main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Princess Allana Fanclub v0.0

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by SilSolo, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    She might be mentioned - in Fact, since Tenel Ka and Jacen are on the DP, it's pretty much a given that the topic of Allana will come up and she will probably appear in a small role. Leaving her out entirely would be very difficult to do without throwing Tenel Ka, at least, out-of-character.

But perhaps not a big enough role to be on the DP itself. Bummer.

2. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    Well with any luck she'll eventually start to have more time I'd hate it if they killed her off at such a young age. She has WAY to much potential to kill off in my opion.

3. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Bad news. [face_frustrated] *raises a fist and threatens DelRey* Oh, WHYYYY?!?!

She was on the Tempest DP and look at her role there. Less then we expected.

I'm rather surprised by this. I mean, Inferno *is* Denning's book. Allana is practicly his character. It is surprising that he won't take all that potential and excellent story material to deepen her character.

QFT!

4. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    So what do you all think will she be raised as a Jedi, Sith, or just as a princes? Also which would you prefer for her to become?

5. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I'd prefer for Jacen to raise her as a sith

6. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    A multiclass. :) More like Leia then Tenel Ka. First a princess-diplomat, then a Jedi.

7. Svebor

Svebor Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2005
    Haha! A multiclas, like in RPGs. [face_laugh]
    But seriously, I don't see her any other way than a multiclass. She is on a position. That kid has the potential to save the galaxy. To make it a better place. And Force-users do make good heads of state.

8. Jaina_swordofJedi

Jaina_swordofJedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2007
    Little Allana has her own fanclub? Wow, great! :) Her character is realy intersting. I'm a fan of Dark Nest trilogy. Her appearance there was both amazing and shocking. It really makes the trilogy more intersting. But I am a little dissappointed how she was written in Legacy of the Force series. I still need to read Exile and Sacrifice, but since Allana isn't even on the DP there, I don't have great expectations concerning her.

9. Svebor

Nov 13, 2005

Well said. :) I found her story one of the highlights of the Dark Nest.

10. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Yes, Allana and, for me, the R2 story. Both are very important for the overall story, yet they seem to be sidequests. ;) But the enrich the original plot, the main bug story. Plus, DNT was th first work of EU where someone from the Skywalker line appeared as a non-full-canon character (which she was in the beginning). Also, DNT is much better in showing Allana, she was presented to the SW universe, an heir to Hapan throne of Skywalker-Solo bloodline. That's some potential! Now, in the LOTF series, I don't think the authors have used all that potential in her character well.

11. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I think it is too :D

12. Jaina_swordofJedi

Aug 25, 2007
    Amon_Amarth, nice to see a fammiliar face here. :)

I agree with Svebor that her story is one of the best things in the Dark Nest. I also agree with Amon_Amarth that Legacy of the Force wasn't up to everybody's expectations. That is strange, because T.Denning is one of the Legacy writers. He made such a cool character, he should then have used it properly. If it's all about the Jaceen, then they should have written more Allana. Because what is she than Jacen's offspring, the future of Star wars.

13. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Usually I'm a fan of Denning's work, but now, even though the Tempest was a LOTF book I ejoyed the most thus far, I was slightly disappointed with him. I had greater expectations for this series.

14. Svebor

Nov 13, 2005
    I'm expecting to get Inferno tomorrow. [face_dancing]
    It is still a pitty, though, that Allana haven't made it even to the DP.
    Amon_Amarth, I totally agree with you. I was a little dissappointed with Denning's work myself, since I usually love his books. And Allana is the future. When the series started I had the feeling that she would play an important role in Jacen's path of Sith Lord, part in bringing him back to the light. But even though authors keep mentioning how Jacen loves Allana, it is not enough. He was prepared to throw away both Allana and Tenel Ka when he killed Mara; he knew TK would come to hate him when she finds out the truth. He risked Alana's love and her life. And he is supposed to do all that Sith rubbish for her! In the end, he cares only about his selfish but. Or at least that is how the authors have showed it, if you ask me, things in LOTF should have gone a little differently.

15. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    Very good point,
    I think in order for anyone to redeem Jacen they would have to prove to him that he is doing more harm to the galaxy then good and that would be near impossible to do at the moment. Maybe Allana could save him but I don't see it at the moment.

16. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I would prefer to have Allana seriously hurt him for being a butt.

17. Jaina_swordofJedi

Aug 25, 2007
    Same here; I loved Dark Nest and Tatooine Ghost and Star by Star.....he's a fantastic author. I have the feeling that he did't try his best in the Legacy of the Force series. :(

I very much agree with you. To Jacen, Allana is just an excuse. I think that soon he might proove to be a threat to her and I only hope Tenel Ka won't be so blind as so far and that she'll protect her daughter by keeping her away from Jacen.
    I liked Jacen at first, especially in Dark Nest, but not now. I think he crossed the line now.

What do you mean? :confused:

18. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    i mean as in have her go up to Jacen and run him through with a lightsaber and tell him that he's JINO

19. DarknessofDeath

DarknessofDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2006
    I love Tatooine Ghost. I get choked up when Leia figures out who her grandma is. :(

20. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    Sorry I'm a Jacen fan but I also think only his daughter could save him....if it's not to late that is. I can't see TK killing Jacen...well not anymore if she used cunning about it maybe but not anymore. After all she lost her hand to him already and that was only an accedent. Not to mention she's been to bussy to practice her jedi skills really.

21. Jaina_swordofJedi

Aug 25, 2007
    I always liked Jacen myself, but I don't think he is well written in Legacy of the Force series. It is not the Jacen from Young Jedi Knights and New Jedi Order.

22. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    No...that Jacen Solo is dead and gone..killed in the Vong war or sometime shortly after the war anyways.

23. Jaina_swordofJedi

Aug 25, 2007
    Jacen was always a good boy, with expressed animal affinity, kind to others and so forth. It was his characters. It is hard to imagine that a person like that could commit all artrocities Jacen did in the Legacy of the Force. In such a little time, he changed so much. It was so artificial, not gradual and kind of natural like we've seen in the other Dark Lords, not like Vader. Jacen sunk much deeper in much shorter time period. That it how his fall was shown in the Legacy of the Force series: artificial.

24. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I'm a Jacen fan too. however I'm not a JINO fan

25. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005

I agree. This isn't about Allana like in Dark Nest, this is selfish, his own wish for more power.

I can see that happening eventually. It is so Star Wars. ;) And she is the right person to teach him a lesson.

Unfortunately, the LOTF authors have decided do her characterization in ROTS-blind-Padme style. Such a waste of the great character Tenel Ka is.

QFT!

Tatooine Ghost is one of my favourite SW books, I think. t is well written, the story and the characters are great. There is a lot of touching moments, as well as some epic (Thrawn, Pellaeon and all). It was really a great connection of OT, PT and EU. :)

What is JINO?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.