main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The prominent female character

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kez-Iban, Jun 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Personally, I'd never think of faulting Lucas for keeping the kids in mind. It's one part of the recipe for the foundation of SW, after all - something he's done from the very start (and bless him for that). I think that, as with a lot of things, it ultimately comes down to the execution.

As to the question of Sing, herself, I'm one of the ones who felt it was silly to think that kids couldn't make the distinction, but as I felt Aurra worked better the way she was presented on TCW, anyway, I was happy they ultimately went the direction they did. Just lucky, I guess. :)

2. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    It's really not a big deal.

3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Following their line of reasoning... They better not have Mace Windu on the show because kids might confuse him with Anakin Skywalker.. :oops:

4. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Great way to encourage discussion. =D=

5. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013

Bahaha, I'm sorry, but sometimes that's what it comes down to!

When we're fans, that means we're hanging on every word of the creator of the thing we like. But there are no ideal beacons to look to... every now and then, somebody's gonna use bad judgement, especially in relatively harmless ways, and he probably doesn't even mean it, and wasn't even giving any thought to it... because, yunno, there was TV to be made. Gotta make decisions and move on, and sometimes it's the wrong one.

6. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, if we are to single out an instance, here or there (like Aurra in TCW), then sure, I agree it's not the end of the world, either way the decision goes.

See, I, perhaps mistakenly, inferred that you meant to say the larger discussion of the filmmaker/show runner balancing the relative needs of the audience as a whole isn't worthy of discussion, and while again, it's not a matter of life or death, certainly, within the Star Wars world, with Episodes 7-9, any number of stand-alone features, and a new series all on the horizon, and all coming on the heels of the first regime change in the franchise's history, I see it as a timely debate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.