Still enjoying every word.

I wonder how Anakin will finally find out.

19. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    PadawanKitara Sorry to hear you had a bad day at work. I don't know if it will help but..

:CalaisKenobi enters the thread with a silver tray for PadawanKitara:

Here's another post :)

20. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    **Kitara starts dancing around while waiting for the next post** YES it helps :)

21. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Although hostilities had not yet broken out at the negotiations, both Jedi felt that it was only a matter of time unless they managed to secure a truce. The Caradonians, though they may have derived the majority of their nutrients from their sun, had come to depend on certain products and supplies that could not be manufactured on their planet. The Caradonians were also suffering from the loss of income the widespread boycott was causing. As the days, then finally weeks had passed the people of Caradonia had become more and more desperate.

As soon as they stepped off of the transport, Obi-Wan and Anakin were almost swept away in the rising tide of hostility, anger and fear. Hostility over the undeserved (in their opinion) boycott, anger over the stalled negotiations, and fear as the necessary supplies became more and more scarce.

\\Increase your shielding, Padawan\\ Obi-Wan sent, quickly following his own advice. It cut down on their ability to use the training bond, but there was no choice. The two Jedi could not afford to be swept up in the tide of darkside emotions.

The Master and apprentice were quickly led from their transport into the domed government building. The architecture was designed specifically for otherworlders, helping to block the sun?s harmful rays. The Caradonian envoy, in their desperation to get the negotiations restarted immediately, asked Obi-Wan to report directly to the main hall, allowing only Anakin time to store their bags.

Risking lowering his shielding once more, Obi-Wan sent one quick burst to his apprentice. \\Be mindful Padawan, I feel there is more going on here than a simple trade boycott and tariff protest. Do not stray far and report to the main hall as soon as possible.\\

\\ Yes Master\\ Anakin responded before once more raising his shields and trotting down the darkened hallway to store his and his Master?s luggage. The Padawan was lead by a small Caradonian, who appeared to be not much older than he was.

The small boy was shorter than the Jedi apprentice, but he was much stockier, and his body plating made him cut a much more menacing figure. The boy did not so much as offer a word as he unceremoniously led Anakin down the hall and to a locked doorway. The Caradonian opened the door, and then stepped aside to let Anakin through. Anakin had just stepped through the doorway when the Force screamed a warning at him. Turning quickly, Anakin spun around just in time to see the door slam closed, locking once more.

Obi-Wan had been in the main hall, hearing the opening petitions of both parties, when he felt a slight ripple in the Force. Trying to center on the disturbance, without disrupting the negotiations, he was surprised to realize he could not sense his apprentice. With both of their shielding raised as high as it had been, the lack of connection was not necessarily due to any harm having befallen the young Padawan. Obi-Wan attempted to lower his shielding slightly to try to reach Anakin again, but the raised tension in the room was too much for him to handle.

Slamming his shields up once more, he decided to wait and see, and if Anakin did not report to the room within the next hour, he would search out his apprentice.

Solo was always prepared. On his ship he carried clothing that could carry him through the winter on Hoth as well as clothing that could easily handle the summer on Caradonia. The former smuggler turned Temple pilot had spent too much of his life on the run to not be prepared for any possible danger that could come his way. The life of a smuggler did not allow for many mistakes. One small mishap could spell certain death.

Slipping into his light reflective gear, Solo prepared to disembark and visit one of the spare parts dealers. He knew that the dampener really wasn?t in that bad of shape, but the risk of making a jump with a damaged part was too great to allow the part to go unreplaced. As soon as he had purchase

22. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Bad Bad Cardonians.. it's not nice to hold sweet, innocent (dangerous) little padawans as hostages.

23. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Nothing is ever easy for Obi or Ani, eh? :D Well I like it that way.

Just a question: how long is this fic going to be?

And about hearing the other people mention your fanfic - that's amazing! :)

Post soon. :)

24. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    As the five Caradonians entered the small room, Anakin immediately fell back to a defensive posture. He hadn?t yet ignited his lightsaber, but he had the hilt out and ready. He watched warily as the five men took up positions surrounding him.

As the apparent leader stepped up in front of him, Anakin wanted to do nothing more than ignite his lightsaber and then run. Unfortunately, his Jedi training prevented him from escalating a conflict, even as every one of his instincts honed in his nine-years as a slave screamed at him to take any escape there was. The apprentice held his position even as the menacing bulk of the leader brushed the front of his tunic. He would not escalate the conflict, but he would not back down either. His years as a slave taught him that a show of weakness would only cause him more problems than defiance ever could.

The large Caradonian leaned down until his eyes were level with the shorter Jedi?s. Through the Force, Anakin could still feel the four other men who had taken positions at his sides and back. Still refusing to back down, the Padawan raised his chin defiantly as he looked the much larger man in the eye.

?Ahh, so even the little Jedi has some spunk,? the man chuckled almost gleefully. ?I always knew you Jedi would be great fun to have around,? he smirked as he leaned back slightly to make eye contact with each of his associates.

?But the real reason we?re so excited to have you here,? the man to his right said, picking up the cue from his boss, ?is cause we know all about your Master/Apprentice bond.?

?We?ve heard all about how you young Jedi and your Masters can talk to each other and how you can send emotions to each other,? the man to his left then spoke.

?But what we?re really interested in,? the man behind him spoke for the first time, ?is whether or not your Master will be able to feel your pain.? Without further preamble the man behind lashed out, kicking the lightsaber from Anakin?s hand.

Before the apprentice could call it back with the Force, the Caradonians to his right and left grabbed his arms and held him firmly. ?And now the fun begins.?

Obi-Wan never gave a second thought to his promise to Master Yoda. As the first wave of pain traveled over the bond, he was up and running, not even bothering to spare a glance at the confused delegates. The Master had already given up too much keeping his word to the Jedi Council; he would not allow Anakin to suffer as well.

Using Force-enhanced speed, he raced down the corridor he had seen his Apprentice walk down only a few hours previously. The Master cast out all of his senses, allowing his shields to drop as fully as possible. The emotions of the delegates crashed into him as they struggled to follow but he refused to allow them to slow him down as he honed in on the pain filled signature of his Padawan.

Coming to a set of closed doors, the Master only hesitated long enough to free his lightsaber from its place on his utility belt before he used the Force to slam the doors open. As he ignited his lightsaber, Obi-Wan rushed into the room. He could see his apprentice held upright by two hulking Caradonians, as another two battered him from front and back. A fifth figure stood off to one side, holding the Padawan?s lightsaber in his massive hands. Obi-Wan prepared to take out the two causing his apprentice so much pain, but he was stopped as he ran into a force field.

Slammed back out into the hall by the shock of hitting the field full tilt, the Master briefly slumped to the floor, before drawing his energy back to him and struggling once more to his feet.

?Release my apprentice immediately!? He called out, as he attempted to use his lightsaber to cut through the field. The lightsaber merely sparked and hissed however, and the field remained intact.

?And why exactly would I want to do that?? The Caradonian with Anakin?s lightsaber asked. ?I went to a lot of trouble to trap this little Jedi, and now you want me to just rele

25. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    I must admit the odds of something like that happening (overhearing someone talking about fanfic) have got to be pretty near one in a million or so. I have never been so surprised by anything before in my life. My sister came back to the table and was trying to figure out what was wrong with me, and why I kept shushing her. LOL

As for the length of the fic... I have no idea. Honestly I am just writing it as it comes to me. As soon as I finish a chapter, I skim it quickly and then post (hence some of the heinous grammar errors I have since tried to edit). Hopefully this won't be too long that it scares people away, but I also don't want to just end it until it feels right :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.