main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index The Prolific Writers' Index | Updates on the 1st & 16th of every month

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ProlificWritersSock, Feb 3, 2015.

1. ProlificWritersSock

ProlificWritersSock Jedi Master star 1

Feb 3, 2015
    Promoted fics - March 2016

BEFORE

No submissions.

SAGA

Life Among the Ashes by taramidala
    BEYOND

No submissions.

This is an index-only thread.
    To comment on the promoted fics, please go to the story threads.
    If you have any questions on this index's rules, please PM this sock.

whiskers likes this.
  2. ProlificWritersSock

Feb 3, 2015
    The sock is now accepting fics for promotion in April 2016.

With the awards process in the works, there is one extra rule this month: you may not promote a fic that is eligible for the 2016 awards, i.e. a fic that you updated at least once between 01 January and 31 December 2015.

Other than that, the usual PROMOTION RULES still stand:

Only authors who have an entry in this index may promote their fics only via the sock

1. Open a PM convo with the sock and specify clearly in the title "fic promotion for User in [month/year]". If you already promoted a fic last month, please keep your new PMs to this convo and update the convo title using the "edit conversation" button at the top of the page.

2. You may promote only ONE fic at a time. This can be a fic that was started/updated/completed in the past month or an old fic that you want to bring back from the dead.

3. You cannot promote again the same fic as last month.

4. You can only promote fics that you authored/co-authored, not other people's fics.

5. When PM-ing your promoted fic to the sock, please follow this template:

Title: (no fancy formatting please)
    Co-author(s): (N/A if not applicable)
    Era: Before/Saga/Beyond
    Link: (no embedded links please)
    Why I'm promoting this fic (absolute maximum 100 words): e.g. "I started a new story about..." or "my epic such and such is reaching a crucial point" or "I added a download link for my completed story" etc. This can include basic info of plot, characters and themes.

The deadline to send your fics for promotion is 30 March 2016. The new list of promoted fics will be posted on 01 April 2016.

3. ProlificWritersSock

Feb 3, 2015
    Promoted fics - April 2016

BEFORE

No submissions

SAGA

Dark Forces: Rogue Mission by whiskers
    BEYOND

No submissions

4. ProlificWritersSock

Feb 3, 2015
    The sock is now accepting fics for promotion in May 2016.

With the awards process in the works, there is one extra rule this month: you may not promote a fic that is eligible for the 2016 awards, i.e. a fic that you updated at least once between 01 January and 31 December 2015.

Other than that, the usual PROMOTION RULES still stand:

Only authors who have an entry in this index may promote their fics only via the sock

1. Open a PM convo with the sock and specify clearly in the title "fic promotion for User in [month/year]". If you already promoted a fic last month, please keep your new PMs to this convo and update the convo title using the "edit conversation" button at the top of the page.

2. You may promote only ONE fic at a time. This can be a fic that was started/updated/completed in the past month or an old fic that you want to bring back from the dead.

4. You can only promote fics that you authored/co-authored, not other people's fics.

Why I'm promoting this fic (absolute maximum 100 words): e.g. "I started a new story about..." or "my epic such and such is reaching a crucial point" or "I added a download link for my completed story" etc. This can include basic info of plot, characters and themes.

The deadline to send your fics for promotion is 30 April 2016. The new list of promoted fics will be posted on 01 May 2016.

5. ProlificWritersSock

Feb 3, 2015
    Promoted fics - May 2016

BEFORE

Midday Darkness / The Light is Me, I Am The Light by Ewok Poet
    SAGA

No submissions

BEYOND

Odd Partnerships by Gahmah Raan

6. ProlificWritersSock

Feb 3, 2015
    The sock is now accepting fics for promotion in June 2016.

Reminder of the PROMOTION RULES:

The deadline to send your fics for promotion is 30 May 2016. The new list of promoted fics will be posted on 01 June 2016.

7. ProlificWritersSock

Feb 3, 2015
    No submissions for promoted fics in June 2016, but I'm taking advantage of this to remind everyone to update their entries in this index if needed :)

8. ProlificWritersSock

Feb 3, 2015
    The sock is now accepting fics for promotion in July 2016.

The deadline to send your fics for promotion is 30 June 2016. The new list of promoted fics will be posted on 01 July 2016.

9. ProlificWritersSock

Feb 3, 2015
    Promoted fics - July 2016

BEFORE

No submissions.

SAGA

Ἀνάγκη – Necessity beyond sway by Chyntuck
    BEYOND

No submissions.

10. ProlificWritersSock

Feb 3, 2015
    The sock is now accepting fics for promotion in August 2016.

The deadline to send your fics for promotion is 31 July 2016. The new list of promoted fics will be posted on 6 August 2016 (when I come back from vacation!)

11. ProlificWritersSock

Feb 3, 2015
    Promoted fics - August 2016

No submissions.

12. Thane_Kyrell

Thane_Kyrell Jedi Knight star 1

May 16, 2016
    Title: Lost Stars: Ciena's Redemption
    Co-Authors: N/A
    Timeframe: New Republic Era, Pre-TFA
    Genre: Action, Romance
    Canonicity: Canon
    Type: series
    Characters: Thane Kyrell, Ciena Ree, Wedge Antilles, Kendy Idele, Nash Windrider, Dath Plagueis, Snoke, Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, Admiral Ackbar, Mon Mothma, Oris Kyrell, Ganaire Kyrell, Parron Ree, Verine Ree, Lando Calrissian, and others.
    Summary: The Events in the lives of Thane Kyrell and Ciena Ree following the Battle of Jakku.
    Last updated: 2016
    Other relevant information: This is an epic saga spanning 3 stories. There will be other short stories covering in more detail parts that are glazed over in the story.
    Download links: N/A

Title: Lost Stars: Seeds of Resistance
    Timeframe: New Republic Era leading up to and including events in Bloodline
    Characters: Thane Kyrell, Ciena Ree, Wedge Antilles, Kendy Idele, Admiral Ackbar, Nash Windrider, Leia Organa, and others.
    Summary: Part 2 of the continuation of the lives of Ciena and Thane Kyrell in the New Republic leading up to the creation of the Resistance and the events of The Force Awakens.
    Other relevant information: Part 2 of 3

Title: Lost Stars: Ultimate Sacrifice
    Timeframe: Post TFA
    Genre: Action, Adventure. Romance
    Characters: Thane Kyrell, Ciena Kyrell, Jude Edivon Kyrell Antilles, Wedge Antilles, Parron Kyrell, Leia Organa, Luke Skywalker, Rey, Poe Dameron, Ackbar, etc.
    Summary: The finale of the Lost Stars Saga. The events that take place after the destruction of Starkiller base leading to the eventual destruction of the First Order.
    Other relevant information: Part 3 of 3. Possibility of a Legacy Series following the Kyrell Children at a later date.

Short Stories:

Title: Lost Stars: Ciena's Choice
    Timeframe: During the Events of Ultimate Sacrifice, Post TFA
    Type: Short Story
    Characters: Ciena Kyrell, Thane Kyrell, Kendy Idele Antilles, Wedge Antilles, Jude Edivon Antilles, Paron Kyrell, Ackbar, and others.
    Summary: The details of the choice that Ciena made to make her sacrifice.
    Other relevant information: None

Title: Lost Stars: Deliberations
    Timeframe: Post Jakku, pre TFA, New Republic Era
    Genre: Drama, Romance
    Characters: Ciena Ree, Thane Kyrell, Mon Mothma, Ackbar, Crix Madine, Carlist Riekeen
    Summary: The deliberations of the panel following Ciena's trial and testimony
    Other relevant information: N/A

Title: Lost Stars: The Lost Child
    Timeframe: Before the Events of TFA
    Genre: Adventure
    Canonicity: Legends/Canon
    Characters: Ciena Kyrell, THane Kyrell, Leia Organa, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker
    Summary: A story written with Lost Stars characters. Addresses a theory about Rey's origins.
    Other relevant information: Separate from the Lost Stars Saga and other Short Stories. This has no continuity nor relevance to the main saga and thus has direct contradictions.

Chyntuck likes this.
  13. ProlificWritersSock

Feb 3, 2015
    The sock is now accepting fics for promotion in January 2017

A reminder of the usual PROMOTION RULES:

The deadline to send your fics for promotion is 30 December 2016. The new list of promoted fics will be posted on 01 January 2017.

14. ProlificWritersSock

Feb 3, 2015
    Promoted fics - January 2017

No submissions.

15. ProlificWritersSock

Feb 3, 2015
    The sock is now accepting fics for promotion in February 2017

A reminder of the usual PROMOTION RULES:

The deadline to send your fics for promotion is 31 January 2017. The new list of promoted fics will be posted on 01 February 2017.

16. ProlificWritersSock

Feb 3, 2015
    Promoted fics - February 2017

BEFORE

No submissions.

SAGA

Rage, rage against the dying of the light by AzureAngel2 and DarthUncle
    BEYOND

No submissions.

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  17. ProlificWritersSock

Feb 3, 2015
    The sock is now accepting fics for promotion in March 2017.

You'll find the usual reminder of the usual PROMOTION RULES below, with an added twist this month: with the fanfic awards due to begin any day now, you cannot promote a fic that you started or updated between 01 January and 31 December 2016, as that would be akin to campaigning.

The deadline to send your fics for promotion is 27 February 2017. The new list of promoted fics will be posted on 01 March 2017.

18. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    BEFORE

None so far

SAGA

Title: Diary of an Angry Hothan
    Timeframe: A year before ESB, so 2 ABY
    Genre: Drama, Humor
    Canonicity: Somewhere between Canon and Legends
    Type: Short for now
    Characters: Han, Luke, Chewie, Leia, Rieekan, Mon Mothma, many others from that time frame.
    Summary: A diary covering the time period after the Rebellion relocated to Hoth from the perspective of Han Solo. And all of the subsequent problems that exist with living on an iceball of a world.
    Last updated: 2/18/2017
    Other relevant information: Dear Diary Challenge 2017

Title: Only Girl in the World
    Timeframe: 5 ABY
    Genre: Angst/Drama
    Canonicity: AU
    Type: Short, One Shot, Not so Blind series
    Characters: Teafa Phaidraig
    Summary: What happened when Teafa woke up from a very traumatic battle on Mortis, a week after thinking everything was being destroyed.
    Last updated: 2017
    Other relevant information: Written for the Chart Hits Challenge

Beyond

Title: Down in a Hole
    Timeframe: Post NJO, think about 31 ABY
    Genre: Adventure, Humor
    Canonicity: Legends
    Type: Short, One Shot
    Characters: Corran Horn, Kyp Durron
    Summary: Kyp and Corran are trapped in a cave after a failed peace negotiation.
    Other relevant information: Written for the Mod Challenge 2017

Title: Not so Blind
    Timeframe: 144 ABY
    Genre: Adventure, Angst, Drama, Recovery
    Canonicity: AU
    Type: Short (so far), Not so Blind series
    Characters: Teafa Phaidraig
    Summary: The diary of how Teafa manages to put herself back together after being taken by slavers, and eventually how she runs off to pursue learning more about the Force.
    Last updated: 2/18/2017
    Other relevant information: Dear Diary Challenge 2017

Kahara, Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  19. ProlificWritersSock

Feb 3, 2015
    Promoted fics - March 2017

BEFORE

Family is What You Make It by Ewok Poet
    SAGA

Feline Trouble by Chyntuck
    BEYOND

No submissions.

Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  20. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I hope I've done this right... I mostly want to make sure *I* can find these!

BEFORE
    Title:
    Why Jedi Never See Their Families
    Timeframe: Right before TPM
    Genre: Humor
    Canonicity: AU (probably!)
    Type: Short, one shot
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi's mother
    Summary: Obi-Wan's mom leaves a voice message for her baby right before he leaves for Naboo
    Last updated: April 2017
    Other relevant information: Repost, I believe it first went up in 2003 and was lost when things got truncated

Title: The Curse of the Jedi's Tomb
    Timeframe: Before the Saga, Jedi Apprentice Era, approximately 35BBY
    Characters: Mostly OCs, though Yoda & Mace Windu have a cameo. And a bad guy who might seem familiar.
    Genre: humor, drama, adventure, ghost story

Canonicity: Legends, slightly AU
    Summary: When there's something strange in your neighborhood, who ya gonna call? Jedi Knights! Even when they are not happy about it. Strange doings on the cemetery moon of Necropolis lead to an investigation by Rendell Trett, a very average Jedi Master and his slightly Mary Sueish Padawan, Arwen-dai Istarri.
    Other Relevant Information: This is a repost of something I put up when I first came to the boards, BEFORE Attack of the Clones came out, so you will see discrepancies. All the “Jedi may not know love” stuff didn’t exist yet. But I do love a good ghost story, and the title was too much fun not to use. I lost most of my old stories when my computer died back in 2005. And the backups were on floppy disks, which my new computer doesn’t have a port for.

SAGA
    Title: Swan Songs
    Co-Authors:
    N/A
    Timeframe: a few years after Revenge of the Sith
    Genre: Drama
    Canonicity: canon-ish to Legends
    Type: Short
    Characters: OCs
    Summary: a young Corellian woman visits her uncle to accept a new project, which may be more significant than she realizes
    Last updated: February 2018
    Other relevant information:
    loose prequel to Mercy Flight

Title:
    The Wind that Shakes the Corley
    Timeframe: Begins with the destruction of Alderaan
    Genre: Drama
    Canonicity: Canon, OT
    Characters: All OCs
    Summary: A young Alderaanian man must choose between the principles of his family and his love for an Imperial officer when his homeworld is destroyed.
    Last updated:
    May 2017
    Other relevant information: Done in response to Pandora’s Celtic Song Challenge, it is inspired by the old Irish song “The Wind that Shakes the Barley.”
    WINNER, 2018 FAN FICTION AWARDS, "Best Continuity Compliant," tied for "Best Response to a Challenge" and "Best Drama"
    Download links:
    N/A

Title: Dreg Squadron
    Timeframe: 4 days before the Battle of Hoth
    Genre: Action/Adventure, humor
    Canonicity: Canon, OT
    Characters: OCs, Wedge Antilles, Tycho Celchu, Wes Janson, Hobbie Klivian, Leia Organa, various Rebel personnel and a whole lot of TIE fighters
    Summary: Two new pilots arrive on Hoth to join the Rebellion.
    Last updated: Jan 2017
    Other relevant information: N/A

Title: Mercy Flight
    Timeframe: 2 weeks after the Battle of Hoth
    Characters: All OCs
    Genre: Action/suspense/medical drama, squadfic
    Summary: A young Rebel pilot makes a desperate run through an Imperial blockade
    WARNING: Icky medical descriptions, dead children (not graphic)
    Notes: Ambri Merrin first appeared in Dreg Squadron. Inspired by the Nome Serum Run of 1925 and Michael Stackpole’s Krytos Trap.
    Last updated: January 2018
    Other relevant information: WINNER, 2018 FAN FICTION AWARDS, "Best Action/Adventure" and tied, "Best Story Between 0 ABY and 4 ABY"
    Download links:
    N/A

Title: A Rogue by Any Other Name
    Timeframe: A few weeks ABY
    Genre: Humor, one-shot
    Canonicity: Canon, OT, and screaminglin AU!
    Characters: Luke Skywalker, Wedge Antilles, General Rieekan, Wes Janson, Hobbie Klivian & the rest of Rogue Squadron
    Summary: The Rebellion gets a new sponsor for their activities, but there’s a slight catch…
    Last updated: March 2017
    Other relevant information: Based on a plot bunny from Gamiel and @Sith-I-5…blame them!

Title: More Than He Can Chew
    Timeframe: Sometime during ESB
    Genre: Humor, one-shot
    Canonicity: Saga-OT
    Characters: Vader, Palpatine, Admiral Piett, Stormtroopers, Imperial guards, and a very unlucky OC
    Summary: An Imperial dentist on the Executor must deal with some demanding patients.
    Last updated: February 2017
    Other relevant information: Done for the Mod’s I Dare You! Challenge by RX_Sith: “Write a story based on a dentist in the GFFA and he is assigned as the Empire's dentist; meaning he has as his clients at least the following: Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader, Stormtroopers, Red Imperial Guards, and Admiral Piett.”

Title: I've got a Bad Feeling about This
    Co-Authors: @Ewok Poet, @Raissa Baiard, @whiskers, @brodiew, @Mira Grau, @RX_Sith
    Timeframe: Sometime after ANH
    Genre: Humor, action/adventure
    Canonicity: Saga-OT ish
    Type: Round Robin
    Characters: all OCs
    Summary: A team of Rebel scouts run into Imperial trouble, and get help from some strange locals
    Last updated: January 2017
    Other relevant information: Just a bit of fluff, which turned into a lot more drama and action than anyone anticipated; and where @Raissa Baiard came up with a brilliant new nickname for Stormtroopers

Title: Keeping Up with the Calrissians
    Timeframe: 29 ABY
    Genre: humor, drama, adventure, etc.
    Canonicity: Saga-ST, with some Legends thrown in as an AU mashup
    Type: sort of a series?
    Characters: Lando Calrissian & his 7 daughters
    Summary: Lando’s seven strong-willed daughters team up in the wake of a family emergency to try and restore their father’s fortune while looking for love and having a few adventures
    Last updated: May 2017
    Other relevant information: My answer to what Lando was doing during TFA

Title: Hobbie’s Law
    Timeframe: About 2 years before The Force Awakens
    Genre: Action/Adventure, a little RomCom
    Canonicity: Saga-ST/AU mashup w/a bit of Legends
    Characters: Poe Dameron, Maz Kanata, OCs, and a bunch of bad guys
    Summary: A pilot for the New Republic is sent to Takodana on a secret mission to pass information along to the Resistance. But her best friend decides to tag along, her Resistance contact turns out to be an old flame, and when the First Order shows up it all goes downhill from there.
    Last updated: October 2016
    Other relevant information: Winner of the 2017 Fan Fiction Awards for Best Action/Adventure, and tied for Best New Canon Story
    Download links:
    N/A

BEYOND
    Title: Regifting –The Antilles Girls Strike Back!
    Timeframe: 2 years after the end of the Vong War
    Genre: Humor
    Canonicity: Canon-Legends
    Characters: Syal & Myri Antilles, Wedge & Iella Antilles, Tycho & Winter Celchu, Wes Janson, Hobbie Klivian, Leia Organa Solo and lots of Ewoks
    Summary: After years of terrible birthday gifts, Syal and Myri decide that something must be done about Wes Janson, and they plot revenge.
    Last updated: January 2017
    Other relevant information: Inspired by @Onderon1's Wooing of Myri Antilles and the OTP Holiday challenge #3

Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
  21. ProlificWritersSock

Feb 3, 2015
    The sock is now accepting fics for promotion in April 2017.

You'll find the usual reminder of the usual PROMOTION RULES below, with an added twist this month: with the fanfic awards under way, you cannot promote a fic that was nominated, as that would be akin to campaigning. You can see the list of nominated fics here.

The deadline to send your fics for promotion is Saturday 01 April 2017. The new list of promoted fics will be posted on Sunday 02 April.

22. ProlificWritersSock

Feb 3, 2015
    Promoted fics - April 2017

BEFORE

No submissions

SAGA

Princess Seeks Scoundrel for Long-Term Relationship ♫ by Chyntuck
    BEYOND

No submissions.

Kahara, JediMaster_Jen and Ewok Poet like this.
  23. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Fanfiction written by me, Nehru_Amidala:

Before the Saga:

Title: Winter Rose Suite
    Co-Authors: None
    Timeframe: Before, during and immediately after the Battle of Atollon/Zero Hour
    Genre: Romance, Drama, Fantasy, Spiritual
    Canonicity: AU Rebels Season Three where Atollon is a complete victory for the Empire
    Characters: Grand Admiral Thrawn, Minerva Hektor (OC), Travis Livingston (OC), Agent Kallus, The Bendu, Kanan Jarrus, Hera Syndulla, the Ghost Crew
    Summary: Fearing for his life now that Thrawn's onto him, Kallus decides to save his skin by abducting Thrawn's beloved Winter Rose, Minerva Hektor. Not only is this a bad idea, Minerva also is set to fulfill a prophecy that Kanan failed to stop twenty years ago. Will Thrawn save his beloved in time, or will the Winter Rose die at the hands on the Jedi?
    Download links: None

During the Saga:

Title: Samhain Symphony
    Timeframe: Pre Battle of Hoth by about a week
    Genre: Romance, horror, supernatural
    Canonicity: AU! Saga OT
    Characters: Grand Admiral Thrawn, Minerva Hektor (OC), mentions of other OCs
    Summary: While honeymooning on Alsakan, newlyweds Thrawn and Minerva participate in a harvest ceremony, complete with ghost stories. Minerva’s memories from school give rise to a tale about a talented sorceress and her crazed wizard of a master.
    Other relevant information: Sequel to "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik: A Thrawn Romance"

Title: Eine Kleine Nachtmusik: A Thrawn Romance
    Timeframe: Three months before Hoth
    Genre: Romance, Hurt/Comfort
    Canonicity: AU! Saga OT
    Characters: Grand Admiral Thrawn, Minerva Hektor (OC)
    Summary: Seven years after their first meeting on Coruscant, Thrawn and Minerva are reunited at the Life Day fete. Will they confess their feelings for each other?

Kahara likes this.
  24. ProlificWritersSock

Feb 3, 2015
    The sock is now accepting fics for promotion in May 2017.

You'll find the usual reminder of the usual PROMOTION RULES below, with an added twist this month: with the fanfic awards under way, you cannot promote a fic that was nominated, as that would be akin to campaigning. You can see the list of nominated fics here.

The deadline to send your fics for promotion is Sunday 30 April 2017. The new list of promoted fics will be posted on Monday 01 May.

25. ProlificWritersSock

Feb 3, 2015
    Promoted fics - May 2017

BEFORE

No submissions

SAGA

Ballad of the Winter Rose by Nehru_Amidala
    BEYOND

No submissions.

Kahara likes this.