main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Problem With Prequels

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Goldenboy62, Oct 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ferelwookie

ferelwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2001
    Defintely! Portman's shower scenes should've never been cut out. :p

As far as some parts of the OT and PT seemingly "not fitting" quite right...the PT should have been made to fit the (already existing) OT. Any continuity errors or "goofs" in logic in the series should be fixed in the PT, IMO.

2. MikeSolo

MikeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    The Problem with the Prequels is the people who watched them and didn't like them. They're the problem not the movies or GL. So give it up and go cry some where else.

3. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    People say this all the time MikeSolo and are always ignored. The truth can be hurtful at times.

4. Goldenboy62

Goldenboy62 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2002
    Well so much for any kind of serious dialogue about a work of art. Thanks ferelwookie for an intelligent opinion. The rest of you have at it.

5. Masterkyp44

Masterkyp44 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2002
    Atleast we can put to rest that the fanbase of star wars is getting smaller.

STAR WARS TOYS #1 in SALES!!! Hard to argue that AOTC hurt the fanbase. LOL

6. smauldookie

smauldookie Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    The Problem With Prequels will always be the writing,directing and acting.

just like other movies with problems.

7. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    It's so ridiculous to blame an audience for not liking a movie. That is really one of the dumbest concepts I've ever heard.

8. TokyoXtreme

TokyoXtreme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    So give it up and go cry some where else.

Somewhere other than the thread entitled "The Problem with Prequels"? Sounds to me like we're in the right place! Ha ha ha!

9. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Can't there ever be threads that don't become bashers vs. gushers? They all say the same thing over and over again. Has there been any thing new said in them? Have people changed the minds because of them? Have people got sick of them? Do we need so many of them?

When willthe gusher/basher war end?

10. yodaschum

yodaschum Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2002
    when will the gusher/basher war end?

When the great one (Lucas) decides (when he makes a good film).

11. TokyoXtreme

Oct 24, 2001
    When willthe gusher/basher war end?

The war is in your mind.

12. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    In other words in will never end. How ever ever ever sad. :(

13. yodaschum

May 9, 2002
    gushers and bashers need to unite against one enemy.... the media and their bias against Star Wars!

14. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    gushers and bashers need to unite against one enemy.... the media and their bias against Star Wars!

That may nto happen. Also I can see what your trying to do.

15. ferelwookie

Oct 4, 2001
    Is the conspiracy against Lucas also a part of the worldwide Zionist conspiracy? :p

This is really pathetic.

Some people don't have the same OPINION as other's about a DAMNED MOVIE! A little perspective please folks?

16. TokyoXtreme

Oct 24, 2001
    In other words in will never end. How ever ever ever sad.

Ever ever ever sad? That's pretty sad. Sounds like one of Natalie's deleted scenes.

If there were no "basher/gusher war", then where would all the "gushers" post their flames and condescending remarks about the Star Wars fans who participate in this forum?

17. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    ANIDANAMI said: When willthe gusher/basher war end?

Over time, I have sensed that you agree with my viewpoint more and more. You feel the power of true reason and argument. Join me and together we can rule this board as basher and gusher and end this senseless conflict!

18. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    It's so ridiculous to blame an audience for not liking a movie. That is really one of the dumbest concepts I've ever heard.

Nobody is blaming the audience because all indications are that the audience loves the prequels. We're actually blaming the extremely small number of loud-mouthed malcontents who have been bitching about Star Wars since seeing their first ewok for spreading their vile negativity and trying to create the false impression that more than 6% of the fanbase hates Star Wars. Come on, man, get it straight!

19. Hell_Sith666

Hell_Sith666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2002
    nevermind

20. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Over time, I have sensed that you agree with my viewpoint more and more. You feel the power of true reason and argument. Join me and together we can rule this board as basher and gusher and end this senseless conflict

Is this the part where I say "All never join you."

Then you say if you only knew the power of theforce.net.

etc,etc.

Because I want it to end to but. Two people alone may not be enough.

21. ferelwookie

Oct 4, 2001
    We're actually blaming the extremely small number of loud-mouthed malcontents who have been bitching about Star Wars since seeing their first ewok for spreading their vile negativity and trying to create the false impression that more than 6% of the fanbase hates Star Wars. Come on, man, get it straight!

I didn't realise that expressing a negative view or opinion on a movie made on "malcontent". Where do you get you "numbers"? People like/dislike different movies and different parts of movies, ya know? It is okay to have differing opinions on escapist entertainment without calling for the blood of the infidels!!! :p

Is it just me, or is the AOTC waaaaay too serious? It's really quite silly reading through most of the "angry" posts on this board IMO.

22. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Many people didn't like the original films. Not everyone even gave a crap. I know many people that say "I never got what was so great about Star Wars"

Who cares if part of the original audience is not part of the new audience. Plenty of people like the prequels. It's at least a large enough audience to equal a successful film series. Yes a large part of the audience is kids but what were we the first time around?

The problem is the persistent whining by that part of the fanbase that can't let go. If I don't like a movie I move on. I don't whine about it incessantly for months or years. Funny thing is I liked Alien and Aliens but the other 2 stunk. Guess what I do. I only watch the first 2. Do I argue with people that like the other 2? No. Of course not.

23. yodaschum

May 9, 2002
    The problem is the persistent whining by that part of the fanbase that can't let go. If I don't like a movie I move on. I don't whine about it incessantly for months or years.

The rally cry of "gushers"!

24. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    The rally cry of "gushers"!

We're right, too, and you know it!

25. Tom_Brady

Tom_Brady Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    I didn't realise that expressing a negative view or opinion on a movie made on "malcontent".

Then obviously you haven't paid much attention to what certain individuals say here. I've been watching for a while and I've noticed that most people did enjoy AOTC, even with it's flaws. Some didn't but they can talk civilly about why the did not.

I have also noticed a wierd little band of "malcontents" who never even seem to talk about the movie but just find new and creative ways to bash AOTC, the people who worked on it, and mostly the people who come here to chat about why they enjoyed it. These people give those of you normal people who may not have liked AOTC but generally don't mean any harm a really bad name.

Where do you get you "numbers"?

I can name 8 or ten people here who act like spoiled kids. There are 85,000+/- registered users here. His numbers sound about right, actually.

People like/dislike different movies and different parts of movies, ya know? It is okay to have differing opinions on escapist entertainment without calling for the blood of the infidels!!!

Absolutely. Tells that to the nasty ones who do just come here to make trouble and we'll all be OK.

ferelwookie, I would agree with your point of view expressed in your signature if I didn't take it personally. Watch it, buddy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.