The Problem With Prequels

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by Goldenboy62, Oct 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrEvazan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    i dont expect mountains to be moved.

good direction and writing would be nice.
  2. Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Well, with what you expect in those areas, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Quite frankly, I wonder how you could have ever enjoyed a SW movie with expectations like that. The classic trilogy doesn't even live up to them.
  3. DrEvazan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    that is where you are wrong again gomer.

"with what you expect"

tell me gomer, what do i expect?

and again you have to bring the OT down to the PT level to make your point.
  4. sr_spielbergo1 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I don't expect mountains to be moved either. Namely the mountain that is your fat @ss, Dr. Your sad life WILL be spent on these boards without fail.
  5. DrEvazan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    anything to contribute other than flames spielbergo?
  6. Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight

star 5
    Anything to contribute other than saying the Prequels were a great waste of time to you and some others DrEvazan?

;)
  7. DrEvazan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    yes, plenty. sorry if you choose to ignore it, youre allowed.
  8. Ben-Obi-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I had great expectations , and i wanted to love it.
    I dont hate it ,and as Dr said , the dircting and stuff was bad , i was about to see tru that ,but Portman screwed the movie for me
    :(
  9. Only_2 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    yes, plenty. sorry if you choose to ignore it, youre allowed.

please feel free to repost any one single post of your's DrE in which you have anything relevant to say other than to claim that mostly everyone hates AOTC and that everyone thinks the direction and acting is bad and so should I.

Otherwise we have prepared a nice big steaming hot bowl of "shut the hell up" for you.
  10. Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    [face_laugh] This should get pretty interesting.
  11. DrEvazan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    well lately ive been too busy defnding myself from personal attacks by others on this board just because i disagree with their opinion.

ill ask you to do the same: please feel free to repost any post of mine where i claim mostly everyone hates AOTC and that everyone thinks the direction and acting is bad and so should they.

many times i have told people i am not trying to change anyones mind. i am expressing my opinion. i have also said i am happy for people if they like the PT. unfortunatley the response is usally an off topic snipe or slur against me and has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

you would do well to look in a mirror once in a while.
  12. smauldookie Jedi Knight

star 5
    How about everybody start over? :D
  13. Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Dr Evazen: "well lately ive been too busy defnding myself from personal attacks by others on this board just because i disagree with their opinion.

ill ask you to do the same: please feel free to repost any post of mine where i claim mostly everyone hates AOTC and that everyone thinks the direction and acting is bad and so should they.

many times i have told people i am not trying to change anyones mind. i am expressing my opinion. i have also said i am happy for people if they like the PT. unfortunatley the response is usally an off topic snipe or slur against me and has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

you would do well to look in a mirror once in a while."

/>
    />
  14. Only_2 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    DrE,

read your response to Gom-er above and tell me what you think it's supposed to mean. I'm confused. It sounds like you are telling him he's wrong (even though it's his opiniion you're discussing) and that you don't want to bring the OT down to the PT level, whatever that means.

I didn't even have to leave this page to prove my point.
  15. DrEvazan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    he IS wrong to pretend to know my expectations.

nice try though!
  16. DrEvazan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    here is that mirror you were looking for Only_2:

"That's got to be the most ignorant statement I've ever read coming from a supposed "true" Star Wars fan."

"No you moron. I'm saying that anyone who gives any credit to how Oscar Nominees are chosen is a fool."

"Go ahead and get your dictionary to understand what I just told you, I'll wait..."

"the majority of people who liked ANH also liked AOTC and don't really care about the flaws that seem to make your pityful, miserable little life such a living hell."

"Clearly you seem deeply emotionally disturbed by what that awful man did to your cherished childhood memories by forcing you to go see a movie"

cry me a river.

17. Green_Destiny_Sword Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    [Stuart Scott]Booya![/stuart scott]
  18. Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I already cry you a river.
  19. Miiike Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Everyone should take a deep breath and count to 10 (15 or 20 if you need it).
  20. smauldookie Jedi Knight

star 5
    "[Stuart Scott]Booya![/stuart scott]"

[face_laugh]
  21. Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight

star 5
    "The Problem With Prequels"

When Episode 3 is finished I have forseen the same people who don't like the Prequels as it is now will refuse to watch them again. They will be watching only 50% of the trilogy, they will deny themselves the whole sega. That's sad. :(

For them...
  22. Durwood Jedi Master

star 5
    I don't know about any of you, but the bashers sure haven't ruined my fun.
  23. Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight

star 5
    Some people on this board demand too much from the Prequels. I'm sure some of them went into the cinema with a "must-have demand" list and ticked them off after the end. 8-}
  24. Goldenboy62 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I don't really demand anything more from the sequels/prequels than any other movie. I put forth the question though. Is there anyone out there who doesn't believe that the immense popularity of Star Wars in some way altered the course of the way the story was going, starting with RoTJ? Remember I'm only asking for an honest opinion/speculation.

I'll name three other series that arose just as much of an outcry. Aliens III (ppl are still split over that) the James Bond fanchise. The Batman franchise; however everybody is in pretty much agreement that even though the Tim Burton movies were far from perfect, they sure as hell beat what came after. I think the term bashing is being thrown around way too loosely. It is not bashing to state a fact, i.e. characters acting out of character, or doing stupid things only to further the plot. Acting is subjective, and I refrain from critiquing actors. The poster who added the point about the concept of throwing ppl (and let's face it Jedi are not Christians) in an arena was pretty Stupid. Death traps are stupid in general, and the only way any filmmaker will ever surprise me with one is to let the protagonist be killed. Lucas only got away with it with truly loyal fans, any other filmmaker would have been rightly thrashed and their movie immediately relegated to the back bins of blockbuster, but the fact is ppl care about these films. True, it is not "our vision", what the critics are trying to say is just do your absolute best.
  25. anidanami124 Jedi Master

star 6
    But Goldenboy62 not everyone agrees with you about the acting or some of the other things.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.