main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Princess And The Padawan (AU Siriwan fairytale!!) NOW COMPLETE 11/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: The Princess And The Padawan
    Author:LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe:AU, JA
    Characters:eek:bi-Wan, Siri, Qui-Gon, Xanatos, Bruck, OCs
    Genre:Romance/Drama
    Summary:What would happen Siri never was a Jedi and instead was a Princess. When a threat to her kingdom appears Siri's parents have to call on the Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn and his Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi. What happens next, you'll just have to read to find out.

Author's Notes:This story just popped up in my subconcious today and it just wouldn't leave me alone. This story is VERY AU and things deviate from the JA books a bit. I accidently posted this initially in the Saga forum so I moved it over here. I want to thank Toni, Master_Talek, and DarthMousche for their lovely reviews! :D

Disclaimer: I don't own Obi-Wan or Siri or anything else from the Star Wars universe, I'm just renting them.

The Princess And The Padawan

Chapter 1

Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away there lived a princess. She was not your ordinary princess in many ways. For one she would rather wear pants then a dress, would rather hold a blaster than a scepter. This princess? name was Siri Tachi and she was the heir to the throne of the planet Solera. Siri never totally felt comfortable with the position she had been born into, she always wondered if there was something else out there for her. Little did Siri know just how things would begin changing for her in ways she could never imagine possible.

The planet Solera was one of beauty and prosperity. For centuries the Tachi family monarchy had control of the planet, and the system worked. The King Tolan and the Queen Mari were very good at leading their kingdom, but like anyone else they had their problems. And one of their biggest ones was learning how to deal with their headstrong daughter.

Siri was now almost 18 years old and she would soon have to take on the leadership of their fair planet. Law stated that the heir to the throne must be married by their 18th birthday otherwise they would be forced to abdicate the throne. And Siri was the King and Queen?s only daughter. Siri had turned down all her suitors, her quick wit often got the best of her and had led to the possibility that the Tachi family line would soon end.

Princess Siri Tachi stood out on the veranda outside her room, wearing a pensieve expression on her face. She was fiercely loyal to both her family and her kingdom and truly wanted what would be best for Solera. But she couldn?t help but not give any of these prissy high strung princes any respect at all. She knew she should try harder, but for her that was always a problem.

She shivered and turned to glance at a blanket that was lying on her sleepcouch. She concentrated on it and the blanket moved over to her, and then she wrapped it around herself. Siri had been born with Force sensitivity and she knew that she could have become a Jedi. A Jedi Master had come to see her parents not long after she was born, but her parents had decided against sending her to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant to be trained. She often wondered how her life would had she gone.

A retired Jedi Master named Ral Harman lived on Solera and was good friends with her parents and had trained Siri in using the Force. She didn?t know how to use a lightsaber, but she could heal herself, use her senses as a Jedi would and also had to summon objects to her hand. She also learned how to meditate and that was what she was attempting until she was interrupted.

?Princess Siri,? came a soft spoken voice from outside her bedroom door. She sighed and moved to the door opening it. One of the servents stood outside the door and bowed briefly before speaking. ?Sorry for bothering you, your highness but your parents wish to speak with you about some urgent matter,? she said.

?Thank you,? Siri replied and replaced the blanket before leaving her chamber. She walked swiftly to the throne room where she was sure her parents would be waiting. There they were sitting in their thro

2. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Right forum this time. :p

Great start! Can't wait to see how she acts around Obi-Wan. :D

And I see Xan and Bruck are going to be in this, too. [face_mischief] [face_love]

3. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Oooh, Siri not a Jedi huh? I think perhaps being a Princess might be a better outlet for her personality but I freely confess to only knowing her from the JA books. Still trying to get caught up on some of the others...

More?

KD

4. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Here are some review replies...

JadeSolo: Right forum this time. Yup

Great start! Can't wait to see how she acts around Obi-Wan.

Thanks! Yeah, it will be interesting, hehe

And I see Xan and Bruck are going to be in this, too.

Yuppers! And since this is a au, you never know when they are going to pop up.;)

Knight_Dilettante: Oooh, Siri not a Jedi huh? I think perhaps being a Princess might be a better outlet for her personality but I freely confess to only knowing her from the JA books. trying to get caught up on some of the others...

When the idea came to me for SIri to be a Princess I admit I laughed for a minute and then I thought of the possibilities. Thanks!

More?

Its coming!

5. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Summary:What would happen Siri never was a Jedi and instead was a Princess. When a threat to her kingdom appears Siri's parents have to call on the Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn and his Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi. What happens next, you'll just have to read to find out.

Chapter 2

Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi was sitting in the Room of a Thousand Fountains in the middle of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, trying to meditate. Usually meditation came easily to him, he always had been good at those exercises in the Temple, but for some reason that he could not explain he was on edge today. He supposed it might have to do with his impatience to go on a mission again. Obi-Wan and his Master Qui-Gon Jinn had been in the Temple for a month now, and just now the desire to do something new was beginning to take hold.

Obi-Wan knew he was supposed to be content when resting as he was in battles, but he couldn?t explain the extreme desire to do something. He needed a change, if only the Temple would finally give them an assignment.

Obi-Wan cleared his mind and drew in the Force using a calming technique. There, he felt a little better; perhaps he didn?t need to go on a mission right away. It would come when the Council felt it was time.

?Something is disturbing you Padawan,? he heard a cool steady voice say. Obi-Wan looked up to see the face of his mentor, friend and Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

?Yes Master,? he answered, though he really didn?t feel like talking about it.

?Care to explain?? Qui-Gon prompted.

?It?s just that I feel we have been inactive too long. I feel like there is somewhere else I need to be right now, but I can?t explain it,? Obi-Wan said with a sigh.

?Jedi should not desire to be on missions all the time, but that is why I have come to find you. We have a new mission,? Obi-Wan?s Master stated.

?We do?? Obi-Wan asked startled.

?Yes Padawan, we are expected at the Council. Come,? Qui-Gon replied.

The two Jedi moved quickly through the Temple and entered the turbolift that would take them to the Jedi High Council Chamber. They waited a short while in the waiting room before they finally entered the room.

Obi-Wan used to always hate going inside the Council Chambers when he was younger. Many times he?d felt very intimidated by the stares of the Jedi Masters, Mace Windu in particular. The more he went to see the Council however, the more used to being there he was.

?A new mission for you we have,? said the small Jedi Master Yoda.

?Have you heard of the planet Solera?? Mace Windu asked. Both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan shook their heads in the negative. ?It is a prosperous planet with a monarchy that has ruled the planet for centuries. Days ago however, there was an attack made on the palace in the form of thermal detonators. The royal family is fine, but they have asked for a Jedi Team to find the source of this attack and to keep their family safe. This will not be an easy mission,? Mace stated.

?I accept,? Qui-Gon answered.

6. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Obi-Wan wants something to do? I bet Siri will give him more than enough trouble to keep him busy. [face_laugh]

7. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    I think Jade has her pegged.

*snicker* I'm looking forward to this. I'll just go pop some popcorn and then wait for the fireworks.

KD

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Just came across this today - very good start.

I'm anxious to see what happens when Obi-Wan meets Siri and vise versa!

Nice job

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Review replies...

JadeSolo:Obi-Wan wants something to do? I bet Siri will give him more than enough trouble to keep him busy.

LOL! Yeah she sure will! Thanks!

Knight_Dilettante:I think Jade has her pegged.

Yup!

*snicker* I'm looking forward to this. I'll just go pop some popcorn and then wait for the fireworks.

And there will plenty of them! Thanks!

KELIA:Just came across this today - very good start.

Thank you!

I'm anxious to see what happens when Obi-Wan meets Siri and vise versa!

Well they come face to face this next chapter, but their actual meeting is a couple chapters away.

Nice job

Thanks again!

10. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005

Chapter 3

The two Jedi soon arrived on the planet Solera. There were ushered to a speeder that whisked them to the secret summer palace of the royal family. Obi-Wan watched the scenery go by, and was curious as to how this particular mission would turn out. For some reason he seemed to sense that his life would be impacted somehow, but he couldn?t begin to explain it. But he didn?t have time to dwell on it because soon they had both arrived.

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan entered the palace and were led to the throne room where King Tolan and Queen Mari waited. They bowed, showing their respect.

?Honorable Jedi, I welcome you both to the planet Solera,? King Tolan started.

?I am Qui-Gon Jinn and this is my Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi,? Qui-Gon said introducing them.

?And I am Tolan and this is my wife Mari. We wish that you could have visited our beautiful world under different circumstances,? Tolan said.

?As do we, do you have any idea who might be behind this attack?? Qui-Gon asked.

?My government is not without its enemies, the neighboring planet Telos has always been Solera?s rival. Years ago we fought a great war against them, but since then we?ve had a treaty. Unfortunately the treaty will soon be up for reevaluation and therefore the risk for a new threat from Telos will be at hand,? Talon explained.

Qui-Gon sighed and shared a glance with his Padawan. ?We have had dealings with Telos before; I know the harm they could cause. We will investigate the threat,? he said.

?There is something else,? Talon said sharing an uneasy look with his wife. ?Our daughter Siri is the only heir to the throne, she will soon have to marry or else abdicate the throne. We have reason to believe she could be in grave danger.?

?Father!? a voice shouted angrily and a blonde girl came out from the shadows with her hands on her hips. To Obi-Wan she looked beautiful, even when angry. He forced his thoughts about her out of his mind before Qui-Gon could notice. ?Why must you always treat me like such a child? I can take care of myself!? she exclaimed walking closer.

Talon turned to the Jedi and gave a sympathetic look. ?This is our daughter Siri.?

?Siri, we are only looking out for you,? Mari said trying to calm her daughter unsuccessfully.

?Well don?t!? Siri shouted and exited the room.

?I?m sorry about that, our daughter is under a great deal of stress,? Mari said.

?Not to worry,? Qui-Gon said.

?Now as we were saying earlier, we believe our daughter could be in danger, would it be possible for one of you to protect her?? Talon said.

Qui-Gon looked thoughtful for a moment and Obi-Wan could almost see the gears turning. He figured he knew what his Master?s next course of action would be. ?Both I and my Padawan will return to the Palace and look for any future threats. When the palace is safe to return to we will come back and then I can have my Padawan protect the Princess while I investigate further,? he said.

11. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    So is that Qui-Gon following the will of the Force there? He's not likely to be happy when he finds out what that will of the Force really is.

Oh, yeah, fireworks for sure...

KD

12. Master_Talek

Master_Talek Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 3, 2005
    So... we are getting an early Fourth of July with the big finale?:p I can't wait.[face_mischief] Are you selling tickets or something because I'll buy one.

Can't wait for your next update![face_praying]

13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Just let me know when to duck and cover before the fur begins to fly between those two.

14. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Oh good - you continued it! :) I suspect Siri won't take too well to being protected. Looking forward to more...

15. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    So Qui-Gon is going to leave Obi-Wan to protect Siri...very interesting.

It shouldn't take too long for the sparks to fly!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

16. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    *Pries self away from microsoft word* Well just popped in to say thanks to all my reviewers and to announce that chapter 4 is well on its way! *bows and exits*

Knight_Dilettante:So is that Qui-Gon following the will of the Force there? He's not likely to be happy when he finds out what that will of the Force really is.

LOL, no he certainly won't! [face_laugh]

Master_Talek:So... we are getting an early Fourth of July with the big finale?I can't wait.Are you selling tickets or something because I'll buy one.

LOL! It will be a little while before we get to the big finale, but fireworks...oh yeah! I'm not selling tickets..but maybe I should,lol just kidding.

Can't wait for your next update!

It's coming so keep your eyes peeled. ;)

PadawanKitara:Just let me know when to duck and cover before the fur begins to fly between those two.

It's coming soon,I'll tell you that! :)

DarthMousche:Oh good - you continued it!I suspect Siri won't take too well to being protected. Looking forward to more...

No, she won't...poor Obi-Wan. And the update is on its way, hehe.

KELIA:So Qui-Gon is going to leave Obi-Wan to protect Siri...very interesting.

Yuppers, poor guy.

It shouldn't take too long for the sparks to fly!

You got it! :D

17. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005

Chapter 4

Qui-Gon was silent on the ride to the Palace, he was in one of his moods where he just liked to think and meditate and be left alone. Obi-Wan was well adjusted to his Master?s moods and didn?t say much on the ride. He himself was deep in thought the whole ride. He kept trying to think of who would have threatened the Royal family and why. He did suspect it was Telos, but he needed more answers than that.

Several years ago Obi-Wan had faced great evil on the planet Telos in the form of Qui-Gon?s former Padawan Xanatos. The Jedi had turned against his Master, and the Jedi Order and turned to the Dark Side. Xanatos had liked luring Qui-Gon into traps and that meant Obi-Wan had fallen into them as well. The last battle the two had fought against Xanatos ended in a stalemate. The Dark Jedi had gotten away at the last moment, and for years hadn?t heard of him. But they both knew he was out there, and he was biding his time as well as growing stronger in the Dark Side.

The other concern on Obi-Wan?s mind was his new responsibility of protecting the Princess of Solera. He didn?t particularly like this assignment, and it wasn?t what Jedi usually got asked to do, but he did understand the importance of it. Siri seemed to be quite different from the stereotypical Princess. She was quite independent for someone who had been raised in luxury their whole lives. Obi-Wan?s first thought about her was that she was pretty, his second was that she did not seen like a easy person to deal with. This mission had certainly gotten interesting.

?Once again Padawan you are not focused on the present,? Qui-Gon said in a stern voice, but with an amused smile.

?Sorry Master,? Obi-Wan said.

Qui-Gon nodded and patted Obi-Wan on the shoulder. ?Look, we are here,? he said.

Obi-Wan looked up and his eyebrows rose with his head. The palace was among the more opulent ones he?d ever seen. It was a large mansion with tall white pillars and large windows with an extensive garden in front. The royal family seemed fairly easygoing with the exception of the Princess; it was strange to think of them all living in a place such as this. Most royal families were a bit more formal than the Tachi family was.
    ?Come Padawan, let?s talk to the staff,? Qui-Gon said and Obi-Wan followed his master out of the speeder and up the pathway to the gate.

?Welcome Jedi, I?m glad for your assistance,? said a man approaching them wearing the security guard clothing and insignia of the palace. ?I?m Yalmath Bur the chief of security at the palace and I was the one that noticed the thermal detonators on the grounds,? he said.

Qui-Gon introduced them quickly before questioning the man. ?Where exactly did you find the detonators??

?All over, buried in the dirt, 42 of them in total, this place would have become unrecognizable if they would have blown,? Yalmath replied.

?And how did you locate them?? he asked.

?Thermal sensors triggered.?

?And how come they didn?t go off as soon as they were placed??

The security guard gave Qui-Gon a surprised look. ?You see that is what we don?t understand. The only way to override the sensors is to know the high level security code, and it is virtually hacker proof. And only I know the security code,? Yalmath replied.

Qui-Gon was silent for a moment, trying to take all this in. First off how could someone hack into a high level security system alter the sensors, bury the sensors and reengage the sensors so that the people would be fine. It made little sense, as if someone was toying with them. ?Can we see the s

18. Master_Talek

Sep 3, 2005
    Alright! Siri and Obi-Wan will finally meet![face_dancing] Can't wait to see what happens.[face_mischief]So... will Xan will play a part in the story? I am eagerly awaiting your next post.=D=[face_praying]

19. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    Ha! For the famous last words file: ?After all how bad could protecting a Princess be?? Qui-Gon said with a half grin.

I dunno, that's a lot of suspicious coincidences...

Poor Obi-Wan is going to be wishing for a Xan-trap I think before too long.

KD

20. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    After all how bad could protecting a Princess be?? Qui-Gon said with a half grin.

I am afraid we are about to find out :D

21. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Hey all you wonderful reviewers! Last night I plotted out this whole story, and wrote the next chapter. So it will be up soon. :D

Master_Talek:Alright! Siri and Obi-Wan will finally meet! Can't wait to see what happens.

Yuppers!! :D

So... will Xan will play a part in the story? I am eagerly awaiting your next post.

He will show up eventually, hehe.

Knight_Dilettante:Ha! For the famous last words file: ?After all how bad could protecting a Princess be?? Qui-Gon said with a half grin.

I dunno, that's a lot of suspicious coincidences...

LOL!! Sure is.

Poor Obi-Wan is going to be wishing for a Xan-trap I think before too long.

Unless he's already in one. ;)

PadawanKitara:After all how bad could protecting a Princess be?? Qui-Gon said with a half grin.

I am afraid we are about to find out

Yup, that's for sure!

22. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005

Chapter 5

WARNING: THE FIREWORKS ARE ABOUT TO BEGIN

Obi-Wan was led through the palace by a maid, who would introduce him to Siri. He was wondering what she would be like. She was beautiful that much was for sure, but she seemed to have a bit of a forceful personality as well. He wondered what had made her so bitter, and how she would treat him. Oh well, all that mattered was his mission.

Obi-Wan was led to a courtyard where Princess Siri was sitting by a fountain. She seemed to be either deep in thought or was intentionally not noticing their arrival, or perhaps both. The maid and Obi-Wan bowed to the Princess. ?Princess Siri, this is the Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi,? she said politely.

Siri turned her attention to Obi-Wan for the first time. She was silent for a moment, and then spoke. ?So you are the Jedi protector I don?t even need! Well you might as well forget it, I don?t need you! I can take care of myself thank you very much!? she exclaimed, perhaps with a little more anger than she had meant.

Obi-Wan was taken aback, he hadn?t expected her to lash at him with her first words. But then again with the display in the throne room earlier, he should?ve expected it. ?I?m sorry Princess, but I will follow my mandate to protect you,? he said calmly looking into her beautiful sapphire orbs.

?You Jedi! Always such a pain in the--? Siri started, only to be interrupted.

?I?m sorry to hear you think that way, but Jedi are as they are,? Obi-Wan replied, letting out his frustration and showing perfect calm.

?Must you always be so self righteous?? she snapped.

?Yes,? he said.

?Let me guess you are a goody two shoes who always has to follow the rules??

?You got it.?

?You must drive your Master crazy!?

?Perhaps.?

?And you think that just because you have a lightsaber, you can protect me from most anything.?

?Pretty much,? Obi-Wan answered with a little smile, now starting to enjoy getting a rise out of her. Plus she looked cuter when she was angry?then again he hadn?t really seen her when she was happy.

?You are infuriating, how can anyone in the Jedi Order stand you?? she asked.

?Why do you tell me I am infuriating when I didn?t start the argument in the first place?? he said, still trying to show a image of perfect calm.

?GAH!!!?

23. Master_Talek

Sep 3, 2005
    [face_laugh] They are so perfect for each other! Wow, infuriating Obi-Wan and really definant Siri. Things are going to get interesting.[face_mischief]

Please update soon![face_praying]=D=

24. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I love how easperated Obi-Wan got Siri!

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

25. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    Yup, fireworks. As long as no sparks fly off into the ammo dump we're alright.

Cute meeting between the two.

KD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.