main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The pro-resurrection thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by darklordoftech, Jun 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    I think if the child murdering visage of Anakin can return in a LightSide force ghost, surely Sidious has earned enough Dark Side XP for a resurrection.

darklordoftech likes this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    How can Boba Fett and Palpatine be resurrected if they never died?

darthwannobi and darklordoftech like this.
  3. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Epics and mythologies (the likes of which Star Wars draws from) frequently use the afterlife as a theme. The saga so far sets up metaphysical aspects such as force ghosts which gives many characters - including Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin - a direct avenue back to the land of the living.

Now consider this. In Episode III, we hear about Yoda and Obi-Wan learning from Qui-Gon to become one with the living force. We also hear Vader and Sidious conspire discover Sith secrets of immortality. Anakin was not in on the Force Ghost deal. So how did he become a ghost?

I have been tendering a theory that Vader and Sidious were successful in discovering certain secrets of the Force which would have allowed Anakin to become ghost. But if THAT'S true, then Sidious would surely know the same secret! (When he hit the bottom of that shaft, was that a reactor explosion, or his dark side energy escaping into the galaxy? I'm a little far out here, but hear me out: If Vader and Sidious found out how to be one with the Force, Sidious can become a dark side ghost - and the spirit of Darth Vader can survive as a separate entity from/identity crisis for the ghost of Anakin.

I would be very satisfied by a story arc like this in the Sequel Trilogy. Not really "resurrection", but like someone earlier said, I'm more interested in characters returning from the netherworld of the Force.

4. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I think it's more likely that he just didn't die as we thought at the end of ROTJ.

Although, from rumours the ST is supposed to be more 'spiritual' and explore the spirit plane a bit more so who the ***** knows?

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Luke: "I saw you die!"
    Sidious: "Palpatine died. Sidious lives!"

Force Smuggler likes this.
  6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    So Palpatine was just a body?

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Sidious is more than a man... he is an idea! Remember his dialogue on the plane: "A man is just flesh and blood and can be ignored or destroyed. But as a symbol... as a symbol, I can be incorruptible, everlasting".

TX-20 likes this.
  8. darthwannobi

darthwannobi Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2013
    ^^ I don't remember that Palpy line in the movies. Which one? I would love to revisit all the characters from OT and PT, and I like that their continuance is open-ended via force ghost or whatever means. But bringing back Palpy and Anakin (sith and balance prophecy thing) would screw up the entire arc of Anakin's chosen one character?? ... The whole plot of the saga, no?

9. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    It might be the only way to bring him back. Although you will probably need another actor to play his "new body".

10. Darth Eddie

May 14, 2013
    If Palpatine was just a body, then Anakin was just a body too.

Then Vader lives.

11. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    It would be cool to separate the whiny Anakin from the cold-hearted Vader. Then Darth Vader could become like Blade. All of his strengths, none of his weaknesses.

12. Darth Eddie

May 14, 2013
    I prefer to think that ghost Anakin has transcended his whininess. If we see a communion with Hayden's Anakin, I think he'll be spittin' some serious wisdom.

13. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    As long as Hayden is Anakin, that force ghost is doomed. DOOMED.

benknobi1 and Sarge like this.
  14. Darth Eddie

May 14, 2013
    Yeah. To 40+-year-old prequel deniers.

I don't think normal people will have much of a problem buying Hayden again.

15. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    i love the theme of Ressurection a billion times more than cloning etc. And if Your going to have a virgin birth in episode 1 - you might as well have ressurection! Thats why i love the Plagueis scene on ROTS. There is also a large difference to say the return of Boba Fett (did not die/assumed death) and Palpatine. The character could come back as a ghost who maybe possesses peoples bodies (bit dark maybe for SW?) I do tho like the idea of Plagueis being involved - but as i believe it, TheEmperor is dead but his spirit maybe lurking in the hate of others just waiting to manifest itself into physical form. Maybe Anakin's ghost would help Luke defeat this final threat?

16. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Funny thing is, I only deny the one film that didn't have Hayden.

Darth Eddie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.