main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Princess Allana Fanclub v0.0

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by SilSolo, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    yep but it is a starting place is it not?

2. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    That's what I was thinking.

3. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    yes but it gives anyone who wishes to draw her, a starting point

4. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007
    Well that true too. [face_thinking]

5. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    Hi !
    I <3 Allana, she's so sweet, and has a lot of potential in future storylines.
    She's very smart... beyond her years.

I did Allana fanart, with her grandparents
    [image=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/7945/grandparentsjw9.jpg]

and I have more Allana fanart at my thread

I hope I can join your club [face_batting]

6. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    nice artwork. that's just how I see anime Han and Leia :D

7. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Aww, that's sweet! :)

8. Jedi_Amelia

Jedi_Amelia Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2008
    I <3 Allana

she's so cute and charming! I like her feisty streak too. I think she may turn out to be like Jaina personality-wise.

I just hope she doesn't have to go through as much as the Solo kids did. I really hope she has a happy normal childhood as she's been through so much hurt already.

9. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I'd like that too. i mean, the Solos *deserve* some happiness after all. But this is Star Wars after all, tragedies happen. So a life of adventure and sacrifice probably awaits Allana as well.
    It is your destiny! [/Vader]

10. Jedi_Amelia

Jedi_Amelia Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2008
    Yes the Solos deserve a lot of happiness now. Though I agree Allana should have some adventures. I'm happy she is with the Solos and not on Hapes so she is more likely to be a Jedi. I'd like to see her as a Jedi more as Queen of Hapes. Tenel Ka was pushed into the background after she became Queen so I hope the same doesn't happen to Allana.
    Though if she was a Jedi for Hapes, she could have some adventures and we could see more of Hapes as well.

11. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I think the role of both a Queen and a Jedi would fit her nicely, if it is managed well by the authors of the future SW books, that is. Even with Tenel Ka, there are soooo many opportunities for plots of all kind in a setting filled with intrigue such as the Hapes Consortium. So, what I really hope is, that the authors do not repeat the same mistake as they had done with Tene Ka and leave Allana aside. Since she is a character so full of potential, a real legacy of the Force.

However, I'm not sure if that could be done so easily, now that Allana's origins (and special powers I presume) are to remain a complete secret. Yes, she could certainly have the training as a Jedi, but if she is ever to reveal her Force-related abilities to Hapan nobility, it wouldn't be so difficult to add two and two together and realise who is Allana's father. And with that, it is highly likely that both Tenel Ka's and Allana's influence with the nobles would cease to be enough to stop some of them from staging a coup or rebelling loudly... [face_thinking]

12. Svebor

Svebor Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2005
    I know what you mean. In series about Young Jedi Knights, she was prety though character who took care of herself, and in LOTF books, she just keeps calling hel again and again, like all that training in Luke's Academy was in vain.
    If they messed her character up, they should fix things with Allana!!!

13. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005

Nicely put. =D=
    Although I do not think Tenel Ka's story ends here. She is definitely not too old and still is a target for half of the Hapan Consortium. A Queen and a Jedi. And since there have been some Troy Denning novels announced in the near future, I believe we shall see more of her. And even though messed up a bit, the character can still progress... [face_thinking]

14. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I still don't accept this post DN crap as canon. And th eonly part of DN that I accept as canon is Allana. But I suppose her being raised by Leia would explain how she becomes a great politician later on.

Question for you guys: do you think she's still alive in the Legacy series, possibly hiding?

15. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    [face_thinking] I don't know. Legacy is set a 100 years in the future after the DN books, so I'm not really sure if she'd be alive. But her descendants should be! Strange they haven't brought them up yet. But maybe they are in the hiding... [face_thinking]

16. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Dathomiri women sometimes have very long lifespans, so we don't know. Heck, there's a chance that Tenel Ka lived as long as Augwynne Djo and still might be around. But not likely since TK would show up to fight in such a situation.

Or maybe it's this:

After Allana's death from old age, one of her children returns to Hapes bearing bad news: signs of a Sith takeover soon to come. The new queen, who's values the safety of her people above all else, retreats, recalling all of Tenel Ka's Force-sensitive descendants back into the cluster and closes the worlds off from outside contact. Well, except to keep a few out there to inform her when it'll be safe to reopen the borders again.

17. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    well barring an early death, allna should live to be over 100. maybe 120 tops, specially with the force. she would still be alive unless she was killed.

18. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    so how did you all feel about allna in "Falcon"?

19. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I have some interesting thoughts about Allana.

Her father succumbed to the dark side and was promptly killed, at which point she was adopted by her grandparents Han and Leia. She was only a little girl when all this happened (age 5?), so she couldn't grasp the full import of it. But recall what happened: Her aunt Jaina killed her father, and moreover killed him at a time in his darkness when he was most susceptible to returning to the light and being redeemed--he died saving *her* life. Unlike Luke Skywalker, Allana will never have the opportunity to know her father, not even fleetingly seeing him potentially saved from the dark side. And it's all because Jaina refused to show him mercy when he tried to put his lightsaber away and end their duel to save her.

So this leads me to wonder if we will see any tension starting to show between Allana and Jaina in later years as she grows older and reflects more deeply upon her father's death? Might we even see Allana as a teen or young adult tempted to the dark side in a bid for revenge to show Jaina the same mercy she'd shown her father?

Well, regardless of where Del Rey takes Allana's story, the above is actually the subject of a fanfic I've been thinking up, at any rate, but I don't know when I'll actually write it down.
    :)

Another thing that jumps out to my mind (if dismayingly) is that we don't see any descendants of Allana in the Legacy comics (at least none that I'm aware--granted I haven't read the comics, only been following them on the Wook). But we have Luke and Ben's descendant Cade, plus a very probable descendant of Jaina and Jag in the form of the Fel line of emperors. But there are no Solos, no one whom we can tie back to Allana (I don't even think there are any Hapans in the series). Probably all this means is that one day Allana marries a man and takes on his last name, thus losing the Solo name to the mists of history--but let's hope the lack of a Solo or Djo in Legacy doesn't mean a premature end for our Hapan princess, thus putting a total end to Jacen Solo's line.
    :(

20. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Allana turning on Jaina. That would make a great fanfic.

I don't think the missing Solo name means that Allana met a premature end. In fact, I bet that she married a Hapan, kept her name, but had only sons, and so when her sons got married, they took their wives' names, and that's how the Djo/Solo name disappeared.

21. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    I've done some more Allana fanarts ^____^

[image=http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/4117/tkallana.png]

[image=http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9955/protectivers2.jpg]
    ^ that's a bit old o_O

My art thread has some more Allana art
    I see you have a list of artists in first post, please can I be added [face_batting] I would like to keep drawing Allana as she grows up.

That's interesting if it might be a difficult relationship for Allana and Jaina, I hope future books have something about it.
    I think it would be interesting if Allana does become a Jedi, that she's Jaina's apprentice.

22. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I really love the second one. Add me please. :) I am just geting into anime (not the shows, just the art) and I am an artist. Maybe I can get some pointers on how to draw it. ;)

23. QueenMother_LK

QueenMother_LK Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2009
    wow those are awesome great job! =D=

24. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I have a quick question. I've never read any of the Legacy comics before, but can anyone tell me if Allana has any descendants (or probable descendants) in that series?

@Kiy:
    Wow, that is some great artwork! I've looked at your thread too. Great stuff. I look forward to seeing you portray Allana growing up. :)

25. QueenMother_LK

QueenMother_LK Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2009
    Rew: It doesn't seem like it. I'm not 100% caught up with the comics, so someone else might answer it better, but it seems that her descendants, if there are any, aren't in the story line as of now. Hopefully they will be tho [face_praying]:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.