main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The PRO/ANTI Smoking and Drinking Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthTalgus, Mar 29, 2016.

1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  2. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I'm going to ponder this very important matter over a nice frosty glass of thinking juice...

[​IMG]

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'ma gonna go with a "damn straight I'm down" for both of these poisons, Alex.

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    No matter what you do, never smoke a drink. I did that once by mistake and I wouldn't recommend it.

5. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    You invented the flaming sambuca?

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  6. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    My dad died as a result of smoking and I hate the smell of cigarettes so I'm very anti-smoking. But to each their own.

Rew likes this.
  7. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Addiction is a great evil among us. The human cost of dependence is too often neglected or ignored. I scarcely now of any other industries that have a business model which depend so entirely on being the direct cause of human disease. In this, I think they epitomize much of what is repugnant about capitalism. Nor are psychoactive substances in general to be desired. I would thus strongly support public health campaigns to eliminate both. That said, I realize that most would find this unpleasant, and so I have no interest in compelling any one, and admonish only few.

Rew and Shira A'dola like this.
  8. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    I'm pretty good with drinking, though I don't actually drink very often. I'm very anti-smoking though...seen some elderly family members really pay for it in their later years. I wouldn't hold it against anyone, but as someone who used to have asthma I would never date a smoker, for instance.

Rew likes this.
  9. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Puff, puff, pass.

10. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I just had mediation today and it went surprisingly well for me (though I might have been able to get awarded even more had I gone to court). So I have been contemplating a victory drink.

But then drinking might make me think about all the stuff that led me to where I am and maybe I'll get sad and suddenly not feel victorious.

This thread is hard.

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    My father is a full on alcoholic and is no longer a part of my life because of it and I've spent the past seven years working for an organization dedicated to helping those with substance abuse and mental health problems. I've seen the problems alcohol can cause on a personal and professional level and I still have no problem with it and enjoy drinking in social situations quite a bit. The key is to do it responsibly which I think most people are capable of doing. Smoking is a little different and not something I like to do other than an occasional cigar, but again I think it's acceptable for someone to do it in a responsible manner.

DarthTalgus likes this.
  13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    AmySolo, Ender Sai, Luigi and 3 others like this.
  14. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I... think you might have gone for the wrong activity listed in the thread title if you're looking for the source of PRENNTACULAR threads.

15. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    What were my options again?

16. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I very much enjoy booze & smoking, as they are my two favorite vices. Concerning the smoking, though I still prefer cigars, I've taken a like to cigarettes over the past year. Hookah too every now & then.

Darth Dreadwar and PRENNTACULAR like this.
  17. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    i'd consider myself a pro drinker at this point.

and i'll smoke most things.

BUT SINCE YOU ASKED.

lately, it's been whiskey for the drinking. i'll either have some good whiskey neat, or drink jameson and ginger ale's all night.

as for the smoking, i've been rolling my own. i get some good pipe tobacco and mix it with additive free cigarette tobacco and roll those suckers up for a pretty pleasant smoke. but obviously cigars and hookahs and good good are good too at the appropriate times.

my dad's an alcoholic and responsible for most of my early childhood trauma, so i'm pretty wary of addiction. it's possible to both smoke and drink in moderation, and talking to strangers on the internet while you're indulging makes both more fun

i know a guy who smoked an avocado leaf rolled up in school paper and went blind for two hours

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  18. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    is that what we are? strangers to you?

19. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    DAVE AT LEAST LET THE I KNOW A GUY WHO SMOKE AN AVOCADO LEAF AND WENT BLIND FOR TWO HOURS POST STAND ON ITS OWN THAT ONE IS LIKE WORTHY

dani you guys are family! i'm talking about like reddit and calvinist christian blog comments and **** lol

mrsvos, DarthTunick and harpua like this.
  20. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Alchholics and underage drinkers are what I hate, nothing more disgusting than watching some teens drink away their brain cells instead of studying.
    Why does that matter ? My opinion doesn't become less valid because I'm of a certain age (I'm not underage if that's what you're asking)

21. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Drinking alcohol doesn't destroy brain cells, that's a myth.

mrsvos and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  22. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Ok so who is ANTI/PRO unreasonable intolerance?

anakinfansince1983 and harpua like this.
  23. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I am.

24. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Signed.

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  25. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Smoking is pretty dumb but it's something I did for about 20 years, so I guess I'm pretty dumb.

I think drinking can be a good thing. Wine can complete a good meal and a few beers with friends can be good.

I'm not a fan of getting completely arse-faced but mostly because hangovers last all day at my age and cut into my training.