main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Princess Allana Fanclub v0.0

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by SilSolo, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    And the one after, considering Sacrifice's title.

2. AlisonC

AlisonC Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2005
    And the fact that Jacen will be receiving his Darth name in Sacrifice, not Tempest or Exile. That he won't be getting it in Tempest is a small good sign, but that he will be getting it eventually makes me kind of [face_worried]

I have a 24-hour game ban, which is why I'm posting with my sock today.

3. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    That's not a sock! That's merely your original account! I'll be pissed if Allana doesn't outlive her namesake in terms age.

4. AlisonC

AlisonC Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2005
    Okay, so this is more of a stocking; I use it like a sock, but technically it's not one.

What do you mean about her namesake and term's age? Allya and Allaya lived a decent length of time; Allya long enough to have a lot of daughters, and Allaya had at least one who was old enough to remember her death. Anakin lived to 17, at least, which means if Allana matches him, she'll last throughout LotF and a good 10 years after.

5. Gloria

Gloria Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    I admit it, I like mark-up codes! :p

How the heck did I miss her on the DP?! :oops: I was more focused on Jag, I guess. :p

This means I have to finish Bloodlines! *stomps feet* :p

6. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    Small spoilers for Legacy of the Force and the Legacy comics: Who here thinks that Allana will one day be with Jagged Fel or, perhaps his son, instead of Jaina being with him? We know that there are Fels in power and while they're not definitely descendent of Jag, there are unsubtle clues all over the place. And Emperor Fel's daughter looks a lot like a Solo/Skywalker - like Jaina, yes, but sort of like Padme, and something else I can't really figure out.

Possibly the line was not through Jaina, but Allana? It's possible (IMHO, probable) that she will survive Legacy of the Force, and could become the Queen Mother. And her family, particularly her mother, isn't all that thrilled about Hapan politics. Could the Hapes Consortium and whatever the first Fel Emperor rules over end up joined in a marriage of politics (and, perhaps, more) through Allana and Jag?

Being Hapan, she might prefer an older man anyway, since absent serious Jedi influence, she's likely to elevate women above men to an extent and might find a man near her parents' ages to be more her equal.

7. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    That's definitely possible. Or Allana could marry one of Jag's kids for an alliance with the Ascendancy.

8. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    AHA LOL Del Rey and Dark Horse, we got you all figured out.

Well, okay, maybe not :p But it's a thought. Especially since (Tempest) Jagged Fel shows back up in Tempest, and although there isn't a lot to suggest in the DP that the Chiss have a major influence, that's just the DP and doesn't necessarily say much about the plot.

9. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    You know, wouldn't it be interesting if Jag were carbon-frozen and Allana married him after finding his body drifting somewhere twenty years after LOTF?

10. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    That's actually not a bad little fic idea. Write it!

As many of you know, elections are coming up in the EU Senate for the position of Chancellor. The candidates were recently discussing their platforms and ideas in the EU Senate thread.

We have a vote, which will be submitted by me soon, and if anybody would like to share their opinions on whom they think would be the best candidate for Chancellor (best for the EUC and best for the Princess Allana Fanclub), please let me know. Quickly; we have 48 hours. I don't want to simply make the vote without asking for input first and I haven't really heard anybody say what their preferences were.

11. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I like the idea. :D
    :p

12. Gloria

Gloria Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    I have to admit I don't like that idea at all. I mean Jag will be just under 30 years older than her! :oops: I also can't see him with anyone other than Jaina. That's why I can't stand the J/K ship; Kype knew Jaina as a toddler!

13. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    But if he's frozen in carbonite or in stasis, then he hasn't aged, really, and Allana can catch up. :D

Maybe she'll marry Jaagged Fel. [face_mischief]

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The problem with the Allana theory for the Legacy comics is that the Hapans would have to sort of get over their aversion to Imperials as well as patriarchy. Marrying Allana (who may or may not become Queen Mother) to a Fel emperor would be a tremendous decline in personal independance, even if it'd be a rise in galactic status. I don't know if Hapan culture would allow for their Queen Mother to be lesser in rank than her husband. (comic speculation)

15. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    Spoilers for the comics, Tempest, Sacrifice, and probably other things, and lots of speculation:

I agree that it's less likely than Jaina/Jagged for that and other reasons, but the J/J hints seem so obvious that I can't help but wonder if they're intentional red herrings. Which means that A) Marasiah is completely unrelated to the Solo family or B) she's related in some other way than Jaina and Jagged getting together.

B seems more plausible, since it's not usual in Star Wars to put up hints just for the hell of it and have them not pan out at all. Allana is the only other female Solo around at present, so either there would have to be another (in descending order of likelihood according to me - Jaina's daughter, another child of Jacen, or a secret daughter of Anakin which is probably not going to happen but technically possible), or it would be through Allana.

The future of the Hapans is way up to question. No doubt something big will happen in Tempest, and they are affiliated with the Galactic FFA, though perhaps not strongly so. With Jacen getting more and more powerful both in the Force sense and in the regular military/political sense, we have no idea what changes he could bring about. If he goes full-blown Sith, which is a given according to spoilers, he would have immense power and if Tenel Ka dies and Allana doesn't, he would have some ability to influence the future of Hapes. Technically, wouldn't that make Allana the Queen Mother? But at age four (or five, or six, whenever Tenel Ka dies) she wouldn't really be able to rule - even in Lightsabers, Tenel Ka thought that Yfra would be able to take over after the death of Ta'a Chume in Teneniel's absence because Tenel Ka was too young, at fourteen. (Maybe fifteen.) This means that someone else would rule Hapes for a good ten years. While Jacen couldn't do it, he would undoubtedly have some influence on who does. He could probably force the aging Isolder into a marriage that Jacen approves of for his own ends, for instance.

16. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    *double post demon strikes again b/c the edit time is up*

Again: please let me know ASAP which candidate you would like the thread to vote for in the Chancellor elections. If there is no response I'll have to make the thread's decision myself. I can do that if necessary, but I thought it would be more fair to get more input.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I could say who I support, but that might be a bit obvious. :p

I totally agree with you on the obvious bit. It's not like the comic writers to be obvious--but the only problem is that we're not left with much to work with. Allana is the only other possibility at this point, but that doesn't seem likely.

As far as the Hapan throne (is it called a throne?) goes, it depends on the rules of succession. If we replace the European Sallic laws and male primogeniture with female succession, we still get a system where only legitimate children are allowed to inherit. This is, of course, so that some bastard child of a love affair (or from a prostitute) cannot challenge the legitimate ruler. That leads to uncertainty and instability, which is the main weakness of monarchic governments.

Allana Solo is not really Allana Solo. Technically speaking, she's Allana Djo. There is not a state of marriage between Jacen and TK, and the child hasn't been publically acknowledged. Here's where it gets tricky--we have several things to consider.

I. Does Hapan law consider legitimacy? Can the natural born child of a female monarch be acceptable? Unlike European systems, paternity is irrelevant since the royal dignity lies with the mother and not the father. It's entirely possible a bastard can inherit in absence of a legitimate child because the maternity will always be known.

II. Can the Queen Mother nominate a successor? Supposing that legitimacy is a prerequisite for inheritance, can the Queen Mother still override that and say "this girl is my heiress"? It depends on how much power is reserved to the monarchy and how much is held by the nobles.

III. Will she be accepted? Assuming that Jacen does nothing to hurt Allana, he could possibly compel the nobles to put her on the throne. Take Jacen out of the picture entirely, though, and it becomes a bit more complicated. TK seems to suggest that their ire is something to be reckoned with.

So it's rather hard to say, but it does make for some fun thinking. Royal succession is always complicated.
    (comic spoilers and minor speculation, some Betrayal and DN stuff)

18. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    Not cut because the spoiler time for Bloodlines is up and there really aren't any for Tempest here, nothing that isn't both small and obvious.

I don't think her paternity really makes that much of a difference. After all, people on Hapes speculate (or did, at least, and there's no reason to think it's changed) that she's the daughter of a noble, and as far as Allana's royal lineage is concerned, it doesn't really matter. It matters for the nobles, but not for Allana or Tenel Ka directly.

Whether that's because it's assumed that Tenel Ka would show preference for the man who fathered Allana and possibly marry him, giving his family a little bit of power and prestige, or because Allana is the true successor anyway and thus the family would get that same prestige later through containing the father of the Queen Mother is unknown. Either way, it's clear that men are not completely powerless, but similar to the position of women in many older cultures; they can get some through being attached to a powerful woman, or very, very rarely by being just that special in their own rights.

Allana is not a Solo according to <i>Hapes,</i> but there's plenty of time for her paternity to become known and acknowledged by the GFFA, which is slightly tilted towards being patriarchal, and the political affiliation is irrelevant if we're only discussing biology; she's as much a Solo/Skywalker as any child of Jaina would be and just as much a Skywalker as Kol Skywalker or Kol Skywalker's father, whichever one is the son of Ben (if the Legacy Skywalker line is indeed through Ben, which hasn't been completely confirmed.) So the possibility of her being an ancestor of Marasiah, by biology alone, is not linked to politics. However, Allana marrying into the Fel family would probably have to have something to do with it.

Allana's paternal grandfather is Corellian. Her great-grandmother is not too pleased with the Rebel Alliance/Republic and presumably not the Galactic Federation, either, although she's supposedly brain-dead. Nonetheless, if she still has any influence, and something bad happens to Tenel Ka, we don't know what that means for Allana. Jagged Fel is also related to the Corellians. If the Ascendancy and Consortium both ally with Corellia against the GFFA, then we have a situation where a Djo/Fel marriage is entirely possible, with the main issue against it being that Hapes wouldn't like the possibility of its ruler losing power.

However, in a situation where it's the alternative to being taken over by the GFFA for its military power (unlikely, but possible) it could fly. Or Allana may end up a pawn, or if Jagged comes to power and marries someone other than Jaina and has sons, she might marry the younger son, and then something icky happen to the elder one.

Tempest will provide more clues, I think, but we won't really know what's up for awhile.

19. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Or maybe the Djos don't marry into the Fel family for this generation, but on the next. It's more likely for Allana to survive to adulthood, have children. I don't think that the Hapans would care much if... say that Allana has five kids, the first of which is a daughter and the youngest of which is a mere male, in their terms. He could marry a Fel girl and take the name out of Hapan male modesty and nobody would care because he's neither the eldest nor the daughter nor the heir.

As for legitimacy, we don't need to be married to prove that we're mothers. That's not the case with men and from what I've discerned from Dark Journey, Ta'a Chume would have been willing to have an illegitimate daughter to override her son's claim to the throne if she were still young enough to have kids, so it has to be legal.

20. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    Update: GrandAdmiralJello is looking for members of the EUS Ministry. Check out the Senate thread if you're interested.

21. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    Less than 5 weeks to Tempest!

Anybody doing anything Allana-related for Halloween? (I'm not, not much anyway, but was curious.)

22. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    No, not doing much for Halloween since I don't celebrate that, but what do you think of this as a base for an avvy:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/42016359/

23. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    Ooh, I love that pic. And I think it would still work with blonde.

24. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Thanks, and here are a few variations on the original: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v332/SilSolo/Star%20Wars%20EU/Icons/OCT27/

25. DarthAllana

DarthAllana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 28, 2006
    Hey guys! Please tell Daddy not to kill me! I wanna learn his tricks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.